Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Pica & Ikon N'wst laser-cut kits coming back with Kickstarter campaign

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Pica & Ikon N'wst laser-cut kits coming back with Kickstarter campaign

Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
pilotdude57

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r_adical
Keep digging that hole

I am pretty certain they don't work on sundays
I saw the message on Sunday, and would call them on Monday. Put on your thinking cap.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by LarsL
As I mentioned in the other thread that apparently has been deleted, Adrian had over a good many years (at least 10+), built up a successful resume/history of designing model airplanes and delivering quality flying kits to customers. He has been doing a great job of tranparently comunicating the progress of his campaign such as letting us know the status of the laser and getting in the wood. That said, I'd also say that his past success history has given him leeway in kicking off the campaign without have all of the timing details laid out for us to see. Again, he has built up that trust.

This is the key difference between what he is in the process of doing and what you are attempting to do. The fact of the matter is that you don't have that history or reputation and I'm not trying to be negative towards you in saying so. There is no real point in debating here on RCU as the results will bear out in the success or failure of your Kickstarter campaign.

It is a very competitive arena you are getting into. Good luck.

Lars
If you read my bio and qualifications on the Kickstarter campaign that should tell you that I know how to produce model airplane kits, as I have been in R/C since the 70s.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by willig10
And I hear crickets. Still no construction photo's of the jet you built. Still no pictures of anything from you as to your building skills. Nilch nada. But I expect you'll have an excuse for that also.

Glenn
There are no "construction photos" of the StarJet, because it is only an 18" long fiberglass DISPLAY model, to show to investors what it will look like. Look at the Kickstarter campaign photos. What about the beaver shown with me in the front yard?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:45 AM
pilotdude57

Yep and I imagine the so called phone call if there was one was a cease and desist.

Glenn
Why would they want me to "cease and desist" if they could have me produce kits for them and deliver the kits to them to sell and make a profit of their own, with me being a "subcontractor".
Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm,
Thread- 9 days old
150 replies
Only two posted pics of the OP's work.
Pilot Dude, show the proof in the pudding, show some pics of what you have, have made, or want to make from. Show some paperwork, legal agreements, receiving receips, etc.etc.
Show something other than your typed words for verification of your sincerity at this endeavor! But of course, you won't, you can't, and that's the end of it!!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by Adrian Page
How about we encourage Mr. Jenson to pursue the design of the Starjet for his next Kickstarter campaign? The static model presented looks like a beautifully made thing. It might appeal to enough people to be worth trying. I think he has learned some valuable lessons from this first attempt. It might well succeed if he were to set up a more modest Kickstarter to raise funds to produce a small prop driven electric or a larger EDF short kit. Mr. Jenson appears to have a great deal of passion for the hobby. I think that's a good thing.

Adrian
I am actually going to do a Kickstarter campaign soon to get funding to build a FULL-SCALE mockup, or even a full-size flyable (without engines or the "expensive stuff") StarJet to display at airshows, to get investors and future customers lined up for the full scale kit. The only other full-size "personal fighter" style jet kit on the market is the ViperJet out of Pasco, Washington, and they have sold at least 21 kits at over $200,000 per kit (which does not include the jet engine, avionics, upholstery, paint job, etc.). John Travolta and Morgan Freeman were thinking about buying one, and they may have, I don't know. I may also do the Kickstarter campaign, as Adrian suggested, to do the EDF or turbine powered model, which might be produced in China, similar to other "foam" EDFs, or full fiberglass construction similar to Bob Violett jets. Also, I am about to launch a Kickstarter campaign (of course, I would have to hire people to help in all these endeavors, as it all can't be a "one-man show") to build an 87% T-28 "Trojan" using the Pratt & Whitney R-985 "Wasp Jr." radial engine producing 450 HP (same engine as in the Beaver and PT-17 Stearman). I have been toying around with the pledge for this, but I think that if a person chips in, say, $2,900, then I would fly them around the Pacific Northwest or West Coast for two days, anywhere they want to go when the airplane is done and deemed to be safe. The minimum funding amount would be $150,000. These, then, would be available as kits in the future. The R-985 is, apparently, readily available (in remanufactured form, at least), and goes for around $43,000.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by clandestoy
Hello all,

Just a bit of an update here, I spoke to the present owner of Ikon N'West today and he says he has no knowledge of having given anyone permission to reproduce his kits and would appreciate it if this stopped immediately.
What is his name and give me his contact information, so I don't have to track him down. I want to talk about a contract to produce his kits.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:02 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by TomCrump
But didn't the OP have a meeting with the IKON owner, last Friday ? What's up with that ?
No, I said I was "going to have" a meeting with him. Last I heard he lives in Spokane, Washington, only about 40 miles from me.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:04 AM
acerc

Blah, blah, blah. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Post something of proof of your intensions!!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:05 AM
pilotdude57

He has not been on or responded since the so called phone call he supposedly had on Sunday. Go figure

Glenn
That's because my desktop computer got a virus from some free file conversion software that turned out to be Chinese, and the computer wouldn't boot up, so I had to use my laptop (Desktop is now back and working correctly), and for some reason I wasn't getting emails about the new postings.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 AM
acerc

And on, and on, and on. Show some proof of your intensions, ability, anything other than lip service.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by Adrian Page
It would take some pretty extraordinary pledging activity to push the Kickstarter campaign over the top at this point.

Adrian
One of my customers for the Saturn 1B, who already has most of the parts for the kit, is going to attend the huge rocket launch event in Pueblo, Colorado, this weekend, and will put up a poster and URL's that they can cut out with scissors on a string and put in their pocket or wallet to check out the Kickstarter campaign when they get back home. I anticipate a large number of pledges after that. In addition, I am going to call AMA and see if they send out mass emails to their membership, and if so ask them to send the URL to all the AMA members, which is about 140,000 people.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by clandestoy
EddieC,

My posting the name would be irrelevant as anyone that knows Ikon kits and it's history knows that Aaron purchased it from Emil when he became too ill to continue producing the kits himself.. I have no need to post that I spoke to Aaron if indeed I did not. I actually speak to him on occasion and he is in the process of reworking the designs as his spare time allows and hopes to return the product line at some point.
Do you know who he worked for full time in Spokane, Washington, and what his medical issues were, if you talk to him on occasion? Surely, he would tell you WHY he is not producing the kits.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:17 AM
acerc

And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on, come on Dude! Surely you got something you can show, anything!!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:18 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by acerc
Hmmmm,
Thread- 9 days old
150 replies
Only two posted pics of the OP's work.
Pilot Dude, show the proof in the pudding, show some pics of what you have, have made, or want to make from. Show some paperwork, legal agreements, receiving receips, etc.etc.
Show something other than your typed words for verification of your sincerity at this endeavor! But of course, you won't, you can't, and that's the end of it!!!!
Look at the picture of me and the Beaver in the front yard in the Kickstarter campaign.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:20 AM
acerc

Not quite there yet, close, but no cigar. How about a pic of your facility for doing this?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 AM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why again why do you keep refering to the pictue in the "kick start" campaign? POST some pictures here. Oh let me guess. Excuse #1. RCU is down. Excuse #2. RCU wont let me post pictures. Excuse #3 My files are not in the correct format. on and on and on.

Can you say "Pipe Dream"?

If I built a fiberglass plane from a mold. Or for that matter anything I build, I guarantee you that I am going to have pictures to show and many of them. Especially in todays "digital" environment.

You on the other hand have shown nothing nada zilch.

again I say "Pipe dream".

Glenn
Old 07-23-2014, 11:39 AM
acerc

Ok, here is my take on this. I am an investor, in property of all sorts from farmland to housing rentals and more. And as it currently stands, judging by your words and your Kickstarter pages, I can see where numerous lawyers are lining up to get to you. First off you have associated legitimate infringement protected businesses with request of funds, that's copy right infringement. Second, by requesting these funds in association with known protected interest you have generated fraudulent activity. Third and foremost, at least for a judge, according to your Kickstarter page you have already received funds in relations to the afore mentioned.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:44 AM
acerc

If I built a fiberglass plane from a mold. Or for that matter anything I build, I guarantee you that I am going to have pictures to show and many of them. Especially in todays "digital" environment.

Glenn
True, so very true. On my current build I have 361 photos, and it's not done yet. Then there are the numerous other builds I have here on RCU, thousands of photos. For those that are real it would be more of a question of what pic do you want to see!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:46 AM
willig10

Additionally you show some pictures on the kickstarter campaign that will throw off an uneducated person in the hobby. You say your cessna was cut from die cut parts. Dude that is an RC Guys cessna.

Now for your photograph of the beaver. Ok there is something. Now post the build pictures right here. You had a camera to take that shot, I know you got more if that is in fact your beaver. Now show em.

Lastly, your pledges so far equal 1200.00. Frankly I am surprised but to each their own. All you got to do to show that your legit is post some dang pictures of your build and maybe even your shop. Quit stalling, quit giving excuses. Just post some pictures. It's really simple. All you have to do is go to the "go advanced" tab then post your comment. If your pictures are oversize, shrink them to medium and upload them from the manage attachments file.

Now, no more BS from you. No more typing words, All we want to see at this point is some dang pictures. EASY PEEZY.

I suspect you wont. But proove me wrong. The gauntlet has been laid down (Challenge). I dare you to post some build pictures, not of other peoples builds but YOURS. Dare me to do the same.

Glenn
Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 AM
acerc

We are waiting.........tic toc tic toc the mouse ran up the clock
Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM
pilotdude57

Here's an idea for the "doubting Thomas's". Why don't you chip in $1 to $5 for the campaign, not expecting any returns, except the good probability that these kits will be available in the future for reduced cost since I will be using my own laser cutter, and spread the word around to all that you know, and have them spread the word around, and so on and so on (networking), so that it will be a successful campaign and I can get things going? If you lose $1 to $5 and, for some reason I have to do ANOTHER campaign to get the additional funding that I need, and that one fails also, you are only out $1 to $5. If 3,000 people chip in $5 that's $15,000 to get it going. Even if it doesn't ultimately succeed, then I can pay everyone back with my proceeds from the action against the FAA (which will include the last 10.5 years of salary at an average of $120,000 per year, as if an employee resigns BECAUSE OF being cheated it is "constructive discharge", same as wrongful termination), for cheating me out of $20,700 per year given to other IDENTICAL employees (which our attorney failed to tell the Judges about, however, even one Judge in the oral arguments said, "Are you telling me that there are identical employees in the same control tower getting different rates of pay?", where one of the other Judges responded with, "They wouldn't be here if that were not the case". They then used IDIOTIC reasoning to dismiss the case, however, that only concerned the SECONDARY slap in the face committed against us, how pay was set AFTER arriving at the new facilities, where it has been discovered that DURING our 14-month delay in moving we were given smaller pay raises, and on two occasions NO pay raise, than/that we would have been given if we had moved on time, so illegally putting us at the BOTTOM of the new pay band upon arriving at the new facilities was, "to add insult to injury". The INITIAL injustice has NOT gone through court (which giving us RETROACTIVE higher-percentage raises would correct the INITIAL injustice and AUTOMATICALLY correct the SECONDARY injustice and put our pay at the correct level at the new facilities WITHOUT being contrary to any court ruling), so the FAA Administrator can order Human Resources to pay us as if we moved AS SCHEDULED, and if that had been done I would now be in Seattle making $140,000 per year (actually I would be retired with a retirement income of around $75,000 per year, retiring last November as my mandatory retirement age was reached (56), at that time making $140,000 per year).

I can email you a copy of the MP3 file of the 45 minute oral arguments that you can listen to it yourself, just give me your email address at [email protected], or you can go to the website for the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and go to "oral arguments" and put in "Ted Brodowy v. U.S." case number 2006-5113. The MP3 oral arguments should still be available and you can listen as it is streamed to you. Very interesting example of "confusion in government". I am about to send a message to the FAA Administrator to the effect of: It is AGAINST THE LAW, and AGAINST FAA PERSONNEL REGULATIONS to apply DIFFERENT pay-setting procedures to the Air Traffic Controllers in the fourth year of the program to contract out control towers at small airports, where FAA controllers moved to higher-level facilities and were replaced by contract controllers, than the pay-setting procedures that were applied to those who moved in the first three years of the program". Section 2301(b)(2) and (b)(8), Title 5, U.S.C., which has been incorporated into the FAA Personnel Management System WORD-FOR-WORD, state, "Employees should be given fair and EQUITABLE treatment in all aspects of personnel management.......", and "Employees should be protected against ARBITRARY action".
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM
pilotdude57

Why again why do you keep refering to the pictue in the "kick start" campaign? POST some pictures here. Oh let me guess. Excuse #1. RCU is down. Excuse #2. RCU wont let me post pictures. Excuse #3 My files are not in the correct format. on and on and on.

Can you say "Pipe Dream"?

Glenn
Ok, I'll have to fire up my old computer and get the photos off of that. I have a dental appointment today, and some other things I have to get done, but I should be able to do it tonight.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:59 AM
clandestoy
My Feedback: (112)

Pilotdude57,

Aaron's reasons for not continuing the line are his and not a topic for discussion on this or any forum. Why you decide to bring up personal information on someone you do not even know does not do much to support your purported portrayal as a serious and honorable business man. As I mentioned before, anyone doing a search on RCU's site can come up with the information you have stated. That said, it is not really a topic that you or anyone should be bringing up, and while he may have lived in Spokane at one time, he hasn't for quite some time now.

I know for a fact that you have NEVER spoken to him regarding his kits - EVER.

While you may think that re-sizing or re-purposing someone else's design will limit your legal liability, try re-sizing Mickey Mouse and releasing it with a new color scheme, or try blowing up a Bob Violet Models design and release it as a kit to see how far you get. I have done quite a bit of research on patents,copyrights and trademarks and can guarantee you that a good lawyer in that field will get the owner of the material a good outcome.

As for his contact info, he knows you exist and will reach out to you if he sees it fit. He has stayed out of the industry for his own reasons and I am sure he will re-introduce himself when he sees it fit to do so.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:59 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by acerc
Ok, here is my take on this. I am an investor, in property of all sorts from farmland to housing rentals and more. And as it currently stands, judging by your words and your Kickstarter pages, I can see where numerous lawyers are lining up to get to you. First off you have associated legitimate infringement protected businesses with request of funds, that's copy right infringement. Second, by requesting these funds in association with known protected interest you have generated fraudulent activity. Third and foremost, at least for a judge, according to your Kickstarter page you have already received funds in relations to the afore mentioned.
No funds come to me until the minimum of $9,500 is reached. If that is not reached, I get NOTHING.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.