Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Duncman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PacificNWSkyPilot
Porcia - hehehe - you got me there. I'm nothing if not long-winded at times.

I could figure out HK's website, if I HAD to. If I wanted to deal with things like making sure I identify the page I'm on as a page from China or a page from the USA. WHY would anybody subject themselves to such BS? I work on medical equipment, and when that phone rings, what I work on MUST be fixed, because I'm the last guy they call, after everybody else has done their best and failed. I have to deal with websites like this all the time at work to access obscure parts and diagrams. I have to do it at work. Pardon my french, but there's no @#$%^&*() way I'm going to subject myself to more incompetence when I'm trying to wind down from a tough week by having some down time working on my planes.

I'll take Tower every time.

Scale only,

I already said that once I checked I saw that they didn't charge me. I also said that I could file a claim easily with PayPal if I had to.

However, nobody can give me a good reason why Hobby King pursued me with an email that essentially asked for payment for items in a cart I had cancelled. I had logged off the site and left. Hobby King had no business bothering me, PERIOD. THAT is what makes no sense.

If I had been shopping in Tower's site, they would simply have held the items in my cart, and when I logged in again, I could buy them or remove them. Simple. Sensible. No hassle.

Truthfully, HK kinds s*cks. Their website has all the functionality of stone knives and bearskins, and business practices like those I've described are questionable at best. Making customers sweat over whether they're on the correct web page is HIGHLY inefficient, HAS to affect their business, and years of legitimate complaints on every RC forum you visit tells the tale better than I can. It's been that way for many years now, with no end in sight. Three businesses all poorly run are still three poorly run businesses. The only reason there are three anyway is because they have to have three to operate within the law.

I'm sure Tower has no problem with it. I know how they feel. The guys who really don't know how to fix the equipment are good for my business too. Defend HK all you like. The proof is there to see.

No more responses to the trolls. I said what I have to say. My points are valid.

Jim
Oops, missed that part about not charging you also, as did Scale, Apologize. You are spot on with your critique of HK website and business practice and I also try and do most of my business with Tower, for all the same reasons, of course that has been said many times on this post. And I'm going to go ahead and run this risk of agreeing with you again, "no more response to the trolls". Good luck with your RC stuff.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:10 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Honestly I am very glad that you guys that post about the shady hobby dealers, it saves us that will listen allot of BS we don't want or need, I am batting a thousand with the online hobby store's I have dealt with, no hobby king here, and buying from RCU has been perfect for me, to the ones that take the time to share their experience with us, I thank you for sharing,
Old 08-08-2015, 11:14 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hairy46
Honestly I am very glad that you guys that post about the shady hobby dealers, it saves us that will listen allot of BS we don't want or need, I am batting a thousand with the online hobby store's I have dealt with, no hobby king here, and buying from RCU has been perfect for me, to the ones that take the time to share their experience with us, I thank you for sharing,
As you can see, hairy46, the one potential drawback to posting our issues on RCU is that all too often we post, expecting to find some help or a sympathetic ear, only to be set upon by the trolls.

Let's look at the name of the thread, the first three words are "Hobby King warning..." Now, I don't know about others, but I'd expect that those who are familiar with this thread are also familiar with at least some of the problems experienced by those who have shopped - or attempted to shop at - Hobby King. Call that a hunch, if you'll indulge me such a stretch of the imagination.

I have to chuckle when I think of the type of person who sits and waits for somebody to pick on, knowing that the unfortunate soul who walks through that door will already be down in the mouth about their experience with HK. "Yeah! Let's make them feel even worse! Let's intimate that they're stupid, and imply that they're incompetent! We can twist anything around to have some fun!"

hehehe... pitiful. And yet, it boggles the mind when we see just how many of them populate these forums.

Most of us are in here to visit with each other, help each other, and enjoy our time here. And sometimes, a single post can save another RCU member from making a costly mistake, or save somebody a bunch of time as they struggle with a tough build project. I've made videos to help with things like installing Robart Pin hinges, that sort of thing, to help the other guys. I get a lot of PMs from guys criticizing one aspect or another of the videos, but I also get PMs and mails thanking me, saying that it made their installation go smoothly. THAT is why we're here. It takes days to make a video like that, and I don't charge for it, so they're always free.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. They are always appreciated.

Jim
Old 08-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Duncman

As you can see, hairy46, the one potential drawback to posting our issues on RCU is that all too often we post, expecting to find some help or a sympathetic ear, only to be set upon by the trolls.

Let's look at the name of the thread, the first three words are "Hobby King warning..." Now, I don't know about others, but I'd expect that those who are familiar with this thread are also familiar with at least some of the problems experienced by those who have shopped - or attempted to shop at - Hobby King. Call that a hunch, if you'll indulge me such a stretch of the imagination.

I have to chuckle when I think of the type of person who sits and waits for somebody to pick on, knowing that the unfortunate soul who walks through that door will already be down in the mouth about their experience with HK. "Yeah! Let's make them feel even worse! Let's intimate that they're stupid, and imply that they're incompetent! We can twist anything around to have some fun!"

hehehe... pitiful. And yet, it boggles the mind when we see just how many of them populate these forums.

Most of us are in here to visit with each other, help each other, and enjoy our time here. And sometimes, a single post can save another RCU member from making a costly mistake, or save somebody a bunch of time as they struggle with a tough build project. I've made videos to help with things like installing Robart Pin hinges, that sort of thing, to help the other guys. I get a lot of PMs from guys criticizing one aspect or another of the videos, but I also get PMs and mails thanking me, saying that it made their installation go smoothly. THAT is why we're here. It takes days to make a video like that, and I don't charge for it, so they're always free.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. They are always appreciated.

Jim
Hear, hear, well said.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:58 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Duncman,

I'll look for your GSS in the GSS thread! Have you posted any photos of it yet? I know the guys in there would love to see it.

Jim
Old 08-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Duncman

Here is my Sportster, pretty straightforward ARF build. Was able to keep the engine fully cowled so I'm a bit concerned about cooling issues, will keep a close eye on it, might even spring for some CHT telemetry with my Aurora 9 transmitter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141126_100333_617.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	2113403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141126_100353_417.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	2113404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141126_100410_808.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	2113413  
Old 08-08-2015, 11:11 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Duncman,

Nice photos. Make sure you have a big opening in the cowl's bottom for cooling exhaust, and that the front opening will allow the wind to hit the cylinder. Rule of thumb; make the rear at least three times the area of the front hole. You can get some good indicators from the GSS thread. I'm sure I posted some good photos of my cowl openings to cool my Syssa 30CC. Sharp looking bird there. By the way, don't worry about the maiden. The GSS is an AMAZING flyer. It'll take off with 1/3rd throttle, and it handles like a dream.

I went with aftermarket landing gear on the front. I learned many years ago that under-wing gear tends to fold back on any hard landing and allows the pointy rear of the wheel pants to swing up and pop holes up through the wing. That style of gear is good at returning to position afterward - usually - but the holes - yeesh. And it's hard on the wheel pants themselves; if it doesn't pop holes, it usually breaks the pants loose so they rotate on the gear. Under-wing gear works okay if you don't have wheel pants. All you end up doing then is cleaning the tire rubs off the coating underneath. The most popular gear used by the other GSS guys is the GP Super Stearman gear. It fits well and looks nice. Adding gear means building a reinforced area in front of the wing for mounting them, of course, so it takes a little work. Good winter project. I used aluminum gear from a Giant Stik of some kind - never did know exactly what brand, but they're 4 inches wider than the GP Super Stearman gear. Bought them at the swap meet from my buddy Keith.

Whatever way you set it up, you'll fall in love with your GSS - from the first day I flew mine, it's been my favorite plane, hands down. One fateful day I flew mine through a high-tension wire I didn't see, which shredded it, and I rebuilt it back to perfect condition. You can ask anyone who knows me, Jim does NOT rebuild planes that crash, but I did rebuild my GSS.

I think mine looks fast and powerful just sitting on the workbench!

Jim
Old 08-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Duncman

Jim, Thank you for the compliment and for the advice, will be well heeded. My inlet vs outlet cooling ratio meets the 3X rule easily, in fact I could probably open up the inlet say 10% more and I'd still be in that area. I was surprised you mentioned the gear issue, the wing mounted version really looked very robust, I won't change it now since we have a 620 foot paved runway but will keep a close eye on it and at the first sign of an issue I'll make that change. On thing I may do before I maiden it is install wire braces on the tail feathers, I've heard they can flutter a bit, have you heard anything on this? I'll look for that thread, assume it is on RC Universe? Not worried about the maiden, with such a huge wing it should be a *****cat, I have not weighed mine yet but it seems light for it's size, my situation is simple, I have an illness called "model airplane hoarding", seems incurable, the prognosis is to fly many airplanes in front of the Sportster and either crash or sell them till I get to it, lately I've not had many crashes but I'm sure that is only a temporary phenomena.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:29 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this helps:
1) when you log into Hobby King and you must have logged in they have your email , passcode (foe there site ) and if you select an item from them they and they have the item of interest its saved in your basket.
2) It will go into a shipping cart for your conveniene not to steal, cheat , rob or use specail Santa Spy powers and hack your paypal, only Ebay allows that lol .
3)The cool thing about this feature is tha its saves your items of interst so that you can ( if you choose ) compare prices, shipping vs other items of interest in the manner that you actually did and finally purchased from Tower.
4) this feature is very good when shopping for tiny parts, servos and things that take time to find.
Again , never been hacked or cheated by Hobby King on Paypal , in fact never ever by any Hobby Site . The irony is that I have only been hacked on Paypay from useing paypal on ebay "AMAZNG when you think about that ! .
So now when I shop on ebay I use a prepaid gift card that is always limited too or near the amount we need for the transaction. This way they can not charge more then is in the gift card and that is usually only a few dollars so the hackers sales never goes thru
Old 08-09-2015, 05:57 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Ahhh, Duncman, then it's too late for you, you're already in the grips of the affliction! I've just finished my 36th year in this hobby; I've been through the "must have larger and larger planes, with exceedingly expensive components" phase. It wasn't pretty. I was cured of that cold-turkey, when somebody backed a truck up to my house in mid-winter when I was wintering elsewhere, and relieved me of all of them at once, plus pretty much everything else of value I had! Since they were gone, I set a limit on my planes at a maximum of 30CC size; still manageable, still large, but the components are reasonable, like using JR ST126MG servos at 1/8th the cost of some of the HD servos I'd formerly owned. And I put a limit on the number of planes I keep as well. That's a tougher one to stick to, but so far I'm staying within my numbers.

I wouldn't wait on flying the GSS. It's the best everyday flyer you'll ever find.

Sounds like you're having fun!

Jim
Old 08-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Duncman

Ahhh, Duncman, then it's too late for you, you're already in the grips of the affliction! I've just finished my 36th year in this hobby; I've been through the "must have larger and larger planes, with exceedingly expensive components" phase. It wasn't pretty. I was cured of that cold-turkey, when somebody backed a truck up to my house in mid-winter when I was wintering elsewhere, and relieved me of all of them at once, plus pretty much everything else of value I had! Since they were gone, I set a limit on my planes at a maximum of 30CC size; still manageable, still large, but the components are reasonable, like using JR ST126MG servos at 1/8th the cost of some of the HD servos I'd formerly owned. And I put a limit on the number of planes I keep as well. That's a tougher one to stick to, but so far I'm staying within my numbers.

I wouldn't wait on flying the GSS. It's the best everyday flyer you'll ever find.

Sounds like you're having fun!

Jim
You bet, put a fork in me, I'm done. Been a modeler off and on since I was about 8 years old so that would be about 1956 with control line, first RC in 86, things stayed light weight until about 04 and it has been a thrill, then I retired in 10 and oh boy. About 7 of us in my club got together last year and rented a 2,000 sq. ft. warehouse and made a build shop out of it, we mostly come and go as we please but try and get together every Tuesday to hone our lying skills, then I live 15 minutes from Lake Shasta, so I get my bass attacks in also, life's good.

I thought that my $800.00 fly rods was a premium with the thieving jerks (stronger words are held back for obvious reasons) but lately I guess the meth market includes RC gear also because we have an issue with that also. So sorry to hear that story, I hope you had insurance. You never come out of those kind of loses ever completely whole, at least you have an opportunity to manage your stable a little tighter, so I guess that is a bit of a silver lining to the proverbial cloud.

I found the GSS thread on RCU, very informative, that Stearman gear looks really cool, wished I had done that originally, I can see another order soon. Am sure that will become a primary flyer, but have decided to fly some disposables for now to hone my skills a bit more then fly Pylon racing this winter and use the Sportster, Big Bingo, and Taylorcraft in IMACC Basic events next summer, at least that is the plan, now.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:30 AM
Duncman

Originally Posted by LDM
I hope this helps:
1) when you log into Hobby King and you must have logged in they have your email , passcode (foe there site ) and if you select an item from them they and they have the item of interest its saved in your basket.
2) It will go into a shipping cart for your conveniene not to steal, cheat , rob or use specail Santa Spy powers and hack your paypal, only Ebay allows that lol .
3)The cool thing about this feature is tha its saves your items of interst so that you can ( if you choose ) compare prices, shipping vs other items of interest in the manner that you actually did and finally purchased from Tower.
4) this feature is very good when shopping for tiny parts, servos and things that take time to find.
Again , never been hacked or cheated by Hobby King on Paypal , in fact never ever by any Hobby Site . The irony is that I have only been hacked on Paypay from useing paypal on ebay "AMAZNG when you think about that ! .
So now when I shop on ebay I use a prepaid gift card that is always limited too or near the amount we need for the transaction. This way they can not charge more then is in the gift card and that is usually only a few dollars so the hackers sales never goes thru
The biggest problem I've had with their shopping cart is after you hit the first "continue" button you are committed to that shopping cart. HK has video's that show you how to modify them and/or delete them but I have yet to be successful, I end up either ignoring the order I decided I didn't want to make or creating a new cart with the desired mods made, leaving the original cart in the que with that silly "pay now" button looking at me. PayPal and E-Bay up until last month were the same company so they got into the habit of taking liberties with ones PayPal accounts. They have since split the two off and made them "Completely Different Companies"(?), my guess, to end some of that practice. Do not know, but would net be surprised if that was done to satisfy the SEC on potential Regulatory violations. When I first signed up for PayPal I did my research on their terms and conditions and also researched the internet for issues others were having. It became readily apparent that the wisest thing to do would be not only set up a separate account from my primary checking but do it at a completely different bank, and not just another branch, if you have 2 accounts same bank they both can be frozen so you are out of business until the dispute gets resolved, did my research on that also. I feed my PayPal as needed and if I have any issues that will hopefully be the only one impacted.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Checklst

I just send them a quick email and instruct them to erase the( pay now) I give the order number and a quick note of the purchase on another entry. They have always removed them fairly quick.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:12 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Duncman
The biggest problem I've had with their shopping cart is after you hit the first "continue" button you are committed to that shopping cart. HK has video's that show you how to modify them and/or delete them but I have yet to be successful, I end up either ignoring the order I decided I didn't want to make or creating a new cart with the desired mods made, leaving the original cart in the que with that silly "pay now" button looking at me..
All you have to do is hit the "View Cart" link again and it takes you back to the beginning,, right to your cart where you can edit quantities or delete things, That seems pretty simple to me
Old 08-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Duncman

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
All you have to do is hit the "View Cart" link again and it takes you back to the beginning,, right to your cart where you can edit quantities or delete things, That seems pretty simple to me
You know what, I tried that. Had a problem with my anti-virus, even turned it off, and it wouldn't let me go to "checkout", finally uninstalled it and installed another anti-virus and all was okay except that it would not accept the original order or modify it, had to re-enter the whole thing and I was able to check out. I just gotta say this, I'm glad you found it simple, you must be so smart.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:10 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I met a guy at the field this morning who gave me a few tips that are supposed to make it easy to get straight to the Hobby King warehouse of my choice. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll check it out later when I get a little free time. If it works, then it's just a matter of being aware of where to look.

Duncman, they'll steal anything you've got no matter where you live, now. Now, I have a big gun safe, bolted to the concrete floor and the wall, motion sensors in it, Wi-Fi home security with cameras and off-site storage of video footage. The recordings are stored even if they steal everything in the place. In a perfect world it would lead the authorities right to them. Last time people said they knew who did it, but they wouldn't tell, even when I offered a $5,000 reward. That's what happens when entire areas become infested with thieves and other such bad guys.

As for all these instructions - and arguments - about how to get in and get around HK, I think the best point I could make is that I don't think I've seen many threads around where people find themselves arguing about how to successfully navigate the Tower website and shopping carts.

Even so, I'll take another look at the site. I wouldn't want anyone to hold their breath waiting for me to have some revelation and suddenly decide that the HK site is great. But I'll give it another chance.

Jim
Old 08-09-2015, 02:34 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You know what, I tried that. Had a problem with my anti-virus, even turned it off, and it wouldn't let me go to "checkout", finally uninstalled it and installed another anti-virus and all was okay except that it would not accept the original order or modify it, had to re-enter the whole thing and I was able to check out. I just gotta say this, I'm glad you found it simple, you must be so smart.
Not super smart,, but I do have a talent for being able to figure things out. Sounds like you have computer issues that made it more difficult than it really is.

I will 100% agree, the knowing which warehouse your ordering from is tricky at first, but you quickly learn to look for the right warehouse icon. Many many people have complained about that over the years,. I agree that's something they should and probably could fix, that aspect of the site should not be so confusing.

good luck
Old 08-09-2015, 02:53 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Okay, Let's not get too rank here. I've already heard from the Mods, which means we're getting a tad out of hand.

If we were at the field, we'd be more cordial to each other. Sometimes we forget that when we're in here.

We shouldn't forget that.

Jim
Old 08-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Duncman

I met a guy at the field this morning who gave me a few tips that are supposed to make it easy to get straight to the Hobby King warehouse of my choice. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll check it out later when I get a little free time. If it works, then it's just a matter of being aware of where to look.

Duncman, they'll steal anything you've got no matter where you live, now. Now, I have a big gun safe, bolted to the concrete floor and the wall, motion sensors in it, Wi-Fi home security with cameras and off-site storage of video footage. The recordings are stored even if they steal everything in the place. In a perfect world it would lead the authorities right to them. Last time people said they knew who did it, but they wouldn't tell, even when I offered a $5,000 reward. That's what happens when entire areas become infested with thieves and other such bad guys.

As for all these instructions - and arguments - about how to get in and get around HK, I think the best point I could make is that I don't think I've seen many threads around where people find themselves arguing about how to successfully navigate the Tower website and shopping carts.

Even so, I'll take another look at the site. I wouldn't want anyone to hold their breath waiting for me to have some revelation and suddenly decide that the HK site is great. But I'll give it another chance.

Jim
Wow, $5,000 reward and folks still afraid of retaliation, think I'd do like you and take that money and put it into home security. I could be living in a nicer neighborhood so I worry about those things also, got a nice North River Jet Sled river boat with decent electronics and so far been left unmolested, knock on wood. Of course there are a couple of dogs that can make a ruckus from a stray coon on up and I also live behind an electric fence/gate so that helps. Camera's and such are in the plan, supplement other security hardware.

Yea, I've always got around HK's website okay and find their accuracy to be good to excellent but, like you said in so many words, you are always on point making sure you have the right selections made. Of course I have yet to have a return or wrong item sent issue, dread that nightmare when it happens, heard more bad stuff about that and I'm sure most of those problems are folks just not using a complicated site correctly. Tower and other vendor's websites are such a breeze and Tower is so good at correcting things and prices are very competitive, they just do not have the selection HK has.

Going to the AMA website and apply for a Event Sanction, plan to CD a Fun Fly open for everything from foamies to turbines, looking at middle of May. Might start a post on that and see what folks have to say, what do you think?
Old 08-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Duncman

Wow, $5,000 reward and folks still afraid of retaliation, think I'd do like you and take that money and put it into home security. I could be living in a nicer neighborhood so I worry about those things also, got a nice North River Jet Sled river boat with decent electronics and so far been left unmolested, knock on wood. Of course there are a couple of dogs that can make a ruckus from a stray coon on up and I also live behind an electric fence/gate so that helps. Camera's and such are in the plan, supplement other security hardware.

Yea, I've always got around HK's website okay and find their accuracy to be good to excellent but, like you said in so many words, you are always on point making sure you have the right selections made. Of course I have yet to have a return or wrong item sent issue, dread that nightmare when it happens, heard more bad stuff about that and I'm sure most of those problems are folks just not using a complicated site correctly. Tower and other vendor's websites are such a breeze and Tower is so good at correcting things and prices are very competitive, they just do not have the selection HK has.

Going to the AMA website and apply for a Event Sanction, plan to CD a Fun Fly open for everything from foamies to turbines, looking at middle of May. Might start a post on that and see what folks have to say, what do you think?

I see were you are in Tacoma, ever get down N. Calif. way?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:47 AM
topspin

Hey PacificNWSkyPilot, I have been to Tacoma more times that I can count, used to go TDT to FT Lewis and McCord all the time. Spent a couple of summers up there and I like the area summers are beautiful but fall and winter are just too dreary for me. I wonder where do you fly around there? Seems like there were trees everywhere and where there were no trees there was either houses, buildings, or water. Used to be a couple of good seafood restaurants in Point Defiance Harbor Lights and Katie Downs, do you know if it is still there? There was also a good Mexican place up on 56th street but I don't remember the name.

As for Hobby Kings website, I don't think it is particularly difficult but certain items of information seem to be obscured in the fine print. My only problem with them is their methodology for doing business is not customer focused. That's why Tower and other on line retailers are so good, they care about their customers. Hobby King on the other hand only cares about their customers money, I had no problem with them until I had a problem with them, now I shop elsewhere.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:25 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Topspin,

I don't know Point Defiance real well, because I don't have my boat finished yet. But it's a gorgeous area. Once I do, I'm sure I'll get to know the area, since it's the closest public ramp to me.

There are a few really nice fields not far from the joint bases. There are quite a few fields around; some are just adequate, some are really nice (and really high-dollar dues). I kept searching and found two nice ones nearby, with some nice members. I've been visiting the fields and I'm really looking forward to flying here. Come on up and visit sometime! It really is beautiful here. Yeah, it rains all fall and winter, but I'm from the deep-snow state of Maine, and I spent all last winter here and didn't shovel a drop of that rain! Being from Maine, I'm used to lots of rain, so it doesn't bother me. Once winter's over, the entire state looks like the Botanical gardens, everything flowers.

I think the Mexican place you're talking about is on Pacific Avenue. Great food, but I was in San Antonio, Texas for the past 7 or 8 years, so give me anything else to eat!

My efforts to get my models in the air were rudely interrupted today. I had a foot operation; they pretty much cut my foot in half (in two places) and put it back together with some changes, they "reconstructed" it so I can walk better in the future. I'll be laid up with it elevated for the next few days, and then I'll be on crutches for the next twelve weeks. I hope I don't sound too loopy here from the pain meds. Nothing too powerful, but I'm a cheap date when it comes to any type of pain drugs!

Jim
Old 08-11-2015, 06:57 AM
topspin

PacificNWSkyPilot,

Oww, that sounds painful. I hope that heals soon, never tried to fly on crutches but it doesn't sound like it's doable. Take the pain meds, they help you heal faster. So San Antonio, you must be AF. I also used to go TDY there as well to FT Sam and Camp Bullis. I was the Airborne and Special ops evaluator for the US Army for 18 years so I got around a lot, 1st SF is at FT Lewis. I also spent a lot of time at FT Hood evaluating command and control systems, logged a lot of hours in Texas.

Just might visit there next year, my wife has never been to Washington and I want to take her there. She will love Pike street market and of course the beautiful scenery around the Peugeot sound like Kent Island and Vashon Island.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:58 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Topspin,

Nope, I'm not AF but I sure knew a bunch of the guys who flew who were AF. Like you, I was airborne, thirty-something years ago. That also goes a ways toward explaining why my feet aren't perfect. I'm sure you understand all the implications from jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. All things considered, I've held up pretty well, so I'm not complaining. Much.

My wife and I love all the same places you listed here, and we actually moved here with the intention to retire here very soon. Puget Sound is such a pretty waterway, and my wife, who really is not a fan of boats, has started to become a bit excited about getting out there on the sound and tooling around to the local islands. I'm more about the fishing! This state's whole economy & reputation revolves around the massive amounts of salmon that migrate in, out, and around the waterways and rivers and lakes. In fact, this whole month is Salmon competitions all around Puget Sound and local waterways. I'll miss them this year, but I'll be ready and able from here on out.

It doesn't exactly have a whole lot to do with problems dealing with Hobby King, but it sure is fun to talk about!

Jim
Old 08-11-2015, 01:26 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay off of Hobby Kings site if you are highly medicated as it may actually start to make sense !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.