Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Can I post about our track?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Can I post about our track?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:31 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can I post about our track?

Can I post about our track in the R/C car section? I do not want a problem with the rules. So I am not sure if this falls under trying to sell something.I have been in the hobby business for many years and it is certainly not about making money. we will be using this track to promote the hobby.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	track 018.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	2055200   Click image for larger version

Name:	track 020.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2055201   Click image for larger version

Name:	track 021.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2055202   Click image for larger version

Name:	track 019.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	2055204   Click image for larger version

Name:	track 016.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	2055206  

Last edited by expresscraft; 12-15-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:41 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is an amazing track! Wow. By all means, make money on it too, nothing wrong with that. You can promote the hobby and do good business at the same time. I bet that would be a HUGE birthday party hot spot.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:01 AM
expresscraft

Its a 14,000 square ft building.I have a friend coming over today to see if we have enough room for indoor flying. i am thinking a plywood carrier landing deck. that we could place in the center of the track and remove it as needed and some big balls hanging from the roof to make a air course for quad copters and pylon racing small electric aircraft. simply want to promote the r/c hobby to as many as I can and hope to get some manufacturing support.. not looking to be a hobby shop just a r/c promotional center. We are located at 3095 Grissom parkway,Cocoa Fla.32926. We are 45 minutes from Disney world and 10 minutes from Port Canaveral (home of several cruise ships) We are in the middle of a lot of great stuff with international ex posher with the right support we could help grow our great hobby.we will have some great racing but for me it will be more about a great time for all.We have a big under taking here and I hope anyone reading this will pass on to who ever they know what we are doing and push to support our effort into growing the hobby. my E-mail is [email protected]
Old 12-15-2014, 07:55 AM
porcia83
Banned

Fantastic place to fly indoors too. We hunt for places up here in the Northeast, we're able to do it in small gyms and indoor soccer places, so no reason to not be able to do it there. I was thinking at first why bother flying indoors you're in FL...but then again, it gets really hot down there. My first time flying indoors was a small gym and we did UMX/Micro pylon races. It was a blast.

Best of luck with your operation, that's a real gem right there. Bet the tank dudes and rock climbers would love it too!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:47 PM
expresscraft

Thanks so much for the good will, I play world of tanks video games and did not even think about that but we have lots of parking and some nice wooded area as well that tank battles would be awesome, we have the beginning of a rock climbing area, as well as a great small pond for small electric boats, we have some clearing to do before that will be up and running. My friend did fly his little piper cub and quadra copter around.we are in Florida but we almost always have wind,So I think we can push the social event and great times of flying little aircraft inside and create something that people will be willing to support.I can not do this alone so my goal is to create a positive environment to promote the r/c hobby and make this a awesome representation of our manufactures and community. I hope everyone reading this will pass the word on of what we are trying to do and do all they can to support the effort. weather its posting on your face book or just spreading the word. I want manufactures to donate models to rent(not to resell) but to rent. it helps pay the bills and it gives there products ex posher in one of the biggest indoor tracks in the country.Not to mention that with building and property plus the track we have a million dollar investment.I hope with a lot of talk and e-mails to the companies everyone has supported that they will endorse this effort.And help as much as they can.I just sent a guy to our local hobby shop today to buy a truck. the benefit to all has already started.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	track 2 001.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	2055361   Click image for larger version

Name:	track 2 002.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2055362   Click image for larger version

Name:	track 2 009.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	2055363   Click image for larger version

Name:	track 2 005.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	2055364  

Last edited by expresscraft; 12-15-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 PM
porcia83
Banned

Do you belong to a club? If so, get them involved. Also, see if you can put something together with your local AMA rep, AVP, or even VP. Maybe you can get some exposure that way as well. The more I look at it, the more the possibilities pop out.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:39 AM
expresscraft

I talked to the president of the indian river control society yesterday. They are a very good club and told them we want to do some indoor quadra copter, helicopter and airplane pylon racing, there meeting was last night and he said he would bring it up.It is 6:30 am here so I have not called him back to find out there input on the idea. I think it would be great for us and bring a lot of exposher to there club that I am happy to promote 7 days a week. with a soon to be great R/c audience. I hope to promote to manufatures the same way. we have certainly invested a lot into this, Now we will see if the business that make there livings from this community will invest back and floor plane our facility. If they do there product will be supported here, If they do not someone else's product will be. This place will certainly draw a demand for product.