Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

OMG RC esc and motor problem, help! #2

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

OMG RC esc and motor problem, help! #2

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:07 AM
finnbh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG RC esc and motor problem, help! #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRQFhATZ...e=youtu.be

Please watch whole video then reply, I've waited since April to have a fully functioning car after a broken motor, servo and esc, I finally have this and it seems broken again!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 AM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Holy Cow.
Bad solder joints so so close without insulation (heat shrink)
One the good side, nothing has smoked,......yet, and hope note.

I have been solder since a kid since early 60's. About 15 years past I took a ISO 9000 certificate course and it improved my percision skill quite a bit and was like about $30 for a whole semester at a local committing college.

I would look into learning soldering and at least moderate quality gear.

Jared
Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to be critical here as well. That ESC solder job is bad. I would venture a guess you have possibly shorted something or maybe over-heated something on the ESC when trying to attach that wiring. Some of those bare connections are danger close.
As far as what is connected to what I can't tell as the video is very shaky but you may have a receiver connection issue or possibly the transmitter is not bound correctly, or, or, or,...... Again, very hard to tell from the video.
Good luck.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:32 PM
finnbh

I'm not sure what to do, I know the joint are terrible but that's as good as I could get them with a whole days work, I don't know which way to do it, it's the best I could do with my weller sp80n with a 1cm tip.

Also the program box seems to have died on me, it turns on, the digits are faint then it just turns off.

Nothing has worked so far for me in this hobby.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 PM
finnbh

Also how the hell (sorry) do I make the connections no close together the posts are millimetres apart....

Also I've added heat shrink to ll of the connectors apart from the battery ones, this spaces them apart better.

Last edited by finnbh; 08-19-2014 at 02:12 PM.