Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Pica & Ikon N'wst laser-cut kits coming back with Kickstarter campaign

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Pica & Ikon N'wst laser-cut kits coming back with Kickstarter campaign

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 02:38 AM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5:30 am still no pictures.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:24 AM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They are only protected if they are currently producing the product. If they are not producing the product then they are not suffering any financial harm, I just can't put the name "Pica or Ikon N'wst" on the kits, as if they were produced by those folks. Jealousy or Spite is not a valid cause of action, there has to be provable financial harm, or probable financial harm.
The OP has made this claim several times. It's not true. If you infringe someone else's rights and make money. the owner of those rights can recover the money you made in an action for restitution. "Jealousy or spite" has nothing to do with the matter.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:56 AM
egc-8

Hello to all thanks for the thread. I am currently in negotiations to sell the entire Ikon line to a very nice gentleman on this forum. If anyone is interested in the Ikon N'st kits I am sure he will be able to fulfill your needs. Thank you for all the interest.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:40 AM
willig10

Pilot Dude:
How can we expect you to cut a kit and deliver it in record time when you can't even upload some construction pictures of your "builds". You said they were coming, you said you were going to post them last night. It is now 8:30 am and still "NOTHING".

And you expect us to take you at your word? Not trying to beat a dead horse but you still have shown nothing to proove your the real deal.

You gonna show em or not?

Glenn

Not trying to beat a dead horse, bu
Old 07-24-2014, 06:27 AM
r_adical
My Feedback: (19)

Originally Posted by pilotdude57
That's "what company did you work for" when you bought Ikon N'wst?

Oh Lordy now you are attacking his credibility?

Good Luck with that one
Old 07-24-2014, 06:29 AM
r_adical
My Feedback: (19)

Originally Posted by egc-8
Hello to all thanks for the thread. I am currently in negotiations to sell the entire Ikon line to a very nice gentleman on this forum. If anyone is interested in the Ikon N'st kits I am sure he will be able to fulfill your needs. Thank you for all the interest.
When the sale is fnal please lets us know, I am a buyer of legitimate kits
Old 07-24-2014, 07:25 AM
evarnad

Why would they want me to "cease and desist" if they could have me produce kits for them and deliver the kits to them to sell and make a profit of their own, with me being a "subcontractor".
I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe you can produce a kit to sell wholesale without the tools and/or the experience and beat prices of the folks in China who have both the tools and experience.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:35 AM
willig10

Almost 12pm and still no pictures.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Mr.foambuilder
My Feedback: (1)

I have been modeling in RC for over 55 years, and seen many a scam, but this takes the cake. I have owned and flown planes that no one other than the original designer had, and was sworn to an oath to not loan out the jigs nor the plans. None of these pattern planes were ever put out as kits. So Mr. PD, Me thinks just crawl back under the rock You came from, because we ARE NOT buying you a laser for your personal use. Get over it, quit crying about your last job, and get a life with a real job. Roy AMA # 8045/CD. Flying since 1959.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:19 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

hello to all thanks for the thread. I am currently in negotiations to sell the entire ikon line to a very nice gentleman on this forum. If anyone is interested in the ikon n'st kits i am sure he will be able to fulfill your needs. Thank you for all the interest.
qftr
Old 07-24-2014, 11:01 AM
pilotdude57

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own Ikon N'wst I will not allow anyone to produce them on a royalty basis. However I will sell everything lock stock and barrel. Make an offer. Most kits are setup to laser cut.
A judge would ask you, "Why are you not producing the kits right now?", and how is someone else producing them causing you financial harm?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:05 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by acerc
When the walls come tumbling down!!! But he already had the right to, uh, right to remain silent.
Let me get this straight. Instead of taking the opportunity to get out-of-production kits again for yourself, you, out of jealousy of someone else making money off the venture, want to be a tattle-tale and keep yourself from getting them? You against yourself! LOL
Old 07-24-2014, 11:08 AM
pilotdude57

Originally Posted by Top_Gunn
The OP has made this claim several times. It's not true. If you infringe someone else's rights and make money. the owner of those rights can recover the money you made in an action for restitution. "Jealousy or spite" has nothing to do with the matter.
That's not correct. Laws have to be logical and make sense, and NOT inhibit the RIGHTS of someone else to buy a product, if they WANT TO PURCHASE IT. A judge would say, LOGICALLY, "How is this causing you financial harm if you are not producing the kits? You are just not wanting someone else to make money off of what you are not producing, because you don't want the public to have your products".
Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

They are only protected if they are currently producing the product. If they are not producing the product then they are not suffering any financial harm, I just can't put the name "Pica or Ikon N'wst" on the kits, as if they were produced by those folks. Jealousy or Spite is not a valid cause of action, there has to be provable financial harm, or probable financial harm.
Ok, this has gone on long enough. I put out earlier in the thread that if there was continued talk of violating copyrights I would take actions. Unfortunately you have chosen to ignore my warning and want to stay on here and make wild comments trying to justify your violating the copyrights of planes that are owned by other people. Since my warnings were ignored I'm pretty much left with no other choices here, I'm closing this thread down.

Thread closed

Ken