Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:36 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys

I will NOT argue weather H/K is good or bad, That said just from the few times I have surfed these threads I would not be one of there customers.

About Tower and Horiizon when I have had a problem with ether a phone call has corrected the problem with in hours and 48 hrs max, and most all other hobby firm's that I deal with.

Letts move on

Cheers Bob T
I am out of hear
Old 05-20-2015, 09:44 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
IMO (in my opinion)

They would be very effective if guys would stick with actual facts, stay on topic, not speculate wildly and spew slanted opinion as if they are the facts.
+1.

Originally Posted by Duncman ira d, my point exactly. scale only 4 me, I disagree, I think forums like this are invaluable, if for no other reason, it is a review. The outside chance that HK may read this does exist and just maybe they won't be so arrogant that they will change their business practice, just imagine the impact that would have on the industry. And if they choose to maintain status quo then more folks are aware of their shenanigan's, unintentional or otherwise, and their business will whither and eventually go away, serving an example to the remaining vendors. Word of mouth is a powerful force.

That I would agree with, the benefit to these and other threads is to serve as a review, or guide. Folks share their actual experience (not second hand rumors), and keep the speculation out. I look at these the same way I do Trip Advisor or Yelp. You weight the good with the bad and then make a decision.

That someone should have a good experience however doesn't translate to them being an apologist or defending the company. ymmv
Old 05-20-2015, 10:33 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
+1.

Originally Posted by Duncman ira d, my point exactly. scale only 4 me, I disagree, I think forums like this are invaluable, if for no other reason, it is a review. The outside chance that HK may read this does exist and just maybe they won't be so arrogant that they will change their business practice, just imagine the impact that would have on the industry. And if they choose to maintain status quo then more folks are aware of their shenanigan's, unintentional or otherwise, and their business will whither and eventually go away, serving an example to the remaining vendors. Word of mouth is a powerful force.

That I would agree with, the benefit to these and other threads is to serve as a review, or guide. Folks share their actual experience (not second hand rumors), and keep the speculation out. I look at these the same way I do Trip Advisor or Yelp. You weight the good with the bad and then make a decision.

That someone should have a good experience however doesn't translate to them being an apologist or defending the company. ymmv
I don't have a problem with anyone sharing their good experience with anyone and have not said otherwise. I said it seems that some people are willing to give HK a free ride
because they have low prices. As for my never have purchased from HK that is primarily because of the negative things I have heard about them both here on RCU and
by guys at the flying field because I believe I don't have to grab a hot pot to know it will burn after someone else was burned.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:51 AM
OL55
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said you WILL eventually be made whole if you act responsibly, and by ALL means file with either PayPal or your CC company. As a retired USPS employee my guess is either the package was damaged in one of the sorting machines (USPS machines), or the PO found out that there were Lipos in the package. The Postal Service doesn't want to ship Lipos due to the bad reports about fire threat. I would think HK would have sent them through an alternative carrier. I believe all the batts I have bought from Hobby King have come FedEx Ground. Lipos really shouldn't fly in passenger planes (which USPS uses along with partnerships with FedEx and UPS). They fly only in non passenger planes to the best of my knowledge. Probably just a mistake enacted by a warehouse employee in the fairly new East coast Hobby King shipping department. I don't think you have been ripped off, but more inconvenienced (but that does happen in these hobby daze).
Old 05-20-2015, 11:21 AM
intruderoutbound
My Feedback: (12)

Guys , I started this thread Please read Post #123!!!!
Randy
Old 05-20-2015, 12:52 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

OK, I read it, again
How does it apply to USPS loosing your package?
I'm sure the trust and verify levels between you and your customer vs. Hobby King and you are quite different.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:29 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by intruderoutbound
OK Guys, I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. Here are a few more bits of info.

I own a company myself and we build / machine precision part for several companies . Several years back UPS lost a box containing $4000.00 worth of product and it was insured. Now was I just to say to my customer oh well you will have to get reimbursed from UPS ???? I think not It was still my possibility because I had to fill the claim with UPS that is how it works. And by they way I did check with my local PostMaster She said that the shipper need to contact the Warehouse .
Of course that's how it work . You are exactly correct. All those on here saying otherwise must know very little about selling ,shipping, customer service on this level. Also, any company worth its salt would do everything and anything to make their customer whole as soon as possible whe problems arise ......not string them along with excuses and empty promises like HK does.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Rocketman_

Originally Posted by radfordc
... http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...sistant-humans

"Scientists have discovered a powerful new strain of fact-resistant humans ..."
Thanks for that link. It is a funny but a sadly a true piece (not casting aspersions on this thread).
Old 05-20-2015, 07:16 PM
flyoz
My Feedback: (7)

Enough HK bashing. Every other day some "hard done by" Retailer posts or contributes negatively to posts re HK because HK have more demonstrated the Real value of hobby components and it freaks out the retailer who blames HK for stealing "their god given rights to business and putrageous profiteering".

It is pure drivell that they knowingly rip off a percentage of clients, dont pay taxes etc. Check out how google, Microsoft IBM the Oil companie and every other business on the planet tries to reduce overheads.

Actual price of a well known aircraft kit for example in small lots from the Asian manufacturer $50-$60 landed in buyers country. distributors sell price $120 retailers sell price $350=$600.
Support - little from manufacturer and sellers as the stock is often old production (as a lot of Distributors buy a bulk lot at a bargain price so the Manufacturer can clear his inventory) hence not a lot of parts etc is available.

Why is there often a huge delay to obtain a refund? well think about it There are quite a few buyers who pretend they didn't receive goods, things do get misdirected etc so someone ha to investigate. How can such investigation be a priority task when it is a pure overhead to the carrier and others, time consuming and possibly suspect?.
Any supplier who takes a buyers word that they didnt receive a delivery and replaaces it immediatly is taking on the full potential loss - very commendable- but again this is balanced like Insurers do things ie claimsvs defaults, verses time, vs losses, vs goodwill value.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Duncman

My, my, my, flyoz, and we all thought this was put to bed. BTW Mr. flyoz, do you work or represent Hobby King????
Old 05-20-2015, 07:54 PM
ira d

Originally Posted by flyoz
Enough HK bashing. Every other day some "hard done by" Retailer posts or contributes negatively to posts re HK because HK have more demonstrated the Real value of hobby components and it freaks out the retailer who blames HK for stealing "their god given rights to business and putrageous profiteering".

It is pure drivell that they knowingly rip off a percentage of clients, dont pay taxes etc. Check out how google, Microsoft IBM the Oil companie and every other business on the planet tries to reduce overheads.

Actual price of a well known aircraft kit for example in small lots from the Asian manufacturer $50-$60 landed in buyers country. distributors sell price $120 retailers sell price $350=$600.
Support - little from manufacturer and sellers as the stock is often old production (as a lot of Distributors buy a bulk lot at a bargain price so the Manufacturer can clear his inventory) hence not a lot of parts etc is available.

Why is there often a huge delay to obtain a refund? well think about it There are quite a few buyers who pretend they didn't receive goods, things do get misdirected etc so someone ha to investigate. How can such investigation be a priority task when it is a pure overhead to the carrier and others, time consuming and possibly suspect?.
Any supplier who takes a buyers word that they didnt receive a delivery and replaaces it immediatly is taking on the full potential loss - very commendable- but again this is balanced like Insurers do things ie claimsvs defaults, verses time, vs losses, vs goodwill value.
If the vendor did not require a signature then they have no proof that the intended recipient received the package, Also in some cases the post office or carrier company will admit
they did not deliver the package so in cases like these the companies that want to do the right thing will make the customer whole and then deal with the carrier. Its is one thing
when vendors have proof that the package went to right person and or place and the person claims not to have received it but in most cases HK has know full well what has
happened. As far as overhead if a vendor does not want to foot the bill to investigate in a timely manner they should only ship insured and if a package is lost or damaged
they should file a claim with the shipping company and immediately make things right with the customer by replacement product or refund.

In fact if no signature is required there is not much to do in the way of investigation other than call the shipping carrier but i'm sure vendors do keep a file on
how many claims of loss happen at a certain address when they have some proof that the package may have been delivered.

Last edited by ira d; 05-20-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:15 PM
flyoz
My Feedback: (7)

No definitely zero connection to HK . No relations there nor business dealings other than a customer. just bored with the regular HK bashing

PS you CAN pay the shipping price of/ if you want to sign, insure and track its right there in the checkout

Last edited by flyoz; 05-20-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 PM
teebox11
My Feedback: (33)

When buying from outside of the contus boundaries, it is a crap shoot and a gamble with your money. If tracking has it in the us by sups, then they are the ones you want to get after. In dealing with the sups, remember who they are and the individuals that you have to deal with. Do they really care? No, they don't. Tell you anything to stall you and hope that you just go away. Wait!!!! Are you kidding? No, but if you push the issue, you will get someone to get off their butt. This is especially true if you refer the matter to the postmaster at your main post office if you have one. If that doesn't get attention, then file a claim with the postmaster general, and yes, you can and it does get immediate attention especially when you provide information showing that the locals are just watching you pass by. You need to do it now however, the longer you wait, the tougher it gets, especially with pp or a credit card.

I had 5 boxes coming to me by way of the usps a few months ago. I received three at once. Where are the other two? Well, this went on for two weeks before I called the shipper. They said the tracking had my boxes delivered, to check with the post office again. Ok, so I did. I took one of the boxes with me and forced the issue. Look around for two just like this one I yelled!!! You bunch of dummies!! Well, someone actually looked and found them. The excuse? They have been here and we left you a notice in your box and you didn't pick them up with the others! ARE YOU SERIOIUS????????? Needless to say I was out of sorts after that crap. I have been doing business there for thirty years and they know me. I let them know a few things and reminded them that I was not just some dumb ass, push me around, I'm too stupid to know better, go away customer, That's what it took. Your little package is probably sitting somewhere at a distribution center, on the floor, in the wrong section, or at someone's home. Go after them and don't let up!!!!!…………just say'n……….
Old 05-20-2015, 10:04 PM
ira d

Originally Posted by teebox11
When buying from outside of the contus boundaries, it is a crap shoot and a gamble with your money. If tracking has it in the us by sups, then they are the ones you want to get after. In dealing with the sups, remember who they are and the individuals that you have to deal with. Do they really care? No, they don't. Tell you anything to stall you and hope that you just go away. Wait!!!! Are you kidding? No, but if you push the issue, you will get someone to get off their butt. This is especially true if you refer the matter to the postmaster at your main post office if you have one. If that doesn't get attention, then file a claim with the postmaster general, and yes, you can and it does get immediate attention especially when you provide information showing that the locals are just watching you pass by. You need to do it now however, the longer you wait, the tougher it gets, especially with pp or a credit card.

I had 5 boxes coming to me by way of the usps a few months ago. I received three at once. Where are the other two? Well, this went on for two weeks before I called the shipper. They said the tracking had my boxes delivered, to check with the post office again. Ok, so I did. I took one of the boxes with me and forced the issue. Look around for two just like this one I yelled!!! You bunch of dummies!! Well, someone actually looked and found them. The excuse? They have been here and we left you a notice in your box and you didn't pick them up with the others! ARE YOU SERIOIUS????????? Needless to say I was out of sorts after that crap. I have been doing business there for thirty years and they know me. I let them know a few things and reminded them that I was not just some dumb ass, push me around, I'm too stupid to know better, go away customer, That's what it took. Your little package is probably sitting somewhere at a distribution center, on the floor, in the wrong section, or at someone's home. Go after them and don't let up!!!!!…………just say'n……….
I would not advise anyone to do what you did especially at the post office you could end up facing federal charges. however if whoever mailed the boxes did not have proof
that you signed for all five they should have been the ones after the post office to find the boxes.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 PM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flyoz

Enough HK bashing. Every other day some "hard done by"

A very balanced post, imo.

i had a consignment go missing in transit.

AFAIAC, Hobby King fulfilled their contract, in that they dispatched the goods to me, using the carrier of my choice. Of course, I chose the cheapest carrier.

Despite their having no contractual obligation to make good my losses, Hobby King pursued the matter and I was eventually offered a full refund. They didn't need to do that.

The process took about 5 months ... presumably there was some investigation being made. During that period, a nice lady regularly emailed me, to keep me updated.

I really don't see what more could have been done.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:24 AM
jgracco

HK is like Walmart.. if you want cheap we all go there… if you want customer service or don’t want the aggravation associated with shopping in wallymart then spend a few more bucks for whatever you want and go somewhere else. You do have a choice. HK has their rules posted in very plain black and white. Nothing hidden. If you order from them you have to agree to the terms. If you buy things from them you take a risk. I see guys with muffed up orders missing a part keep the product they ordered, then get a refund for their entire order via PayPal or CC and they still bash them. Kind of reminds me of someone who complains to the proprietor of a restaurant about mediocre service then manages to get their entire meal refunded and still bashes the place afterward..

Originally Posted by bogbeagle
A very balanced post, imo.

i had a consignment go missing in transit.

AFAIAC, Hobby King fulfilled their contract, in that they dispatched the goods to me, using the carrier of my choice. Of course, I chose the cheapest carrier.

Despite their having no contractual obligation to make good my losses, Hobby King pursued the matter and I was eventually offered a full refund. They didn't need to do that.

The process took about 5 months ... presumably there was some investigation being made. During that period, a nice lady regularly emailed me, to keep me updated.

I really don't see what more could have been done.

Last edited by jgracco; 05-21-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Duncman

5 months to get it resolved and you call that service?
Old 05-21-2015, 07:01 AM
billinpa

This is unacceptable and it sounds like those response emails were written by absolute imbeciles. Is there any way to contact by phone a regional marketing or sales director? Best of luck. Bill in Pa.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:51 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Again, lots of wild and baseless comments made by someone who doesn't use the company. They sell a LOT of stuff with little or no QC? Really? O.S., Futaba, Scorpion, JR, Mobius. They offer no customer service, nothing, nada? Really?
We learn from what we read and what we hear from the experience of many others. Enough people making the same complaints establish a consensus, and It's called FEEDBACK!! Good Lord......I don't need to be a blind man to step out into the middle of Main Street to get run over by a car and find out that it's every bit as bad as dead people indicate. If you got to the other side of the street without getting hit, well then good for you. Just don't act incredulous when you finally do get bloodied.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:34 AM
scale only 4 me

Am I the only one that's curious why the OP has dealt with his CC company or paypal on this?? Seams pretty easy to get your money back if you used these sources of payment. What am I missing?
Old 05-21-2015, 09:50 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Am I the only one that's curious why the OP has dealt with his CC company or paypal on this?? Seams pretty easy to get your money back if you used these sources of payment. What am I missing?

Well FlyBillyFly just posted more popcorn for you to read, better hurry.

Last edited by TheEdge; 05-21-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:51 AM
scale only 4 me

Old 05-21-2015, 11:04 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Default Pretty good Scale

Nice, you made it within 3 minutes of being notified Scale. You are the best.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...88&postcount=4
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	2097477  
Old 05-21-2015, 11:14 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Nice, you made it within 3 minutes of being notified Scale. You are the best.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...88&postcount=4
Well, it was 30 minutes, ,but who can subtract these days
Old 05-21-2015, 11:17 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Well, it was 30 minutes, ,but who can subtract these days
What ever it was, perhaps what your missing is somethng else in life. Your already the best at this Scale, you can outpost anyone, you must be impressed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11 53.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	2097499   Click image for larger version

Name:	11 55.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2097500  

Last edited by TheEdge; 05-21-2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Aw who's counting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.