Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 03:00 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LDM
I hope your referring to me sir because your comment is not only insulting but revealing of ones insecurity based on freedom of speech, ethical behavior and truth in my expression and use of a particular hobby vender.
Again sticking with the facts:
1)Why do most some Hobbiest use Hobby King ? I would venture to say its about the segment of the hobby your in, if you in gas /glow there is no reason to use Hobby King as the giants in the USA such as Great Planes, Horizon and so on serve all the needs and at a value price .
2) If your into electric flight, Hobby King unknowingly has become one of the best sources for Batteries, ESC and motors saving upwards of 35% to 75% in cost.
3)If you buy from hobby King know that your ratio much like in the medical community when looking at drug use is an 80/20% benefit to risk ratio. In my case its been 90% 10% but the savings are worth the battles.
4)Who did Hobby King probably hurt the most in the USA---I would venture to say Hobby Lobby and Thunder power , both offer key products in a segment that HK lives and breaths everyday. IN fact many of the Starmax planes sold by Hobby King under different names were at one time sold by HL
5)WHat is hobby King --nothing more then a Marketing house /distributor with in-house Product development --much like Great PLanes, Horizon, HL and HPeople .The difference is that they operate on a lower IPC ( initial profit contribution ) perhaps at the cost of customer service but the cost savings is up to the consumer to look at the benefit to risk ratio .
6)Is Hobby King about customer service---NO , don't know why but they don't understand anything in this area and in fact you may want to say " well that is China " when in fact many of the members visually seen on line and appearing to be in power are not Chinese so we can not use that reason for an assumption when in fact they appear to be from the UK .
7) is customer service with HK frustrating --yes and personally in another thread me ( you know the shrill lol ) started a thread on how frustrating it is to deal with Hobby King ) but being a shrill and paid employee (lol) by HK I removed it lol, no in fact I removed it when my personal issue was resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner .
8)so dealing in facts and stopping in the dance moms drams with mystery posted, black opps and secret online paid supporters its easy to see who buys from Hobby King , who should buy from hobby king and who should avoid them.
1) your into gas glow etc , buy from a trusted USA supplier ( if your in this country )
2) you fly electric --well unless you give me another super cheap supplier with great history on the lipos, esc and batteries working in the field-- I will buy from and suggest you do the same -Hobby King until someone as great as Great Planes figures out the business model .
3) Hobby Parts has become a reliable USA supplier on batteries esc and motors so that is one option that is growing but there CS is also not flawless being they are Nitro Planes that despite countless post were also owned by the same family that owned Raidentech and if you google that name they make Hobby King look like the Church.
So in closing if you want to add value , warn people in the proper manner I go back to my original post , stop the drama, the secret conspiracy whispers and things that I am certain you never say to ones face if not behind the luxury of a digital world .
Lets stick to what we know, HK is not about Customer service, its about great prices with risk if you are into and focus on and in the area of electric flight , that is the best value they provide

Sent from my iPad
Ha Ha the best value they provide ? lmao Thats if you get the junk you orered from them or you spend months trying to get your cash back again for junk. lol I have noticed one of the people who are RA RA hobby king in this thread sighning up to other sites and iam just waiting to hear the same Hobby king babble he is spewing here .lol joe

Last edited by joebahl; 10-14-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:31 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long live- the hobby king sucks thread!!!!!
Old 10-15-2014, 01:46 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

FYI.

From 18th November, PayPal buyer protection period will be extended from 45 days to 180 days.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:27 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Yup, correct. I started a thread on that a couple of weeks back.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...on-policy.html

Another layer of protection for buyers for sure. Another reason for sellers to worry too. And for the retailers, it might just mean price increases to cover this new policy. I thought 45 days was more than enough, 180 seems ridiculous. Can you imagine selling something, getting paid, and then 150 days later the buyer says, ya, this airplane I've been flying for 5 months isn't as described,so I want my money back. The sellers PP account gets frozen for the sale amount, and off to the races we go.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:00 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

The question of quality comes up often in this thread and others and good luck trying to define that when 90% of the Hobby Products come from the same source.
IN fact at same time two competitive USA compaines can use the same factory because there not big enough to get exclusive manufacturing privigles. You can really see this in areas like eletric chargers, retracts, and in some cases lipo batterys .
As also stated earlier Hobby King had the DLE, DLA and DL lines of gas engines ( all three names have been used ) before Great Planes started to distrubute them at an average of $100 more or so are we now knocking Great Planes quality as well , no of course not , my point is the QC issues will exist on all the products that come from the same areas.
If you have the opportunity to ever travel to China on business you will see variuos factories in every element of CPG products that make multiple items for differant competitors all based on MOQs ( Minimum Order Quantity ) .
Old 10-15-2014, 04:21 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Ya! That will show them!

Originally Posted by LDM
The question of quality comes up often in this thread and others and good luck trying to define that when 90% of the Hobby Products come from the same source.
IN fact at same time two competitive USA compaines can use the same factory because there not big enough to get exclusive manufacturing privigles. You can really see this in areas like eletric chargers, retracts, and in some cases lipo batterys .
As also stated earlier Hobby King had the DLE, DLA and DL lines of gas engines ( all three names have been used ) before Great Planes started to distrubute them at an average of $100 more or so are we now knocking Great Planes quality as well , no of course not , my point is the QC issues will exist on all the products that come from the same areas.
If you have the opportunity to ever travel to China on business you will see variuos factories in every element of CPG products that make multiple items for differant competitors all based on MOQs ( Minimum Order Quantity ) .
Falling on deaf ears my friend. These threads are just about some wanting the company out of business. Simple as that. They talk about toys and trinkets and smoke and mirrors , and when you bring up JR, Futaba, EagleTree,Scorpion, DJI NAZA they either sidestep the issue all together, or say "ya, but that's only a small part of the business". Or then change to "service issues", and start in with the "chicom" stuff. Some talk about "buy American", but offer absolutely no alternative, just empty phrases. I'd love to consider all American products, but they don't seem to be there.

People will keep using HK because they want to. End of story. I'm completely convinced that these threads, at the end of the day, only generate more visits to HK and more business for them. I've heard about the demise of this company for at least 5 years, and in that time they have only continued to grow and grow and grow. I mean, they are in Russia now. Who else is doing business there?

Absent the Jerry Springer inspired comments, the threads can have value. Good advise on what shipping choices to use, how to deal with them and PP, and who to get in touch with when things go wrong. Chances are they brought the NY CSR into play after reading threads here, at RCG, and on their own forums as well.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:39 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Please list one reputable RC company who has to post on another sites RC discussion forum to resolve customer service complaints .

[TABLE="class: tableBorder, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: msgOddTableSide"][/TD]
[TD="class: msgOddTableTop"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: msgOddTableRow"]
[TD="class: msgLineDevider"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: postSeparatorTableRow"]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: msgEvenTableSide"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: msgEvenTableTop"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: msgEvenTableRow"]
[TD="class: msgLineDevider"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: tableBorder, align: center"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR="class: msgOddTableRow"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: postSeparatorTableRow"]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: msgEvenTableSide"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
I'm not quite sure what your asking here , but if I read your question right I can say I've seen Bax for years taking care of Futaba owners here on RCU and also Andy Kunz (spelling?) taking care of Spektrum customers . Having public CS folks who can help at a moment's notice can only be seen as a good thing provided the effort is genuine . I know HK has CS issues , Heck , it's common knowledge , but if they really WERE to put a few folks on a few forums actually wearing the HK badge with the idea of honestly helping folks & resolving issues I'd be all for it ! At this point , if they truly are making millions , maybe it IS time to up each product by one cent and use the $$ to run a real CS department ? Would a $19.65 Lipo really be a dealbreaker at $19.66 ? At the expense of some fellow hobbyist getting a replacement for a factory defective Lipo or ESC , the extra penny really wouldn't be missed by me , that's for sure . I also recognize that not every customer has honest intentions themselves , how many do you think would try to claim defective return on an ESC that they accidentally hooked up backwards ? The owner of my LHS has lots of stories of folks trying to return product that they themselves ruined and I understand any company's efforts to weed out such fraud . Problem is , the LHS can see the customer face to face , knows who buys what and who knows their stuff VS being a hack who couldn't fix a sandwich much less than fix a complex RC mechanism , and so has a good idea of who's "for real" or not . That's one of the great things about the LHS that I guess will never be duplicated in the on line sales model , the ability to actually get to know who's who , and who the deserving of refund VS scammers are . This is specifically where a professional CS department could save a company like HK a lot of bad press , that's for sure .....
Old 10-15-2014, 04:49 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Wow, this thing is still going? Sad day for modeling in general when one of the top ten threads is about buying Chinese or not. I am willing to bet if you removed all the items made in China from your home and car you would be sleeping on the ground and doing alot of walking. LOL I need to go order some stuff from HK . LOL I remember when things made in Japan were once considered junk. LOL They sure showed us.

Good Grief dude , for like 22 pages now folks have been trying to make this discussion a "Chinese thing" and about every page and a half or so someone has to remind that the topic is customer service . Your right , EVERYTHING is made in China these days and no one here is arguing that fact ..... A thread about origin of manufacture just may gain some traction as a stand alone topic , but really has no place in a discussion about customer service and whether or not ol Plane Jim got his battery or a refund for such .....
Old 10-15-2014, 04:53 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
"Drive by threadcrapping" one's own thread is the height of mockery to all participants , and a signal that this mudfest has just officially "jumped the shark" .........

Later Gents , Happy Flying to all
Old 10-15-2014, 05:04 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
I'm not quite sure what your asking here , but if I read your question right I can say I've seen Bax for years taking care of Futaba owners here on RCU and also Andy Kunz (spelling?) taking care of Spektrum customers .
Very good point init, and another example is Krysta who was present on numerous different sites helping Futaba customers for years.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t664908p1/

http://www.helifreak.com/archive/ind.../t-150563.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...ken-print.html

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/arch...p/t-63221.html

She is still around and answered the email I sent to Futaba recently about a bug in Version 4.0 firmware in the Futaba 14SG.

And the absolute King of Customer Service, Chris from Armattan Quads. This guy is incredible. When he builds you a quad he makes a personal video for you showing how the quad flies and is an active participant on RCG answering people directly and solving their issues on that site. He has a very loyal and well deserved following due to his outstanding customer service. I have never seen anything like it.

Wayne from Aloft…

Mark from Bolt RC, I posted a question about my new Taranis in a forum and he took the initiative and sent me a PM with his cell phone number and suggested I call him.

Adam from Heliparts direct.

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-15-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:33 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by porcia83
Hearty LOL...I made your point? You asked for a company and I gave it to you. Asked and answered, and then the argument changes. Let me guess, you know all along MotionRC was present in both places, haha! Par for the course. Motion RC is similar to HK only in the fact that they sell RC stuff. Not much else. When MotionRC gets a 10th, or even a 5th of the business that HK does, then let's try to do an apples to apples comparison.
P'hht Don't fall out of your chair ! It seems some here just like to argue for the sake of arguing ! YOU are the one who made that comparison not me or anyone else. Yes you ! I just took the ball and ran with it. Next time choose more carefully. The point(of this thread) is terrible customer service and it hasn't changed (although some like to derail this debate). Many companies choose to incorporate good customer service into their business model from the start no matter what the cost. HK (and other companies)chose not to do that. Now a decade plus later HK is trying to "fix" it. Again....what took them so long and why bother now if,as so many say, they are doing do well ?
Old 10-15-2014, 06:13 AM
porcia83
Banned

Arguing for arguments sake, you don't say? This was your question in post 515, not mine:

"Please list one reputable RC company who has to post on another sites RC discussion forum to resolve customer service complaints .
"

I think you didn't realize other companies were doing it, hence the backtrack, and misdirection, and contradictory statements. Futaba, Spektrum...MotionRC.... the list is endless.

Not sure how involved your dealings with them have been, if at all, but you continue to claim their service is terrible, and hasn't changed, yet in the next breath confirm they have a CSR. Only now you complain and wonder why it took them so long to hire someone. Certainly with all the reading you do on HK, you had to have seen him take care of many of the customers complaints and get them resolved. Isn't even that a "change", and something better than what they have done in the past?

Last edited by porcia83; 10-15-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling, clarity
Old 10-15-2014, 10:16 AM
joebahl

Iam sure there are other companys ordering ARFs from China the differance is they have specs and wont buy from them if they are not met, HK has no specs and just sells any junky item it can steal or buy . joe
Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 AM
LDM

Joe, some what correct but let shed some more light
Most Hobby king stuff is purchased as is , they rename things with the exception of the Dymon Brand ( spell check )
They have a new Fw190 Starmax, nothing more then a relabled plane with preexisting problems as they dont realy tweek inbound planes outside there own Dynan Brand .
There P40 N they developed from the ground up with nothing but problems, they had the specs lol, the problem was everything was bad on the plane but as a modeler many ( including me based it and made it my own ) . I wanted a Top Flight 64" but its on perpetual out of stock !.
If you look at Horizen , they have had many an instance that first run was not what they ordered, so pre-production inspection and all the specs are correct but mid production and post production inspection may not match .
So you get a weak firwall or bad wing incertion points , etc P47 as an example .
IN this business you need an office in the country your doing buiness in for insurance that your QC is being met
Old 10-15-2014, 11:31 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

My issue was lack of customer service not origin of manufacture-thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 02:13 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

That's what the thread is about but as in most debates some build strawmen and/or drive the thread off-topic to take attention away from the real issue.Seems to happen here on a per-post basis ! Those who live just to argue I guess !
Old 10-15-2014, 02:42 PM
joebahl

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
That's what the thread is about but as in most debates some build strawmen and/or drive the thread off-topic to take attention away from the real issue.Seems to happen here on a per-post basis ! Those who live just to argue I guess !
OK ! their shipping and cusomer service sucks too ! How is that for back on topic ? lol I try not to argue but iam not going to sit by and have guys telling every one that HK is the best thing since sliced bread either. I have my view and others have theirs . Again i dont care about the cheap ones who will buy and sooner or later loose some cash , its the ones who are just starting in this hobby i dont want to see get screwed . You guys who love HK buy away ,nothing said here will change your mind till HK gets you sooner or later and they will. BTW if you read through their foam tac contest thread(free advertizing ) their was one nut who said he used foam tac to fix a hole on his daughers flat tire on her car! Yep thats what i would use on my kids tires . lmao Most of the guys in that Ra Ra foam tac thread are selling the stuff for beacon and his chearleaders with hairy legs .joe

Last edited by joebahl; 10-15-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by LDM
Joe, some what correct but let shed some more light
Most Hobby king stuff is purchased as is , they rename things with the exception of the Dymon Brand ( spell check )
They have a new Fw190 Starmax, nothing more then a relabled plane with preexisting problems as they dont realy tweek inbound planes outside there own Dynan Brand .
There P40 N they developed from the ground up with nothing but problems, they had the specs lol, the problem was everything was bad on the plane but as a modeler many ( including me based it and made it my own ) . I wanted a Top Flight 64" but its on perpetual out of stock !.
If you look at Horizen , they have had many an instance that first run was not what they ordered, so pre-production inspection and all the specs are correct but mid production and post production inspection may not match .
So you get a weak firwall or bad wing incertion points , etc P47 as an example .
IN this business you need an office in the country your doing buiness in for insurance that your QC is being met
I understand you can buy a plane ,junky motorcycle or a 1946 gmc pick up like i did and fix it up if you know what your doing or want to try to customize one .. But if your new to the hobby and think buying one cheap and it will work work perfect for you then buying from HK will give the new guys a big surprize. lol

Last edited by joebahl; 10-16-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:16 AM
LDM

Joe like you said you have your opinion and I have mine and I have invested enought time defending a company I dont work for or ger reinbursed or discounts for etc .
As far as getting screwed its a part of life , sooner or later everyone screws you , the differance is tough time dont last tough peope do, so I am not on this website to protect the world , I do my best express an opinion and have seen the best and worse in any digital retailer or in fact brick and mortor stores , its just a fact of life .
I wish everyone in this thread the best in there RC hobbies and Caveat emptor , certainly not a new saying and proof that you must take caution in everything you do .
I am over and out , have a great day !
Old 10-16-2014, 01:20 PM
joebahl

Originally Posted by LDM
Joe like you said you have your opinion and I have mine and I have invested enought time defending a company I dont work for or ger reinbursed or discounts for etc .
As far as getting screwed its a part of life , sooner or later everyone screws you , the differance is tough time dont last tough peope do, so I am not on this website to protect the world , I do my best express an opinion and have seen the best and worse in any digital retailer or in fact brick and mortor stores , its just a fact of life .
I wish everyone in this thread the best in there RC hobbies and Caveat emptor , certainly not a new saying and proof that you must take caution in everything you do .
I am over and out , have a great day !
I agree and i have been in this fun hobby for 40 years .I just dont want to see a new guy loose after buying from fly by night operations thats all. Iam out of here also ,i have to many builds this winter including trying to get some new builders framing a nice trainer with my help and free plans. All you HK junk buyers enjoy your winter ! joe
Old 10-16-2014, 02:20 PM
TimJ

nm.....
Old 10-16-2014, 06:45 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TimJ
everyone WILL CRY WHEN THE ONLY HOBBY SHIP AROUND TO PURCHASE FROM IS HOBBY KING.
I doubt that, on either account. I don't see that ever happening. Seems contrary to others thoughts that the company will be out of business. LOL, to each their own.

It is a shame when local hobby shops go out of business, but keep in mind there are many reasons why that happens. Some just close up because the owners retire. Others just never adapt and diversify, and change the way they do business. Kinda like those guys at the field who wax philosophic about how the hobby meant something before those dang ARF and foamies came around. I doubt any one shop has been put out of business solely because of online shopping. I've been in some that have very limited product lines, and some that have counter help that is shockingly poor customer service wise. The bigger and more successful ones around here have all kinds of RC things and toys, Cub Scout stuff, trains, and even game rooms (those games, Magic, D&D etc). They welcome customers, and their questions, and help educate them on what would be best for them, not just sell them the most expensive item. Some however are like dinosaurs, and will be extinct eventually. Doubt it any of it can be attributed to one vendor, but hey, worse has been attributed to this company.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:01 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by porcia83
I'm sure they will get right on that request.

FYI, might wanna post that suggestion here, it's where they look for that type of issue:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-problems-239/
Yea we posted in alot of threads many years ago and its the same RCU with things tthat dont work from bad programing issues . Does no good here ,if it had they would have fixed it this last time but NOOOOO .
Old 10-17-2014, 06:05 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by joebahl
Yea we posted in alot of threads many years ago and its the same RCU with things tthat dont work from bad programing issues . Does no good here ,if it had they would have fixed it this last time but NOOOOO .
Have fun flying every one and may the HK shipping gods smile on you ! joe
Old 10-18-2014, 08:57 PM
JUSTMECAT

YADA YADA YADA! HK SUX! Someone here knows it all. Probably receiving defected merchandise for their efforts. DO NOT USE HK! All their products are available here for less than price + shipping from them. From here on out, post : Do Not Buy from HK!. Simple as that and will leave room for TROLLS. Attitude is dependent on altitude.PEACE and Luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.