Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Virginia Hobby Shops

Old 09-14-2014, 04:38 AM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia Hobby Shops

I recently moved from Texas to the Charlottesville, Virginia area. Are there any big hobby shops in the area as far as r/c planes are concerned? A shop that has planes hanging from the ceiling for sale and sells balsa, etc. for building? Maybe in the northern part of Virginia? And are there any area swap meets?
Old 09-29-2014, 03:58 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I live in Luray and my presently prime LHS is in Winchester - Hobby Hutt. It's a rather small shop that seems to deal with a bit of everything - not bad at all by today's standards.

https://www.facebook.com/hobbyhuttva
Address: 325 W Boscawen St, Winchester, VA 22601
Phone:(540) 723-4888

There WAS Hi-Tek Hobbies in Harrisonburg, but I think they've closed now.
[email protected]
2221 S. Main St.
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
540-433-3030

There are 2 hobby shops in the Warrenton area but I know little or nothing of them.

The Harrisonburg RC club holds at least one swap meet each year - http://www.vrcfc.org/

Hey, welcome to much more pleasant weather than Tx has. Been there, done that.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:46 PM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the information. I lived in Texas for 62 years and never got used to the heat. Glad to be here! I have a couple of planes I would like to sell and was hoping to find a hobby shop that would sell them on consignment. I did locate a nice small shop in Charlottesville. I guess I will have to wait until next Spring and catch the Harrisonburg Swap Meet.