Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:01 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
Does Tower have a user forum ?? Horizon?? I suspect you get so many hits because HK puts itself out there
.Also the reason Tower or Horizon can afford what appear to be generous return policies is that they are built in to the costs whereas HK not so much.

My last 2 orders from the HK USA west warehouse made it to me in 3 days....Tower gets to me at about the same pace if shpped from Nevada....I don't shop at Horizon as they're too high priced usually.
YMMV

ghost
Horizon can be pricey, but they have some pretty good deals every now and then. The last one was this:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ology-EFL10250

That is a steal for 200.00..and a $20.00 gift card to boot. I'm not totally into the plane, but I had to go for one. The electronics alone are worth it.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:02 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 10-14-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:06 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 10-14-2014 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:08 PM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

If one were to just go by what's posted on the net, they would believe that everyone who has ever done business with HK is dissatisfied. In my case I tried HK several years ago not knowing what to expect. I've continued to use them because each time they continue to provide what I consider good "value"...ie. the product is commensurate with the price and meets my needs.

Will I ever get "stung" by HK...maybe. But, if I do and you see me moaning and groaning about it on the internet just shoot me.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:50 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Old Chinese Proverb:
"U get what U pay for"
Old 09-24-2014, 10:23 PM
ghostofpf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by countilaw
I take my old copies of Model Aviation magazine to the barber shop and leave them there for others to read. AND I always tear out the HK advertisements.

I also wonder why HK claims to have two warehouses in the US, when most of the products end up getting shipped from China?

Is it just a "come on" to get people to order from them?
Winner for funniest quote of the thread.I wonder how the HK banner ads here on RCU affect you
As far as your other claim of bait and switch shipping I've probably ordered about 10 times from the USA West warehouse and each time it came from Washington State and
not from China as you claim so please share your 1st hand experience that leads you to make such a spurious claim.
thanks in advance
ghost
Old 09-24-2014, 11:15 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't need to give you my first and experiences, because if you would read other posts about this same situation, you would see numerous complaints about ordering from a US warehouse, only to receive their order from China.

As for the banner, it's the ads that keeps this site FREE. And besides MOST of us, on this site, are aware of Hobby King's deceptions and inferior products.

But it seems to really torque your panties for anyone to say anything derogatory about Hobby Krap. I hope I didn't use too many big words.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:16 AM
ibreido

I thought the whole idea of buying and advertised product was that you would then receive said product (battery and all)
You write" so you did not get the battery get over it" i don't think its the cost that's the problem more so the whole principle of it all.
If were all suppose to just get over it whats stopping HK from selling you a transmitter box without a transmitter inside the box!.
The fact is HK is here to stay for the time being at least and the old saying you get what you pay for is more often true than wrong.
Just my two cents.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:57 AM
jgracco

Plane Jim got a free Xmitter with the purchase of an 8 dollar battery. Got a free order of burnt fries from Micky Dees and a one footed duck to use with his free transmitter. Can't read too well to know that shipping LIPOs is totally illegal now and the darn battery was probably pulled in customs...

Originally Posted by radfordc
If one were to just go by what's posted on the net, they would believe that everyone who has ever done business with HK is dissatisfied. In my case I tried HK several years ago not knowing what to expect. I've continued to use them because each time they continue to provide what I consider good "value"...ie. the product is commensurate with the price and meets my needs.

Will I ever get "stung" by HK...maybe. But, if I do and you see me moaning and groaning about it on the internet just shoot me.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:18 AM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Originally Posted by jgracco
Plane Jim got a free Xmitter with the purchase of an 8 dollar battery. Got a free order of burnt fries from Micky Dees and a one footed duck to use with his free transmitter. Can't read too well to know that shipping LIPOs is totally illegal now and the darn battery was probably pulled in customs...
Good job! You wrapped it all up in a nutshell. Time to put this post to bed and move on.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:05 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Yep , just poking fun , Kinda like this little gem that followed your post ? Is this just poking fun too , cause it sure looks like trolling to me !

RCG dropped the ban hammer for the exact same reason, more than once I might add.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:11 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
Winner for funniest quote of the thread.I wonder how the HK banner ads here on RCU affect you
As far as your other claim of bait and switch shipping I've probably ordered about 10 times from the USA West warehouse and each time it came from Washington State and
not from China as you claim so please share your 1st hand experience that leads you to make such a spurious claim.
thanks in advance
ghost
+100.

There has never been a single proven instance of someone buying from the US, and the item arriving from China. Not. One. Where is the proof of this? Nowhere I've ever seen, including here. I know I've asked to see it, even said I would pay for someone's $100.00 battery order if they put up a screenshot of the order. In fact, that last time that happened the person noted the specific battery they bought, swore it was in US warehouse, but it came from china. Only, it was never available in the US warehouse. When that was pointed out, never heard back from the person. That's typical, although there are instances where people have calmed down long enough to realize they made the mistake. Their service can be spotty, the shipping times long, the website less than user friendly at times, but I've yet to see them send something from the wrong warehouse.

The same with the specious, childish rantings about shills. That's what the arguments are reduced to. Name calling. Never been proven of course. It's just easy to call a group of people that, rather than put up or shut up. "We know who they are"....please. If they are known, by all means, draw up a list and post it out there for all to see, and some actual evidence of that would be great too. It's curious too that those accused of being shills never question the motives of the name callers, ie: they might be shills for another company. Why don't they? Because they have no proof, and some class. For a company alleged to be sooo horrible to deal with, wouldn't you think just one of these alleged "shills" would have come out of the woodwork after all these years to confess to this horrible deed? Nah, it's funner to keep the conspiracy theories alive.......they are good reads.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:45 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gentlemen... the actual irony here is that you've been warned to stop bashing each other, stop referring to other user's alleged actions on other sites, and generally stop with the trolling.
yet it still persists.
lets please agree to disagree and move on to a different topic.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:09 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Fair dues, I was in the wrong when I read init's post. Still doesn't change how I feel about the troll and it's ironic that after he tried to throw the Mod under the bus when compalaining to Ken in a PM that he now has represenattion.

Taken from Porcia's reply to Kens PM asking us to stop bickering, which was really all caused by me pointing out the habitual trolling.

"Quote"
With all due respect Ken, this is not of my doing, this is the other members. I've reported the issue repeatedly, and it took 3 days for something to happen. It's frustrating as there was also a moderator in that thread who could see what was going on, but took no action.

Action taken recognized.

Wrist slapped and lesson leared.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:27 AM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 10-14-2014 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Mr.foambuilder
My Feedback: (1)

Well folks, I am one of the lucky ones@!!!! Spent a ton of money at HK over the last 5-6 years, and yes I have gotten some duds, but was warned in advance. OTOH, most of the stuff sold by our reputable suppliers in the U.S. was mfg in good ole China, So just suck it up, and if'n You can't afford the hobby , have a sale and quit. Roy AMA 8045/CD
Old 09-25-2014, 09:10 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.foambuilder
Well folks, I am one of the lucky ones@!!!! Spent a ton of money at HK over the last 5-6 years, and yes I have gotten some duds, but was warned in advance. OTOH, most of the stuff sold by our reputable suppliers in the U.S. was mfg in good ole China, So just suck it up, and if'n You can't afford the hobby , have a sale and quit. Roy AMA 8045/CD
Couldn't agree with you more! You will now be moved to the shill list since some folks here, including the OP, cannot accept any positive comments on HK service or products.

Dang!, I wish HK would get on the ball and QUIT shipping my orders in a timely manner from both China and Washington warehouses, and dang it, complete too!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:52 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

I am sure glad I have taken the high ground and don't have a dog in this fight!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:37 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Me and my arrow
Taking the high road
Wherever we go, everyone knows
It's me and my arrow

Old 09-25-2014, 03:04 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PERSONALY ! I have never ordered one thing from HK and dont need to . If it costs a little more here then iam happy to pay it. I dont trust HK and China either ! Yep some of the stuff i buy might be from China but at least with buying from a company here i can get ahold of a english speaking person and complain. I hear complaints about HK through these types of threads and i figured out a long time ago why take a chance of wrecking my day or letting them pee on my parade . Value hobby is in my state and i can pick up at their door with exact money for it only or they have shipped to me fast also . Headsuprc is a great place and nice stuff at a good price ,great delivery also with good comuication. I scratch build my own planes, foam and balsa so i dont need planes from anyone unlike some who like HKs ARFs till they get it 3 weeks late and then have to fix stuff All i can say is good luck to you flyers who buy from HK and i hope you dont end up like most i read about who have gotten taken by them. BTW Edge how can you say anyone is trolling when it comes to HK ,their advertizing is on every site and it screams look at me ,buy from me ! lol You lucky guys who got your order on time and complete from HK it wont be long before you dont but you would never come back here and admitt it . lol . joe

Last edited by joebahl; 09-25-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:58 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Originally Posted by joebahl
PERSONALY ! I have never ordered one thing from HK and dont need to . If it costs a little more here then iam happy to pay it. I dont trust HK and China either ! Yep some of the stuff i buy might be from China but at least with buying from a company here i can get ahold of a english speaking person and complain. I hear complaints about HK through these types of threads and i figured out a long time ago why take a chance of wrecking my day or letting them pee on my parade . Value hobby is in my state and i can pick up at their door with exact money for it only or they have shipped to me fast also . Headsuprc is a great place and nice stuff at a good price ,great delivery also with good comuication. I scratch build my own planes, foam and balsa so i dont need planes from anyone unlike some who like HKs ARFs till they get it 3 weeks late and then have to fix stuff All i can say is good luck to you flyers who buy from HK and i hope you dont end up like most i read about who have gotten taken by them. BTW Edge how can you say anyone is trolling when it comes to HK ,their advertizing is on every site and it screams look at me ,buy from me ! lol You lucky guys who got your order on time and complete from HK it wont be long before you dont but you would never come back here and admitt it . lol . joe
On this occasion I was wrong to post about trolling when I thought, in the wee hours of the morning, that I was reading about a particular troll with a famed reputation being pointed out.
I read the context of the message in error and so please excuse me.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:23 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its ok but alot of people chat about HK good and bad. I was raised a little different (farming ) than some and was taught if i think its not a good to buy from dont give them a chance to proove it. t. They call it no drama now i think but i dont like it and cut it off before it happens .To many other good placse to buy China junk anyways so lets all of us Americans think about that and be HAPPY .lol joe
Old 09-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Dick T.

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
I am sure glad I have taken the high ground and don't have a dog in this fight!
Sure wasn't high ground when starting this thread. Rewriting history seems to be the norm now days.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:55 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Hey Dick-You want to buy a HK Transmitter without a battery-I will make you a deal?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Dick T.

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Hey Dick-You want to buy a HK Transmitter without a battery-I will make you a deal?
Should be free Jim since you didn't pay anything for it. Heck, I'll pony up $5.00 towards shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.