The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Aviation TV

Old 11-18-2014, 10:30 PM
isoexcite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Aviation TV

Hi all,

I am new here and an avid builder of plastic models as well as R/C aircraft.

I'm also the chairman of our local flying club.

Thanks for welcoming me and I hope to learn something from you folk!

I also have a quick question - I hope this is the appropriate place to ask - apologies
in advance if it is not.

Soon I will be the proud owner of an Internet aware TV.

Being an aviation "enthusiast", I often find there is not much available on satellite TV where I live, other than the odd aircrash investigation or something.

The internet however has a lot of stuff out there.

I was wondering if anybody knew of an internet TV channel which might be available out there dedicated to aviation?

I'm happy to pay a bit of "dollar" if need be, so long as the content is filled with decent documentaries...

I've tried searching, but all I can really come up with is a lot of stuff on youtube - which is a minefield to navigate to what I want.

I'm looking for something dedicated to aviation.

Anybody?
Old 11-19-2014, 02:51 AM
isoexcite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the responses and suggestions guys - much appreciated!...

After some poking around beyond the usual places, for those interested, I stumbled across this below, which I thought was great!

(Especially nice because it also comes over nicely on my smartphone so I can watch it while in bed - as long as I use the headphones to not disturb my wife!...

I will stick with this for now, almost exactly what I was looking for:

www.aviation-tv.com
Old 11-19-2014, 05:33 AM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by isoexcite View Post
Thanks for the responses and suggestions guys - much appreciated!...
A member of the "instant gratification" crowd , eh ?

Just so you know , cause I see your new around here , sometimes it can take days or even weeks for a post to see further activity , and so going a couple of hours without a reply really ought not to be taken as some kind of insult . Let me tell ya , we get folks here all the time who will sign up brand new with a question of where to find some RC related service or another , and then a few hours later post up about the greatest thing they found , as a bit of free advertizing for something in which they themselves have a financial interest . I do wish you well with your endeavor , and remember , the honesty of just coming right out and saying "this is my Utoob channel , give it a look" rather than playing the "look at the great site I found" game , may just be the thing that puts YOUR channel above all others ......
Old 11-19-2014, 06:25 AM
isoexcite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Er....sorry if it came out a bit wrong "init"...my apologies...had to have a chuckle at your comment.

I really am a "domkopf" it seems!

Thing is, I have actually asked this question on a few forums I belong to.

When I found an answer (of which there are many), as well as a lot of suggestions on other
forums, I did in fact just "cut and paste" my response here from a different forum, and put it here
for others' benefit as well....

But I do agree that having done that, it sounded like I was trying to be "funny" with my first comment of "thanks for the responses..."...

I should have read the flow of it a bit more to avoid that.

Apologies.

Just so you know, I have no financial interest either, in what I found.

Another good one was this as well:

www.theaviators.tv

(I have no financial interest here either...just so you know...

But I found I had already seen them all on my satellite TV a while ago, so they weren't quite what I was looking for.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:55 PM
isoexcite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A little update on this lot.

I liked this thing so much, and being a software engineer, I was intrigued...

So I tracked down the owner who developed it. He was only half-interested and did it more as an experimental thing
than anything else - turns out I actually studied with him many moons ago.

Bottom line is, I did a bit of a "deal" with him, because I believe in it's prospects...

I am now the owner of this thing.

So like any good politician, I am now declaring my vested financial interest in it, and I've got some bigger plans for it.

If you think this thread is no longer appropriate mods because it is now seen as advertising - please remove it,
but I thought I should inform everybody.

If not, great, as soon as it begins making some money (it hasn't yet), I will need to start donating and/or advertising on here...for sure...

Actually quite excited about it.

Started a Facebook page for it yesterday - was amazed at the positive response.

If you're interested:

www.facebook.com/aviationteevee

Hoping the gamble will pay off....

The current business model is that if one registers, you can watch anything and everything for free for 2 weeks, then an annual subscription will cost you $ 15 USD. Haven't made any money from it yet, but I guess if it picks up momentum, I will need to come back here and a few other places and begin paying for some adverts...