Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up to you ultimately....I'd ask what warehouse they are located in but it doesn't matter. If they are not delivered by day 40, and you don't feel like opening a ticket, just file a PP complaint and let them deal with it.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:35 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

IF they (the retracts) ever get back in stock, they will come from their International site....
Old 09-23-2014, 10:45 AM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

No problem...order the retracts from Tower Hobby! What..they don't have a comparable product at the same price point? Just get the Robarts for about $400.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:07 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by GSAV8R
Went to Burger King today and ordered a burger and fries. After driving off I discovered three of my fries were burnt!!!! Never again. I am done with Burger King.
the burn't ones were for your one legged duck that paddles in a circle!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:13 PM
bzyguy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've purchased a fair amount of product from HK over the years without an issue but my most recent purchase was an issue...Went back and forth and was very frustrating. Great when things go smooth and save a fair amount of cash but when things get hung up.....Good luck! Worth the hassle?? probably depending on the purchase on a case by case scenario. Overall I'm probably still going to buy from them but from now on I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:38 PM
tonyos
My Feedback: (48)

The Only thing I would buy from HK is something that I would be willing to throw away !!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:49 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
I don't have a problem with people starting a thread and discussing bad customer service issues, it's rare that a company won't screw up now and then. There are threads out there about Tower and even the gold standard of RC, Horizon. Sometimes the threads give good information and people are able to get their issues resolved with the help of others. That's typically not the case with this vendor. Almost every thread goes the same way, without fail, regardless of what site.

As for why people by at HK, I don't think it's completely accurate to say it's only about low price. That's a factor for sure. But, they also have some pretty unique stuff as well. I'd put up links to some of the stuff, but of course we know what sort of names would start being thrown about as a result. I'm partial to the Durafly Vampire, have had 3 of them. Nobody else carried a plane that size, in a 4S set up. Even with delivery, I thought it was a bargain. If Tower, or Hobby (whatever their name is now), or even MotionRC carried a similar plane, I'd obviously take a look at them and see what made sense price wise. But if HK is the only one offering it, and I want it, that's who I will probably go to.

Some of their name brand stuff isn't that competitive (Hitec servos) on their own, I think they are probably forced to sell at a certain price. But if it's within a few bucks and someone is already ordering other stuff and it won't make a difference with shipping, they might just go ahead and order it.
HK do seem to have more bad reports than other companies, but no matter what the company or how good they are, there will always be someone that has had bad dealings with them.

If HK are the only ones with what you want, then there isn't much of a choice I suppose.

For what I do, I need reliability and accuracy, so I buy what I have too, to get that. Price is secondary to that. I stick to what I know is reliable and will do what I want it to do.

Each to their own I suppose.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:46 PM
porcia83
Banned

Agree, there does seem to be more complaints about HK, and vocal/angry ones at that. No doubt it's the steps one has to go through when something goes wrong. Sometimes that goes well, other times not so much. But, I've got to wonder if the number of complaints percentage wise is similar to other similiar outfits like Nitro Planes, Hobby Partz, and Banana. I have no stats, but based on previously documented order numbers, I'm guessing they sell more than all three of the others combined. It might stand to reason they would get more complaints.

I've left out the Towers, Horizons, Hobby's etc as I don't really see them in the same category. Other than selling RC stuff, I think the comparison stops there. Their products and pricing and CS structures are different all together.

Still comes down to choice, and I agree with you also that "to each their own".
Old 09-23-2014, 03:26 PM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
the burn't ones were for your one legged duck that paddles in a circle!
You sure stirred up a hornet's nest!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:23 PM
PLANE JIM

Originally Posted by GSAV8R
You sure stirred up a hornet's nest!
I know that's right-this is entertaining in reading all the replies once you throw a little tidbit out!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:25 PM
radfordc

You mean like "trolling"?
Old 09-24-2014, 03:04 AM
PLANE JIM

Originally Posted by radfordc
You mean like "trolling"?
I pictured more like feeding homeless dogs!!!!!- radfordc
Old 09-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Blair K.

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
I ordered from Hong Kong and after 7 weeks I e-mailed Customer support. 2 months later (now) I got an e-mail with a tracking # 3 1/2+months after order. I did receive my order at 8 wks. Normally it took 4 wks. but the last 3 took 7-8 wks. Hmmmmm relucktant to place a new order.
And I thought I was the only one!!!! 10 weeks and counting, hopefully my in stock products will be shipped soon hey ?????

The RC community need to protest with their feet.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:29 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 10-14-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:02 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Don't be so DAMN cheep
Support your local hobby shop.
U'll need them and they won't
Be there anymore.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:05 AM
bzyguy01

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Don't be so DAMN cheep
Support your local hobby shop.
U'll need them and they won't
Be there anymore.
+1 I really only buy things like Lipo's and small accessories that are too darn cheap on HK website to pass up. Otherwise I buy everything from my LHS. I even ask them to order me stuff from Horizon and etc.... just to support them. He still sells it to me for what I can buy direct and its a win win other than the fact that I have a 30 min drive to his shop... But I like him being there to support us
Old 09-24-2014, 12:01 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Hi,
Personally, I am not too cheap, more like fugal.
I have loved the local hobby shops since the early 60's.
Even with this modern web, I still like them.
Problem now is my most local of 3/4 hr is trains n plastic models. Although I do go in now and then for some basic supplies.
1 hour drive for Hobby Town. Ok
1 1/2 drive for an the older style mom n pop type yet small and limited.
2 hour drive for my favorite. Large, lots of candy in many flavors. There by the AMA site. Shut down now.

Jared
Old 09-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Blair K.

2 sides to that equation, my hobby stores only ever have 1 or or no items in stock, almost no small screws and such and what they have the prices are beyond ridiculous! $10 for 4 x M2 x10 screws, can by a box of 100 for $11 at a screw shop!

Fuel is no different, I special ordered in four stroke nitro in 5 litre bottles, $45 this month, same bottle $62 next month.........support your local store yeah right.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:54 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by Blair K.
2 sides to that equation, my hobby stores only ever have 1 or or no items in stock, almost no small screws and such and what they have the prices are beyond ridiculous! $10 for 4 x M2 x10 screws, can by a box of 100 for $11 at a screw shop!

Fuel is no different, I special ordered in four stroke nitro in 5 litre bottles, $45 this month, same bottle $62 next month.........support your local store yeah right.
It's a viscous circle ... The less we support our local hobby shops the more they have to charge or the less they can stock and still stay in business. I personally give them a chance to match or come close to the price before I mail order it. But a lot of the things I buy are USED right here on RCU. I have purchaced things from my local. (6 and 36 miles in WI or 12 miles in AZ.) Hobby shop/store that they had on consignment. For this they loose a sale of a new ARF or Kit and get a 15% commission. That won't keep them in business either. Again the stuff I've purchased on Hobby King turned out to be inferior JUNK broke right away and finally replaced but took a lot of correspondence and almost 4 weeks to accomplish for 3 items totaling less than $20.

Last edited by HoundDog; 09-24-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling damn spell checker is dummer then me
Old 09-24-2014, 02:56 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder what the numbers are for the people who see a HK advertisement and decide "I've always wanted to get into RC hobby and see the cheap prices and decide to give it a shot. Only to get screwed by HK. How many possible new hobbyists have gone this route and gotten the royal screw from HK, then just say, "well, to hell with RC hobby, I'm not getting ripped off again."

I take my old copies of Model Aviation magazine to the barber shop and leave them there for others to read. AND I always tear out the HK advertisements.

I also wonder why HK claims to have two warehouses in the US, when most of the products end up getting shipped from China?

Is it just a "come on" to get people to order from them?

I have to agree with Plane Jim, Hobby King sucks! And for the shills, we all know who they are.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
radfordc

I suspect far more beginners are mislead by the so called "wisdom" that is spouted on internet forums.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:04 PM
porcia83
Banned

Why does HK have two warehouses in the states? lol......supply and demand perhaps? Tower has two warehouses in the states as well. Oddly enough, Horizon has ones around the world too.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:33 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 10-14-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:45 PM
ghostofpf1

Does Tower have a user forum ?? Horizon?? I suspect you get so many hits because HK puts itself out there
.Also the reason Tower or Horizon can afford what appear to be generous return policies is that they are built in to the costs whereas HK not so much.

My last 2 orders from the HK USA west warehouse made it to me in 3 days....Tower gets to me at about the same pace if shpped from Nevada....I don't shop at Horizon as they're too high priced usually.
YMMV

ghost
Old 09-24-2014, 04:46 PM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Originally Posted by init4fun
Wow , I've not yet seen a better "I know you are but what am I ?" post ! Really ? Is that the best ya got ?

Let me clue ya into something here , cause it looks like you may be in need of a clue or two ;

See this smiley ; Yes , , this one right here ; ? Do ya ? Well , this is the S A R C A S M smiley . It's the one that BEGAN my post that seems to have hit a nerve . Yes genius , It was SUPPOSED to be SARCASM and was obviously RIGHT ON TARGET Now , are we to continue to encourage the childish "burnt fries" posts or are we here to discuss Jim's issue with HK ? When one guy has a problem with a retailer , and folks go trolling with burnt fries posts , you have a problem with that being called out for the trolling that it is ? Or is it OK to troll and taunt Jim cause his problem is with HK ?

Waiting for the return attack , rather than the admission that the burnt fries post IS textbook trolling , or do you honestly believe that post somehow added any intellectual content to this discussion ?
You are so smart that you can't recognize someone poking fun at a buddy. Were you the one cooking my fries?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.