Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 08:58 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hairy46
Still does not make me want to give my money to a place that known for their lousy service! Just can not convince me can you!
Please don't encourage him, its windy enough.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:02 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol
Old 10-26-2014, 09:09 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drac1
1. If you read the numerous threads/posts, HK has very poor customer service.

2. Of course he used it. How do you know whether something it's defective if you don't? It is quite reasonable to expect a replacement for something that failed after only a few uses. It's called customer service - see point 1.

3. The only thing wrong is he bought from HK. A vendor that values it's customers will help you out. It's called customer service - see point 1.

4. A vendor that values it's customers would help you out. It's called customer service - see point 1.

5. Maybe from HK, but a vendor that values it's customers would help you out. It's called customer service - see point 1.

6. Not by choice, HK has created this brigade. A vendor that values it's customers would help you out. It's called customer service - see point 1.

Notice the recurring theme above? Or do you still have your HK blinders on? As much as you claim you are not in HK's pocket, it sure appears that way. You go out of your way to say that you buy from other places and tell others to buy from other places as well, but this does appear to try and hide your undying support for HK. You are just trying too hard.

The following is an example of customer service.

I fly competitively and only use 1 brand of engine. Early this year I bought the latest engine from them and installed it. I had been using it for around 2 months when it developed a problem. The LHS I bought it from, didn't have spares at this stage and I was only 1 week away from going to a competition. I was supplied with a complete brand new engine, (free of charge), to use for spare parts to get my engine running and I was to return the engine after the competition along with the faulty parts. It didn't cost me 1 cent. I have also had parts on a engine that was 3-4 months old fail and the faulty parts were replaced free of charge. Would you get that from HK? Short answer - NO!

I always carry spare parts and buy from my LHS and Japan, (as the LHS doesn't always stock the parts I require). As one would expect, these don't get used for quite some time after the purchase. Over the last 10 years, both the LHS and Japanese supplier have replaced parts that have failed after I used them, sometimes months after the purchase. Again free of charge. The latest was very recently. I bought a particular item from Japan in April this year and I fitted this part to my engine 3 weeks ago. It was faulty right from the start. i contacted the supplier and returned it to them. I received an email from them 4 days ago saying a replacement part has been shipped. Again free of charge.

Sorry for the rant, but that's what customer service is. A company willing to help you out when items you bought from them fail. A company that respects you and values your business. A company that wants your return business.
Point 1...see post 590. Interesting perspective.

Drac what is it about this company that reduces you to name calling, personal attacks, and empty accusations? Why is it so difficult for you to respond without going there? And I'm trying to hard? Seems like you've bought into the hole HK conspiracy stuff, sadly.

I have no blinders on my friend, if you spend some time reading my posts (more time, since you have spent time here, and reading prior posts), I'm not sure where I ever suggested anyone use HK. I noted before, I've probably told more people to NOT use them than most here. I've also repeatedly noted how to deal with them on service issues. In noting trends, you'll typically see that from folks who have used HK and try to discuss these things in threads. They are not the ones who personally attack and try to demean the other people. That happens in EVERY HK thread, almost to a certainty.

If I'm not mistaken, I've noted numerous other vendors to use here as well. Ironically, this seems to be the smoking gun for you to accuse me of being a shill, LOL. My dastardly plan to promote HK is to promote other companies. Big lol. 22 orders over 5 years...ya, I'm a big spender. I've blasted them in the past with my experiences, but also noted when things went well. This falls on deaf ears of course, but I'm not a proponent or opponent of them. I try to provide a rationale and reasonable alternative viewpoint. I know that in threads like these, that's not usually wanted by the OP. Most seem to just want everyone to gather up the torch and pitchfork and storm the gates with them. That rarely happens.

FYI to compare yourself to a guy who bought a battery and used it and wanted a free replacement was interesting. Wasn't really an apples to apples deal though. You should look into getting sponsored if you fly that much, and competitively, and only use one engine. What kind is it by the way?
Old 10-26-2014, 09:12 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by hairy46
Still does not make me want to give my money to a place that known for their lousy service! Just can not convince me can you!
LoL....spend your money where you want. Make sure to read all the reviews first though.

BUY AMERICAN...SUPPORT THE LHS
Old 10-26-2014, 09:31 AM
[email protected]

it took me 6 months and 125 emails to get a answer on the gas engine i sent back for repairs it froze up after 20 minute run then they gave me credit for it the first from hk i ever bought and the last i try to get all american and if i cant i dont need it some day this might be china american or japan american think about that
Old 10-26-2014, 10:37 AM
hairy46

Thank you, I will!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:39 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

If you go back and read my own rules of doing business with HK , two of the rules were "dont buy batterys from the International Warehouse and dont buy gas engines from the international warehouse .
IN an attempt to add value to those that need or want to save money .
The savings on gas engines is not enought to advoide Tower or Horizon and some of the threads on HK site on the gas engines are troublesome.
On lipos they have a really bad internatioal shipper they contracted with that could not get Lipos thru customs, mine were lost for two months in NY holds and I was finally refunded my money .
I ordered from the USA warehouse and was shipped to my door in under 5 days from my order on the very same lipos .
So as stated earlier if you choose to play with HK , you can save but you need to know what to do
Old 10-26-2014, 01:14 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by [email protected]
it took me 6 months and 125 emails to get a answer on the gas engine i sent back for repairs it froze up after 20 minute run then they gave me credit for it the first from hk i ever bought and the last i try to get all american and if i cant i dont need it some day this might be china american or japan american think about that
You are incredibly patient, I can't imagine 125 e-mails and 6 months to get something resolved. Obviously you're not going to use HK again, but a word to the wise, file a CC or PP complaint any time you have an issue like this and chances are it will be resolved within 45 days.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:30 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Sorry, but show me a company that will let you "use" batteries for a few weeks and then return them?,, Only takes one abusive "use" to kill a pack.
Abuse applies to any product, not just batteries.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:41 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by drac1
Abuse applies to any product, not just batteries.
True,, why most things are not returnable after use,, especially electronics, abuse most times is not visable
Old 10-26-2014, 02:48 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by porcia83
Point 1...see post 590. Interesting perspective.

Drac what is it about this company that reduces you to name calling, personal attacks, and empty accusations? Why is it so difficult for you to respond without going there? And I'm trying to hard? Seems like you've bought into the hole HK conspiracy stuff, sadly.

I have no blinders on my friend, if you spend some time reading my posts (more time, since you have spent time here, and reading prior posts), I'm not sure where I ever suggested anyone use HK. I noted before, I've probably told more people to NOT use them than most here. I've also repeatedly noted how to deal with them on service issues. In noting trends, you'll typically see that from folks who have used HK and try to discuss these things in threads. They are not the ones who personally attack and try to demean the other people. That happens in EVERY HK thread, almost to a certainty.

If I'm not mistaken, I've noted numerous other vendors to use here as well. Ironically, this seems to be the smoking gun for you to accuse me of being a shill, LOL. My dastardly plan to promote HK is to promote other companies. Big lol. 22 orders over 5 years...ya, I'm a big spender. I've blasted them in the past with my experiences, but also noted when things went well. This falls on deaf ears of course, but I'm not a proponent or opponent of them. I try to provide a rationale and reasonable alternative viewpoint. I know that in threads like these, that's not usually wanted by the OP. Most seem to just want everyone to gather up the torch and pitchfork and storm the gates with them. That rarely happens.

FYI to compare yourself to a guy who bought a battery and used it and wanted a free replacement was interesting. Wasn't really an apples to apples deal though. You should look into getting sponsored if you fly that much, and competitively, and only use one engine. What kind is it by the way?
I didn't name call anyone. Where did you get that from?

What I said is based on what you post and that's how it comes across. Whether you intend it to or not, that's how it does.

It doesn't matter whether it's a battery, connector, plane kit or a complete engine, a faulty product is a faulty product and any vendor that respects it's customers and wants there business, will help you out. Interesting or not, I was comparing customer service and product support from 2 vendors, so that is comparing apples to apples.

Like I said, if you don't use the item you bought, how do know it's faulty?

What has flying a lot got to do with being sponsored??
Old 10-26-2014, 02:58 PM
drac1

[QUOTE=scale only 4 me;11906248]True,, why most things are not returnable after use,, especially electronics, abuse most times is not visable[/QUOTE]

Yes and that does make it difficult sometimes, but a company that has good customer service and product support will help you out.

The replacement parts I was speaking about in my earlier post was for faulty/failed electronic parts. The brand I use is not cheap, but I get good service and support. As has been mentioned before, you get what you pay for.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:27 PM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Guys Guys Guys No one is listening to anyone here. Nobody is going to convince any one to their way of thinking
Hi all, I thought I would pipe up here, following this thread.
HoundDog - like your rationality.

However, the info has been helpful to me.
I can totally understand frustration when you can't get to the "Man behind the curtain."
Verizon wireless here in the US was my nemesis for a while - I felt like heat-gunning a snowman.

I am taking your'all's commentary to heart, although I have had great success with HK, getting mainstream items I order at a great price.
I have had 11 orders that all went will. I carefully tried international shipping (I am in NY State) on ORangeRX R615x receivers, and it took 50 days.
Didn't need them right away, so I was ok with the delivery which cost me under $4.

The guys/gals on the livechat have been fantastic - helped me figure out what to buy on my first electric park flyer, which got me back into the hobby bigtime.

I believe some of you have had bad times with HK and swear them off. Have felt like that with other companies.

Would it help when you order to go on livechat and get the chatter's knowledge about a product? I do it all the time, although I noticed they curtailed live chat late at night, which is when I have time to clear my brain enough to figure out what I need/want.

Also, gifting season will soon be upon us (First Christmas advertisement hit this week where I am in NY). I can imagine they are going to get deluged.

Why not start a HK Customer Satisfaction site - it would help to know realtime who is having problems. I am not gifted in this area of website tech - sorry, can't help out unless you want a mess(!)

Cheers,
Poughkeepsie Pete
Old 10-27-2014, 04:06 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by BrightGarden
Hi all, I thought I would pipe up here, following this thread.
HoundDog - like your rationality.

However, the info has been helpful to me.
I can totally understand frustration when you can't get to the "Man behind the curtain."
Verizon wireless here in the US was my nemesis for a while - I felt like heat-gunning a snowman.

I am taking your'all's commentary to heart, although I have had great success with HK, getting mainstream items I order at a great price.
I have had 11 orders that all went will. I carefully tried international shipping (I am in NY State) on ORangeRX R615x receivers, and it took 50 days.
Didn't need them right away, so I was ok with the delivery which cost me under $4.

The guys/gals on the livechat have been fantastic - helped me figure out what to buy on my first electric park flyer, which got me back into the hobby bigtime.

I believe some of you have had bad times with HK and swear them off. Have felt like that with other companies.

Would it help when you order to go on livechat and get the chatter's knowledge about a product? I do it all the time, although I noticed they curtailed live chat late at night, which is when I have time to clear my brain enough to figure out what I need/want.

Also, gifting season will soon be upon us (First Christmas advertisement hit this week where I am in NY). I can imagine they are going to get deluged.

Why not start a HK Customer Satisfaction site - it would help to know realtime who is having problems. I am not gifted in this area of website tech - sorry, can't help out unless you want a mess(!)

Cheers,
Poughkeepsie Pete
PP, I like your rationality. Yours is an approach that I think most well adjusted and reasonable people take when buying online, and probably with this vendor too. It's not an anomaly either, plenty of people have made multiple purchased with no issues whatsoever. For unknown reasons, that really drives some of the anti HK folks crazy. They respond with SHILL accusations, name calling and personal attacks. More recently, in an HK thread, one of the most fervent anti HK folks wished he could see select posters here and at RCG put to death in an electric chair. Oh but no worries, he was just a jokin! yuk yuk.

I think I get what you're saying in terms of an HK CS Site, I think they already have something like that, but I'm sure they can do better. They have an internal forum where people are able to ask questions about issues. In the past, fellow customers were able to suggest helpful hints (sans the attacks), and most were directed to live chat and told to open tickets. On RCG there was a vendor thread and around a year ago they hired a group of guys in NY to address service issues. "Rob" is the main one, it looked like he was able to deal with many of the issues. Not surprisingly, he was attacked there many times from the same people he was trying to help. It followed a similar pattern with CSRs from Banana Hobby and Nitroplanes. In general I think people got their issues resolved. More recently he showed up on the HK forums, but as you might guess, that was ridiculed too (check back a few pages, you'll see). So now I'm wondering, will he eventually come here too. I wish him luck!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:13 AM
LDM

deleted double post

Last edited by LDM; 10-27-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:15 AM
LDM

It must be my luck of being in this thread.
Ok so in July t I order some rare parts for the Hobby King P40 N , they were prop blades and two spinners that allow the plane to keep its cook standoff scale look .
I did not know at the time that in July they switched to Malaysia Freight Company that would red flag customs in the USA especially with two on -board lipos that I ordered.
After countless emails , tracking , opening up three request etc. , in September they refunded me my full order plus freight and ordered the battery’sfrom the USA DC and was shipped in under a week but I figured gone for good are the two spinner and 6 extra prop blades.
This weekend missed mister postman, and today I went to pick up my package andit was the long lost goods stuck in NY customs for over 60 days!!!
I am going to play the lottery; I got my goods for the P40 , my refund, andextra battery’s!

Ahhh the little guy wins w
Old 10-27-2014, 09:23 AM
LDM

the plane and the parts
For the RCers in this thread , 66" EPO ( don't tell anyone its foam)
Scratch built interior , canopy slides with a Fergelli Linear servo , FMS retracts, Callie graphics and my own paint job
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hk freight.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	2042547   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	2042549  
Old 10-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LDM
the plane and the parts
For the RCers in this thread , 66" EPO ( don't tell anyone its foam)
Scratch built interior , canopy slides with a Fergelli Linear servo , FMS retracts, Callie graphics and my own paint job
Plane looks really good, nice job.

Thanks for posting the long path the parts took. Folks ordering from HK International need to be aware of potential delays based on what is in the package and outbound/inbound customs delays. Many are overly quick to blame HK when often the delays are not of their making. They have no control once a package leaves their warehouse.

I have carefully ordered items from other vendors in China and shipping/customs to delivery was as brief as 7 days to as long as 30 days. Always used trackable shipping and followed online. Customs was usually the delay culprit.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:22 AM
LDM

Thanks I wanted to the Top Flight Gold Edition ARF but its been out of stock forever , I wish they would just remove it from the mailers because it shows instock , you then call and its out .
Your correct on the problem with customs holds, many times its not HK but its the USA after the 911 problems and now the heighten level of internataionl threats . Its a shame that you cant even order a battery wihout concerns.
I simply cant believe this parcel made it , I really thought it was gone, by the way , when the USPS opens a package , if you want to talk about customer servace , you should see how they reseal it lol, same with the TSA .
I am lucky the parts did not fall out of the box , you can see the original tape and then it was resealed with litterally three small pieces leaving big gaps open under compression.
Sorry not knocking those who serve in postal or TSA but some simply do not care
Old 10-27-2014, 01:39 PM
topspin

Nice plane LDM and lucky for you the parts didn't fall out or you would never have been able to get replacements. That Chinese cardboard leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to durability.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:38 AM
FlyDon9

I have dealt with HK a few times. They certainly are not my vendor of choice and I too would rate them a fail grade for their customer service when it comes to defective parts.

I have been asked to take a picture of the defective part when I clearly specified that the part was missing. That particular incident took a number of e-mails to clear up.

However, I am impressed with their Durafly planes, bought a couple but made sure that the usual replacement parts I usually order were available at the time I purchased the planes.

I will not buy a plane unless I can get some extra stock propeller's and often an additional set of landing gear and a spare motor and motor mount as well.

Needless to say I only have a couple of the Durafly planes as HK most often it seems does not stock the replacement parts.

The Durafly planes I have bought are their exclusive FMS produced planes, the 1100 series, These planes are just the right size for me to cart around and unfortunately are only available from HK. So, if I want one, then I have to deal with HK. Although FMS has recently come out with a new 980mm wings size series. So I may switch over to them.

I am puzzled though why HK uses a online help line, these reps are most eager to help but other than acknowledging a problem are unable to help at all. T

hanks to HK for being able to download a transcript off the web site, it helped me greatly with a dispute I have with HK that went to arbitration, H

Hobby King reps said they were totally unaware of a problem with parts I was having, yet there were a number of transcripts over a period of several months clearly showing I was attempting to obtain the replacement parts for one of their planes.

Last edited by FlyDon9; 10-28-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:46 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, by all means, support your local hobby shop. Is Value Hobby your local hobby shop? Or Heads Up? Or wait, are they just like tons of other online vendors of RC products. Have you shopped at either place instead of supporting your local hobby shop?
No leasure hobby shop is my local and i have spent PLENTY of money there to my friend Scotty who owns it ,was there yesterday and bought some balsa . Value hobby is a 30 minute drive from me and yep i can go there for things in person with the correct amount of money brought with me . HUPRC is in fl but a real pleasure to deal with and nice stuff that will last you. NOW WHAT ? I guess if another hobby shop other than HK is talked about its chearleaders get all upset! lmao

Last edited by joebahl; 10-28-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:53 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by joebahl
No leasure hobby shop is my local and i have spent PLENTY of money there to my friend Scotty who owns it ,was there yesterday and bought some balsa . Value hobby is a 30 minute drive from me and yep i can go there for things in person with the correct amount of money brought with me . HUPRC is in fl but a real pleasure to deal with and nice stuff that will last you. NOW WHAT ? I guess if another hobby shop other than HK is talked about its chearleaders get all upset! lmao
Joebahl,
Are you looking for drama, or trying to drum it up? Again with the "cheerleader" stuff...so unnecessary and childish really. Paired with the fact that it just isn't true, it diminished the contributions you've made to the thread, especially with the pics of your beautiful hand-built planes.

Where do you see people getting upset about other hobby shops and vendors being mentioned here? It's quite the opposite really, which makes me wonder if you're reading the same thread? There are at least 10 other vendors mentioned in this thread, none of which seem to spark outrage or aggravation. I do see we've now shifted to comments about the quality of cardboard, perhaps an indication the thread has jumped the shark (as was mentioned pages ago). It is ironic however when reading the posts where people mention other places to by from, nobody accuses the person of being a shill for that company. In most HK threads you'll see one vendor constantly used as a comparison, although other than selling rc stuff there really isn't a accurate comparison. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call into question the posters integrity by calling, or even insinuating they are shills, or even a "cheerleader". lmao indeed.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:01 PM
LDM

I agree Procia .
Joe I wish I had one good hobby shop I could drive to but we beat that horse dead so we dont need to say it again.
Top spin, the Chian corregated is very very cheap but that was not my problem with the P40 .
I actually bought the plane knowing that the spinner was a balancing nightmare and the retracts suck .
So I fixed the spinner and went with FMS 1700 mm Retracts ( very good for this application ) .
Hobby King parts support on RC planes is the worse in the industry but I got lucky with the P40 .
My parcel that was lost was two extra spinner and 8 propeller blades and that i all the parts I wanted .
The greatest thing about EPO planes is that they have 9 lives , I have repaied many to fly again and again .
The FMS planes ( not sold by Hobby King ) is really the best of the best in epo , I also have an LX 79" P40 , super easy to fly , going on three years of servace with no real problems.
The Fw was from Hobby King I did not buy it from them I bought it from Staramax , scratch build the struts , if the prop breaks I am screwed as HK is now selling this plane and there is no spare props .
The corsair is the FMS corsair , epo, 66" repainted in the John Glenn classic 51, a plane he was often photographed in , FMS retracts shown , they are some of the best value in eletric retracts
All interiors are scratch build as well as the sliding canopys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Views:	35
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	2042950   Click image for larger version

Views:	51
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	2042951   Click image for larger version

Views:	41
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2042952   Click image for larger version

Views:	45
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	2042953  
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2014, 12:37 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joebahl,
Are you looking for drama, or trying to drum it up? Again with the "cheerleader" stuff...so unnecessary and childish really. Paired with the fact that it just isn't true, it diminished the contributions you've made to the thread, especially with the pics of your beautiful hand-built planes.

Where do you see people getting upset about other hobby shops and vendors being mentioned here? It's quite the opposite really, which makes me wonder if you're reading the same thread? There are at least 10 other vendors mentioned in this thread, none of which seem to spark outrage or aggravation. I do see we've now shifted to comments about the quality of cardboard, perhaps an indication the thread has jumped the shark (as was mentioned pages ago). It is ironic however when reading the posts where people mention other places to by from, nobody accuses the person of being a shill for that company. In most HK threads you'll see one vendor constantly used as a comparison, although other than selling rc stuff there really isn't a accurate comparison. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call into question the posters integrity by calling, or even insinuating they are shills, or even a "cheerleader". lmao indeed.
Again i call them like i see them ! lol You and a couple other people here keep telling everyone that HK is the best thing since sliced bread . The rest of us for the most part know they sell junk and have bad customer service so again i call them like i see them and i did not say your chearleading name but happy to see you know who you are. lmao joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.