The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Old 05-16-2019, 05:08 PM
nmav8r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Maybe my case was a fluke. I ordered the Turnigy 2 ways electric fuel pump from Hobby King,and received it in 6 days. When it stop working I filed a claim on Monday morning recieved an email Tuesday with a tracking number and received a replacement Thursday.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:08 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Same 'flukes' here. Every problem was taken care of, I got a refund or they shipped a new item, I never had to ship anything back. Many years ago HK had a terrible CS, times have changed. All I ever had to do do was to file a claim and provide a picture.
I had an interesting situation with Tower just this March where I had some defects on my plane, but since the purchase was more than 30 days ago, they would not help in any way (my fault for not getting informed before buying there and letting the plane sit in the box for six weeks)
They did offer a 'rebate' if I bought another plane of the same kind. So I asked how much of a rebate I would get and they would not answer. So on the past I paid a little more for great service, this is not the case anymore, done with Horizon.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:44 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I hate posting in this topic. I have had extrodinare good business with Hobby King. My latest order left me a bit disappointed.
I ordered a power supply and a battery charger for the HV Bolt batteries.

The power supply did not come with any wiring. No power cord, nothing. They don't even offer the correct power cord on the web site. Amazon solves it.
The Battery charger did not come with ANY wiring whatsoever. I had to buy input power wiring and a balance board for connections to batteries. The input 12v wiring harness that I could buy has a female connector, so I have to cut that off and solder on a male XT60 connector.

This makes it hard to recommend and use these products. OH yes, others in the review complained about the same things. I should have taken the time to read the reviews before purchase.

The items necessary to make this a complete purchase should be suggested to the buyer. As it is, I am loosing another week waiting.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The usual complainers here. I just noticed this string started four years ago. The Post Office lost something the guy ordered, and he blames Hobby King? Since then, not sure if he got his stuff or not, but jeez, the Post Office where I live is hit or miss on tracking, time of day the mail arrives, and a different carrier every couple of weeks.

An order I had with HK about a month ago was for a plane in which one retract was not consistent. I took a picture, made a warranty claim, got a new set of retracts in the mail from HONG KONG via the NY office in a week. No hassle, no 'send the bad one back', nothing like that at all. Great company, great products, great service. Motion, Tower, Horizon, HK, have all been great for me. Pay more with some, less with others, but they have what I want. HK has great prices and good stuff. I have six Durafly planes, all have been good. Good batteries. Great chargers and servos. Easy to use web pages. I guess I'm lucky? I'm also a 'platinum' Member, maybe that helps? That means many orders. At least a few hundred. Two issues in probably 7-8 years?

Sorry for the guys that have problems. There is one guy on here who allegedly was 'cheated' by HK many years ago, for about $30 I think he said. He's talked hate ever since. It's a hobby, man. You should try to relax.