Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Advantages/Disadvantage of Incorporating a club

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Advantages/Disadvantage of Incorporating a club

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 03:56 AM
beepee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You assume too much Mike. There are many ways to contribute to club and field operations without being an officer, and with being a complainer. If you are satisfied that your risk is mitigated, then good for you. I believe there is more risk there than I am prepared to absorb.

Bedford
Old 03-20-2015, 04:05 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beepee
You assume too much Mike. There are many ways to contribute to club and field operations without being an officer, and with being a complainer. If you are satisfied that your risk is mitigated, then good for you. I believe there is more risk there than I am prepared to absorb.

Bedford

Guess we'll agree to disagree on this. The OP wanted to know the advantages of being incorporated not speculation about liability, As I suggested in my first post the OP needed to discuss this with a lawyer as we did. IMO a online forum full of experts is no way to get advise on incorporation liability. The only reason I posted a response to his post is because we have "been there and done that",

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 03-20-2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:52 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Beepee, if a suit is over a clubwide problem like lax safety regulations or a building not to code that hurts someone. that cause an injury, any suit brought against an individual will be thrown out of court if the club is incorporated. Yes, anyone can be named as the defendant. But the plaintiff can't win anything unless he sues the club itself. It's different if an individual internationally hurts someone else, but that isn't what incorporation is about.