Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 05:46 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jim billings
That video was pretty impressive. Apparently, they weren't using junk and had the device properly adjusted. I think I'll do a bit of research and maybe order a couple. If I do, it will be MY decision. If one or both are bad I'll forego starting a thread to denounce HK and all Chinese products as junk. (I'll ask HK for replacements.)
The name of this thread is HK warning ,i guess you dont understand the warning part. lmao. joe
Old 09-30-2014, 06:33 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That video was pretty impressive. Apparently, they weren't using junk and had the device properly adjusted. I think I'll do a bit of research and maybe order a couple. If I do, it will be MY decision. If one or both are bad I'll forego starting a thread to denounce HK and all Chinese products as junk. (I'll ask HK for replacements.)

I'll sell U a slightly (only one crash) used ...CHEEP.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:11 AM
jim billings

That warning is like telling me to stay inside because a meteor may hit me and cause a terrible injury. I ignore that warning, too. Maybe you should give up flying model aircraft because something comprising the model was made in China? That's what this thread is all about - if it's made in China, it's junk. The anger and frustration of a few are telling me Hobby King is the focus of all bad products and I shouldn't deal with them. On the other hand, the satisfaction of many tells me I'm fine. If the T-1000 devices (I ordered 2 last night) are bad, you'll have a well deserved laugh. I'm betting I'll be the one laughing. And I don't buy used devices; there's no telling what they have been through. Like a stomp by an angry boot.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:30 AM
joebahl

That warning is like telling me to stay inside because a meteor may hit me and cause a terrible injury. I ignore that warning, too. Maybe you should give up flying model aircraft because something comprising the model was made in China? That's what this thread is all about - if it's made in China, it's junk. The anger and frustration of a few are telling me Hobby King is the focus of all bad products and I shouldn't deal with them. On the other hand, the satisfaction of many tells me I'm fine. If the T-1000 devices (I ordered 2 last night) are bad, you'll have a well deserved laugh. I'm betting I'll be the one laughing. And I don't buy used devices; there's no telling what they have been through. Like a stomp by an angry boot.
Ok we dont care if you like to waist your money ,feel free ! Others who like their hard earned money might not want to. I would not order from HK if they gave me there low standered junk. . Good luck with your HK buys ! joe
Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 AM
HoundDog

Let me know how it turns out for U ... I wish U luck, really. I buy Used stuff mostly planes from swap meats and RCU where I pick them up after inspection. That is unless I have delt with a seller before. It's just that I have had only BAD experiences with Hobby King on every purchase I've made with them ... Including the very first where they shorted me half the order an expensive charger then made me jump thru all kinds of hoops to get shat I had paid for and they did not ship. Again Good Luck U may need it, but I scenically hope not.
Infact I might be traveling thru Fort Worth around the 15th of OCT. want to see how many Museums (AIR PLANE) I can hit on my way to Apache Junction for the winter. U have any thing for sale here on RCU that might Interest me?

Last edited by HoundDog; 10-01-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: added note
Old 10-01-2014, 08:51 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Let me know how it turns out for U ... I wish U luck, really. I buy Used stuff mostly planes from swap meats and RCU where I pick them up after inspection. That is unless I have delt with a seller before. It's just that I have had only BAD experiences with Hobby King on every purchase I've made with them ... Including the very first where they shorted me half the order an expensive charger then made me jump thru all kinds of hoops to get shat I had paid for and they did not ship. Again Good Luck U may need it, but I scenically hope not.
Infact I might be traveling thru Fort Worth around the 15th of OCT. want to see how many Museums (AIR PLANE) I can hit on my way to Apache Junction for the winter. U have any thing for sale here on RCU that might Interest me?
If its got HK hardware why bother . joe
Old 10-01-2014, 09:04 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by joebahl
If its got HK hardware why bother . joe
Joe:
I'm just giving him the benifit of the dought and like I said I inspect things when buying from some one I don't know.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 AM
jim billings

Nothing for sale. I don't buy used and I don't sell used - too much left to chance (kinda like Hobby King, hey?) And I appreciate and respect your attitude and opinion toward any entity that causes frustration and mistrust. I'm in this hobby for fun and my disposable income allows some degree of disappointment when dealing with problems of quality in any merchandise. I don't consider a loss as wasting my money. I consider it a lesson learned and will order that item from a different source (re: the Dean's plugs.) I sincerely accept your offers of good luck. Here's hoping you enjoy building and flying as long as life will let you. I'm 75 and still flying.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hobby king is just no good weather you like it or not
Old 10-01-2014, 09:38 AM
ghostofpf1

Yeah they're so bad I ordered an efx racer ,lipos and receivers last night ........and according to my accts page it's already being packed for shipping.

ghost
Old 10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
HoundDog

Hobby King is the Earl Shibe of R/C Hobby stuff. U get what U pay for when U know what u are buying Period. When U deal with HK U takes what ya gets some times U win some times ya loose.
Ya just hope ya at least breaks even over the long run.

Last edited by HoundDog; 10-01-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:50 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Joe:
I'm just giving him the benifit of the dought and like I said I inspect things when buying from some one I don't know.
Thats the reason i build all of my own and have for 30 years.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:39 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
Yeah they're so bad I ordered an efx racer ,lipos and receivers last night ........and according to my accts page it's already being packed for shipping.

ghost
Now that's some funny stuff right there !
Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Now that's some funny stuff right there !
Be even funnyer when he gets half his order next year !
Old 10-01-2014, 02:49 PM
ghostofpf1

Be even funnyer when he gets half his order next year !
I ain't skeered,,,,,,I just got this email [h=3]Your parcel has been sent from the HobbyKing.com warehouse![/h]

ghost
Old 10-01-2014, 03:13 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Sure you did !
Old 10-01-2014, 03:52 PM
HoundDog

Thats the reason i build all of my own and have for 30 years.
Joe:
I really envy guys like U but Some of us don't have your skills nor the inclination to build Not even an ARF. Spent 30 years as a tool & die maker so if I could machine it on a bridge port and bolt it together I'd build Maybe.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:57 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

But HoundDog, I bet "we" could use your skills to help in our builds......see, we all work together for a common good! By the way, the weather has broken and the temps are coming down....in Arizona anyway....welcome!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:13 PM
HoundDog

11 to 15 days till I leave for Apachee junction. Still gona try and take the long way and visit a few full scale museums on the way. Lone star in Galveston if TarHeel Hal is there that week I need a lot of close ups to detail my Top Flight GS version. If I ever get "Round to It"
Old 10-01-2014, 05:07 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a Platinum Member with Hobby King, I love buying from them. I never contact customer support if an item is defective, I either fix it or forget it. The savings is just to great, it offsets the few problems I've had with some of the items. I just finished the Hobby King Giant 89" Spitfire, everything in it is Hobby King and it has 13 flights on it so far, I really like the plane a lot and would buy another. Hobby King is not for everyone, if money is tight and every dollar has to count and you like to complain a lot, I would spend more money somewhere else for the same stuff. I would say you are in the wrong hobby though, planes crash all the time, how do you deal with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1NBfzJ7EwQ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HobbyKingSpit010.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	2036615   Click image for larger version

Name:	HobbyKingSpit012.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2036616   Click image for larger version

Name:	HobbyKingSpit014.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	2036617   Click image for larger version

Name:	HobbyKingSpit015.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	2036618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stable004.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2036619  
Old 10-01-2014, 05:21 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
I'm a Platinum Member with Hobby King, I love buying from them. I never contact customer support if an item is defective, I either fix it or forget it. The savings is just to great, it offsets the few problems I've had with some of the items. I just finished the Hobby King Giant 89" Spitfire, everything in it is Hobby King and it has 13 flights on it so far, I really like the plane a lot and would buy another. Hobby King is not for everyone, if money is tight and every dollar has to count and you like to complain a lot, I would spend more money somewhere else for the same stuff. I would say you are in the wrong hobby though, planes crash all the time, how do you deal with that?

ysusbacchus: Ever notice how Misery likes company. as for the wrong hobby check my saying at the bottom of all my posts. good luck with your crashes.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:31 PM
HoundDog

Interesting Vid ... Suggestion from a long time videographer. Place the camera closer to the Center line and face it both ways and do things twice once toward and the other over and past the camera and cut it like U did to remove all the uninteresting stuff. Neat vid though.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:19 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Thanks for the advice on video. I was basically interested in showing people how to use throttle to control altitude on landing and how elevator controls airspeed, but like I said I appreciate the tips.

I have not crashed in 4 years, preparation and preventative maintenance is key. Last crash was a brown out with a brand new Spectrum radio in a F-100, I fly Futaba now. I want my Turbines to last a long time, so I must admit that only the very best equipment is used in those!

Now back to the regularly scheduled program, crying about $20.00!

Luke
Old 10-01-2014, 07:25 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Thanks for the advice on video. I was basically interested in showing people how to use throttle to control altitude on landing and how elevator controls airspeed, but like I said I appreciate the tips.

I have not crashed in 4 years, preparation and preventative maintenance is key. Last crash was a brown out with a brand new Spectrum radio in a F-100, I fly Futaba now. I want my Turbines to last a long time, so I must admit that only the very best equipment is used in those!

Now back to the regularly scheduled program, crying about $20.00!

Luke
]

Not a crash in four years? That seems unbelievable!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:32 PM
countilaw

This is an oxymoron: I buy from Hobby King and I haven't crashed in 4 years.

Oxymoron definition, a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make ...

So, you buy from Hobby King, yet you don't buy their cheap transmitter........ you use Futaba !!!!

Now that a TRUE Hobby King loyalist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.