Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Old 08-17-2014, 02:30 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 10-14-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 08-30-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:00 AM
jgracco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8 bucks and you saved how much? Are you using the transmistter Jim? You start a rant over an $8 battery and you saved how much money? Next time we'll send you a box of kleenex.

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
jgracco-I am over it-found a battery for $8.00 and it works great (See post #24-the one before your last post) Thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 08:13 AM
PLANE JIM

jgracco-go troll someone else's thread!!! You are a miserable man-too bad you do not fly around Houston-I would help you fix your unhappiness!!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 AM
jgracco

Woaaa now we are getting personal... I have been to Houston many times.. nice city. You jumped down my throat about a comment made about shipping not in repsonse to your comment or your rant about a missing battery. Excuse me but this is a public forum. I stated a fact about your dealings and money saved and you seem to have an issue with my statement of the truth. You saved some $$ on a xmitter and had to pony up 8 bucks on a missing battery.

jgracco-go troll someone else's thread!!! You are a miserable man-too bad you do not fly around Houston-I would help you fix your unhappiness!!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:05 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by jgracco
8 bucks and you saved how much? Are you using the transmistter Jim? You start a rant over an $8 battery and you saved how much money? Next time we'll send you a box of kleenex.
After having to deal with HK's customer disservice and the having to search for a battery (that was supposed to be included), how much did he really "save" ?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:10 AM
jgracco

I really cannot answer that. What would prompt a person to buy from HK in the first place? I assume to save dollars. I also assume this radio including lithium ion battery from USA Warehouse would be substantially more on other sites here and with combined shipping that this person felt it was a deal. I am sure he did his research and I also assume he saved more than $8 on battery. My guess is that he saved more than 100% of his purchase price but he got a credit for the purchase back to his account anyway and kept the transmitter which I am sure is being put to good use…

Please help me to understand how this is anyone’s loss aside from Paypal.

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
After having to deal with HK's customer disservice and the having to search for a battery (that was supposed to be included), how much did he really "save" ?

Last edited by jgracco; 08-18-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:28 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

If you have a favorite restaurant, you eat there every couple weeks for years and it's great always, you encourage you friends to try it over and over because you love it soooo much,, then one night they screw up your order,, are you never going to go back?

Jim's been a HK Booster for years now,, should have saved well over the measly $8, knowing full well he's going to get a bad order sooner or later, but now he's never going back??

hypocrisy is what hypocrisy does I guess
Old 08-18-2014, 11:44 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

I really cannot answer that. What would prompt a person to buy from HK in the first place? I assume to save dollars. I also assume this radio including lithium ion battery from USA Warehouse would be substantially more on other sites here and with combined shipping that this person felt it was a deal. I am sure he did his research and I also assume he saved more than $8 on battery. My guess is that he saved more than 100% of his purchase price but he got a credit for the purchase back to his account anyway and kept the transmitter which I am sure is being put to good use…

It is not even pay pal's loss, it is ours. These types of dealings cost us all money in the form of increased fees to make up for these losses.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM
PLANE JIM

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 08-30-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:29 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

call [ama[] ,see what they can do with hobby king>> i try to get what i can in the usa if i cant get it i dont need it
Old 08-18-2014, 06:17 PM
topspin

It says you are in Hicksville... Are you the infamous HKNYC rep on Long Island? If not maybe you should see if they are hiring. Gotta go watch some epoxy dry now.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:11 PM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have ordered many times from Hobby King.. Got stung on a charger once but for the savings it was well worth it for the year or so that it worked. I purchased a glow engine for my kids plane recently.. so far so good. ordered it from the USA warehouse and had it in a few days. If you buy with paypal you can always get your money back if you have an issue....

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 08-18-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 PM
jgracco

I am not a rep.. just getting a laugh at watching this thread...

Originally Posted by topspin
It says you are in Hicksville... Are you the infamous HKNYC rep on Long Island? If not maybe you should see if they are hiring. Gotta go watch some epoxy dry now.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:21 PM
jgracco

What offer is that? Sounds more like a threat ....So hows your transmitter doing consdering you got it for free...

jgracco-your a piece of work!! I am going to watch epoxy cure instead of adding to your nonsense-Have a great day and my offer still stands if you can get to Houston!
Old 08-18-2014, 08:19 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Hobby King is a bargain basement retailer. It's just that simple. They sell the cheapest stuff that China can pump out of their sweatshops and spend the least money possible on customer service and warehouse workers. That's why they are slow and that's why a lot of their products are defective. The 8 year old who put your radio in the package was probably upset that he didn't get breakfast that morning so he forgot to include the battery. Don't be too hard on him; he had to make his quota of packaging 400 radio sets before they'd give him his bowl of rice for the day. Yes, I'm probably overdramatizing it a bit, but the point is that when you buy from the cheapest vendor you get the cheapest product. They usually work fine, but you are taking on much greater odds that they won't when you buy from HK. And it's a well-proven fact that HK really isn't concerned about having a happy customer. They know, just like all bargain basement retailers know, that there is practically an unlimited supply of people who want cheap things and for whom service and warranties don't even cross their minds.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:50 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by jester_s1
Hobby King is a bargain basement retailer. It's just that simple. They sell the cheapest stuff that China can pump out of their sweatshops and spend the least money possible on customer service and warehouse workers. That's why they are slow and that's why a lot of their products are defective. The 8 year old who put your radio in the package was probably upset that he didn't get breakfast that morning so he forgot to include the battery. Don't be too hard on him; he had to make his quota of packaging 400 radio sets before they'd give him his bowl of rice for the day. Yes, I'm probably overdramatizing it a bit, but the point is that when you buy from the cheapest vendor you get the cheapest product. They usually work fine, but you are taking on much greater odds that they won't when you buy from HK. And it's a well-proven fact that HK really isn't concerned about having a happy customer. They know, just like all bargain basement retailers know, that there is practically an unlimited supply of people who want cheap things and for whom service and warranties don't even cross their minds.
As unfortunate as it is you are probably dead on with your post. They often remind me of Harbor Freight, except you can take the junk back to Harbor Freight and they will give you another sub-standard product and you can do this hundreds of times so you wind up spending more than you would have had you just bought something decent.

So we believe we save, yet often we really don't save anything. If we really sat down when pen and paper and figured up all the cost we might be amazed. Can you imagine just how much we spend in time and labor returning stuff or how much we lose tossing it in the garbage can and justifying it because it was bottom dollar?

With HK, you just basically lose all the way around when something does go wrong. I am one of the lucky ones with HK and I have always done well with HK, but have only ordered a few hundred dollars worth over a three year period and batteries were the real bargain for me. I saved enough on one battery to justify freight cost. I did have one defective fuel pump at six dollars. So I lost six dollars over three years. Not every one is as fortunate as I have been from what I have read.Many folks that receive orders are basically HK's quality control puppets.

I do wonder if HK could charge a fraction more and at least give some level of service?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:22 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I like how most folks rationalize the low prices with cheap quality and no customer service. Most on this and the other sites say over and over " HK's stuff is so cheap when it breaks (not if mind you, when) you just throw it away and go back and buy another one"
If they would tally up all the money and time they wasted with HK when they could have spent a little more and bought something better from a more trusted retailer .
Old 08-19-2014, 09:13 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

HK has its place, don't get me wrong. As long as you don't see an ethical problem with the way a lot of Chinese goods are manufactured, HK is good for buying cheap items that you'll use a lot of. A few years ago, I bought 4 3 cell 2200 lipos from HK. 1 out of 4 was DOA, and HK said I'd have to ship it back to China to get it replaced. That cost more than the battery did, so I chunked it. I still was happy with the price of what I wound up paying for 3 batteries. When I saltwatered them all the next year because the internal resistance had gone up so high they were unusable, I still had gotten more flights out of that set of batteries than I would have from spending the same money on a better quality battery.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:49 AM
5150flyer

HK customer service or lack there of is well documented on this site and many others. Why people do business with them is bewildering to me.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:11 AM
FLAPSDOWN

Originally Posted by jester_s1
I sit down to lunch and thought I'll hang out in the Clubhouse today. It's gotta be nice in the Clubhouse, right? Then I come across these tools that gotta bash each other because being the cowards they are, would probably not do it face to face and need to hide behind the internet. Oh well.

But Jester_s1, I like your post. You're right on. The follow up question becomes, is Hobby King the kind of company you want to support, fund, and make highly profitable in their competition against American companies? I strongly say "No, absolutely not!".

Living in the Chicago area, one of the last old hobby shops around Chicago closed their doors this summer, Al's Hobbies. The days of brick and mortar hobby shops is over. What's next, the demise of American online retailers who have to compete with a Hong Kong based firm with close proximity to Chinese goods and cheap web development? I have never purchased anything from Hobby King and never will. If I can't find it or a suitable replacement on Tower or Horizon Hobbies I'll find it at a smaller American source.

With me it's not the customer service, it's not the price, it's not the shipping or return policy. It's what continent is the company based. Unfortunately the majority of those goods are already manufactured in China, why should I purchase them from a Hong Kong based provider? How can I help save American jobs. Yup, I know soap box kinda stuff going on here.

Last edited by FLAPSDOWN; 08-19-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Sorry to ruin your fun but I ordered two lipos from H king 2 months ago and they just arrived, good and new and 50% off the US stores. Sometimes $$$$ talks
Old 08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
5150flyer

Money does talk...
Old 08-19-2014, 04:49 PM
FLAPSDOWN

Originally Posted by lopflyers
Sorry to ruin your fun but I ordered two lipos from H king 2 months ago and they just arrived, good and new and 50% off the US stores. Sometimes $$$$ talks
No worries, not ruining any of my fun. So sorry to hear you had to wait 2 months for a battery. Good thing you didn't need it soon. I like getting my order in days not months.

And 5150flyer, amen brother. Just wish you hadn't put it that way but the point is spot on. The pig in the pool may not be but......well......amen brother.

Last edited by FLAPSDOWN; 08-19-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 10-14-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.