Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Wow! Lots of SPAM in the forums lately??

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Wow! Lots of SPAM in the forums lately??

Old 12-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wow! Lots of SPAM in the forums lately??

Whats with all the posts lately by individuals with 1 post history, with links to a live stream of some sporting event (that in reality is probably NOT said event)?? The forums are being spammed!!

Just look at this screenshot of he Batteries & Chargers forum. I see at least 8 spam threads. RCU is getting bombed!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	603.2 KB
ID:	2058821  
Old 12-30-2014, 09:01 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, RCU has really become a huge target again for spammers. For awhile they were leaving us alone pretty much, but now they are after us again. We'll get to work cleaning them up. We can't spot them all, so please pass along any that you spot. You can report the threads/posts or you can PM me directly and they will get taken care of. Thanks for letting me know about these. I'll get them cleaned up.

Ken
Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks a lot, Ken. What do these jokers hope to accomplish??
Old 12-30-2014, 09:35 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Thanks a lot, Ken. What do these jokers hope to accomplish??
Same thing as any spammer ever hopes to accomplish. You got to look at it from the spammer's side. Their costs are EXTREMELY low. In they "old days" of spam we all got those unwanted mailers in our mailbox at our house, I'm talked snailmail and paper mailers. Those actually costs the senders something because they had to pay for the mailer and cost of sending out the mail to you. But when it comes to the spammer his costs are very very low. They can hit thousands, or hundreds of thousands, or millions, of people for just a few dollars. If they just get a very low fraction of those to action hit it's still a win for them. Even 1% or 2% hitting their links and going through is still a profit for them and a win. So that's why we still have spammers in this world. If they weren't making money they wouldn't be doing it. It's just that simple.

Ken