Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:00 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another post from another unsatisfied customer-Hobbyking still Sucks around the world!!!

Hobby King's total lack of professional service
Hey RC people's,

Am I the only one getting the poorest online service from Hobbyking??????

For months and months now I've made CS aware that when I go to checkout the items in my cart disappear.

Naturally after spending all night selecting $200 + worth of screws and nick nacks its a real pleasure to have customer service tell you to start over.

Of course when this has happened 4 times in a row I've had enough but wait ......there's more !!!

So in mid July I placed an order for $231 worth of carbies, screws, wire , heat shrink, wheels , servos, obviously im a builder not a foamy bind n flyer.

Anyway 2 weeks later I check and my package hasn't been sent, turns out that hobbyking had an error at their end and 10 x 2mm screws couldn't be found so rather than send the package and send the screws later in an envelope like any normal business interested in keeping customers would do they chose to do nothing, absolutely nothing for 14 days.

When I enquired as why my status hadn't changed they acknowledged I had to decide what I wanted them to do about the screws.

Naturally I took many days to come up with a plan.....cancel the $1.60 worth of screws and send the package that I was desperate for !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again I waited another 14 days and no package came, getting a little frustrated at this point I enquired where is my package???

Naturally it went to the packing area and in the time it took HK to send it to packing area the fuel line went out of stock so naturally they did nothing again.

Ok enough is enough, cancel the fuel line, cancel the screws and send it express post or refund my $231 if you wanted to keep my business was my message to them.

So that we are clear, Hobby King accepted my money around the 14-15 of July......today is 24th of September a full 2 months and 2 weeks later and my status still only says "received".

To make it worse their customer service offered me a $3 credit for 9 weeks of emailing these guys......WOW that's not offensive at all now is it.

So we are clear I have No shipping details, no package, no refund, and no parts to complete my $3400 plane sitting on my bench.

Congratulations Hobby King you lost a customer.

SDS Hobby can have my 5-10K per year, not once has a package been late or hard to deal with in any way.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:37 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't expect anyone to believe me on the internet, my fellow club members know me, so I don't really care what anyone else thinks. I modify what I get if needed to make it airworthy or I don't fly it. I never said I was a Hobby King loyalist, I use Hobby King selectively to save money on some projects.

That Top Flite P-51 you see in the picture is 17 years old, I built that from a kit, it's on it's second engine
This is my FlyFly foam F-100 built 2 years ago, many Hobby King parts. Royal Corsair 1/8 scale that I finished in 2004. Fly Fly Mig-15, full gear doors and everything Hobby king and some P-51's I built from scratch, I also used Hobby King receivers and retracts on those. I still have all of these planes and others I built.

Anyway, I'm outta this thread, to much negativity and I've said what I want to say.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	2036709   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	654.7 KB
ID:	2036710   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121209_094429_10.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	735.4 KB
ID:	2036711   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	605
Size:	840.1 KB
ID:	2036712   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	801
Size:	463.0 KB
ID:	2036713  
Old 10-02-2014, 06:07 AM
stevoramma
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local hobby shop Strictly R/C (just west of Chicago) takes customer orders for lipo batteries and then orders them from Hobby King, tagging on profit. I have gone the whole flying season waiting for the batteries to arrive. I no longer do business with Strictly R/C
Old 10-02-2014, 06:19 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by stevoramma
My local hobby shop Strictly R/C (just west of Chicago) takes customer orders for lipo batteries and then orders them from Hobby King, tagging on profit. I have gone the whole flying season waiting for the batteries to arrive. I no longer do business with Strictly R/C
You are 10 miles away from Value Hobby ! Why don't you give them your business ?
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-systems/batteries.html
Old 10-02-2014, 08:22 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"I have not crashed in 4 years,"

Heck, I'm working on 4 WEEKS!!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:53 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by tailskid
"I have not crashed in 4 years,"

Heck, I'm working on 4 WEEKS!!!!
try about 4 days cart wheeled my cub on take off. Wasn't my fault oh maybe twas.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:13 AM
FLAPSDOWN

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
I don't expect anyone to believe me on the internet, my fellow club members know me, so I don't really care what anyone else thinks. I modify what I get if needed to make it airworthy or I don't fly it. I never said I was a Hobby King loyalist, I use Hobby King selectively to save money on some projects.

That Top Flite P-51 you see in the picture is 17 years old, I built that from a kit, it's on it's second engine
This is my FlyFly foam F-100 built 2 years ago, many Hobby King parts. Royal Corsair 1/8 scale that I finished in 2004. Fly Fly Mig-15, full gear doors and everything Hobby king and some P-51's I built from scratch, I also used Hobby King receivers and retracts on those. I still have all of these planes and others I built.

Anyway, I'm outta this thread, to much negativity and I've said what I want to say.
Oh brother! Jet guy gonna throw his toys outta his crib and take his ball home? Really? You need to recognize the negativity you started. Here's a few quotes...

"Hobby King is not for everyone, if money is tight and every dollar has to count and you like to complain a lot, I would spend more money somewhere else for the same stuff. I would say you are in the wrong hobby though, planes crash all the time, how do you deal with that?"
"Now back to the regularly scheduled program, crying about $20.00!"

I have no desire to purchase from Hobby King. I don't need to experience first hand the issues documented in many, many threads on each and every forum. I purchase from Tower, Horizon or direct like BVM, yep, I have a jet too, oooh, everyone's impressed. I have never had an issue, never! I'd rather support American based providers that help provide jobs in America.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 AM
jim billings

I haven't checked all the threads but the ones I have seen contain a lot of Hobby King support as well as HK bashing. The big difference is problems with orders (usually petty issues that could have been avoided with a little research) trigger an angry response that just HAS to be published. "What? Screwdriver handle is the wrong color? Start a thread and swear to NEVER order from Hobby King, again!!" When an order is received with no problems there is a feeling of satisfaction that doesn't require starting a thread to inform everybody. The same holds true when a problem is successfully resolved - no threads. Also, I doubt that the people who work at the three U.S. Hobby King locations are Chinese citizens. Buying from those stores IS supporting American jobs.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:56 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by jim billings
I haven't checked all the threads but the ones I have seen contain a lot of Hobby King support as well as HK bashing. The big difference is problems with orders (usually petty issues that could have been avoided with a little research) trigger an angry response that just HAS to be published. "What? Screwdriver handle is the wrong color? Start a thread and swear to NEVER order from Hobby King, again!!" When an order is received with no problems there is a feeling of satisfaction that doesn't require starting a thread to inform everybody. The same holds true when a problem is successfully resolved - no threads. Also, I doubt that the people who work at the three U.S. Hobby King locations are Chinese citizens. Buying from those stores IS supporting American jobs.
Come on U certainly ain't reading the same thread as most of us. I for one don't consider half of a $230 order missing and they don't care even when U jump thru all their hoops or when 3 out of 6 retracts and door rams fail with out even used under load just set up on the table. They don't even include any thing saying what voltage these things use and U can't get answers either.Then there is the T-1000 with out readable instructions and wrong labeled pots. ect ...
But it's all a mater of not, if U get stiffed by HK, but when
Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM
FLAPSDOWN

Sorry Jim. I'm not aware of the 3 Hobby King locations in the US. Can you share the details? I've read more about skeletal warehouse addresses with primary distribution from Asia. However, I shouldn't believe everything I read so correct me please.

Bill
Old 10-02-2014, 11:55 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

All the information is here:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/index.asp

Warehouses in two states, (washington and Arkansas) and a marketing/development/CSR office in NY.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:13 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by stevoramma
This outfit too....

http://www.chinahobbyline.com/

They are close in price to Valuehobby, sometimes more, sometimes less. Both places are great to do business with.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:54 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Joe:
I really envy guys like U but Some of us don't have your skills nor the inclination to build Not even an ARF. Spent 30 years as a tool & die maker so if I could machine it on a bridge port and bolt it together I'd build Maybe.
Old retired master carpenter ,living the dream retired and goofing off as much as i can but flying and building is my hobbyfor 35 years now. You should try to build some its not as hard as most think. joe
Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by joebahl
Old retired master carpenter ,living the dream retired and goofing off as much as i can but flying and building is my hobbyfor 35 years now. You should try to build some its not as hard as most think. joe

Glue (CA) is not my friend no mater how it likes me. When the top comes the bottle it jumps right out and glues my fingers together and laughs at me, Literately. It even sometimes glues me to the job.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:30 PM
jim billings

Re: The three U.S. locations of Hobby King: The third warehouse is located near Roswell, New Mexico. They have a hush-hush relationship with the other two warehouses so they keep a low profile. I was unaware of the New York location. Give an old guy a break!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:47 PM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Originally Posted by joebahl
I am with you, Joe. Retired master plumber and loving it. Been building almost 50 years. I am currently building a 1938 Guff, the one that claims to be first r/c model. It has a wingspan of 8 feet. I have a 1/3 scale Aeronca C-3 with fuselage about half framed up and just bought all me wood for a 1/3 scale Piper Vagabond. I prefer WW1, Golden Age, and antique models. Nothing like the satisfaction of turning a stack of balsa into a flying model airplane. Like you said, it's not as hard as most folks think.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:45 PM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

On 21 Sep 14, I submitted an order to the HK international warehouse. I chose "Swiss Post Direct Channel" as the shipping option. The shipping fee was $5.46 and the package arrived today.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:59 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by jim billings
Re: The three U.S. locations of Hobby King: The third warehouse is located near Roswell, New Mexico. They have a hush-hush relationship with the other two warehouses so they keep a low profile. I was unaware of the New York location. Give an old guy a break!
No breaks needed...just more info.

Here was the latest thing I had seen on their warehouse locations:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/newsPage.asp

Where did you hear about this other warehouse in New Mexico? That would seem like an odd location for a warehouse, and even more odd that they would keep a "hush hush" relationship with their other warehouses. The other two are located either in port areas and easily accessible by port or rail, and the East location is by a Fed Ex hub. Was there some announcement on this New Mexico location?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:17 PM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by porcia83

Where did you hear about this other warehouse in New Mexico? That would seem like an odd location for a warehouse, and even more odd that they would keep a "hush hush" relationship with their other warehouses. The other two are located either in port areas and easily accessible by port or rail, and the East location is by a Fed Ex hub. Was there some announcement on this New Mexico location?
HA! That one flew right over your head !
Old 10-02-2014, 06:24 PM
warningshot

Originally Posted by porcia83
No breaks needed...just more info.

Here was the latest thing I had seen on their warehouse locations:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/newsPage.asp

I take it you have never heard of Roswell New Mexico. How old are you?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:07 PM
porcia83
Banned

Please. I get the Roswell reference....but seriously, has weirder stuff NOT been said about this company in the past? I'm sure some still think the WA warehouse is a Mail Box Plus location.

Wouldn't shock me to see another one open in Roswell, any more than seeing one open in Arkansas.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:10 AM
ghostofpf1

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Sure you did !
It's not nice to call people liars
According to UPS tracking my stuff will be here on Monday

ghost
Old 10-03-2014, 03:36 AM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
It's not nice to call people liars
According to UPS tracking my stuff will be here on Monday

ghost
No one called you " a liar".
Your story of placing a HK order and having it packed and shipped out in less than 24hrs is highly unlikely, that's all.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Ghost, I'm with you .... My latest Hobby King order with Swiss Post ..... ordered on the 22nd, shipped on the 23rd....

[TABLE="class: cms_table_table cms_table_table-bordered cms_table_table-striped cms_table_table-events"]
[TR]
[TH]Date[/TH]
[TH]Status[/TH]
[TH="class: cms_table_col-md-4"]Location[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_date-column"]2014-09-29 00:12:00[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_box-recent-status"] Scanned at:[/TD]
[TD]TAMPA FL 33605[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_date-column"]2014-09-26 18:58:00[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_box-recent-status"] Scanned at:[/TD]
[TD]BROOKLYN NY 11256[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_date-column"]2014-09-25 12:15:13[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_box-recent-status"] Departed warehouse[/TD]
[TD]JAMAICA NY 11434[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_date-column"]2014-09-25 12:13:42[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_box-recent-status"] Received at warehouse[/TD]
[TD]JAMAICA NY 11434[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_date-column"]2014-09-23 10:48:58[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_box-recent-status"] Departed warehouse[/TD]
[TD]HONG KONG HNG 852[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_date-column"]2014-09-22 18:43:00[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_box-recent-status"] Received data [/TD]
[TD]FOTAN HNG 852[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_date-column"]2014-09-22 18:43:00[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_box-recent-status"] Order Information Received[/TD]
[TD]FOTAN HNG 852[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 10-03-2014, 06:01 AM
HoundDog

Two kinds of people shop for the cheapest price available on any given product. Those that have been screwed and those that will be screwed. Unfourtinally in all my dealings I have been Screwed 4 out of 4 times with missing items, products that break right away while testing, & a lot of rigamarole to get a replacement for burned out Electric gear, That the rest un burned out are useless with out replacements. Then there is the lack of information on the proper usage of the product. i.e. things like what voltage something can use ect. I don't need all the drama with HK. If U are happy and like HK by all means keep using them but their is an old saying. Screw me ounce, Shame on U. Burn me twice Shame on me. For me dealing with HK 4 different times just isn't worth the hassle and stress I've had to go thru not ounce but 4 times and not just for a$20 item I can wright off like some here. But a half of a $230 order missing and they won't send it even after jumping thru all the hoops.
Again if U are happy with HK all the more power to U.. My advice is buy HK stock and maybe take up their offer of employment in China ... Just think of the discount U'd get as an Employee.

Good luck to all and to all a good BUY, BY, BYE.

Last edited by HoundDog; 10-03-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: grammer/spell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.