Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:40 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Here's a laugh on me guys. When to optometrist recently to have my eyes tested and when getting the new glasses fitted I asked the clerk who I have been dealing with for quite a few years if the lenses were the new style of bi-focals, to which she smiled and said "Mr Hanson you have been wearing tri-focals for several years now".....that really made my day.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:52 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by karolh
Here's a laugh on me guys. When to optometrist recently to have my eyes tested and when getting the new glasses fitted I asked the clerk who I have been dealing with for quite a few years if the lenses were the new style of bi-focals, to which she smiled and said "Mr Hanson you have been wearing tri-focals for several years now".....that really made my day.
You must have gone to the no line progressive lenses I have had them for years, still can't decide if I like them.

Originally Posted by the pope
That guy in the vid is my hero .
I thought you would like those Pope, he's a hero of mine too!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:08 AM
karolh

Originally Posted by RCKen
I blame my optometrist. It's absolutely all his fault. I never needed any glasses when I was working on my planes until he went and prescribed reading glasses for me. Then after that I had to have them whenever I was working on anything on the modeling board. Heck, it even extended to when I was cooking, programming a radio, even reading a magazine on the toilet. It's all his fault, yes it is. My eyes were perfectly fine up close until he went and did that!!!! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!

Ken
This sounds almost identical to my story too....by the way, what's the name of your optometrist ??
Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 AM
FlyerInOKC

Talking Why I don't want any appliance that connects to the internet or a smart phone!

This says it all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Why I dont like smart devices.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	2216859  
Old 05-25-2017, 09:29 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Stop your b*tch*ng! I have been wearing glasses since I was in the first grade!
Oh, I've been wearing glasses since I was 12 years old. It's just recently that I have had to start wearing glasses to read!!

Ken
Old 05-25-2017, 11:02 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Welcome to adulthood! Now I can't get away from glasses at all. If I wear contacts, I need reading glasses, if I don't I need distance and reading. grrr
Old 05-25-2017, 02:19 PM
rt3232

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by acdii
Welcome to adulthood! Now I can't get away from glasses at all. If I wear contacts, I need reading glasses, if I don't I need distance and reading. grrr
it's all part of getting OLD,
well I have been out of tuch for a few days changed bundle service plan provider and every thing went in the s@#$ter,but maybe we are now back to speed and in the middle of this I got a major computer hack Baa Hum Bug
So cheers Bob T
Old 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM
acdii

wannacry
Old 05-25-2017, 05:48 PM
FlyerInOKC

Wife wants to update her Acentry program but its not compatible with her old compter, guess who is computer shopping?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:51 PM
FlyerInOKC

Wife wants to update her Acentry program but its not compatible with her old computer, guess who is computer shopping?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:26 PM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell her she can have one if u can get a new plane . Nothing like a bit of blackmail !
Old 05-26-2017, 04:40 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by the pope
Tell her she can have one if u can get a new plane . Nothing like a bit of blackmail !
There you go assuming I tell her when I do get a new airplane!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

You guys need my job.

"whats that, new plane???"

"Don't worry it's just a review...." (applies to planes I bought or got sent )
Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 AM
FlyerInOKC

Yeah, but we all can't be reviewers sooner or later our wives are going to ask to see the check from the publisher.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:29 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK !!!!! ENJOY !!! RED
Old 05-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Had a very good day yesterday. Beautiful weather and hardly any wind. We were asked to turn up at 10.00 to work on some of the structures on the site. At 10.00 two Belgians and an Englishman were on site, we had to wait for the French! In the end we did no work on the structures at all but we had a first class barbeque with some nice wines to celebrate the birthdays of those members who were born in April and May.

Then we did some flying. Unfortunately I reduced the engine power on the BE2 too early on the landing approach and it stalled and went in fairly hard. A spar appears to have broken as well as several flying wires. It'll repair. I obviously need to keep the power on and fly the model right down onto the ground.

One of the club's trainers went in. It was under the control of the club president at the time. He was teaching a beginner how to fly on the buddy box at the time. What exactly went wrong I've no idea.

I plan to fly the Senior Telemaster this afternoon.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:41 PM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um drinking and then 2 crashes and u dont know why ? Must have drunk more than u thought . may I suggest try drinking after flying and then u just have to worry about the trip home !
Old 05-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

It's funny you should say that Pope. A few days prior to yesterday's barbeque, there was a large "vide grenier" or car boot sale in the local village square. The club's treasurer, Fabrice, turned up with his wife Caroline. While she bought things, he sat with his cronies in the sunshine and had a glass of beer or two. Then they went home, a distance of about ten miles (16 kilometres) from Lourdouiex St Pierre, for lunch. After lunch Caroline said that she wanted to go back to the vide grenier but as she has never learned to drive, she proposed to go on her motor scooter. Fabrice gallantly drove her there and had a few more beers while she spent money.

On the way back home he was pulled by the gendarmes. He was of course well over the limit. Under French law the gendarmerie have the power to take your driving licence off you immediately and to impose a six-month ban. They then report it up to a magistrate who usually rubber stamps the arrangement.

Now I'm not advocating drinking and driving, the potential dangers are too awful to contemplate but it is ironic when you take Fabrice's former occupation into account.

He used to be a traffic policeman!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:13 AM
acdii

oh man.

I finally got some flying done. Went out Friday and got one flight in after having to replace a servo for the throttle. It then started to rain so packed up and went home. Yesterday hooked up the trailer and went back. Got a few more flights in on the Somethin Xtra, and got my old faithful out, the LT-40 and had to retune the engine, the transition was horrible, then flew it around. I must not have put the battery in all the way as it was slightly tail heavy, but still very manageable with some down trim, some? I pushed it all the way up! It was very nice yesterday, light winds, and nothing to slow the planes down when landing, and wound up using the entire runway on the Somethin Xtra. Came in a little too fast. Overall a good day flying, no planes were damaged, and the flying was good.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:18 AM
rt3232

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by acdii
oh man.

I finally got some flying done. Went out Friday and got one flight in after having to replace a servo for the throttle. It then started to rain so packed up and went home. Yesterday hooked up the trailer and went back. Got a few more flights in on the Somethin Xtra, and got my old faithful out, the LT-40 and had to retune the engine, the transition was horrible, then flew it around. I must not have put the battery in all the way as it was slightly tail heavy, but still very manageable with some down trim, some? I pushed it all the way up! It was very nice yesterday, light winds, and nothing to slow the planes down when landing, and wound up using the entire runway on the Somethin Xtra. Came in a little too fast. Overall a good day flying, no planes were damaged, and the flying was good.
We had about the same hear, but I don't like flying in the morning as the sun can give me fits flew my extra 300 nice easy stuff as it was only the second time I have been able to get out and I did the opposite , came in a bit slow and started the flare and it flopped but no damage just spread the gear abit and an easy fix. to now we are predicted to have winds for the next 4 days
Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Hi guys been getting my brain scrambled trying to understand this new radio, it seems everything is abbreviated and I have to learn a new language as well as how to load all the programs that are available.

I purchased a micro sd card, 16 giga bytes on less than a postage stamp sized chip. If it gets much smaller a tweezer will be needed to handle it. and I got a new CPAP (for sleep apnea) now I can't believe how far technology has advanced, this thing is a cell phone so they can control all the operating features on the phone and I do not have to bring it in for adjustment. it also adjust to my breathing needs as I sleep and records all the info as well as telling me how long I slept. what I like is, it is totally noiseless quite a improvement over my old unit.

I feel like a cave man dropped in the middle of a modern city without a clue. technology is flying by at a scarey rate.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:33 AM
FlyerInOKC

I know what you mean my faithful 7C is all I can handle in the programming department!
Old 05-31-2017, 05:36 AM
karolh

Wink

Donny I truly feel it for you because your brain is now so scrambled that you posted the very same post twice. I really do think that you need help.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 AM
acdii

No matter how many times I program the Futaba 14SG, every time I go back to program another plane I have to learn it all over again. I figured out dual rates, had to replace a servo and in the process of doing so wiped the dual rate from that channel, now have to go back and figure it all out again.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 AM
karolh

I use to feel bad about stuff like that happening to me too with my 8UAF but after talking with several persons I've come to realise that apparently its a pretty common place happening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.