Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby King will cut your wire for you!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King will cut your wire for you!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 01:18 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the possible suppliers, but I had ordered from HK on several occasions before and got exactly what I expected. What was I supposed to do write a note and tell them how to do their job? In their "system" there is no opportunity to tell them how to do their job.

I agree that it was either the low man on totem pole that cut the wire, or a quantity packing inspector, or a training supervisor that never sold cut goods before, or a tech support rep that does not understand cut goods. Education??

How is it my in-effective communication? Bottom line is, I hope that I made enough stink that this does not happen again.

I would gladly order 25 meter rolls of wire if it was offered. The key to the argument is "each" vs "meter" if they offered
a.) 1ea -14awg red x 1meter
b.) 1m - 14awg red
I would gladly accept the 1 meter pieces if I ordered item a., when it is sold by length (item b) they cut it to your specific order. Should I have expected 1000 pieces of wire if I ordered 1000meters. I would be bloody upset that they ruined the wire.

This is all part of the uniform commercial code...commercial standards. Looks like a couple of people here need to learn about buying bulk.

Originally Posted by porcia83
Unless I missed the evidence portion of this rant/vent, so far there is nothing to show who is at fault, or for that matter if there is "fault". I'm banking on lack of effective communication.

Last edited by on_your_six; 10-25-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:05 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have to pull out my old UCC textbooks tonight. That concept and HK in the same sentence is funny.

Anyway, I never said you were the ineffective communicator. Overall, there was a breakdown somewhere. I see you bought there before and got what you wanted. You had an expectation of getting something, and clearly didn't this time. Did the item or item offering change from the last time, or was it the same item. Did you not read the item description correctly, I don't know. For some reason you don't seem to want to post up the item you bought. I don't know if you wanted a resolution to the problem, or just wanted to vent and have folks say "ya, that sucks!". It's doubtful that anyone one person does will make a difference in the way that they operate. Hopefully whatever you said/did makes it right. I listed alternatives to dealing with them, PP and the NY CSR.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:42 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Now this is too funny,, you can buy HK wire in TX??? Frank/Jim?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turnigy-Pure...item25977b59fa

Hook the man up
Old 10-25-2014, 05:50 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

hook him up to lethal injection or use that wire on OLD SPARKY!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:53 PM
PLANE JIM

Originally Posted by plane jim
hook him up to lethal injection or use that wire on old sparky!

hobbyking still sucks!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:06 PM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
hook him up to lethal injection or use that wire on OLD SPARKY!
Jim, only someone from Florida would know about Old Sparky. There are several posters on RCU and RCG that I would like to see go for a ride in Old Sparky..

Just kidding of course.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:37 AM
PLANE JIM

We also had a "Old Sparky" here at Huntsville Texas ! I think there was several states that used the electric chair that nicknamed it OLD SPARKY

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 10-26-2014 at 09:40 AM.