Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:01 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Joe , I disagree "calling it like you see would mean you experienecd it first hand " you love drama and a challenge , many this thread have added value with real post suggestions and alternitives that are real.
I have clearly spoken on both side of HK and why i will use them and also have spoken on why a local hobby shop is not my option because we dont have any and please dont tell me that is a result of China because before Hobby King every shop you meet would tell you that Tower was the evil empire .
So when show me some real "calling like I see it vs calling it like i want to " that is game is for chilldren .
THis thread can be fact based good and bad , you simply take great price and pleasure in "junk talk " funny from someone that know qulaity you certainly can bring the thread down . That is calling it like I see it .
Old 10-29-2014, 05:02 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

LoL Joe, keep up the good fight. Sis boom bah!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:28 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by LDM
Sorry Joe , I disagree "calling it like you see would mean you experienecd it first hand " you love drama and a challenge , many this thread have added value with real post suggestions and alternitives that are real.
I have clearly spoken on both side of HK and why i will use them and also have spoken on why a local hobby shop is not my option because we dont have any and please dont tell me that is a result of China because before Hobby King every shop you meet would tell you that Tower was the evil empire .
So when show me some real "calling like I see it vs calling it like i want to " that is game is for chilldren .
THis thread can be fact based good and bad , you simply take great price and pleasure in "junk talk " funny from someone that know qulaity you certainly can bring the thread down . That is calling it like I see it .
Do as I say, not as I do is a constant in these threads. It's o/k to slam this company and promote others for some, but when anyone mentions a good experience with HK, commence attacks (usually of a personal nature as well). Everyone will continue to have their same experiences, use who they want, and the same arguments and comments will be rehashed over and over.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:01 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by porcia83
Do as I say, not as I do is a constant in these threads. It's o/k to slam this company and promote others for some, but when anyone mentions a good experience with HK, commence attacks (usually of a personal nature as well). Everyone will continue to have their same experiences, use who they want, and the same arguments and comments will be rehashed over and over.
Well Tom it is a forum for discussion
Old 10-29-2014, 06:05 PM
porcia83
Banned

Have I met you before? I didn't think we had been introduced. But yes, it is a discussion forum, no doubt about it.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:47 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Maybe if you guys would stop bumping the thread with condescending posts it would just fade away,, you know what the say,,, takes two wind bags to tango,,
Old 10-30-2014, 05:11 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

And number two just showed up after trolling all what he could post upon elsewhere.

And that's The Truth,,,,, Sis boom bah!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:02 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Condescending? We are just discussing the weather;specifically the wind while injecting a bit of humor along the way. You know, like they do on those early morning msm "news" programs !
Now back on topic.............
Hobby King Customer Service STINKS !
can't argue with that,,,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	joefriday.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	2043284  
Old 10-30-2014, 02:38 PM
ge3740

at least i am not by my self...i to had a ordeal with HK also, after 32 e-mails back and forth about one item...then it was on back order for 2- weeks, then HK said on a live chat, my refund would not be returned until 7 days later, called my cc company and received the fund...then i sent a e-mail, not to ever send another. even if stuff was free...
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LDM
I hate drama but love a challenge and have done many in my life but whyshould a new person to this hobby get drama or ripped of . You dont know me at all,sorry . joe
Old 10-31-2014, 05:35 AM
scale only 4 me

Yes, let's be Helicopter parents,,

The thing is, as we've seen over and over and over,,, guys don't see these HK (or any other cheese vendor) warning threads before the hit the "buy" button. Whether it getting scammed or buying junk, guys rush in and buy first and ask questions later. The continual drum beating is closing the barn door after the horse got out. Don't you guys get tired?
Old 10-31-2014, 05:42 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me

The thing is, as we've seen over and over and over,,, guys don't see these HK (or any other cheese vendor) warning threads before the hit the "buy" button. Whether it getting scammed or buying junk, guys rush in and buy first and ask questions later. The continual drum beating is closing the barn door after the horse got out. Don't you guys get tired?
I think if a guy thinking about buying from HK does a search online threads like this and many others will come up and he will keep his hard earned money .As far as being a parent ,my little guy was 6 here and now he is 12 building his own scratch built planes . Yep he does not need china junk either. joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0060.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	2043724  

Last edited by joebahl; 10-31-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:46 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

You clearly dont.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:09 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by joebahl
I think if a guy thinking about buying from HK does a search online threads like this and many others will come up and he will keep his hard earned money .As far as being a parent ,my little guy was 6 here and now he is 12 building his own scratch built planes . Yep he does not need china junk either. joe
Way to pass it on,, that's awesome,, My kids wanted nothing to do with planes, we had fun with the cars/trucks though.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:14 AM
joebahl

Way to pass it on,, that's awesome,, My kids wanted nothing to do with planes, we had fun with the cars/trucks though.
Ha Ha with over 70 planes hanging in my basement over his head he flys and builds but he is leaning towards scale rc tanks . lol It does not matter to me as long as he is putting them together and now painting his own and modifying them with his own two hands and my money . lmao joe
Old 10-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

SHAZAM!!

My 28th trouble free HK order just arrived. Ordered some Autogyro G2 parts and couple of LiPo's on October 27th, delivered 10:00 a.m. today.

HK West warehouse doesn't let grass grow under orders.

Good job HK!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:08 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Go Team Go ! ............ Geesh !
Old 10-31-2014, 09:48 AM
Dick T.

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Go Team Go ! ............ Geesh !
Both positive and negative comments about HK are helpful to prospective customers. It lets them make a choice about doing business with HK rather than some folks here always trying to tell them what to do.

Notice too that positive comments usually contain useful information while most negative comments lack everything but nonsense.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 AM
LDM

Ask the two Largest retailers in the USA who their #1 competitor is --digital --why? because 35 and under are making their purchases on line , they learn andresearch online , they do more research online, they read reviews, (multiple ones etc. ) and they make an educated decision.

I do this for a living and despite every effort of every major retailer in the USA ,they lose to digital and will continue to do so and that is why stores will be smaller, less abundant and more virtual in service as the years progress.

This thread has so many false statements driven by emotion over fact and that is ok, I don't have a dog in this fight and you really need to buy your rc products with your hard earned money from the place that you feel best served. If Ilived in Orlando and Minn, I would probably never spend a dime online because they have some of the best shops I have ever been in, but unfortunately that isnot the case in Pa.
So to get emotional and tie the loss to a newbie , I don't know and don't get it because I am not seeing newbies as he prey of Hobby King , in fact most of the guys who have problems are vastly assorted in demographics and RC knowledge. Most newbees are in Parkzone thread and do not even know the value of a Futaba radio or servos etc .
RCU members love to draw lines vs compare notes , point in case !
Scratch builders love to say there better then kit building !
Kit building is better than ARF guys !
ARFs wood guys are better than ARF foam guys !
and the beat goes on and you wonder why we have two political interest groups ?The only thing missing is the guy that grows his own balsa tree vs the scratchbuilder who buys wood lol .
It’s the nature of this of this hobby and it’s a shame , I don't see this insports , you love your team and that is the line , in RC are we not all on the same team ? So if someone likes Hobby King or F-Hobby , or ESM planes , why not let them its America .
IN addition if someone get hurt, sure get the facts , learn what happened and make your own decision to proceed or pass .
But passing judgment on those that do choose to buy as Cheap , Cheerleaders ,junk , hey it’s a free world but it’s also revealing in a hobby that is supposed to bring people together vs. push them apart.
I am fortunate I make a great income and can afford things of my choice but Iwill never pass judgment on someone that cannot or choose not to just to gain what ?
The original post was a guy who had bad misfortune , I guess in respect for him it would have been better if the moderator only allowed --negative post that agreed and had the same misfortune ? himmmm that sounds like communism
Or perhaps only allow post that can help him with his problem ?
My point is it’s good to post agreement and opposition but not at the cost of people that are commenting on their own experiences regardless if you agree or not .

Last edited by LDM; 10-31-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:23 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Both positive and negative comments about HK are helpful to prospective customers. It lets them make a choice about doing business with HK rather than some folks here always trying to tell them what to do.

Notice too that positive comments usually contain useful information while most negative comments lack everything but nonsense.
How is there any usefull imfo on junk ? LDM has it right about HK preying on new flyers and cheap people also .lol
Old 10-31-2014, 11:16 AM
LDM

Joe I am glad you got one thing correct "LDM has it right" lol you so clearly define who you are lol .
Funny when you said " you dont know me " your words tell us everthing and your continued banter down a notch says mounds !!!

Dick T. that was a good post and an attempt to add some value to a thread that really lost its course
Old 10-31-2014, 12:58 PM
joebahl

Originally Posted by LDM
Joe I am glad you got one thing correct "LDM has it right" lol you so clearly define who you are lol .
Funny when you said " you dont know me " your words tell us everthing and your continued banter down a notch says mounds !!!

Dick T. that was a good post and an attempt to add some value to a thread that really lost its course
Ha Ha now iam back to building since the wind here is 40 to 50 mph and snow this morning . lol You guys enjoy your HK and kiss your local HS goodbye. joe
Old 10-31-2014, 01:33 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Well, like this one and other threads where someone starts with "I have a problem with HK products or customer service" and describes their issue in detail; then all of these folks chime in with "I just got my XXXX order in from HK with no problems " or " I've been ordering from HK since XXXX and never had an issue" and post number 641 in this thread . These ad no value to the thread as they do nothing to help the OP with his problem. These type of posts are just cheer-leading for HK..

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 10-31-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:58 PM
LDM

Well Brian
I try to add value in some rules and how I handeled them so in one sense your correct because it should not be about "you had a problem and I did not "hahah type thread .
I guess the problem is that most of us deal with HK in our own manner so its after the fact and not before the order.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Dick T.

Originally Posted by joebahl
How is there any usefull imfo on junk ? LDM has it right about HK preying on new flyers and cheap people also .lol
Actually reading comprehension is one of the biggest negative traits of HK haters.

LDM said, "So to get emotional and tie the loss to a newbie , I don't know and don't get it because I am not seeing newbies as the prey of Hobby King , in fact most of the guys who have problems are vastly assorted in demographics and RC knowledge."

My income level allows me to buy what ever I want but it just happens HK has some products not available elsewhere. Our flying club includes retired yacht owners to guys on very limited incomes and they all shop HK for various items. Only two had problems with HK orders but they have problems with virtually everything they touch including dealings with the LHS.

HK fills a niche for folks who can't or don't want to spend higher dollars. It's nice to be able to afford better products but tossing it in faces of lower income level folks is very rude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.