Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HK Arkansas warehouse

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 05:19 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK Arkansas warehouse

I read in another thread on this site that HK now has a warehouse in Arkansas, so I checked with the HK website, and, sure enough, they say they have opened one in Arkansas but they do not say where in Arkansas it is. Does anyone know where in Arkansas the new warehouse is?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:33 PM
JollyPopper

Never mind, guys. It's in Jacksonville which is just a few miles north of Little Rock.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:51 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been waiting to try this warehouse out. Spent 30 minutes going through the inventory to make a bulk purchase in part for our holiday meeting giveaways, hit the "buy button", and poof...it error'd out! As I always do with bulk purchases I took a screenshot prior to hiting pay, so I remembered what I bought. Was ticked off at the time wasted, and didn't go back in yet. They seem to have a decent amount of stuff to start out with, and everything I selected had more than 10 items in it. The shipping charge seemed abnormally low, like around $20.00 for almost $500.00 worth of stuff (even some that were not light), perhaps that's what freaked out the order robot. Would be interested to see how fast they can move something out of there. I'm told they selected that location given the incentives from the state, and that it's a hub for Fed Ex, and good rail connections too.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:06 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would really like to see a picture of this Arkansas warehouse.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:33 AM
porcia83
Banned

I'm sure. What item do you have your eye on?

I heard it's really a P.O. box at Mail Box, Inc. I'll update the thread once I place an order and take delivery. Got to assume someone has ordered and taken delivery from there.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:35 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ya mean it's not a trailer in someones back yard?
Old 10-11-2014, 06:14 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
ya mean it's not a trailer in someones back yard?
Shhhhhh....keeps overhead down!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:46 AM
kdunlap
My Feedback: (12)

For what it's worth... I have placed three orders from the HK warehouse in Arkansas. Everything has arrived on time and in perfect shape. So I ordered two more batteries yesterday! They offer Fedex and UPS shipping. Tracking numbers fire up right away and I have had zero problems. Just make sure you are ordering from the correct HK warehouse on the website. Frankly, even if they are using somebody's garage, backyard, trailer etc... I don't care. It works.
Ken
Old 10-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by kdunlap
For what it's worth... I have placed three orders from the HK warehouse in Arkansas. Everything has arrived on time and in perfect shape. So I ordered two more batteries yesterday! They offer Fedex and UPS shipping. Tracking numbers fire up right away and I have had zero problems. Just make sure you are ordering from the correct HK warehouse on the website. Frankly, even if they are using somebody's garage, backyard, trailer etc... I don't care. It works.
Ken
Do any of your packages contain the warehouse address Ken? It may be possible to locate it on Google Earth and I wonder how it compares to the UK warehouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VgzhITYuq8

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-11-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:49 AM
porcia83
Banned

Is there a street address/physical location noted on the label, or a P.O. Box number. We're working on getting some pics of the warehouse.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by porcia83
Is there a street address/physical location noted on the label, or a P.O. Box number. We're working on getting some pics of the warehouse.
jinx
Old 10-11-2014, 08:00 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Modern Logistics is too much for some guys in TX to comprehend I guess

one of the possibles
http://smartwarehousing.com/

Sadly, No, you're not likely to find an old brick building with a Hobby King sign on it,, earth to you guys,,, it's not 1950 anylonger
Old 10-11-2014, 09:41 AM
JollyPopper

When I first heard that there was an HK warehouse here in Arkansas, I was hoping that it would be close enough to me to go look at it. But it is 150 miles plus each way and no assurance they would even allow folks in to look around if we were to go. I suppose there is no earthly way to contact them by phone. Even when they perform flawlessly (if that ever happens) there always feels like there is something not quite right with the whole HK set up.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

one of the possibles

Sadly, No, you're not likely to find an old brick building with a Hobby King sign on it,, earth to you guys,,, it's not 1950 anylonger
Although your area is supported by Ford, Jeep and other manufacturing-You are just a Board Meeting Vote away from looking like Detroit. There has been discussion of relocations
Old 10-11-2014, 10:04 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
When I first heard that there was an HK warehouse here in Arkansas, I was hoping that it would be close enough to me to go look at it. But it is 150 miles plus each way and no assurance they would even allow folks in to look around if we were to go. I suppose there is no earthly way to contact them by phone. Even when they perform flawlessly (if that ever happens) there always feels like there is something not quite right with the whole HK set up.
I'm not poking at you, I swear, I'd just like to understand that last sentence. They have a product, you order and get it, and are happy with the product. What feels off about that? I get that they're not everyone's cup of tea, and have some service issues, but if everyone gets what the want in the end, I don't get the angst?

I enjoyed watching the video of the UK warehouse. Not what I expected, for some reason I expected something way bigger. Really interesting nonetheless. And seeing Senior Hand in there as well. He commented about the logistics of it all, and I can only assume he's not telling the half of it. I thought the 3 month lag time was interesting too, from order to deliver to inventory and ready to sell. And that's when a product is already made and ready to ship from the manf, not even counting development and testing etc. He also mentioned one just opening in Russia. That should be interesting, and far more complicated logistically. Perhaps they are trying to dominate the world after-all. I'd like to see all of the warehouses just out of curiosity. I remember seeing some video of Stuart in Hong Kong discussing the lipo disaster from last year, and that too looked like a very different kind of warehouse layout. Tons of people and pallets etc, controlled mayhem.

I remember when the WA warehouse opened it was questioned if it was real or not. I do know that people were able to go there and pick their items up, but I don't recall ever seeing that anyone was allowed to take a look around. I wonder how many people are working there. Don't believe it was ever set up for retail operations, just to let local folks get their stuff.

I've wondered why they don't open up a retail front, and just sell even the most popular of stuff. I'm thinking they are doing good enough with the mail order, and don't need to hassle of doing retail in the traditional sense.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM
kdunlap

Smart Warehousing
1031 N. Redmond Rd
Jacksonville, AR 72076

This is what is on the label
Old 10-11-2014, 01:12 PM
kdunlap

Here they are
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	arknsas.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	446.8 KB
ID:	2039179  
Old 10-11-2014, 02:29 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would this be the "USA East" warehouse list on the website?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:25 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

I assume so, as I was crusen HKc and noticed the 2nd option of US east as Arkansas.

Some odd thangs in the pics.
I hope the loading docs angles is a camera distortion.
A dozen cheap cars.
Flagless Flagpole?

Jared
Old 10-11-2014, 05:04 PM
porcia83
Banned

one of the possibles

Well...you nailed it. Although, it is an older brick building, with a sign that says in part, "smart" on it.

Nothing fancy though. Then again, it's a warehouse so....
Old 10-11-2014, 05:11 PM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Google map shows a huge warehouse with a railroad spur ending right next to warehouse. If I were a major supplier of products looking for a location, this one seems ideal.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:14 PM
porcia83
Banned

For some reason I thought a big (or larger size) airport would be close by. Looks like a Air Force base is closest.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by jcstalls
I assume so, as I was crusen HKc and noticed the 2nd option of US east as Arkansas.

Some odd thangs in the pics.
I hope the loading docs angles is a camera distortion.
A dozen cheap cars.
Flagless Flagpole?

Jared
Maps on the iPad gives a broader perspective Jared.

Thanks for the address Ken,

Porcia, they tried the shopfront in Australia a few years ago and it was a disaster. I visited the stores in Sydney in Perth and was disappointed each time.

They had very little stock compared to the website, mainly LiPos and a few of the lower end radios, servos and kits, all at a significant mark up. Eg, a $29 battery online was $45 in the store.

The Sydney store closed down years ago and the Perth store still operates but not under the HK banner.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	2039210  

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-11-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:36 PM
porcia83
Banned

Wow..ya, that second view sure shows a lot more. Looks huge.

Not too surprised to hear about the stores not doing well. Doing the retail thing is tough. Interesting to see what the difference is price is too once an item is sold in a store. Wages, taxes, insurance, utilities, storage....why bother. I think their business model is best left to internet sales.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:47 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kdunlap
Here they are
Is there a blur on the sign - or is it my monitor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.