Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:48 AM
finnbh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!

I'm trying to solder my D-Run OMG Esc with a weller sp80n, I did the motor perfect, however now that I moved on to the esc I put too much solder on and it's not bridged between 3 of the posts and the post in the middle has moved slightly, I'm scared that I've broken it, I've tried using a solder sucker but it isn't really doing anything, what should i do?!

Old 08-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing you might try. Get some solder braid and some good rosin flux. Dip the braid in the flux, place it over the area to be cleaned and heat with an iron. The braid will suck up the excess solder. The secret here is to use a large enough wattage iron, get the heat on then off as soon as you see the solder being sucked into the braid.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:37 AM
finnbh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man it worked. I have another problem now which I will post again