Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drac1
1. Because they are. I have said it twice and it was the same poster. surely you don't think the 2 comments are sensible?
NO

2. Where there's smoke there's fire - If there a numerous complaints about HK selling junk, then there it is highly likely that the complaints are valid.
Proof is in the pudding - If people have had excellent success with a particular brand and people have had lots of trouble with another, then it is reasonable proof that the successful brand is better quality.
If you knew the meaning of the phrases, it would be self explanatory.
I do know, and No.

3. Exactly, so why do people continue to start threads complaining about HK when they know better?

I dunno!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:42 PM
JUSTMECAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hobby King is junk. Ordered a 200 amp esc on Friday night. Called to cancel the order, on Saturday, after researching the product. They refused. Shipped anyways. Received it not working 5 days later than the express mail paid for. Was told to make a video of a non working esc that had no moving parts or indicators as to operation.My RMA was denied the day after I received the item because I "failed to meet the 45 day limit to reply". Then after shipping the items: ESC, Program Box, USB Adapter,; was offered a 50% refund if I closed my PayPal dispute. 37 days after initial purchase I was refunded item prices minus a $20 resealing fee for products received in an un sealed box and 2 in ziploc bags. Not to mention the $47 in shipping I lost. DO NOT BUY FROM HOBBY KING or TECKTRONICS!!! Liars , cheats and thieves. I have had nothing but problems with their inferior products. I learned the hard way. And if you are giving them lip service...It is out of shame in an attempt to justify your lack of commitment to quality or an overpriced dream that you lack the patience to properly obtain. Do it right the first time...Enjoy your success for a long time. Multiple repairs and parts cost more than the right part the first time. Keep it parallel to the horizon.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTMECAT
Hobby King is junk. Ordered a 200 amp esc on Friday night. Called to cancel the order, on Saturday, after researching the product. They refused. Shipped anyways. Received it not working 5 days later than the express mail paid for. Was told to make a video of a non working esc that had no moving parts or indicators as to operation.My RMA was denied the day after I received the item because I "failed to meet the 45 day limit to reply". Then after shipping the items: ESC, Program Box, USB Adapter,; was offered a 50% refund if I closed my PayPal dispute. 37 days after initial purchase I was refunded item prices minus a $20 resealing fee for products received in an un sealed box and 2 in ziploc bags. Not to mention the $47 in shipping I lost. DO NOT BUY FROM HOBBY KING or TECKTRONICS!!! Liars , cheats and thieves. I have had nothing but problems with their inferior products. I learned the hard way. And if you are giving them lip service...It is out of shame in an attempt to justify your lack of commitment to quality or an overpriced dream that you lack the patience to properly obtain. Do it right the first time...Enjoy your success for a long time. Multiple repairs and parts cost more than the right part the first time. Keep it parallel to the horizon.
Then why on earth did YOU buy anything from them?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:55 PM
JUSTMECAT

You can purchase the battery packs on line.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:15 PM
JUSTMECAT

LMAO!! I was in a hurry and failed to do diligent research. Got what I paid for and obtained a better understanding of my hobbies pitfalls. Learned the lessons stated in my previous post for the last time. The other HK products were reputable US retailers who promptly corrected the issues. I can buy anything that flies or drives off the shelf here. If it floats, Traxxas is all you can get. Love them but not capable of my goals. Reached 80MPH with Genisis and going for 100 with Zonda if it ever shows up. Supplier not living up to testimonials across the forums. Did my homework and waited until I could purchase what I wanted. "Fish on.......Darn..broke your rod"
Old 10-08-2014, 03:41 AM
porcia83
Banned

You can purchase the battery packs on line.
LMAO!! I was in a hurry and failed to do diligent research. Got what I paid for and obtained a better understanding of my hobbies pitfalls. Learned the lessons stated in my previous post for the last time. The other HK products were reputable US retailers who promptly corrected the issues. I can buy anything that flies or drives off the shelf here. If it floats, Traxxas is all you can get. Love them but not capable of my goals. Reached 80MPH with Genisis and going for 100 with Zonda if it ever shows up. Supplier not living up to testimonials across the forums. Did my homework and waited until I could purchase what I wanted. "Fish on.......Darn..broke your rod"

Welcome to RCU. Are you new to the hobby? So far you seem to have a problem with every online purchase you have made. Between this purchase and the boat, you seem a bit impatient.

Looks like HK shipped your item within 24 hours of purchase, seems amazing. Some things don't add up though. You said you called them Saturday and they refused to cancel the order? What number did you call, and who did you speak to? One of the biggest complaints with this company is they have no number to call, no live customer service to talk to. Also, why didn't you try the live online help?

Guess it was bad luck that the ESC that you immediately didn't want showed up DOA. That can happen with all brands, and most will want some proof of the damage/issues.

Confused as to your comment that all the items you got from them were inferior, looks like you only had one, the ESC. Then you said "the other HK products were reputable US retailers who promptly corrected the issues". What does that mean?

Also, what ESC was it, and what was the application?

I get the frustration at getting a doa item, but honestly it looks like you're just angry at yourself and online vendors in general. It seems like you had buyer's remorse as soon as you purchased the item. Nothing you've written shows them to be liars, cheats, or thieves. The attacks on anyone who "pays lip service" and the comments about "shame" lack credibility, and really seem hypocritical.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:19 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Dang Porcia, you're so skeptical,, not like someone could start a new account just to post some outlandish claim,, could they?

Shill #45876 out

Old 10-08-2014, 11:38 AM
porcia83
Banned

Me? Skeptical? No, not at all. Other than him getting a DOA product (which I agree happens), could barely understand the rest of the comments from this new member.

Mostly though, I'd just love to know the phone number that he was able to use to speak with a live person, on a Saturday no less!
Old 10-08-2014, 03:41 PM
jgracco

Are you a cop? if not perhaps you ought to apply..

Originally Posted by porcia83
Welcome to RCU. Are you new to the hobby? So far you seem to have a problem with every online purchase you have made. Between this purchase and the boat, you seem a bit impatient.

Looks like HK shipped your item within 24 hours of purchase, seems amazing. Some things don't add up though. You said you called them Saturday and they refused to cancel the order? What number did you call, and who did you speak to? One of the biggest complaints with this company is they have no number to call, no live customer service to talk to. Also, why didn't you try the live online help?

Guess it was bad luck that the ESC that you immediately didn't want showed up DOA. That can happen with all brands, and most will want some proof of the damage/issues.

Confused as to your comment that all the items you got from them were inferior, looks like you only had one, the ESC. Then you said "the other HK products were reputable US retailers who promptly corrected the issues". What does that mean?

Also, what ESC was it, and what was the application?

I get the frustration at getting a doa item, but honestly it looks like you're just angry at yourself and online vendors in general. It seems like you had buyer's remorse as soon as you purchased the item. Nothing you've written shows them to be liars, cheats, or thieves. The attacks on anyone who "pays lip service" and the comments about "shame" lack credibility, and really seem hypocritical.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:26 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by jgracco
Are you a cop? if not perhaps you ought to apply..
No more than you are I suppose. Does his rant make sense to you or seem credible?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:41 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not unusual to get DOA products from Hobby Krap, They sure don't spend any money on testing their products. They just unload them on unsuspecting hobbyists. Then cheap them out of their money.

That's the Hobby Krap way.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:17 AM
porcia83
Banned

I guess if one never purchased an item from them it might be reasonable to expect that, if one was to base their opinion on select internet postings.

Don't know if JR, Futaba, EagleTree, Fatshark, Scorpion, DJI NAZA products usually show up DOA though.

It's got to be tough being in competition with them however. You would think competitors would let their products and services stand on their own merits, rather than attacking the other vendor. Sort of like Horizon, Tower, etc.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:37 AM
topspin

I guess if one never purchased an item from them it might be reasonable to expect that, if one was to base their opinion on select internet postings.

Don't know if JR, Futaba, EagleTree, Fatshark, Scorpion, DJI NAZA products usually show up DOA though.

It's got to be tough being in competition with them however. You would think competitors would let their products and services stand on their own merits, rather than attacking the other vendor. Sort of like Horizon, Tower, etc.
The products you mentioned are all high quality with the possible exception of Fatshark and NAZA. Those products can very often be found here in the US at the same or lower price and with free or very inexpensive shipping.

My experience with stuff made by Hextronik and Turnigy (Hobby King branded stuff) has been less than acceptable. Shure the prices are good but the shipping costs are high and so is the failure rate. The notion that it's OK for some stuff to be DOA or fail on the bench because it's inexpensive is nonsense unless you just like to throw money away.

I really don't like the idea of flying anything made with parts that have a high probability for failure since it increases the possibility of danger to myself and others. Anyway, just because Hobby King sells some name brand stuff does not alter their total lack of ethical business practices or the fact that they have no customer service at all. As for other vendors, they do stand on their reputations and that's why they are still around. I see you have already amassed 285 posts all with a wooden spoon, well done.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 AM
porcia83
Banned

And HK is still around too, and continuing to grow. How about all the other vendors?

Last edited by porcia83; 10-09-2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: going to stay on topic.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And HK is still around too, and continuing to grow. How about all the other vendors?
Regardless of all the negative information, HK will be around forever because most people want cheap products. Even many of those who have complained, will continue to buy from them for that reason and continue to complain.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:42 PM
porcia83
Banned

You are correct sir! And that is the beauty of freedom of choice!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:58 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are correct sir! And that is the beauty of freedom of choice!
Some of you need to look at the magnum reloaded thread in RCG . The Magnum was desighned by a nice gent inGermany and after a couple years of trying to strike a deal with a company here to sell them he finaly did find someone. A couple months later HK has a plane that is built out of the same foam but mutch cheaper built and the plane cheaper than his nice one now being sold in the US . Not only is HK just sell junk they steal others desighns from good people and call them different names to try and not get sued . THIEFs !
Old 10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by joebahl
Some of you need to look at the magnum reloaded thread in RCG . The Magnum was desighned by a nice gent inGermany and after a couple years of trying to strike a deal with a company here to sell them he finaly did find someone. A couple months later HK has a plane that is built out of the same foam but mutch cheaper built and the plane cheaper than his nice one now being sold in the US . Not only is HK just sell junk they steal others desighns from good people and call them different names to try and not get sued . THIEFs !
So again, freedom of choice. One can buy a/the product or not.

I presume you are referencing this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...595008&page=72

Gotta read through a lot of pages to get to the comments your referring too. Lots of stereotypical rants and broad brush comments about a country (China), when the issues seems to be about a company based in the country. But anywho....two people seem to have the most issue with the plane/HK, one guy who wants to import and sell it, and some dude named "cracskmeup". He sounds familiar...

The HK version has more similarities than not in regards to the MR. Interestingly enough, lots of folks flying this with Lemon and orange and Frsky rx's (didn't see anyone complaining about that though) I think it's naive to assume they changed a name to avoid being sued. That doesn't preclude anything of the kind. There are plenty of clones and knock offs and similarities from many companies out there, including the "small guy" who makes foamy kits from his house. Nobody is above getting sued. Some would have us think the company was based in China soley to avoid lawsuits. Wrong of course. If someone or a company feels strongly enough about it, they have recourse.

Not the first time the issue has been brought up though, and probably won't be the last. Not sure if you were aware of the Nutball issue:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836389

"Created" by the guy and introduced via build thread and free plans in 2008. I doubt he registered any trademark on it, but nonetheless this shows up I believe sometime in 2013:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...60mm_PNF_.html

If I recall correctly, the issue was brought to the attention of HK, and I believe they worked out some type of royalty payment or other means of resolving with the guy. Don't know why the creator of the MR couldn't do the same if he/she wanted.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:11 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your willing to deal with crooks and theives you must be a laywer. Lawyers can twist the truth to make their cliants look swell but in the end most get time anyways . lol They took the good german builders desighn and unfortanly not to much he can do about it in China . China is always hacking into US companys to steal imformation ,stealing a plane desighn was easy for them.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:19 PM
drac1

If your willing to deal with crooks and theives you must be a laywer. Lawyers can twist the truth to make their cliants look swell but in the end most get time anyways . lol They took the good german builders desighn and unfortanly not to much he can do about it in China . China is always hacking into US companys to steal imformation ,stealing a plane desighn was easy for them.
It doesn't matter where the company is, they can still get sued. They get away with it because they make enough changes to get around the patent laws.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:22 PM
porcia83
Banned

LOL...is there only one type of lawyer in the world? Everyone in China act the same way? Things seem so absolute to you, no nuance or grey areas at all I guess. Did you catch the part about the Nutball? Never mind.

Anyway, don't know how the guy being in Germany has any bearing on what he can choose to do with HK, the creator of the Nutball was in Canada and seemed to get things resolved.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:02 PM
EASYKILL

So I have a specific question for you guys. I have a case opened against them also(join the club we've got jackets!) it's for less than $30 so not the end of the world. In two of my communications with them (not through PP) I am asked to close my dispute and THEN they will refund me. Now I might not be the brightest guy but that can't possibly be a smart move right?
Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 PM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EASYKILL
but that can't possibly be a smart move right?
It is not a smart move to rescind. It is one thing to go directly at/to the company. It is another thing to "get on the boards" with your complaints with a 3rd party, like the CA Consumer Protection Board. If you appeal to HK and they continue to pull that maneuver of having you rescind your complaint first, I would go directly above them and file a "ding" against them. That ALWAYS has worked for me. Did that with Verizon and things got cleared up really fast. I call it "sharing my pain." They take notice.

That all said, I have had 11 problem-free orders with HK. I realize at any turn that record may end. I think their online chat feature is excellent, has always worked for me.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 PM
drac1

So I have a specific question for you guys. I have a case opened against them also(join the club we've got jackets!) it's for less than $30 so not the end of the world. In two of my communications with them (not through PP) I am asked to close my dispute and THEN they will refund me. Now I might not be the brightest guy but that can't possibly be a smart move right?
You get a gold star EASYKILL.

I haven't looked into it, but if you close your PP dispute as completed, I doubt if you would be able to reopen it. It appears that's HK's way of getting away with ripping people off. With your PP case closed, then they can do whatever they want.

No matter who you buy from, or what you buy, always lodge a PP claim if you haven't received the product by 40 days. If it then arrives OK you can close the claim. But if it doesn't then you are covered.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:48 AM
porcia83
Banned

As others have noted, never withdraw the dispute until you have what you want in terms of resolution. With HK or any company. Once you do, it's done. I have yet to see an instance where someone was able to re-open a claim once they agreed to close it. It seems HK's first response is to request the dispute gets pulled and then they will try to work something out. They miss the fact that the issue is being disputed most times because they haven't dealt with it in the first place. They should also communicate through PP with their offer, but that's another story. The amount of $30.00 isn't insignificant, it's the principle. Keeping it in the PP venue puts pressure on the sellers, there is certainly more buyer protection with them than seller (and it's getting worse). Not that that's a bad things for buyers. Good luck with your dispute, chances are you will prevail. In the two I had to file with them against HK, they failed to respond and ultimately I got my money back. Update the thread with the outcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.