Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 11:33 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Yeah, if you have pics or other info only on this site, I'd make copies and save them to your drive,,, wouldn't be surprised if the whole site goes poof someday soon,, sad to think this way
If it does go poof, it won't be the fault of the members.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Thisstrangeengine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's something weird... If I open up my e-mail notifications about replies to threads I post in, and click on the thread link, the page loads but freezes up after a few minutes. Now if I just open RCU in another tab it's ok??? Something is fishy...
Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Still slow... I'm sorry for the volunteer people that have to reply to this type of thread. Its not the same site it was years ago. It reminds me eerily of RCOnline the way it loads. Its the slowest site I read any more. Sorry guys. Hang in there, as will I. I don't pay for this service, and was a moderator as this site came up many years ago, and at this point, its the slowest I've seen, and I now have high-speed internet, and question that when i come upon a site like this... and I encourage those that have doubts to do an internet speed test(Google it) when this site is slow... you might see if its your service, computer, or just this site. I'm pretty convinced its this site.. so.. hang in there if you can.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:04 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Unfortunately the issues drive guys away, I wouldn't do a extensive build thread here any longer,, not with all the issues and the crappy picture upload interface.

on a side note,, the "lag" seams to be better the last few browsing sessions

good luck
Old 01-03-2015, 10:59 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I continue to have intermittent loading problems (not loading anything at all) and slow loading. When it does load, it can take 20-30 seconds to even see the status bar move at all. I am not doing much building right now anyway, but I will wait until the site is more reliably loading before I bother. I've noticed traffic is down a bit anyway, so I doubt anything I put up will be seen.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:30 PM
TLH101

You know, it's strange how when this thread was active, my RCU started loading faster. Now that this tread has been dormant for nearly a week, & the site takes forever to load again.
"waiting for rc universe"
Old 01-10-2015, 05:23 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by TLH101
You know, it's strange how when this thread was active, my RCU started loading faster. Now that this tread has been dormant for nearly a week, & the site takes forever to load again.
"waiting for rc universe"

+1
Old 01-10-2015, 06:29 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by FBaity
+1
Coincidence? Not likely. Either IB's servers for RCU are in PermaSlowMo or someone is slacking off getting it fixed. It took 10 minutes for me to load this thread. I'm losing my faith in this site more and more. I only check it a few times a day now and the areas of the forum I post in are nearly dead. I think RCG is getting more users and activity than RCU seems to be as of lately; and I think RCU is the better site.

Admin people: is this the RCU we can expect to deal with forever? The "tech team" has been working on stuff for quite some time but there doesn't appear to be any forward progress in speeding up and fixing the loading errors we are still experiencing on a daily basis......
Old 01-11-2015, 07:33 AM
TLH101

Come on RCU. Been getting this message this morning: [TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="width: 100%"]Database error[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]The RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more database has encountered a problem.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"][HR][/HR][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"] Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.rcuniverse.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]The www.rcuniverse.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]
We apologise for any inconvenience.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 01-12-2015, 11:30 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

we're not deaf to these issues for me it seems to be slowest / most unresponsive in the mornings (central time USA)
We've got a couple of moderators (myself included) who are full time IT guys, and we're looking to get a remote program together so that the actual IT guys at IB can log into OUR machines and see for themselves that the issues are not being reported in error, and seem to be outside of IB's internal network. (meaning that the admins will be able to SEE how slow MY connection to RCU is)

I'm as frustrated as anyone. but I fully agree it's slow, it's been slow and needs to be fixed.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:35 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

FYI to any admin that might be following.. I had to give up last night about 9:00PM PST, it just wouldn't load a thing. It worked fine for about an hour(give or take) while I studied some stuff, and viewed several pages... and then it started slowing down, until it errored out. This is just for timeline and discussion purpose.. It is what it is. I could complain but thats not a very nice thing to do, so I'm not going there, I'll take what I can get.. Just communicating here.

I know there are several people that donate time, and effort to make it all happen, mods and all.. so hang in there folks.. Just by my short study lately, there's still a world of info on this site.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:40 PM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have finally hit some slow RCU load times here and it must have something to do with capacity. I am usually on RCU at times when the USA is fast asleep, so that is why the load times are normally faster for me here on the other side of the world. Should not be hard for an IT guy to get to the bottom of in a hurry and get it resolved.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:39 AM
Checklst

I'm no IT guy but sometimes it takes 5 -10 seconds to hook up to site............I'll go into several other sites just to see if its my computer.............RC Giants and other sites load before I can remove my finger off the mouse button...........this site I get the spinning circle and a 5 to ten second delay.

I swear I hear a faint phone line bing bong ping of a 56k modem(you guys remember the sound back in the day) this last part was a little humor insert to lighten up you day.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:51 AM
scale only 4 me

Jim,
We know you Moderators are in the same boat,, it's just frustrating when these guys From IB give us the same crap excuse, the "we're working on it" , "there's bigger problems we need to fix first", BS or the kicker, say it must be our machine. Sure doesn't look like they're working on it from where I sit.

These last posts highlight the theory I've had ever since they "switched servers" or at least told us that they did., Not a Vbulitin upgrade issue, this has been happening before that. and that's that the servers slow down and eventually kick you off to allow new traffic. Typically when you first log on your good,, but browse too long and the problem progressively gets worse, to the point you eventually just leave pissed,, not a good formula for generating return visits.

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 01-13-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:24 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

But remember it's free.........

One of the biggest RC sites in the world and its a PITA to access half the time. Pretty sucky. I've met several people I've gotten to be friends with outside of the forum and that's part of why I stay here. Getting harder to keep coming back to even check PMs when the site won't even load. I miss the old site on the old forums. Far less problems accessing the forum.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:38 PM
saramos

Still slow
Old 01-29-2015, 06:16 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

The last few days seems to have been worse as far as the site loading at all goes. The other RC sites load nearly instantly. I've cut back even trying to access RCU to just a few times a day. If after 2 or 3 attempts the site doesn't load, I move on. There is a huge wealth of information on this site, but it's impossible to read any of it if the site doesn't load.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:43 AM
scale only 4 me

oooh I'm sure they're working one it,, LOL

got this again this morning,,

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rcu error.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2068819  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:14 AM
topspin

I hav e a

di al up connect ion.

Boy this RC U sit e

Is F ast.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:47 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
oooh I'm sure they're working one it,, LOL

got this again this morning,,

It's your browser I'm sure.

Originally Posted by topspin
I hav e a

di al up connect ion.

Boy this RC U sit e

Is F ast.
screamin 33.3 baud rate!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Checklst

Hey guys just got an answer form Tech that they are working on the server as we speak..............they sent me a video just to prove the point.....LOL

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...CABDB711BE3FE5

Last edited by Checklst; 01-29-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one ringy dingy....two ringy dingy...
Old 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM
TLH101

Originally Posted by flyingstill
Maybe they are saving on energy
Or maybe they just really don't give a rat's ass and are just going to ride this horse till it dies........................completely.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Checklst

Originally Posted by porcia83
one ringy dingy....two ringy dingy...
OMG I almost fell out of my chair.........thinking of Lily Tomlin connection me to the next thread..........now that image will be forever in my head when the site gets slowwwwwwww.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:52 AM
saramos

Gratutious good afternoon. Is this the person to whom I am speaking?
snort snort!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.