Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HK Arkansas warehouse

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 06:25 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rob, and great pic of more reality.
Oh, I don't use an I pad.

Jared

Last edited by jcstalls; 10-11-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added to clarrify tyhpoo
Old 10-11-2014, 06:47 PM
CafeenMan

That's my biggest gripe about Hobby King. Amazon and Tower keep my stuff in the shopping cart forever. Hobby King kills it off in a matter of hours. With hobby stuff I like to build up my cart over a matter of months and put stuff in the cart over time. And that's why I've never purchased anything from them even though I've put things in their cart a dozen times.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:28 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tailskid
Is there a blur on the sign - or is it my monitor?
it's intentionally blurred. I think they do that with commercial entities as they are not getting revenue from them. If you google the address though and zoom in you can see the names. Weird.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:22 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Surely we must have a modeler NEAR that site to go and take a look.....and don't call me Surely!!!!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:19 AM
porcia83
Banned

http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fVq4_HhBK8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-12-2014, 05:01 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by jcstalls
Oh, I don't use an I pad.

Jared
In that case try Google maps which is the same and works on any PC, Mac or Android device.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:35 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
it's intentionally blurred. I think they do that with commercial entities as they are not getting revenue from them. If you google the address though and zoom in you can see the names. Weird.
Short depth of field camera settings I guess,, we're all out of focus when they drove by my house, and they were only 60' away,, "Wave to the world"

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 10-14-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:11 AM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Google software blurs out faces, license plates, signs....and sometimes it misses things and
sometimes it blurs something out for no good reason.
My old pal Walt stopped in at Tower Hobbies once, they told him it was not in any way open to the public.
There is a store here in the Twin Cites that does a lot of Mail order and also has a retail operation.
It called Hobbyzone in Plymouth Minnesota. I have been there
and bought a Parkzone Wildcat from them a few years back.
I stopped in at Hobby Lobby (in Brentwood Tennessee, now Hobby Express) and the retail store is very small,
I think they probably do 99.5% of their business via mail order and the internet.
Hobby Zone:
http://www.hobbyzone.com/
Dave
Old 10-12-2014, 08:45 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Short depth of field camera settings I guess,, we're all out of focus when they drove by my house, and they were only 60' away,, "Wave to the world"
You can request to Google to blur your address, or even a partial part of your address for any reason. If you go to maps.google.com and put in my address you will see that it is blurred out. my address

310 nw compass
lawton, ok

why did I have my address blurred out?? I did it simply to get the steps down so that I could put out how to do it for my clients of my business. No other reasons. But for those that want to have their address blurred, or parts of their address blurred, here's what you need to do.

1. Find your address in maps.google.com
2. Open up your address in street view
3. At the bottom of the page you should see "Report a problem", click on this
4. This will bring up the page for requesting the image (or partial) blurring. it will ask the details for the blurring.
5. This can take up to a few weeks for it to happen, but eventually they will get around to blurring our your home from google street view.

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 10-12-2014, 09:58 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of our local flyers ordered some batteries from the "east" warehouse yesterday. Said the shipping was reasonable, so we'll so how the time for shipping is.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:54 AM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
When I first heard that there was an HK warehouse here in Arkansas, I was hoping that it would be close enough to me to go look at it. But it is 150 miles plus each way and no assurance they would even allow folks in to look around if we were to go. I suppose there is no earthly way to contact them by phone. Even when they perform flawlessly (if that ever happens) there always feels like there is something not quite right with the whole HK set up.
JollyPopper,
I did some searching for this warehouse in Arkansas because every year we drive down there to visit family. From what I found out, it is in Jonesboro. It would add 1 hour drive to our 19 hour drive if I decided to detour to it. So I got the brilliant idea of asking HK if they have a storefront like they do in their West Warehouse in California. Their response is no, it does not have a storefront like the West Warehouse, unfortunately. That would have saved me a ton of cash on shipping. But oh well, at least they are closer now.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:24 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Where in Arkansas do you have family? Maybe you could come and fly with us next time.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:48 PM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Where in Arkansas do you have family? Maybe you could come and fly with us next time.
I would love to. But we go around Hope, in SW Arkansas.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:49 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by RCKen
You can request to Google to blur your address, or even a partial part of your address for any reason. If you go to maps.google.com and put in my address you will see that it is blurred out. my address

310 nw compass
lawton, ok

why did I have my address blurred out?? I did it simply to get the steps down so that I could put out how to do it for my clients of my business. No other reasons. But for those that want to have their address blurred, or parts of their address blurred, here's what you need to do.

1. Find your address in maps.google.com
2. Open up your address in street view
3. At the bottom of the page you should see "Report a problem", click on this
4. This will bring up the page for requesting the image (or partial) blurring. it will ask the details for the blurring.
5. This can take up to a few weeks for it to happen, but eventually they will get around to blurring our your home from google street view.

Hope this helps

Ken
Huh??

If someone is viewing the street view of my house, they must ualready know my address
Old 10-12-2014, 03:02 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Huh??

If someone is viewing the street view of my house, they must ualready know my address
I was just replying to your post about your street view from google maps and pointing out that you can make changes to the view so that the entire world cannot see what the front of your house looks like.

Ken
Old 10-12-2014, 03:55 PM
BobbyMcGee

Originally Posted by RCKen
I was just replying to your post about your street view from google maps and pointing out that you can make changes to the view so that the entire world cannot see what the front of your house looks like.

Ken
Like this ... Good idea. Thanks for the info.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	310.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	2039480  
Old 10-12-2014, 05:20 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

HA HA....but you missed the address on the curb
Old 10-12-2014, 06:27 PM
scale only 4 me

Funny how words mean things,,, I was t thinking street number,,, you meant photo of entire house...got it
Old 10-12-2014, 06:49 PM
topspin

I'm sure the State of Arkansas gives some tax incentives for new businesses locate there as a way to boost employment. The Smart warehouse is a ;low overhead way to get space and I'm sure that particular one is shared with a couple of other enterprises, in other words, Hobby King don't occupy the entire building. Actually a better location from a shipping standpoint than Tacoma. Wonder how long it will be before they close that one.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:09 AM
porcia83
Banned

LoL...why would they close it? No doubt they got tax breaks and incentives to start in WA as well. It's gone from rumors that the warehouse wasn't real, to wondering when it will close? Guess business is up sufficiently to warrant two warehouses, who know, maybe even more. I'm surprised Texas didn't get one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/us...anted=all&_r=0

$19 billion in incentives per year, and they claim to have half of all new private sector jobs in the past 10 years in the US. $19 billion....wow.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:52 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

buy american f you cant get it here you dont need it
Old 10-13-2014, 05:37 AM
topspin

This is the Lakewood, WA location just south of Tacoma and right out the back gate of FT Lewis and McCord. It is
a small rent a space in a local industrial park and they really do use the UPS parcel service location as their drop ship point. They did that because the had a mailbox there and for years it kept everyone from knowing where they were really located. Note the is nothing that says Hobby King on the door.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hobby King USA Warehouse.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	2039706  
Old 10-13-2014, 06:46 AM
scale only 4 me

Why should it have a sign??
Why should thew allow the public in or at the warehouse?

It's a processing center not a retail store front. Very few internet business have a brick and mortar presence.

You're still trying too hard to spin something out of nothing,, stick with the crappy customer service angle,, that's a legitimate gripe,,, how they process orders is irrelevant.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 AM
topspin

Why should it have a sign??
Why should thew allow the public in or at the warehouse?

It's a processing center not a retail store front. Very few internet business have a brick and mortar presence.

You're still trying too hard to spin something out of nothing,, stick with the crappy customer service angle,, that's a legitimate gripe,,, how they process orders is irrelevant.
It's no secret that they have had some problems at the Lakewood warehouse, the New York guy publically admitted that. There have been a lot of complaints about taking as much as two weeks to process an order out of that particular warehouse so I suppose how they process orders is relevant and IS DIRECTLY TIED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Face it, it's a toy store that's run like a trinket store.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:34 AM
scale only 4 me

OK, speed of outgoing orders, Yes, legitimate complaint, but if there's a sign on the building or not? lame argument IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.