Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RC Universe changes its policy considering Flying Giants.

The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC Universe changes its policy considering Flying Giants.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:37 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RC Universe changes its policy considering Flying Giants.

Over the years many of our members, and guests visiting our site, have noticed that whenever the words Flying Giants were typed out in regards to the website in text or in the URL of their website our language filters would kick in and the resulting URL would read something like this; https://www.****.com . I can not tell you how many times I have had members send me a PM or complaining in the open forum about this happening. To make a long story short, in the long ago history of RCU and Flying Giants when FG was getting up and running they had a group of their members come to our forums and flood out our forums with posts trying to direct traffic to their new website. We actually took the high road and contacted and asked to them to please stop this, but it didn't happen. So we decided that the easiest way to stop it was to just put Flying Giant into our language filters list and then it was done, no matter what a member put into their post the filter would pick it out. We gave them amply opportunities to correct themselves before we took actions as we would have preferred to not have had to done what happened. If one were to look we allow posting of links to most all of the other RC related websites with no problems at all.

Recently there was a post here in The Clubhouse where a member to RCU that we needed to pull our "man panties" up and allow the posts to Flying Giants. While I didn't really like the way he went about delivering the message I did get the message. I took a hard look at how long our policy has been in place and if it really was needed any more. And in all honestly it's silly for us to keep a policy like that in place any longer. Flying Giants isn't going to come over here and start spamming our forums again as they are much too professional for that now and that's not the way the are going to play the game, and we are too professional to block out links to a site like Flying Giants any more. Our rules have always allowed the posting a link to another RC site if it provides information for the subject being posted in the thread it's posted in. And that's our #1 goal here at RCU, taking care of our members. If they can get the answer to a question on Flying Giants then we don't want to be ones to stand in the way. In all honesty we know that we're not going to stop the member from going over to FG to get the info, all we are going to do is slow them down and then get them upset with us for doing that.

So with all that being said, all the language filter blocks regarding Flying Giants website have been removed. We hope that the helps to better server our members.

Please let me know if there are snags that are discovered concerning the removal of these filters.

Ken
RCU Forum Manger
Old 11-28-2014, 10:06 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Ken, long time no see!

I've got a snag. express*********.com keeps getting blacked out. E X P R E S S R C H O B B I E S . C O M is the URL.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:26 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by collector1231 View Post
Hey Ken, long time no see!

I've got a snag. express*********.com keeps getting blacked out. E X P R E S S R C H O B B I E S . C O M is the URL.
That's because they were also entered into our language filters for the same reason that Flying Giants was initially put in there. And unless I can be given a justifiable reason to remove them they will stay our language filters. I've said this many times, and I'll say it again. RCU does not mind a company or small business in the RC hobby coming into RCU and using our forums to advertise their business. However, they need to do so within our rules. And all members that do violate our rules on this are always given multiple warnings about their behavior so they do have ample opportunities to change their ways before I place them in our language filters. So when it happens to them it should not come as a surprise because the will have been warned that's going to happen if they don't change the way they are acting. So it's all on them to stay out of trouble.

Ken
Old 02-09-2015, 11:51 PM
kkittylin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you for sharing.It is uncertain how far along Impose is in speaks with Warner Bros. FIFA 15 Coins Buy RS Gold
Old 02-09-2015, 11:54 PM
kkittylin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you for sharing.It is uncertain how far along Impose is in speaks with Warner Bros. FIFA 15 Coins Buy RS Gold