Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 07:29 AM
intruderoutbound
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Hello Everyone,
I have a huge problem. I don't know what to do and it was suggested to post a complaint here to get some response. I ordered Batteries from the east coast warehouse on 1-23-15 and then after a week started watching the progress of the shipment. Here is what it said.

[h=2]in transit, delayed[/h]

[h=3]Product & Tracking Information[/h][h=4]Postal Product:[/h]
  • Parcel Select

[h=4]Features:[/h]

[TABLE="class: zebra-table"]
    [TR="class: header"]
    [TH="class: date-time"]Date & Time
    [/TH]
    [TH="class: status"]Status of Item
    [/TH]
    [TH="class: location"]Location
    [/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: detail-wrapper latest-detail"]
    [TD="class: date-time"][/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: location"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: status-summary-panel open-panel"]
    [TD="colspan: 3"][TABLE]
    [TR="class: bubble-arrow"]
    [TD="class: bubble-top, colspan: 3"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: detail-summary"]
    [TD]The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item could not be delivered or returned to the sender. It is being forwarded to a USPS mail recovery center where it will be processed.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: detail-wrapper odd-row"]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 28, 2015 , 6:29 am
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Departed USPS Facility
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: location"] FOREST PARK, IL 60130
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: detail-wrapper"]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 27, 2015 , 11:57 am
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Arrived at USPS Facility
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 24, 2015 , 2:40 pm
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: location"] FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 24, 2015 , 3:16 am
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 23, 2015 , 3:51 pm
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Departed Post Office
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: location"] TACOMA, WA 98413
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 23, 2015 , 3:43 pm
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 23, 2015 , 2:30 pm
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Picked up by Request
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[h=2]Ok, So I email Hobby King and since then I have gotten a runaround about the Batteries I paid for already and cant get any service from hobby king now to get this resolved. Here is what they have posted after several emails back and forth.[/h]

Jessie Xu, Apr 11,12:48:

Hi Randy,
    Thank you forcontacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience that have caused for you. Please beinformed that we have requested to open investigation to track your order. The investigationwill take 4 to 8 weeks to complete. We advise that you come back to us forupdate after one month. Please wait for the investigation results patiently. Iwill close this ticket temporarily, later, you can write a email to follow upit. Your understanding and patience for this matter would be highlyappreciated.
    Have a niceday!

[h=3]
    Catherine N., Feb 8,09:09:

Hi Randy,
    Good Day!
    Due tounexpected high volume of messages, we had a hard time coping up on the emailsthat we have received. We are sorry for the delay in response, though we aretrying our best to provide the necessary help.
    Thank you forthe information, Randy. We are sorry to know that USPS has lost the order. Maywe ask if you have received an email or a letter from the USPS? Kindly provideus a scanned copy for this so that we can check and take necessary action withyour concern. We are looking forward for your response for further assistance.We do hope for your patience and understanding.
    If you haveany other questions, please let me know.
    For self helpon your HobbyKing.com inquiries, you may also check our Help Center. Simply login to your account, click Contact Us, and click the Customer Support Center.
    Regards,
    Catherine N.
    HobbyKing Support Team

Your request(#1516064)has been updated.
    To review thestatus of the request and add additional comments, please visit www.HobbyKing.com
    [HR][/HR]

Catherine N., Feb 11,07:58:

Hi Randy,
    Good Day!
    We atHobbyking, would like to apologize for the long wait for a response in yoursupport ticket 1516064. We are currently dealing with unusual high volume ofinquiries through our ticketing system. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thank you foryour effort on contacting your local service. I understand that you want tohave a refund, however, please be advised we need an updates and confirmationin our warehouse department for the returned parcel before we do that. We needto follow our process, please bear with us.
    For now, we haveto wait the updates and confirmation for the returned parcel since it cannot bedelivered in your country. All I can offer are more apologies for this extendeddelay as I appeal once again for more patience and understanding from you.
    Rest assuredthat we'll keep this ticket open until the issue has been sorted out. Thankyou.
    For self helpon your HobbyKing inquiries, you may also check our Help Center by clicking"24 hour Support Centre" on the upper right part of our website.
    Regards,
    Catherine N.
    HobbyKing Support Team

[HR][/HR]

Randy, Feb 10, 22:56:

Catherine,
    Did you notreceive my email and READ IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAY to check with my localparcel service, I DID they say it is what I am telling you! Attached was a copyof the tracking # page I gave our Parcel service. The attachment is proof thatI will not get it. I want my money back!!!!
    Randy
    [/h][h=4]So Now what do I do guys?? Should I contact my State Attorney General??[/h]Randy

Old 05-15-2015, 07:57 AM
    warningshot

How did you pay Hobby King for the item? If PayPal or Credit Card file a dispute with them.
    Old 05-15-2015, 08:16 AM
    cetme308

The state ag won't do a thing for you since its a civil matter. Warning shot has the right idea. File a complaint with the company that did the payment and as long as you aren't a repeat complainant they should refund your money asap.
    Old 05-15-2015, 10:47 AM
    Hemikiller
    My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As noted, contact whomever you paid for the order with, they should be able to recover your funds.

FWIW, I would never let something go this long. The tracking says it's at a dead mail center, meaning the box was most likely too damaged to be delivered. HK should issue you an immediate refund, but....
    Old 05-15-2015, 11:01 AM
    JMCHASE

I just went through the same thing with USPS. took a few months but i got my package. 1 find the usps form 1000 fill it out as best you can. 2 go to the local post office and present this to the post master NOT the window clerk. Chances are the post master at your po will bend over backwards to help you. With your tracking number and form 1000 the recovery center should be able to forward your box.
    Old 05-15-2015, 11:27 AM
    mscic-RCU
    My Feedback: (6)

It looks to me, based on the tracking info, it is a problem with USPS. When you deal with Hobby King, you have to accept that when it goes sideways you aren't going to get any service. I think you are unfairly blaming HK when you say they ripped you off. Looks like USPS ripped you off!
    Old 05-15-2015, 11:37 AM
    DavidAgar
    My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After looking at the tracking print out, I would say that the Post Office is to blame. It appears that something may have happened to the label that had your address on it, which made the package undeliverable and it was sent to some Post Office Mail Recovery Center. You may want to inquire with your Post Office and ask them if they can help. Good Luck, Dave
    Old 05-15-2015, 01:05 PM
    ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mscic-RCU
    It looks to me, based on the tracking info, it is a problem with USPS. When you deal with Hobby King, you have to accept that when it goes sideways you aren't going to get any service. I think you are unfairly blaming HK when you say they ripped you off. Looks like USPS ripped you off!
    Hobby King should be responsible for the package until the post office delivered it, HK should resend the merchandise and deal with the post office themselves. For all we know
    HK could have sent a empty box with deliberate screwed up label so based on HK's record I don't think the OP is being unfair to HK at all.
    Old 05-15-2015, 01:31 PM
    Jim Schwagle
    My Feedback: (1)

Once it's in the hands of the USPS, it's not HK's responsibility. Legally they aren't required to do a thing. That said, I know other vendors will, but that's another story. My experience with a vendor was similar to the OP's. I ordered an item from a vendor (~$100), the delivery company lost it. The seller wouldn't refund my money but offered to file a claim for me with the shipping company. I did get my money back three or four weeks later, from the shipping company, but the company selling the item refused to take responsibility for it, as many won't. Once the package has left the sellers facility it is your property, not the sellers and it's the responsibility of the shipping company to get it into your hands. Unfortunately, that's probably how you will have to deal with it. I ordered some items from Central Hobbies, UPS lost it, Central Hobbies immediately shipped replacement items, before UPS even had a chance to look into it. In the end, UPS delivered several days later a battered package, Central Hobbies told me to keep it. It was only $30 or $40 worth of props, glow plugs and other "stuff", but I was very impressed at how they handled it. I got the replacement parts before UPS came up with the original ones., I don't think you've been ripped off, in the sense that they did something illegal, but it shows what you will and wont get from HK.
    Old 05-15-2015, 02:04 PM
    ira d

I won't argue the legalities of what HK did, In my statement I said what they should do or in other words what would be the right to do. Most companies will do the right thing
    because they want repeat business. The package recipient has no control over how the package was packed or labeled I for one will not do business with a company that
    won't make things right if something they ship gets lost or damaged.
    Old 05-15-2015, 02:51 PM
    OliverJacob

If you want an excellent customer service, go elsewhere and pay the price for it.
    Clearly USPS dropped the ball, this happened to me a few times and HK would reimburse me, after a few e-mail and a few months of waiting.
    I wasn't always happy with HK, but their prices are hard to beat. Even with some doa items.
    Old 05-15-2015, 03:00 PM
    PatrickCurry
    My Feedback: (20)

I think the USPS is getting worse all the time. They lose packages of mine all the time and their attitude is "not our problem", even when it IS their problem. Things will go missing in their tracking system and it's always like.... "HUNH. I don't know."
    Old 05-15-2015, 03:06 PM
    ira d

Originally Posted by OliverJacob
    If you want an excellent customer service, go elsewhere and pay the price for it.
    Clearly USPS dropped the ball, this happened to me a few times and HK would reimburse me, after a few e-mail and a few months of waiting.
    I wasn't always happy with HK, but their prices are hard to beat. Even with some doa items.
    We don't know for sure it was the post office that dropped the ball we don't know how the package was labeled.

Last edited by ira d; 05-15-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    Old 05-15-2015, 03:20 PM
    PatrickCurry
    My Feedback: (20)

True, but if it made it through 3 locations from WA to IL I would think it would be the PO that damaged the package. I know HK does some stinky packaging sometimes, but you would think that if the PO accepted it, it was packaged according to their standards.
    Old 05-15-2015, 03:23 PM
    OliverJacob

Originally Posted by ira d
    We don't know for sure it was the post office that dropped the ball we don't how the package was labeled.
    regardless, HK is to blame for having a very slow customer service, but they normally take care of these problems.
    Looks like they 'requested to start the investigation' in April, from there it's likely another 2 months before they will react.
    I always got my money back. Not to worry.
    So if you are in a hurry, HK is not a good choice.

It is probably too late for a PayPal dispute, and they are not that great either. I had an e-Bay item send to a wrong address, the seller got the item back and
    did not return my money. PP decided that the seller was right (!) and after I send them a nastygram they changed their mind. Lots of other examples, so I seldom deal with e-Bay or PP anymore.
    Old 05-15-2015, 04:04 PM
    Desertlakesflying
    My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Slow customer service? A bad servo was replaced within a week with two photographs and an explanation of what happened. I think being frantic caused mass confusion.
    This happened last week.
    Old 05-15-2015, 04:18 PM
    jetmaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get great service or all the things I order on line via USPS , it's UPS that that takes way too long and is getting way too pricey .
    This surely isn't the first "HK problem " there have been scores of issues with this supplier . There are also scores of way more
    reputable vendors out there . If I need batteries and the like , I'll go to r/ c accessory .com or any other number of suppliers . I just don't understand the HK thing and I think the "unusually high volume " line is a real laugher . Is it really worth the the grief and the blame game for a few dollars ? Read the responses from HK , always trying to deflect the blame , and by the way "DOA products are never , never acceptable .
    Old 05-15-2015, 04:25 PM
    Rob2160

Originally Posted by intruderoutbound
    Hello Everyone,
    I have a huge problem. I don't know what to do and it was suggested to post a complaint here to get some response. I ordered Batteries from the east coast warehouse on 1-23-15 and then after a week started watching the progress of the shipment. Here is what it said.

in transit, delayed

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

• Parcel Select

Features:

•  
      • USPS Tracking[SUP][/SUP]

[TABLE="class: zebra-table"]
    [TR="class: header"]
    [TH="class: date-time"]Date & Time
    [/TH]
    [TH="class: status"]Status of Item
    [/TH]
    [TH="class: location"]Location
    [/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: detail-wrapper latest-detail"]
    [TD="class: date-time"][/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: status-summary-panel open-panel"]
    [TD="colspan: 3"]
    [TABLE]
    [TR="class: bubble-arrow"]
    [TD="class: bubble-top, colspan: 3"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: detail-summary"]
    [TD]The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item could not be delivered or returned to the sender. It is being forwarded to a USPS mail recovery center where it will be processed.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 28, 2015 , 6:29 am
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 27, 2015 , 11:57 am
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Arrived at USPS Facility
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 24, 2015 , 2:40 pm
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 24, 2015 , 3:16 am
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 23, 2015 , 3:51 pm
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 23, 2015 , 3:43 pm
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: date-time"] January 23, 2015 , 2:30 pm
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"] Picked up by Request
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Ok, So I email Hobby King and since then I have gotten a runaround about the Batteries I paid for already and cant get any service from hobby king now to get this resolved. Here is what they have posted after several emails back and forth.

Jessie Xu, Apr 11,12:48:

Hi Randy,
    Thank you forcontacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience that have caused for you. Please beinformed that we have requested to open investigation to track your order. The investigationwill take 4 to 8 weeks to complete. We advise that you come back to us forupdate after one month. Please wait for the investigation results patiently. Iwill close this ticket temporarily, later, you can write a email to follow upit. Your understanding and patience for this matter would be highlyappreciated.
    Have a niceday!

Catherine N., Feb 8,09:09:

Hi Randy,
    Good Day!
    Due tounexpected high volume of messages, we had a hard time coping up on the emailsthat we have received. We are sorry for the delay in response, though we aretrying our best to provide the necessary help.
    Thank you forthe information, Randy. We are sorry to know that USPS has lost the order. Maywe ask if you have received an email or a letter from the USPS? Kindly provideus a scanned copy for this so that we can check and take necessary action withyour concern. We are looking forward for your response for further assistance.We do hope for your patience and understanding.
    For self helpon your HobbyKing.com inquiries, you may also check our Help Center. Simply login to your account, click Contact Us, and click the Customer Support Center.
    Regards,
    Catherine N.
    HobbyKing Support Team

Your request(#1516064)has been updated.
    To review thestatus of the request and add additional comments, please visit www.HobbyKing.com
    [HR][/HR]

Catherine N., Feb 11,07:58:

Hi Randy,
    Good Day!
    We atHobbyking, would like to apologize for the long wait for a response in yoursupport ticket 1516064. We are currently dealing with unusual high volume ofinquiries through our ticketing system. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thank you foryour effort on contacting your local service. I understand that you want tohave a refund, however, please be advised we need an updates and confirmationin our warehouse department for the returned parcel before we do that. We needto follow our process, please bear with us.
    For now, we haveto wait the updates and confirmation for the returned parcel since it cannot bedelivered in your country. All I can offer are more apologies for this extendeddelay as I appeal once again for more patience and understanding from you.
    Rest assuredthat we'll keep this ticket open until the issue has been sorted out. Thankyou.
    For self helpon your HobbyKing inquiries, you may also check our Help Center by clicking"24 hour Support Centre" on the upper right part of our website.
    Regards,
    Catherine N.
    HobbyKing Support Team

[HR][/HR]

Randy, Feb 10, 22:56:

Catherine,
    Did you notreceive my email and READ IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAY to check with my localparcel service, I DID they say it is what I am telling you! Attached was a copyof the tracking # page I gave our Parcel service. The attachment is proof thatI will not get it. I want my money back!!!!
    Randy

So Now what do I do guys?? Should I contact my State Attorney General??

Randy

Hi Randy,

Sorry about your issue, unfortunately this is the downside to using Hobbyking, if something goes wrong then it gets frustrating and can take forever to resolve.

Please know that you will get your money back eventually, I have had several refunds for items not delivered but it took a lot of time and patience.

First, try not to send them angry emails, this is counterproductive. Remain calm and polite - whoever reads your email will be more likely to help you.

They will try to close your case every 7 days. When you get the email advising this, just reply with "I have not received my item yet, please refund my payment"

This prevents their system from closing the case and I had to do that about 4-7 times before they gave me the refunds.

Eventually they realise you are not going away and since it takes their time and manpower to reply to your emails, you will get a refund.

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-15-2015 at 09:25 PM.
    Old 05-15-2015, 04:30 PM
    OliverJacob

Originally Posted by jetmaven
    I get great service or all the things I order on line via USPS , it's UPS that that takes way too long and is getting way too pricey .
    This surely isn't the first "HK problem " there have been scores of issues with this supplier . There are also scores of way more
    reputable vendors out there . If I need batteries and the like , I'll go to r/ c accessory .com or any other number of suppliers . I just don't understand the HK thing and I think the "unusually high volume " line is a real laugher . Is it really worth the the grief and the blame game for a few dollars ? Read the responses from HK , always trying to deflect the blame , and by the way "DOA products are never , never acceptable .

Where do you buy your products?
    Old 05-15-2015, 06:22 PM
    ira d

Originally Posted by OliverJacob
    If you want an excellent customer service, go elsewhere and pay the price for it..

I don't know why you think I should expect less customer service because a company may have a lower price. But anyway I don't purchase from HK and don't plan to. IMO
    unless a company discloses that there is a no return policy or the item is a open box or some similar disclosure I expect the item to arrive in a timely manner and be fit for
    the purpose intended. If not I expect it to made right promptly either by a replacement item or a full refund no matter what I may have paid for the item.
    Old 05-15-2015, 06:44 PM
    OliverJacob

I don't know why you think I should expect less customer service because a company may have a lower price. But anyway I don't purchase from HK and don't plan to. IMO
    unless a company discloses that there is a no return policy or the item is a open box or some similar disclosure I expect the item to arrive in a timely manner and be fit for
    the purpose intended. If not I expect it to made right promptly either by a replacement item or a full refund no matter what I may have paid for the item.
    Very simple answer- customer service costs money.
    Old 05-15-2015, 07:03 PM
    paulsf86
    My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Could easily be HK problem with mislabeled Lithium battery shipment. Remember the rules changed January 1. If HK mislabeled or did not label at all and the USPS found the shipment, they might have just disposed of the package.
    Old 05-15-2015, 07:24 PM
    topspin

Sounds like a Post Office error to me. No matter, it is incumbent upon the shipper to see to it that you get what you paid for or get reimbursed. They contracted with the PO not you and that is why they have to do the investigation in fact, it's kind of stupid for them to even ask you to do their legwork for them. So at this point you best bet is to contact Pay Pal or you credit card company and explain exactly what happened. They should get your money back for you.

There are two problems, first, all transactions with the US warehouses has to go through China and things can get messed up in the process. The second problem is that that is just about the time the warehouse moved from Lakewood, Washington to Bendover, Oregon so the new warehouse staff has no clue about your stuff. File a claim and I'm certain that you will get your money back. Also, if you do file a PayPal dispute HobbyKing will ask you to drop it, do not do that no matter what or you will never see your money again.

Good luck.
    Old 05-15-2015, 07:26 PM
    radfordc
    My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why you think I should expect less customer service because a company may have a lower price.
    When you buy an economy class ticket on a plane do you expect to get first class service?
    Old 05-15-2015, 07:43 PM
    jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There are too many threads about bad Hobby King service to even count. HK will do nothing for you once the box has left their warehouse. They will use delay tactics to keep you from filing a dispute with your credit card company until the window of opportunity is over. They will never refund your money or send another package. HK sells cheap things to people who shop for the lowest price. It usually works out ok with them because even a moron can pick an order and slap on an address label. But when it doesn't, you haven't paid for good service.

If you want to order things from a company that cares about its customers, shop with Tower Hobby. I ordered a $9 pack of epoxy along with some other stuff from Tower last year. The other stuff arrived, and the epoxy showed that it was sent separately but no tracking information was there. I called customer service the day after the first package arrived just to ask if they could confirm that the epoxy had been shipped. The agent couldn't find the tracking number either. He immediately placed a new order for another pack of epoxy for me and apologized saying that if the original one wound up making it here, it was a freebie on them. The original order arrived the next day, and the replacement arrived 3 days after that. So no, you don't get the cheapest prices with Tower, but you do get a better grade of product and worlds better customer service when something goes wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.