Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Greybeard1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think some things will improve under the T-rump, but only if your income is over the million dollar mark. The rest of us will be told how good it is, while he chips away at what's left for us, such being rethuglikkklan history. Just look at the "glorious record" the GWeeB left. Such a wonderful legacy.

Rich.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:05 PM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your hair might improve !
Old 01-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Greybeard1

Originally Posted by the pope
Your hair might improve !
What's hair?

Rich.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:27 PM
the pope

Join the club
Old 01-03-2017, 06:02 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Well at least he isn't in to run, but to work. I have hopes that being a non-politician that something can actually be accomplished. Of course the dumbocrats will be doing everything they can to block him because their POS candidate lost.(did they really think that a lying murderer would get elected with all the scandals?) And of course the current fool in office is trying his hardest to make things even worse with this latest fake news about russia and the elections. Come ON give us a break, your party lost, move on! If you had run a decent respectable candidate, we wouldn't have Trump now!

I'm with you Donny, I want Congress to wake the heck up, and earn their paychecks, Get this country back on track, get our economy moving again and stop all the fake news and lies that have been going on the past decades! Saying the economy is improving is a lie, I work for a retailer who has had a below predicted sales this year, and we thrive during Christmas season. It isn't what we sell, its the economy!
It is plain to see we do not agree on this matter. non the less I pray for the best.

This isn't the place for a opinion party And I am disappointed by the name calling. the "PARTY" that lost is not a football team or such and it is not a competition to be won or lost for we all will be affected by the decisions of our leaders.

I could write a encyclopedia in responses ...instead I will suffice it to say "there are none so blind as those who refuse to see"

This matter is closed!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:31 AM
harcosparky

Originally Posted by rt3232
well with hope things may get better, they can't get much worse. the biggest thing I would like to see is term limits on congress 3 terms max and they only get 15% on leaving with the same med we get another thing that would be great it to NOT allow any lawyer be elected .
But I know that's just wishful thinking..

Cheers Bob T
I hear this a lot from people " I would like to see term limits on Congress "

We already have them, but Americans do not want to enforce them.

United We Stand .... Divided We Fall !!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:42 AM
harcosparky

Originally Posted by donnyman
And I am disappointed by the name calling. the "PARTY" that lost is not a football team or such and it is not a competition to be won or lost for we all will be affected by the decisions of our leaders.
Far too many people see this as a game called Us vs Them .... dem vs rep, liberal vs conservative.
Those are the people who engage in the name calling.

We have been divided so that we can be controlled.

People need to wake up to the fact that .....
" US " = We The People
" Them " = The Government

So long as the American people continue doing what they have been doing for so long, that is electing/re-electing experienced politicians, nothing will change.

When Americans wake up and UNITE ... go to the voting booths and start firing ALL INCUMBENTS things will begin to change.

Want to reduce the effects of big money/special interests????? Then reduce the number of incumbents in office to ZERO.

Big money always goes to those in office the longest ...... if we prevent incumbency, then big money won't know who to pay off.

I am NOT a Republican ..... I am NOT a Democrat ...... I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN who only wants to see my government back where it belongs in the hands of WE THE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!

< Climbing down off my soap box >

Sorry for the rant !
Old 01-03-2017, 09:43 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

On term limits the politicians came up with every excuse not to have them but we passed them any way in our state. It has helped in turning over the office holders but it didn't go far enough. Unless you add spending limits for elections and put restrictions on lobbyist nothing will change. Things are to the point the office holders, regardless of party, spend all their time raising the obscene amounts it takes to run and they let the lobbyist write the legislation for them. The voters are just as guilty, their political opinions and positions are sacred cows with no room to even listen let alone consider the opinion of someone else. Either you are in locked step or you aren't a patriot or some other insulting name. As long as compromise is a dirty word or putting the good of all Americans first not just the ones that agree with you nothing can change. You the voter are just as much the problem as the idiots you keep voting for. As long as an incumbent including the ones you agree and vote for have a 90% chance of getting re-elected while sitting their hands nothing will change. Someone just mentioned their outrage the Democrats, while calling them something inappropriate, will try to block Trump from doing anything; well you condoned the Republicans doing the same thing to Obama so if you don't like it blame the guy you see in the mirror your attitude gave them your permission. Before you complain how bad things are and how its the politicians fault, Republican or Democrat, take a good long look at your own positions, when you take the same attitude or display the same conduct, its your fault they follow your example.. Something can't be right for one party and not the other party. If you condone improper conduct in your party you have no right to condemn the other parties or independents. You reap what you sow! Politicians are like small children, they are little tape recorders, you spout inflexible opinions, you call names, you shout down someone with different views well you are giving them permission to do the same. Like I said you don't like the way politics is working, what is going on take a good long hard look in the mirror and you'll see the instigator, blame him.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:15 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

For the record, I am neither party and did vote out the incumbents that I could. Mark Kirk, bye bye, you failed this country. Democans and Republicrats. Makes no difference, both are lying corrupt parties that are in it for their next election. It wasn't just the repubs that blocked Ob, he had full majority for 2 years and his only accomplishment was destroying the health care system. I did not get to keep my doctor, and lost my halfway decent healthcare. Now my out of pocket is $12K a year before insurance kicks in. To top it off the ACA screwed the system so bad that one doctor visit creates 10 account numbers with separate billing parties and if you miss one 30 day payment you get nailed on your credit report and can't get it off even IF the screw up is on the accounting side! I lost 80 friggin points on my credit score because they got the accounts wrong, paid one account, then paid it again, even though the correct account was on the bill, then they refunded the money back, and by the time they found the error it was too late. Multiply that by several different doctors and you can see how frustrating trying to keep track this can be. I never had this problem until after the ACA was put into place.

AFAIC they should all be removed from office and be replaced. They are all worthless, but there are too many stupid people who keep voting them back in, while at the same time, no worthy candidates to run against them(Trump is a GREAT example of this!). Problem is all the smart ones who could do something to fix this failing nation are too smart, or did too many drugs (lets face it, some people who would be good for this have been known to do drugs, George Carlin comes to mind) to want to go up against the media.

IL is run by one man, Madigan, how the heck has he remained in office 30+ years?!?! The vast majority of counties vote against him, but Crook county over rules them all! People are leaving IL, Wish I could, but stuck here with a house I owe more than it's worth, value keeps going down, but taxes keep going up, how is that possible?

Lets just say I am very frustrated on how the government is raping us with taxes, and then wasting them on programs that go nowhere, while our infrastructure is falling down all around us, all the while the media covers up the corruption and lies, while misdirecting. The Education my kids are getting is horrid, this Common Core crap has to go, and they need to start teaching real history again, not pick and choose based on their opinion history either, real history. My only hope is that with the Executive branch being run by workers and not professional candidates, something will get done about it.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:43 PM
FlyerInOKC

I know what you mean on infrastructure, in my own city they use 10 year bonds to supply the funding for infrastructure repairs paid back through property taxes.The bonds are coming up for renewal this year and they are looking in the range of $800+ million, previous bonds were between $600 - $700 million for that kind of money you would think we would have fantastic street, guess again!
Old 01-03-2017, 01:19 PM
donnyman

I just can't resist

Let's face it "Obama care" as it is called isn't perfect and many want it appealed.......... it's been many years since it was put into affect you would think someone would come up with a better program, especially those that want it gone, but not one suggestion has been proposed, not even a improvement that would make it better. if they can't come up with something better after all this time they need to shut the h... up!

Congress is now gearing up so maybe something good will happen ......(I ain't holding my breath)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Greybeard1

My two cents on the parties, never, as long as I can remember, have two worse possible candidates made it to the ballot. The choice this time was horsecrap or bullcrap. If that's the best that either party can come up with, there is something definitely wrong with this country and our education system. What scares me this time, the T-rump will have a congress that will simply bow to anything he wants, give him everything, don't challenge him on anything. This is not how our system is supposed to work. We have the least productive congress this country has ever known now, and it will only get worse. These guys need to be told to do something for the ridiculous amount they get paid, or get the hell out of the way. Preferably out of the way and let someone with a brain in. I'm not proud of any of the people Wisconsin put in office again, but one vote means very little.

Rich.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:01 PM
harcosparky

Originally Posted by Greybeard1
We have the least productive congress this country has ever known now, and it will only get worse.

Rich.
As long as we continue to send experienced politicians to Washington DC, you are correct.

The only way to reverse the trend is to send in people who have never held office before ....... over and over and over again !!!!

Originally Posted by Greybeard1
but one vote means very little.

Rich.
If you tell five people, and tell them to tell five people and also to instruct those five to tell five and so on ....... you one vote could turn into 1,0000's.

Please don't tell me I am foolish in thinking that because in the past, in resistance to legislative initiative I participated in such an even and we prevailed against the local government.

Once they saw the opposition in front of them, thanks to word or mouth ...... the quickly backed down from their insane proposal.

Yeah, grass roots efforts really do work.

Best part of that entire fiasco ....... even though they backed down, those behind the proposal were booted out of office anyway ..... just in case.

One vote is only one vote, and it may be meaningless if it stays silent and does nothing but go into the voting booth !!!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 04:42 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by harcosparky
I am NOT a Republican ..... I am NOT a Democrat ...... I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN who only wants to see my government back where it belongs in the hands of WE THE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!

I think before the moderation staff steps in and asks for the political discussion to stop , I'd like to take a moment and give this statement a high five . In fact , I 100% agree with the entirety of the post , but this statement alone really stood out as being the way things should be .

Just when DID they go from being "public servants" to being SO well served by us , the public ?
Old 01-03-2017, 05:14 PM
the pope

I like how they knife the poor and disadvantage meanwhile here in Aus at the same time there sending empty jets from one side of the country to the other side to pick up a polly for some meaningless snout in the trough junket . They whine when the average Joe gets a $10 per week pay rise while they get a $5000 p/a rise and then have a hide to say its not our doing its a independent tribunal that decides . My advice get what u can from the A/holes cause thats what there doing and there better at it then we could ever be .
Old 01-03-2017, 05:18 PM
acdii

As long as we keep it civil, and I feel we have., and that it is in the clubhouse, I don't think the mods will be too aggressive. After all, we are just a bunch of old farts discussing our disgust.

The one problem we have GB1 is that to be able to use that one vote proficiently is that we would need a candidate worthy of it, and That is what needs to be fixed. Unfortunately both parties have their hooks in the primaries, and the money to make it hard for the average Joe to step in and run.

If we can take away their money, then we can see real change happen in who we can vote for. Add in real term limits along with reduction of their pay and pensions, and other perks us average citizens or military don't get, then change can happen. Why should these pollyticians make the kind of money and receive the kind of perks they do when they are not putting their lives on the line, and those that do are paid less than minimum wage, and get horrible health care?
Old 01-03-2017, 06:02 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

As long as we keep it civil, and I feel we have., and that it is in the clubhouse, I don't think the mods will be too aggressive. After all, we are just a bunch of old farts discussing our disgust.

The one problem we have GB1 is that to be able to use that one vote proficiently is that we would need a candidate worthy of it, and That is what needs to be fixed. Unfortunately both parties have their hooks in the primaries, and the money to make it hard for the average Joe to step in and run.

If we can take away their money, then we can see real change happen in who we can vote for. Add in real term limits along with reduction of their pay and pensions, and other perks us average citizens or military don't get, then change can happen. Why should these pollyticians make the kind of money and receive the kind of perks they do when they are not putting their lives on the line, and those that do are paid less than minimum wage, and get horrible health care?
I have always believed the same thing acdii , take the money out of it and the corruption would stop . I had hoped the one thing I'd have seen in my lifetime would be the outright elimination of any forms of "PACS" , political action committees , whereby any politician's vote is for sale for those rich enough to buy it . Just imagine if they had to truly vote to do what's right for the majority rather than getting paid to vote how the deep pockets want things to be .
Old 01-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Greybeard1

I think, if one looks into the hallowed founding fathers, he will find they were not the average joe kind. They were for the most part, wealthy, educated, but with a goal in sight. They did much that history has proven was the best way, the did some which hindsight shows it was a mistake that was never corrected. My own thoughts now, those that go to school for Poli Sci, are looking at the easiest way to become filthy rich at the expense of the general population. We coddle, protect, and overpay politicians, and as a result we have the best government that can be bought, and it is. Daily. I would not be surprised to find there is not a single politician that isn't in someone's pocket, although they'll deny it as if they weren't. If we look at our massive debt, it takes a complete fool to think there is any way to pay that down except through the same source they say they're watching over, taxes. Well, if you want things, they have to be paid for, and taxes are the only way our government has to raise money. I don't like it, nobody likes it, but it's hard fact, the population is the nations purse. And I agree, throw them all out, replace every one of them, and the first time one of the new ones bases his campaign on special interest money, make sure he can't ever run again for any office.

Some complain about roads, and there's no doubt our infrastruture is in pathetic condition. We all realize, that until there are major disasters that effect commerce adversely, none of them will even be looked at. And then, the costs to make the necessary repairs or replacements will fall on the people, the businesses will be given a "get out free" card. That's happened too much, and for too long. Who pays in the end? The people, but only those that aren't in a position of influence. Which has to be removed as well. The perversion of our government isn't hard to see, it's just impossible to correct.

Rich.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Joe Fisher
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIh15oEjr20
Old 01-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Greybeard1

Originally Posted by init4fun
. I had hoped the one thing I'd have seen in my lifetime would be the outright elimination of any forms of "PACS" , political action committees , whereby any politician's vote is for sale for those rich enough to buy it . Just imagine if they had to truly vote to do what's right for the majority rather than getting paid to vote how the deep pockets want things to be .
Make them all use the Proxmire campaign funding method. Maybe goes over most people now, but he held his office by the feet on the concrete method. I don't remember exactly, but if he spent anything on campaigning, it was minimal. Bill hit the streets, met the people, listened to them and acted accordingly. Hated by the special interests, loved by the people. Probably the last one of his kind.

Rich.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:54 AM
donnyman

I hear you!

you have voiced your opinion but more importantly you did it without stepping on my toes ...and that I can respect.

Sometimes it isn't easy to keep a civil tongue when a situation hits your soft spot, but We can say what we feel without belittleing others (it takes effort) and your opinion though not necessarily in agreement with mine is very important and needs to be heard. Your opinion can and does spark thoughts in others and many good things can come from it. The blending of thought is a powerful tool and we as old timers have a oportunity to show the rest of the world how it should be done, this thread you have contributed to is proof of that fact.

In this new year let's try to say what needs to be said ...PRO or CON with the respect and understanding you and your brothers and sisters deserve. you remember.......................................... ...........

......................."DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU"

For the most part with few exceptions it has worked here and I would like to see it continue.

I will now step down from my soapbox but I reserve the right to return!

Now don't forget how our news media has fouled up this nation with it's bias and twisted truths.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:03 AM
acdii

Now don't forget how our news media has fouled up this nation with it's bias and twisted truths
On this I am sure we can ALL agree on! Right guys?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:40 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
Now don't forget how our news media has fouled up this nation with it's bias and twisted truths.
On this I am sure we can ALL agree on! Right guys?
It's why I'm grateful the Washington Post published the 200 Russian fake news sites. Now I know where to go to get the right news.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:53 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
It's why I'm grateful the Washington Post published the 200 Russian fake news sites. Now I know where to go to get the right news.
Hey, everyone can use a good laugh now and then!
Old 01-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Greybeard1

Just to move away from the filth of politics, ordered a Phaeton 90 yesterday morning. Just rolled the plans up again and put them back in the box. Future project.

Rich.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.