Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby King will cut your wire for you!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King will cut your wire for you!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 03:08 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hobby King will cut your wire for you!!

Well, I just received my order from HobbyKing East Coast (???) warehouse in Arkansas...

I ordered 4ea 3 meter lengths of 4 different types of wire.... I received 12 pieces of wire all cut into 1 meter lengths.

I guess I should be happy I did not order by the foot... I would have got 40 pieces 1 foot long.

Then dealing with them to get it replaced is ridiculous... I have been a customer for a long time, and defended them on occasion, not anymore.

I know it is just a dumb A.$.$ employee that made the mistake, but the help desk chat guy thought he was right and had to ask a supervisor.

What are the schools in Arkansas teaching?

Forget about getting any money refunded... they give you bonus points that you can only use on their website. 1 bonus point = 1 US dollar.

Venting over.

Last edited by on_your_six; 10-23-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:50 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by on_your_six
Well, I just received my order from HobbyKing East Coast (???) warehouse in Arkansas...

I ordered 4ea 3 meter lengths of 4 different types of wire.... I received 12 pieces of wire all cut into 1 meter lengths.

I guess I should be happy I did not order by the foot... I would have got 40 pieces 1 foot long.

Then dealing with them to get it replaced is ridiculous... I have been a customer for a long time, and defended them on occasion, not anymore.

I know it is just a dumb A.$.$ employee that made the mistake, but the help desk chat guy thought he was right and had to ask a supervisor.

Forget about getting any money refunded... they give you bonus points that you can only use on their website. 1 bonus point = 1 US dollar.

Venting over.
Hi Bill ,

The mistake , while almost comical , is just that , a mistake that proves the guy who filled your order has no clue about the product he's shipping . Sure , newbys gotta learn on the job and it's understandable , almost predictable , that mistakes are gonna happen with new employees who may not have the complete picture of how this stuff all works .Ok , so , that would be forgivable if not for the on purpose lack of , yes folks once again , CUSTOMER SERVICE ! What harm would it have done to HK for them to have just said "Very sorry sir , your proper uncut wire order will go out this afternoon" and then they keep a long time customer ? I'm sure they have a record of your prior purchases and so they must realize your a regular customer and not a scammer out to get some free wire ? So many keep telling how great HK is and yet one by one all the regulars keep getting burned . There really aren't enough RC hobbyists in the world that ANY company can afford to keep alienating folks the way HK does . I say this in all sincerity , I am sad to see yet another fellow hobbyist get a sour deal from HK , especially since our hobby is supposed to be fun rather than a crash course in which company will stand behind their employee's mistakes VS which will leave you with a bunch of cut wires and no real recourse .

Last edited by init4fun; 10-23-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:53 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any wonder why HK's customer service doesn't make the "cut " ?
Old 10-23-2014, 06:24 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Venting over.
Can we see an Item number??
All I see on HK site is items sold as 1m lengths,,, so correct me if I'm wrong

Do you really think when you order wire, some guys goes out and cuts the length to order?? No, its all prepackaged sitting in a warehouse ready to ship, you order 3 meters, that's 3-1m pieces

If you'd ordered it by the foot you would have gotten 40 pieces,, but I don't see where the sell it by the foot either

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 10-23-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:24 AM
raptureboy

Well as a Poppye would say "I stands all I cans stand, and I can't stands no more"
Old 10-23-2014, 06:30 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Well as a Poppye would say "I stands all I cans stand, and I can't stands no more"
A ggagagaa
Old 10-23-2014, 02:51 PM
on_your_six

If you look further on the HK site... you will find a statement that multiples will be shipped in continuous lengths when possible... I guess that means if you order 3000 meters they will ship full rolls.

I have ordered before, and got one full length from Wash State... not 1 meter multiples.... no the 1 meter pieces are not prepackaged... They came with uneven bundles tied together with rubber bands. They were hand made bundles of wire.

Last edited by on_your_six; 10-23-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:34 PM
scale only 4 me

o well you saved a lot of money,,, right??
Old 10-23-2014, 03:58 PM
steph69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
o well you saved a lot of money,,, right??
HaHa good one
Old 10-23-2014, 04:01 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

The last time I ordered from HK (6 years ago)was for wire and similar items. The wire was listed as it is now "priced per 1 meter" I ordered a quantity of (10) and received 1- 10 meter length.........not 10 - 1 meter lengths !

What worries me more is that HK outfits their highbrow employees with sharp shears! Hopefully cut wire is all you found in the box !

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 10-24-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:10 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Do you really think when you order wire, some guys goes out and cuts the length to order?? No, its all prepackaged sitting in a warehouse ready to ship, you order 3 meters, that's 3-1m pieces

If you'd ordered it by the foot you would have gotten 40 pieces,, but I don't see where the sell it by the foot either

Went into 8 random wire product offerings. All of them said (1mtr) in the product header, and then in the body of the ad, it said very clearly, 1 METER. I didn't see any that offered them by the foot, or in longer sizes.

Wonder if the workers in Arkansas are wondering what the schools in MD are teaching.

Guess we're headed in the right direction though, no "chicom" products/China taking over the world comments, just comments against US workers.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:20 PM
porcia83
Banned

Venting over.
Op, it's just not true that you can't get your money refunded, it just isn't. The bonus points is an option they offer, it's not mandatory. I've never seen one instance of that. All you have to do is file a CC complaint, or file a SNAD complaint with Paypal, and let the process work out.

Is there any chance you took the bonus points because you don't think you would prevail in a CC or PP dispute?

If you have the item number you purchased, and can direct the CC or PP person to the link showing the item you purchased was to be cut to order, and anything else in terms of a special request, or ack from HK on what you were getting, I'm confused as to why you wouldn't fight the issue? It's a slam dunk winner.

HK isn't in the business of fulfilling custom orders (as far as I can see), but there were comments in some of those item threads that indicated people had received larger than 1MT pieces, but also comments from support that said that wasn't something offered anymore.

Another option is to contact the NY CSR for HK, he's on RCG, and also on the HK forums. Looks like he takes care of most issues he gets involved in.

Good luck either way you go.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Checklst

Smile

Originally Posted by porcia83
Went into 8 random wire product offerings. All of them said (1mtr) in the product header, and then in the body of the ad, it said very clearly, 1 METER. I didn't see any that offered them by the foot, or in longer sizes.

Wonder if the workers in Arkansas are wondering what the schools in MD are teaching.

Guess we're headed in the right direction though, no "chicom" products/China taking over the world comments, just comments against US workers.
LOL holy cow............spilled my coffee.........I did just purchase qt 3 meters each of black,blue,red from hobby king china, because west cost was out at the time on one of the colors........I got 3 long 3meter lengths of wire....I guess the shipper in china understood what I ordered>>>>>>LOL.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:03 AM
steph69

I think you will find he was being sarcastic about the foot comment.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:07 AM
steph69

Op, it's just not true that you can't get your money refunded, it just isn't. The bonus points is an option they offer, it's not mandatory. I've never seen one instance of that. All you have to do is file a CC complaint, or file a SNAD complaint with Paypal, and let the process work out.

Is there any chance you took the bonus points because you don't think you would prevail in a CC or PP dispute?

If you have the item number you purchased, and can direct the CC or PP person to the link showing the item you purchased was to be cut to order, and anything else in terms of a special request, or ack from HK on what you were getting, I'm confused as to why you wouldn't fight the issue? It's a slam dunk winner.

HK isn't in the business of fulfilling custom orders (as far as I can see), but there were comments in some of those item threads that indicated people had received larger than 1MT pieces, but also comments from support that said that wasn't something offered anymore.

Another option is to contact the NY CSR for HK, he's on RCG, and also on the HK forums. Looks like he takes care of most issues he gets involved in.

Good luck either way you go.
you shouldn't have to wait ages to go through Paypal, Hobbyking should honour there mistake or are we saying it acceptable for a company to screw people over because its ok paypal will fix it.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:01 AM
on_your_six

Last edited by on_your_six; 10-24-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:03 AM
on_your_six

Yes I do expect it to be cut to length... I have ordered before and got full length pieces.

I am wondering about YOU. Are you really that dense? Have you ever purchased wire before? No it is no prepackaged... and it was done at the Arkansas warehouse, so what does that have to do with Maryland? 2 strikes... want to try again?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:28 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Checklst
LOL holy cow............spilled my coffee.........I did just purchase qt 3 meters each of black,blue,red from hobby king china, because west cost was out at the time on one of the colors........I got 3 long 3meter lengths of wire....I guess the shipper in china understood what I ordered>>>>>>LOL.
Hey, maybe the OP could order the same wires, and get what he wanted? Good to know your order with HK went through with no problems.

Originally Posted by steph69
I think you will find he was being sarcastic about the foot comment.
ya, I got that...

Originally Posted by steph69
you shouldn't have to wait ages to go through Paypal, Hobbyking should honour there mistake or are we saying it acceptable for a company to screw people over because its ok paypal will fix it.
Who is "we", and what's with putting words in "we's" mouth. And who said it was the companies mistake? Why should any company just do what a customer asks, just because they asked? There isn't a company out there that doesn't have a return/complaint policy, obviously some better than others. There have been plenty of rant/vent threads started by people who end up realizing later that it was THEIR mistake, not the companies. Like say ordering a backordered item and wondering why it didn't ship right away. Or ordering a battery from the Honk Kong warehouse, paying for EMS shipping, and then whining that it didn't come from the US warehouse. Ya, that's happened before. In that particular case, the battery was never offered in the US warehouse, and I offered to pay for the full order if the OP would show his order slip. Of course, he never came back to the thread.

So ya, sometimes it's not the companies fault, and I think it's fair to say they (any company) should be allowed to let the process work itself out. There might have been user error here, or perhaps bad communications on one either parties part, so far I don't see evidence either way. Of course the Op should get his money back asap if it was HK's fault, I don't see anything yet to show that. Do you?

PP and the CC companies are great backups for when the process doesn't work. And the NY CSR is yet another option. That's what I said, not we.

Ninja edit!

Rather than do that, or worry about Scale, why not file the PP complaint or get with the NY customer service guy. Your issue will be dealt with, and you'll most likely prevail and at least get your cash back.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:34 AM
beechdrvr

They give you a deal on connectors?!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:54 AM
scale only 4 me

Yes I do expect it to be cut to length... I have ordered before and got full length pieces.

I am wondering about YOU. Are you really that dense? Have you ever purchased wire before? No it is no prepackaged... and it was done at the Arkansas warehouse, so what does that have to do with Maryland? 2 strikes... want to try again?
Yes, I have, back when I raced trucks,, When I ordered it it came packaged in lengths,, actually 3', was from a well known USA vendor.

Anyway, It does surprise me that a warehouse would cut to length, always thought and expect they just pull from the shelves, that's why I said "correct me if I'm wrong", I guess it's possible they have a box with precut pieces, the "picker" pulls from and rubber banded them up for you.. So Yes I'd expect 1 meter lengths if ordering from them.

I didn't say anything against MD, so I don't know where that comes from, no need for the name calling and hostility.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:58 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Isn't Home Depot in Maryland?
Old 10-24-2014, 03:24 PM
on_your_six

Sure thing... Home Despot is here... can you talk them into selling silicon wire (it is the nice flexible wire that comes on most batteries)... that would be fantastic. Even the local electronics store does not carry it.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:37 PM
porcia83
Banned

Check out this place, they are about the best around here for all types of electronics and related items. Not always the cheapest, but they stock everything. If you find something and it makes sense cost wise, I'll ship it to you.

http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/

Try this guy too. He sells batteries mostly, but he might have a connection (ha..see what I did there) for wiring. His batteries are great, and since he custom makes them, he might have what you need in terms of wiring.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD][email protected][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 10-24-2014, 06:31 PM
BobbyMcGee

Venting over.
That's not Hobby King's fault. It's Arkansas' fault. You were dealing with someone that doesn't have a good education ... And probably the same guy in Customer Service was the guy that cut the wire to fill your order.
So you really had him confused.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:56 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
That's not Hobby King's fault. It's Arkansas' fault. You were dealing with someone that doesn't have a good education ... And probably the same guy in Customer Service was the guy that cut the wire to fill your order.
So you really had him confused.

Unless I missed the evidence portion of this rant/vent, so far there is nothing to show who is at fault, or for that matter if there is "fault". I'm banking on lack of effective communication.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.