Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:15 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Blair K.
Ive been to the states, you have no idea how lucky you guys have got it when it comes to value for money.

I couldn't believe how cheap things were, I saved over $400 on a digital SLR camera, I only have to look at horizon hobbies rc engines, an evo glow radial will be $400-$500 more expensive here in OZ.
Most things are cheaper in the US, but not all. My 2 YS DZ185cdi's were cheaper in Aus. by around $150 each and $300 cheaper than Europe.
Shipping costs from the US to Aus. is ridicuously expensive where as from Japan it's pretty good.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:55 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My latest Hobby King order with Swiss Post took just seven days and I should have it later today. And I was worried about the turmoil in Hong Kong slowing everything down. Swiss Post was the least expensive method of shipping. Just saying. This was my order #126. I think I get good service. A couple of bad products in four years+. I'll take that any time.

[TABLE="class: table table-bordered table-striped table-events"]
[TR]
[TH]Date[/TH]
[TH]Status[/TH]
[TH="class: col-md-4"]Location[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date-column"]2014-09-29 00:12:00[/TD]
[TD="class: box-recent-status"] Scanned at: [/TD]
[TD]TAMPA FL 33605[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date-column"]2014-09-26 18:58:00[/TD]
[TD="class: box-recent-status"] Scanned at: [/TD]
[TD]BROOKLYN NY 11256[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date-column"]2014-09-25 12:15:13[/TD]
[TD="class: box-recent-status"] Departed warehouse [/TD]
[TD]JAMAICA NY 11434[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date-column"]2014-09-25 12:13:42[/TD]
[TD="class: box-recent-status"] Received at warehouse [/TD]
[TD]JAMAICA NY 11434[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date-column"]2014-09-23 10:48:58[/TD]
[TD="class: box-recent-status"] Departed warehouse [/TD]
[TD]HONG KONG HNG 852[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date-column"]2014-09-22 18:43:00[/TD]
[TD="class: box-recent-status"] Received data [/TD]
[TD]FOTAN HNG 852[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date-column"]2014-09-22 18:43:00[/TD]
[TD="class: box-recent-status"] Order Information Received [/TD]
[TD]FOTAN HNG 852[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
© 2014 International Bridge, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive been to the states, you have no idea how lucky you guys have got it when it comes to value for money.

I couldn't believe how cheap things were, I saved over $400 on a digital SLR camera, I only have to look at horizon hobbies rc engines, an evo glow radial will be $400-$500 more expensive here in OZ.
Ha HA we know how lucky we are to be born and raised in the US .lmao joe
Old 09-29-2014, 07:28 AM
Rob2160

I visit the US several times a year and its a great country.

Most of the people I know there are friendly and hospitable and respond to compliments about their country with graciousness and courtesy.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:07 AM
ghostofpf1

Originally Posted by HoundDog
For those that don't like the TH HH HK bashing of Poor service and substandard products of this thread ten don't read it take it else ware. these are OPINIONS and You know what OPINIONS are like and every one has one.
I think I'll stick around if you don't mind...I mean if it's OK with you and all....My opinion ~150 successful orders for me w/o a hiccup and a wide selection makes HobbyKing a worthwhile and honest vendor that I can trust
I do only order my lipos from the USA warehouse as shipping them from overseas is a mess now and forevermore I fear

ghost
Old 09-29-2014, 11:11 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by Rob2160
I visit the US several times a year and its a great country.

Most of the people I know there are friendly and hospitable and respond to compliments about their country with graciousness and courtesy.
Thanks Rob we just had a builder/ flyer from the UK visit and he had a blast .BTW i have a plane that i want to build soon and the real one came from your country . I found plans for a 40 size nitro one but i will convert it to electrct . joe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-asgD0s5Ss

Last edited by joebahl; 09-29-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Blair K.

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
I think I'll stick around if you don't mind...I mean if it's OK with you and all....My opinion ~150 successful orders for me w/o a hiccup and a wide selection makes HobbyKing a worthwhile and honest vendor that I can trust
I do only order my lipos from the USA warehouse as shipping them from overseas is a mess now and forevermore I fear

ghost

Yep that used to be me, then 4.....yes 4 orders in a row now have gone bad, ive had my cart go empty after it calculated shipping with 50+ items in it too, which is just great when it happens to second order.

Hobby King messed up my last real bad, they lost the payment, that gobbled up 2 weeks, then 10 x M2 screws were now out of stock so they thought the best thing to do would be nothing for 2 more weeks, naturally I cancelled the screws once I contacted them, then my fuel line was out of stock so I cancelled it as well as the screws.

all good now right......10 weeks to the day since I paid them for IN STOCK items I finally got the stuff, 9 weeks of emailing and waiting when they could have posted that stuff later cause its small.

When this happens to you you'll shop elsewhere too!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by joebahl
Thanks Rob we just had a builder/ flyer from the UK visit and he had a blast .BTW i have a plane that i want to build soon and the real one came from your country . I found plans for a 40 size nitro one but i will convert it to electrct . joe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-asgD0s5Ss
I remember seeing the Airtruk at an airshow when I was a teenager, it gave an impressive display of low flying and tight turns. It would make a nice RC model Joe.

Please post some pictures or vids once you have it flying.

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-29-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:41 PM
jim billings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the hoops you have to jump through with Hobby King is order one item at a time. Your chances of a delayed shipment increase with every item you add to an order. The stated policy is that all items will be shipped only after any backordered items contained in the order are back in stock. True, the shipping costs add up as you submit individual orders so you need to use some extra brain cells to judge advantage/disadvantages. If item costs plus shipping are fairly close to Tower's (or somebody else's) cost plus shipping, then by all means eshew Hobby King.

Each item is described with a number representing how many of the items are in stock, so check the numbers. If they say 5 or 10 are in stock, they are probably out of stock by the time your order is received. Also, to get some idea of the quality, read the item's reviews and comments. For the most part, HK publishes good and bad item reviews. Search the item descriptions for item manufacturers. If none are found, expect a sub-standard copy. Use PayPal to pay for your order and cancel the order before the dispute cutoff date.

I do my homework and deep thinking before ordering and have had 42 successful, timely, cheeeeeep orders with 3 cancellations. I'm a satisfied customer.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:00 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Best post in this thread IMHO!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Blair K.

Originally Posted by jim billings
One of the hoops you have to jump through with Hobby King is order one item at a time. Your chances of a delayed shipment increase with every item you add to an order. The stated policy is that all items will be shipped only after any backordered items contained in the order are back in stock. True, the shipping costs add up as you submit individual orders so you need to use some extra brain cells to judge advantage/disadvantages. If item costs plus shipping are fairly close to Tower's (or somebody else's) cost plus shipping, then by all means eshew Hobby King.

Each item is described with a number representing how many of the items are in stock, so check the numbers. If they say 5 or 10 are in stock, they are probably out of stock by the time your order is received. Also, to get some idea of the quality, read the item's reviews and comments. For the most part, HK publishes good and bad item reviews. Search the item descriptions for item manufacturers. If none are found, expect a sub-standard copy. Use PayPal to pay for your order and cancel the order before the dispute cutoff date.

I do my homework and deep thinking before ordering and have had 42 successful, timely, cheeeeeep orders with 3 cancellations. I'm a satisfied customer.
My last order was for 50 different lines with multiple components in several lines, doing separate orders x 50.....I think not.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:07 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

My last order was for 50 different lines with multiple components in several lines, doing separate orders x 50.....I think not.
Blair 50, really one order for 50 different items. What to buy a bridge? Might have believed 49 but 50?
Old 09-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=
[/QUOTE]

You nailed one of the primary reasons some have difficulty with their orders, not looking at the in-stock status. HK clearly states orders containing out-of-stock items will be held until inventory is replenished, pretty simple if one pays attention. If inventory is less than 10 items in stock ordering is risky as that easily falls within computer inventory error margin although I have done so with delivered results. Most computerized inventory ordering systems will reserve the product for you once the order is placed and confirmed. I presume HK uses same or similar systems.

As I have stated before in this thread I have not had a problem with my orders to HK, even before USA warehouses were here.

You also said, "I do my homework and deep thinking before ordering..." obviously something in very short supply with the anti-HK crowd.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:52 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by Dick T.
You nailed one of the primary reasons some have difficulty with their orders, not looking at the in-stock status. HK clearly states orders containing out-of-stock items will be held until inventory is replenished, pretty simple if one pays attention. If inventory is less than 10 items in stock ordering is risky as that easily falls within computer inventory error margin although I have done so with delivered results. Most computerized inventory ordering systems will reserve the product for you once the order is placed and confirmed. I presume HK uses same or similar systems.

As I have stated before in this thread I have not had a problem with my orders to HK, even before USA warehouses were here.

You also said, "I do my homework and deep thinking before ordering..." obviously something in very short supply with the anti-HK crowd.
Whatt is there any deep thinking about ? buying junk parts and junk planes from China ? lmao I buy and fix old scooters ,honda ,vespa , cushman . I wont buy a China made one ,bad motors not parts and very poor desighn,so far China has the market on garbage and dont look like they are going to change that anytime soon. joe

Last edited by joebahl; 09-30-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:00 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

My experience with HK has always been excellent. I haven't experienced the computer glitch on 'in stock' items you describe. As an example, I bought two 'Skipper' planes a short while ago. It said, TWO were in stock. As soon as I placed the order and PAID, they were marked "reserved", and I got them about 10 days later from Kong.

If I walk around a grocery store, put some things in my carriage, and then change my mind and walk out of the store without going through the register and paying for the items, a clerk comes and puts the stuff back on the shelf. Same with HK. If you put your selected products in your cart, and then PAY, they are yours. If you don't pay, the clerk puts them back on the shelf and sells them to somebody else. Seems fair to me. And they warn you multiple times not to backorder stuff because it holds up your order. Also seems fair.

Bottom line, if you don't like them, don't order from them. Seems easy enough. I really like them and will continue to order from them. With the protests in Hong Kong right now, it seems prudent to order from the USA warehouses which is the plan for me.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Whatt is there any deep thinking about ? buying junk parts and junk planes from China ? lmao I buy and fix old scooters ,honda ,vespa , cushman . I wont buy a China made one ,bad motors not parts and very poor desighn,so far China has the market on garbage and dont look like they are going to change that anytime soon. joe
Either youth or a lack of historical knowledge parrots these comments that applied to the growing Japanese industry 30-40 plus years ago. Many Japanese, Korean and European companies that produced junk now manufacture in China so options to avoid Chinese handiwork are mighty slim.

Many of HK's products are available under different names via US hobby distributors. True some Chinese products are marginal but top quality RC stuff is there. A little online research will point out where some hobby parts you own come from.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Blair K.

Blair 50, really one order for 50 different items. What to buy a bridge? Might have believed 49 but 50?

Some of us don't buy foamies, we build, and building takes supplies.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-23-05-17.png
Views:	193
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	2036333   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140418161138_IMG_1763.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	532.8 KB
ID:	2036334  
Old 09-30-2014, 12:20 PM
joebahl

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Either youth or a lack of historical knowledge parrots these comments that applied to the growing Japanese industry 30-40 plus years ago. Many Japanese, Korean and European companies that produced junk now manufacture in China so options to avoid Chinese handiwork are mighty slim.

Many of HK's products are available under different names via US hobby distributors. True some Chinese products are marginal but top quality RC stuff is there. A little online research will point out where some hobby parts you own come from.
Yep its not youth and yes i know the poor stuff the Japenese put out after the war .I was stationed in Japan for a couple years. Its the junk that China and other countrys put out Now thats the problem. They advertise alot and lure in people who dont know any better or people who are so darn cheap they will buy cheap junk cause its cheap. I give up on trying to explaining cheap junk to guys who enjoy it and could care less . Good luck with your HK buys ! joe
Old 09-30-2014, 12:36 PM
HoundDog

My very first purchase from HK was for $230 worth of stuff. Half th stuff showed up in the package and no invoice included.
The Battery charger had been left out of the package and I had to jump thru all of HK's hoops of pictures of package weights ect. about 3 weeks into all this correspondence and several phone calls to the Washington center received my charger after contacting a high level supervisor. Then if U look back at my posts about all the trouble Ihad with some Retracts and gear door actuators that butned out with out actually being used on an aircraft just used to see if they worked. Again I had nothing but trouble getting replacements.
If U feel HK has been good for U great I've been screwed almost every time I've delt with them ... OH buy a Turnegy T-1000 Auto pilot that's a wonderful example of CHINESE JUNK. Here is the T-1000 first and only flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFnNp9cuw0
Old 09-30-2014, 12:42 PM
joebahl

My very first purchase from HK was for $230 worth of stuff. Half th stuff showed up in the package and no invoice included.
The Battery charger had been left out of the package and I had to jump thru all of HK's hoops of pictures of package weights ect. about 3 weeks into all this correspondence and several phone calls to the Washington center received my charger after contacting a high level supervisor. Then if U look back at my posts about all the trouble Ihad with some Retracts and gear door actuators that butned out with out actually being used on an aircraft just used to see if they worked. Again I had nothing but trouble getting replacements.
If U feel HK has been good for U great I've been screwed almost every time I've delt with them ... OH buy a Turnegy T-1000 Auto pilot that's a wonderful example of CHINESE JUNK. Here is the T-1000 first and only flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFnNp9cuw0
Nice ! I have seen plenty of cheap landing gear give out landings but thats the first time i have seen a cheap set bend back on a take off. joe
Old 09-30-2014, 12:51 PM
HoundDog

Nice ! I have seen plenty of cheap landing gear give out landings but thats the first time i have seen a cheap set bend back on a take off. joe
JOE it not the gear on the twin star.It is home manufactured and works great it what the Turnagy T-1000 auto pilot caused the plane to loop to a crash when it was to be in the all off mode.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:20 PM
joebahl

JOE it not the gear on the twin star.It is home manufactured and works great it what the Turnagy T-1000 auto pilot caused the plane to loop to a crash when it was to be in the all off mode.
Ahhhh I thought i seen the left landing gear give out also with the grass slowing it down in the video. Yea the T-1000 did not work well on that flight. joe
Old 09-30-2014, 03:02 PM
jim billings

"..... the Turnagy T-1000 auto pilot caused the plane to loop to a crash when it was to be in the all off mode." Does that mean the auto pilot was turned off? If that is true, then what made the plane crash? Otherwise, I would be pretty angry about the T-1000, too.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:09 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by jim billings
"..... the Turnagy T-1000 auto pilot caused the plane to loop to a crash when it was to be in the all off mode." Does that mean the auto pilot was turned off? If that is true, then what made the plane crash? Otherwise, I would be pretty angry about the T-1000, too.
# reasons 1.) the thing doesn't work 2. the instructions are in Chinlish ... did U know that all flight surfaces are rudders. the T-1000 is just some HK Turnegy JUNK. NUFF SAID.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvVcZM6tVaU
Old 09-30-2014, 05:29 PM
jim billings

That video was pretty impressive. Apparently, they weren't using junk and had the device properly adjusted. I think I'll do a bit of research and maybe order a couple. If I do, it will be MY decision. If one or both are bad I'll forego starting a thread to denounce HK and all Chinese products as junk. (I'll ask HK for replacements.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.