Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 08:12 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting back to Jim's original post regarding the incredibly poor customer service at Hobby King. A few minutes ago I was reading the Hobby King thread over on rc groups. I noticed a number of people lavishly praising the New York customer service guy ( who appears to be self appointed by the way) for fixing all of the screw-ups. He has admitted lately that his ability to resolve problems are limited in many cases and that's what leads me to believe that his real purpose is to keep the complaints off of that particular site by having everyone PM him (like damage control) as opposed to being a real a customer service guy.

It seems incredible to me that in order to get a problem fixed with Hobby King you have to PM some guy on an RC website that HK doesn't even own, or do they? Why does their site chat staff offer no help? Why do they not have someone like the New York outfit on their own website? What kind of game are they playing here? I saw where people in the UK are being charged taxes by a shipping company chosen by Hobby King. When they contact Hobby King and explain that there are no taxes due they get stonewalled. The only way they can get help is to PM some guy in the US on a website that Hobby King doesn't own. What happens if they don't know about that website? There is something really fishy about that whole scenario but suffice to say, customer service is absolutely the last thing on their minds.

To my fellow RC hobbyists (here in the USA) I say, save yourself a lot of grief and deal with the hundreds of reputable hobby shops and suppliers in America. And before anyone says it, I know most of their stuff comes from China too but that isn't what this is about. This thread is about taking care of your customers, something that Hobby King simply refuses to do.

Last edited by topspin; 10-12-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:31 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part of the problem that can not be ignored is pay pal
three years and at leaste once a year it gets comprised
now I try to use gift cards only with a $100 cap !
Old 10-13-2014, 07:16 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
Getting back to Jim's original post regarding the incredibly poor customer service at Hobby King. A few minutes ago I was reading the Hobby King thread over on rc groups. I noticed a number of people lavishly praising the New York customer service guy ( who appears to be self appointed by the way) for fixing all of the screw-ups. He has admitted lately that his ability to resolve problems are limited in many cases and that's what leads me to believe that his real purpose is to keep the complaints off of that particular site by having everyone PM him (like damage control) as opposed to being a real a customer service guy.

It seems incredible to me that in order to get a problem fixed with Hobby King you have to PM some guy on an RC website that HK doesn't even own, or do they? Why does their site chat staff offer no help? Why do they not have someone like the New York outfit on their own website? What kind of game are they playing here? I saw where people in the UK are being charged taxes by a shipping company chosen by Hobby King. When they contact Hobby King and explain that there are no taxes due they get stonewalled. The only way they can get help is to PM some guy in the US on a website that Hobby King doesn't own. What happens if they don't know about that website? There is something really fishy about that whole scenario but suffice to say, customer service is absolutely the last thing on their minds.

To my fellow RC hobbyists (here in the USA) I say, save yourself a lot of grief and deal with the hundreds of reputable hobby shops and suppliers in America. And before anyone says it, I know most of their stuff comes from China too but that isn't what this is about. This thread is about taking care of your customers, something that Hobby King simply refuses to do.
Very well put Topspin ! Your alot kinder than iam talking about their lack of service ,for a company making money hand over fist from alot of people in this thread and other countrys you would think they could pay someone to give their customers good service . joe
Old 10-13-2014, 12:47 PM
ghostofpf1

Originally Posted by topspin
Why do they not have someone like the New York outfit on their own website? .
you mean not on their own website like this ..??? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...942&FID=1&PR=3
Old 10-13-2014, 01:16 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

............and he just joined there two weeks ago ! LOL What took him so long ?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:23 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
you mean not on their own website like this ..??? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...942&FID=1&PR=3
Most good companys start up a service department before they start selling their stuff so 4 or 5 years later is parr for the cource with HK. lmao joe
Old 10-13-2014, 06:25 PM
topspin

That's great Gumby I guess they really do read this site after all. The question is, they have had a forum for problems on that site for several years so how come they need this guy, and why did he just show up there now?

Lets face it, the whole thing is smoke and mirrors.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:14 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand why hundreds of people have complained about HK, yet it's the same 4 or 5 guys that continuously praise Hk on both of the major forums. I've noticed that some of them have been members of these forums for years, yet only have a few posts.

I get a kick out of the occasional poster that pops up with a couple of posts under his belt and brags how he's spent thousands of dollars with HK and never had a problem.

Is it possible that these guys are shills for HK? Do they have something to gain by being so pro HK?

They appear to me to be like the guys hawking junk on tv. BUT WAIT ! ! ! ORDER TODAY AND I'LL EVEN SEND YOU TWO SETS AND YOU ONLY PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING. GET YOURS TODAY ! ! !

And we all know who these guys are.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:18 AM
LDM

I hope your referring to me sir because your comment is not only insulting but revealing of ones insecurity based on freedom of speech, ethical behavior and truth in my expression and use of a particular hobby vender.
Again sticking with the facts:
1)Why do most some Hobbiest use Hobby King ? I would venture to say its about the segment of the hobby your in, if you in gas /glow there is no reason to use Hobby King as the giants in the USA such as Great Planes, Horizon and so on serve all the needs and at a value price .
2) If your into electric flight, Hobby King unknowingly has become one of the best sources for Batteries, ESC and motors saving upwards of 35% to 75% in cost.
3)If you buy from hobby King know that your ratio much like in the medical community when looking at drug use is an 80/20% benefit to risk ratio. In my case its been 90% 10% but the savings are worth the battles.
4)Who did Hobby King probably hurt the most in the USA---I would venture to say Hobby Lobby and Thunder power , both offer key products in a segment that HK lives and breaths everyday. IN fact many of the Starmax planes sold by Hobby King under different names were at one time sold by HL
5)WHat is hobby King --nothing more then a Marketing house /distributor with in-house Product development --much like Great PLanes, Horizon, HL and HPeople .The difference is that they operate on a lower IPC ( initial profit contribution ) perhaps at the cost of customer service but the cost savings is up to the consumer to look at the benefit to risk ratio .
6)Is Hobby King about customer service---NO , don't know why but they don't understand anything in this area and in fact you may want to say " well that is China " when in fact many of the members visually seen on line and appearing to be in power are not Chinese so we can not use that reason for an assumption when in fact they appear to be from the UK .
7) is customer service with HK frustrating --yes and personally in another thread me ( you know the shrill lol ) started a thread on how frustrating it is to deal with Hobby King ) but being a shrill and paid employee (lol) by HK I removed it lol, no in fact I removed it when my personal issue was resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner .
8)so dealing in facts and stopping in the dance moms drams with mystery posted, black opps and secret online paid supporters its easy to see who buys from Hobby King , who should buy from hobby king and who should avoid them.
1) your into gas glow etc , buy from a trusted USA supplier ( if your in this country )
2) you fly electric --well unless you give me another super cheap supplier with great history on the lipos, esc and batteries working in the field-- I will buy from and suggest you do the same -Hobby King until someone as great as Great Planes figures out the business model .
3) Hobby Parts has become a reliable USA supplier on batteries esc and motors so that is one option that is growing but there CS is also not flawless being they are Nitro Planes that despite countless post were also owned by the same family that owned Raidentech and if you google that name they make Hobby King look like the Church.
So in closing if you want to add value , warn people in the proper manner I go back to my original post , stop the drama, the secret conspiracy whispers and things that I am certain you never say to ones face if not behind the luxury of a digital world .
Lets stick to what we know, HK is not about Customer service, its about great prices with risk if you are into and focus on and in the area of electric flight , that is the best value they provide

Sent from my iPad
Old 10-14-2014, 04:04 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

All great points LDM, and most reasonable people can understand that.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:07 AM
porcia83
Banned

Yup...exactly like that. You would have though the experts on HK would have known that. But, it falls on deaf ears. No matter what they do, they will be criticized. Never dawned on the few that they might have started at one site because that was the largest one out there, and they could reach the largest amount of people to help there. Yes, even more than their own forum. If you follow the CSR's from HK, NP, or BH, you see they try to help, but routinely get bashed and abused, usually by the people they are trying to help.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:17 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by countilaw
I don't understand why hundreds of people have complained about HK, yet it's the same 4 or 5 guys that continuously praise Hk on both of the major forums. I've noticed that some of them have been members of these forums for years, yet only have a few posts.

I get a kick out of the occasional poster that pops up with a couple of posts under his belt and brags how he's spent thousands of dollars with HK and never had a problem.

Is it possible that these guys are shills for HK? Do they have something to gain by being so pro HK?

They appear to me to be like the guys hawking junk on tv. BUT WAIT ! ! ! ORDER TODAY AND I'LL EVEN SEND YOU TWO SETS AND YOU ONLY PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING. GET YOURS TODAY ! ! !

And we all know who these guys are.
Do we? Do you speak for everyone now? By all means, point each of them out. You routinely talk about these people that are shills, and paid by HK, why haven't you ever pointed them out, and then provided proof?

Why is it that the same group of folks constantly criticize HK are people who only used them once or twice, and in some cases, never. And they are usually the ones that personally attack others, call them names like shills, and talk about the demise of the company for what, 4-5 years now.

I think the average person reading these, and other HK threads can probably take the most pro and anti HK comments and get a good idea of who is being reasonable, and credible, and those that just want to attack everything and everyone.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:31 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Just a thought or few here ;

What IS it about HK that brings out the worst in folks ? I'll freely admit to getting heated myself in these discussions , so much so that I removed my posts and stayed away and watched this thread from a distance for a few days . Yes , HK has crappy customer service , by now EVERYONE knows that . I also believe they DO have a couple of paid folks looking out for their name here and no , I have no idea who except the kinds of folks Countilaw talks about , the folks with 10 year old accounts that have five posts , four of which praise HK . No , I don't think a guy like LDM with his 8000 plus posts is any kinds of "hk plant" nor do I think the place is "overrun" by shills . I really don't think it's much of a stretch to think that some time ago someone , who knows maybe even Hand himself , would create a few "sleeper" accounts to be used at a later time if needed for trolling , shilling , or if their "regular" identity gets banned , this is seen in many other websites that don't involve RC as well . I think the average HK supporter is like Plane Jim used to be , a customer happy with their purchases who doesn't like to see their favorite retailer slammed and kinda enjoys winding up the folks who did have problems by taunting them in mean spirited posts .I think it's kinda dumb to argue warehouses and signs and Chinese made when the real issue is customer service , and watching a bunch of fellow RC hobbyists beating each other up over this has become quite the sad sight indeed .

A last little thing to think about before the next time ya hit post reply ;

HK detractors , would you really call a guy like LDM a shill to his face ? Of course not !

HK supporters , would you really rub your 300 good HK orders in the face of a FRIEND who got burned by them ? Of course not !
Old 10-14-2014, 05:32 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
Just a thought or few here ;

What IS it about HK that brings out the worst in folks ? I'll freely admit to getting heated myself in these discussions , so much so that I removed my posts and stayed away and watched this thread from a distance for a few days . Yes , HK has crappy customer service , by now EVERYONE knows that . I also believe they DO have a couple of paid folks looking out for their name here and no , I have no idea who except the kinds of folks Countilaw talks about , the folks with 10 year old accounts that have five posts , four of which praise HK . No , I don't think a guy like LDM with his 8000 plus posts is any kinds of "hk plant" nor do I think the place is "overrun" by shills . I really don't think it's much of a stretch to think that some time ago someone , who knows maybe even Hand himself , would create a few "sleeper" accounts to be used at a later time if needed for trolling , shilling , or if their "regular" identity gets banned , this is seen in many other websites that don't involve RC as well . I think the average HK supporter is like Plane Jim used to be , a customer happy with their purchases who doesn't like to see their favorite retailer slammed and kinda enjoys winding up the folks who did have problems by taunting them in mean spirited posts .I think it's kinda dumb to argue warehouses and signs and Chinese made when the real issue is customer service , and watching a bunch of fellow RC hobbyists beating each other up over this has become quite the sad sight indeed .

A last little thing to think about before the next time ya hit post reply ;

HK detractors , would you really call a guy like LDM a shill to his face ? Of course not !

HK supporters , would you really rub your 300 good HK orders in the face of a FRIEND who got burned by them ? Of course not !
+1
(in general...not the part about shills. )
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 AM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by porcia83
Yup...exactly like that. You would have though the experts on HK would have known that. But, it falls on deaf ears. No matter what they do, they will be criticized. Never dawned on the few that they might have started at one site because that was the largest one out there, and they could reach the largest amount of people to help there. Yes, even more than their own forum. If you follow the CSR's from HK, NP, or BH, you see they try to help, but routinely get bashed and abused, usually by the people they are trying to help.
Comparing HK with NP and BH is great as they all seem to be cut from the same cloth as far as customer service is concerned .
Please list one reputable RC company who has to post on another sites RC discussion forum to resolve customer service complaints .
Also let's look at the HK forum. It has been up for 6 years and it's support forum has been up for 5 years. The order support problems sub-forum has been there for one year and has 23 pages and 3K topics !
This CSNY person has just joined his company's own support forum after working on the "other sites" forum for almost one year ?? Then posts this tidbit about HK's own forum. Not sure if it's a joke response but its just more things about them that don't add-up or make sense concerning their actual care for their customers.

[TABLE="class: tableBorder, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: msgOddTableSide"]SighKick

Platinum (NZ)
USERID: 2807382
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
[TD="class: msgOddTableTop"] Post Options
Quote Reply Posted: 23/Sep/2014 at 8:14pm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: msgOddTableRow"]
[TD="class: msgLineDevider"] G'Day Sooty (ChCh) and Daithi (NOT GB) ..

I heard that this Forum is totally void of any actual HK staff which makes any complaint here about as useful as teats on a bull!

And I have been annoying the **** out of them on 16th, 18th, 20th and twice on 22nd.

The unexplained delay in the Print Queue area (in this case its the Aussie Warehouse) could be simply that the order to remove the backorder has not resulted in a fresh printing of the packing order.

Of course it could just be those Kiwi loving Aussies playing silly buggers!

Dave (New Plymouth, NZ) [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: postSeparatorTableRow"]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: msgEvenTableSide"] HobbyKing CS NY

Retail (US)
USERID: 3098876
HobbyKing Support

[TD="class: msgEvenTableTop"] Post Options
Quote Reply Posted: 03/Oct/2014 at 10:11pm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: msgEvenTableRow"]
[TD="class: msgLineDevider"] "I heard that this Forum is totally void of any actual HK staff"

Not anymore... anyone here can feel free to PM me with any issues.

Rob

HK CS NY[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: msgEvenTableSide"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 10-14-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:15 AM
LDM

Thanks InIt4Fun , Porcia, you have me pegged dead on and in fact I use to spend so much more time on RCU but my habbits went to epower so other forums serve me much better.
One more thing you should know about HK , when I was in a recent chat about a problem my conversation was going in circles and the person on line really did want to help problem is that I stay clam , copied my conservation as stated in past post and referred back to older conversations with HK on the same matter .
When I realized that this was going no place this is what I said next" I want to speak on line with some in authority" ---response was " there not here right now" --I said " I cant believe that there is online support and zero supervision, let me speak with the manager on duty" then and only then was my problem resolved.
So as stated earlier, there customer service sucks, no gray area but I have many orders that were 100% seemless and created my own set of rules to deal with them as seen earlier.
Also so many urban legends --lets take Banana Hobby . Ordered from them a ton , not one issues ever, on time delivery, tracking , shipping etc , do I have my own rules yes. Don't pre-order all your doing is paying for a container from China that may never get ordered, don't order out of stock or back orders, and wait for the sales 4thQ, because otherwise you will overpay.
My biggest complaint with BH was the constant you tube videos stating how much product intervention they had and then when you challenge there selection of components like 9 gram servos in a 79" EPO P40 , you get based by the BH moderator on his expertise on part selection, so in essence it was another thread that did not want honesty about a product or service.
Most of the early bad press on BH is about poor servos, motors, cheap quality all around the Starmax brand that was also imported by Hobby Lobby and renamed and also sold by Hobby King .
Starmax is now somewhat out of business and operating under another name and recently re-energized by Hobby Kings launch of a EPO 66" FW190 , in stock form its a( not nice lol ) being a modeler I bought it in kit form and I am bashing it to a functional stand off scale model .
So again get your facts straight and don't believe all the urban legend you read on line in doing so you allow so many more ways to enjoy this great hobby
Old 10-14-2014, 06:42 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Comparing HK with NP and BH is great as they all seem to be cut from the same cloth as far as customer service is concerned .
Please list one reputable RC company who has to post on another sites RC discussion forum to resolve customer service complaints .
Also let's look at the HK forum. It has been up for 6 years and it's support forum has been up for 5 years. The order support problems sub-forum has been there for one year and has 23 pages and 3K topics !
This CSNY person has just joined his company's own support forum after working on the "other sites" forum for almost one year ?? Then posts this tidbit about HK's own forum. Not sure if it's a joke response but its just more things about them that don't add-up or make sense concerning their actual care for their customers.[TABLE="class: tableBorder, align: center"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
So again I'll note the damned if you do, damned if you don't response I noted earlier. No mention of them having a US based CSR, just...argh why are they on RCG, why aren't they on their own forums..it's all smoke and mirrors from this trinket company, and of course, they don't even have a rep at their own forums. No credit or recognition that they finally got one, and that overall people are very happy that he resolves the majority of issues, just more criticisms. Can't imagine why they don't hire more. The truth is, nothing short of the company going completely out of business will be enough for some. Nothing they do will ever been seen and positive.

Did you specifically need them for anything and were unable to reach them at RCG, or did the live support not respond, or is this just a general complaint about the company?

Not that it matters, but since you asked, I have to wonder if you looked here or at RCG in the vendor sections. Yup, plenty of companies out there have their own forum, and then what do you know, they have forums here too. Since you asked for a reputable company, I'll gladly give you one.

MotionRC. Arguably one of the best our there right? I've used them, so I speak from experience. Have you?

Does this reputable company have their own forum and a live help option? Check!

http://www.motionrc.com/forum/

Does this reputable company have a forum on another website where they review and respond to customer complaints, and attempt to resolve them? Check!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256850

So there's that.

Last edited by porcia83; 10-14-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: clarity, bad spelling as usual.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:57 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by LDM
Thanks InIt4Fun , Porcia, you have me pegged dead on and in fact I use to spend so much more time on RCU but my habbits went to epower so other forums serve me much better.
One more thing you should know about HK , when I was in a recent chat about a problem my conversation was going in circles and the person on line really did want to help problem is that I stay clam , copied my conservation as stated in past post and referred back to older conversations with HK on the same matter .
When I realized that this was going no place this is what I said next" I want to speak on line with some in authority" ---response was " there not here right now" --I said " I cant believe that there is online support and zero supervision, let me speak with the manager on duty" then and only then was my problem resolved.
So as stated earlier, there customer service sucks, no gray area but I have many orders that were 100% seemless and created my own set of rules to deal with them as seen earlier.
Also so many urban legends --lets take Banana Hobby . Ordered from them a ton , not one issues ever, on time delivery, tracking , shipping etc , do I have my own rules yes. Don't pre-order all your doing is paying for a container from China that may never get ordered, don't order out of stock or back orders, and wait for the sales 4thQ, because otherwise you will overpay.
My biggest complaint with BH was the constant you tube videos stating how much product intervention they had and then when you challenge there selection of components like 9 gram servos in a 79" EPO P40 , you get based by the BH moderator on his expertise on part selection, so in essence it was another thread that did not want honesty about a product or service.
Most of the early bad press on BH is about poor servos, motors, cheap quality all around the Starmax brand that was also imported by Hobby Lobby and renamed and also sold by Hobby King .
Starmax is now somewhat out of business and operating under another name and recently re-energized by Hobby Kings launch of a EPO 66" FW190 , in stock form its a( not nice lol ) being a modeler I bought it in kit form and I am bashing it to a functional stand off scale model .
So again get your facts straight and don't believe all the urban legend you read on line in doing so you allow so many more ways to enjoy this great hobby
Ah...blessed silent flight! The best!
Old 10-14-2014, 08:46 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
This CSNY person has just joined his company's own support forum after working on the "other sites" forum for almost one year ?? Then posts this tidbit about HK's own forum. Not sure if it's a joke response but its just more things about them that don't add-up or make sense concerning their actual care for their customers.

[TR]
[TD="class: msgOddTableSide"]SighKick

Platinum (NZ)
USERID: 2807382
Bargain Addict!

[/TD]
[TD="class: msgOddTableTop"] Post Options
Quote Reply Posted: 23/Sep/2014 at 8:14pm
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: msgLineDevider"] G'Day Sooty (ChCh) and Daithi (NOT GB) ..

I heard that this Forum is totally void of any actual HK staff which makes any complaint here about as useful as teats on a bull!

And I have been annoying the **** out of them on 16th, 18th, 20th and twice on 22nd.

The unexplained delay in the Print Queue area (in this case its the Aussie Warehouse) could be simply that the order to remove the backorder has not resulted in a fresh printing of the packing order.

Of course it could just be those Kiwi loving Aussies playing silly buggers!

Dave (New Plymouth, NZ)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: right"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: msgEvenTableSide"] HobbyKing CS NY

Retail (US)
USERID: 3098876
HobbyKing Support

[/TD]
[TD="class: msgEvenTableTop"] Post Options
Quote Reply Posted: 03/Oct/2014 at 10:11pm
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: msgEvenTableRow"]
[TD="class: msgLineDevider"] "I heard that this Forum is totally void of any actual HK staff"

Not anymore... anyone here can feel free to PM me with any issues.

Rob

HK CS NY
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. Those forums have been around a long time but (wink wink) no one from Hobby King read them. Yeah right.... It seems like when the stream of complaints became too numerous and too legit for the shills to shout down they had to do something to squash all of that negative publicity. Enter CSNY, there to protect the brand name. Oh they help a few people but they also admit they can't help everyone. What they can do is take you off line via PM so others don't see negative publicity. Clever but a little too transparent at this stage of the game. I have been watching the riots in Hong Kong with interest. The outcome could be a game changer and just think, you might have to pay a buck more for a motor or fifty cents more for a servo from an American distributor. Bummer for all you uber cheapskates.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:18 AM
porcia83
Banned

So the premise is that there were so many complaints that the "shills" were not able to deal with (as if these alleged people can do anything), so HK brought in one person (NYCSR), who would singlehandedly protect the brand name? After 5 years? LOL. If I'm not mistaken, the complaint threads still exist here, on RCG, and in their forum. I'm missing the logic there.

And if they "take the issue offline" and resolve the matter, isn't that the goal of a CSR, to resolve the matter? Does everyone who has an issue care if it's resolved in a thread, or is the goal to get their issue resolved.

I've seen the riots in HK too....I don't know if folks realize this, but I read somewhere that they started when Hobby King announced they were closing the main warehouse there and moving all operations to Roswell, NM, and Jacksonville, AR Just kidding!

Actually, people are demonstrating and in some cases rioting because they want the ability to make their own choices. To be free to do what they want. The thing which we all have. Hope it works out for them.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:31 AM
LDM

"Bummer for all you uber cheapskates"I l
I love the name calling despite the moderator’s warningsthey continue, this is from a hobby known for being budget minded and I don'tcare what level you’re at. Poor guy invest in sierra wheels or scale Gleniswheels and he will get offers of $20 a wheel and this from what a blue-chip demographics , I mean really , did you ever see the resale of RC planes despite the condition , even Top Gun models get marked down !! I guess we are all Cheapskates ? lol

You can study HK and the Riots all you would like, I am inthe CPG business and do global business every day, the riots in HK are notgoing to impact your rc purchases, the GOVT sponsoring of farms and the HighTech industry paying more per hour will, however your still taking about asociety that is now 60% toxic farm land and hundreds of building being buildnew only to sit empty so the problems in China are growing to incredible size and the HK economy is a bubble waiting to burst and it will impact all USA imports short and long term.
I just took a train ride from HK 4 hours deep into China,Google Ghost Cities of China and tell me I have to worry about Riots in HK andhow that will impact my little RC servo cost.
I think we have been open and effective in communicating theproblem with HK and why people should avoid them or if you purchase a plan onbeing safer in the manner that I will continue to do .Why we have to go back to shrill and cheap comments is beyond me.Again easy to from a computer.
In addition to my professional career as a VP in Consumer products,I am a level 5 certified USA Hockey Coach and was director of a high level clubfor 8 years. I handled every problem imaginable from player to for the mostpart parent issues even into their early 20ties. As stated earlier if you handleyour problems in a professional manner you only helping in solving the problem,when you don’t guess what ----YOUR PART OF THE PROBLEM AND ALL YOUR DOING ISPERPETUATING THE PROBLEM.
So please if we have to continue with name calling then wegive RCU the perfect example that as members we can’t act as adults because we can’tspeak with respect if we add an opposing or even an example of a difference in servicethat we received. And that is why RCU is more heavily monitored then any otherRC forum on the net and that my friend is a fact.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 AM
raptureboy

Wow, this thing is still going? Sad day for modeling in general when one of the top ten threads is about buying Chinese or not. I am willing to bet if you removed all the items made in China from your home and car you would be sleeping on the ground and doing alot of walking. LOL I need to go order some stuff from HK . LOL I remember when things made in Japan were once considered junk. LOL They sure showed us.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:38 AM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by porcia83
So again I'll note the damned if you do, damned if you don't response I noted earlier. No mention of them having a US based CSR, just...argh why are they on RCG, why aren't they on their own forums..it's all smoke and mirrors from this trinket company, and of course, they don't even have a rep at their own forums. No credit or recognition that they finally got one, and that overall people are very happy that he resolves the majority of issues, just more criticisms. Can't imagine why they don't hire more. The truth is, nothing short of the company going completely out of business will be enough for some. Nothing they do will ever been seen and positive.

Did you specifically need them for anything and were unable to reach them at RCG, or did the live support not respond, or is this just a general complaint about the company?

Not that it matters, but since you asked, I have to wonder if you looked here or at RCG in the vendor sections. Yup, plenty of companies out there have their own forum, and then what do you know, they have forums here too. Since you asked for a reputable company, I'll gladly give you one.

MotionRC. Arguably one of the best our there right? I've used them, so I speak from experience. Have you?

Does this reputable company have their own forum and a live help option? Check!

http://www.motionrc.com/forum/

Does this reputable company have a forum on another website where they review and respond to customer complaints, and attempt to resolve them? Check!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256850

So there's that.

Another great comparison ! Thank You for making my (and others) point !
Motion is a young company and has a very good customer service reputation. They do have their own forum and started a vendor forum on another site and yet on that site there is only that one single problem that was resolved by a MRC rep out of three pages and 58 posts and the forum has been up since April 2013. Seems like MRC started out the right way and made sure their CS department was in place to properly take care of the customer,
How long has HK been in business......... 15 plus years ? Only now they are trying to take care of the customer ? Look on that other sites HK vendor forum and read through all of the complaint posts . Again......what took them so long and why can't they get it right....or as stated so many times....don't they really care?
Old 10-14-2014, 11:49 AM
porcia83
Banned

Hearty LOL...I made your point? You asked for a company and I gave it to you. Asked and answered, and then the argument changes. Let me guess, you know all along MotionRC was present in both places, haha! Par for the course.

Motion RC is similar to HK only in the fact that they sell RC stuff. Not much else. When MotionRC gets a 10th, or even a 5th of the business that HK does, then let's try to do an apples to apples comparison.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:05 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Wow, this thing is still going? Sad day for modeling in general when one of the top ten threads is about buying Chinese or not. I am willing to bet if you removed all the items made in China from your home and car you would be sleeping on the ground and doing alot of walking. LOL I need to go order some stuff from HK . LOL I remember when things made in Japan were once considered junk. LOL They sure showed us.
Buy American!

The thread is 30 days old, has over 520 posts, and over 17,700 page views, presumably those are unique. Not unlike many threads that have to do with HK. As I've wondered before, how many of those 17,700 went and either bought something, or at least check the site out. How many people decided to either never use them, or never use them again. And, how many people learned something about how to resolve issues with them that they didn't know before. All questions that can't be answered with certainty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.