Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Old 05-21-2015, 11:27 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes, and you seam to have an obsession,, you might want to get that looked at.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:29 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Yes, and you seam to have an obsession,, you might want to get that looked at.

Ahh, I get it, your saying my obsession is your obsession. Me thinks you just trying to further compliment yourself.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:29 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgracco
HK is like Walmart.. if you want cheap we all go there… if you want customer service or don’t want the aggravation associated with shopping in wallymart then spend a few more bucks for whatever you want and go somewhere else. You do have a choice. HK has their rules posted in very plain black and white. Nothing hidden. If you order from them you have to agree to the terms. If you buy things from them you take a risk. I see guys with muffed up orders missing a part keep the product they ordered, then get a refund for their entire order via PayPal or CC and they still bash them. Kind of reminds me of someone who complains to the proprietor of a restaurant about mediocre service then manages to get their entire meal refunded and still bashes the place afterward..
So where does it say that if you don't receive your order they will do everything they can to stall you? Where does it say that if a component is missing from your order you must take photographs of the missing component? Where does it say that if a component fails to operate you must provide them with a video of the component not working. All I know is none of the other hobby stores I do business with have a great big laundry list of rules that I have to agree to just to buy something from them. I pay them and they deliver, if something goes wrong they make it good right away and some of them are within pennies of Hobby King on prices.

By the way, isn't the US PR firm they hired in or near Hicksville? Just the fact that they had to hire someone like that should be a huge red flag to anyone even thinking about doing business with them.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by billinpa
This is unacceptable and it sounds like those response emails were written by absolute imbeciles. Is there any way to contact by phone a regional marketing or sales director? Best of luck. Bill in Pa.
You can't contact HK by phone or direct email but only through their online chat service, They do this on purpose to stall your claims when you have a problem.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Duncman

By golly, me thinks old topspin is on top of it, no pun intended!!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 02:57 AM
jgracco

Yeah you make my top spin alright. You should be happy you have hobby king. What might you have to complain about otherwise? Hicksville is where I live. that makes me an employee now. You just can’t accept the fact that some people do not have an issue with this vendor. These threads all track the same way with the same people then as soon as a happy camper chimes in, kapow... I read the terms and conditions. They are about as granular as any other vendor out there. Tower makes gobs of money on what they sell so they can afford to give away items at their discretion. Show me in tower's terms where it says it will replace or refund anything that you claim as missing. They do it because they charge enough that they can afford to pitch some money away.

Oh BTW I just got my 10th order this year from the east US warehouse.... 4000 mah LIPO for 11 bucks.. Tower price 50.00. Last I checked they were were both made in China but Tower sells better stuff, right?

Originally Posted by topspin
So where does it say that if you don't receive your order they will do everything they can to stall you? Where does it say that if a component is missing from your order you must take photographs of the missing component? Where does it say that if a component fails to operate you must provide them with a video of the component not working. All I know is none of the other hobby stores I do business with have a great big laundry list of rules that I have to agree to just to buy something from them. I pay them and they deliver, if something goes wrong they make it good right away and some of them are within pennies of Hobby King on prices.

By the way, isn't the US PR firm they hired in or near Hicksville? Just the fact that they had to hire someone like that should be a huge red flag to anyone even thinking about doing business with them.

Last edited by jgracco; 05-22-2015 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Duncman

Or the other way of looking at it: HK is cheap because they do not invest in customer service, pay me know or pay me later. At least with Tower you know up front what an item costs, with HK at best it is a crap shoot.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:16 AM
skippy7399

Old 05-22-2015, 08:37 AM
jgracco

I could not agree more with you ...

Originally Posted by Duncman
Or the other way of looking at it: HK is cheap because they do not invest in customer service, pay me know or pay me later. At least with Tower you know up front what an item costs, with HK at best it is a crap shoot.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:23 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

II deal with Tower but the one time I had a problem I spent forever filling out n RMA etc. With HK I once chatted and refunded within moments. It all varies.

Last edited by 4*60; 05-22-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:23 AM
scale only 4 me

On topic question,just for giggles,,

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Am I the only one that's curious why the OP has dealt with his CC company or paypal on this?? Seams pretty easy to get your money back if you used these sources of payment. What am I missing?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:42 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Yes it is-this is the PAYPAL response when HK asks you to fill out RMA's on packages not received or fill out USPS claim forms-

We have concluded our investigation into your case andhave decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $64.11 USD and this amount hasbeen credited to you. Please allow fivebusiness days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make ourbest effort to recover the balance from the seller.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:44 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

hobbyking tries to keep your money and hope you go away and not pursue.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:32 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

No problems at all. Always got the money back.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:56 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

If you are persistent enough after being lucky enough to get their attention you can get your cc refunded. However for the majority who don't know or give up it's going to be a store credit refund ; forcing the person to buy again from them. A win-win for HK.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Duncman

Funny, all the negativity about HK and only a couple of positives, Guess the vote is tallied and it is.........Hobby King sucks!!!!
Old 05-24-2015, 10:44 PM
ghostofpf1

What are you....13 ??? Same old diatribes by the same people

imgumby
Old 05-25-2015, 03:21 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
If you are persistent enough after being lucky enough to get their attention you can get your cc refunded. However for the majority who don't know or give up it's going to be a store credit refund ; forcing the person to buy again from them. A win-win for HK.
More wrong, yet again. Funny how all the universal proclamations about how this company operates are from people who don't use them, or used them once.

No persistence or luck needed, a simple single solitary notification to PP or a CC company does the trick. Lol..."forced to buy"....now HK has the ability to "FORCE" someone to buy from them. Good stuff...
Old 05-25-2015, 03:25 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
What are you....13 ??? Same old diatribes by the same people

imgumby

It worked so well for him, they figure it will work well for them......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	2098410  
Old 05-25-2015, 03:45 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by porcia83
More wrong, yet again. Funny how all the universal proclamations about how this company operates are from people who don't use them, or used them once.

No persistence or luck needed, a simple single solitary notification to PP or a CC company does the trick. Lol..."forced to buy"....now HK has the ability to "FORCE" someone to buy from them. Good stuff...
Hardly. If the average buyer calls pp it's a store credit refund. The buyer has to push HK to refund cash. Either way it's unnecessary hoop jumping . Yes when any company issues you store credit as a "refund" they are indeed forcing you to buy from them again or not buy and leave the money on the table.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:06 AM
scale only 4 me

Hardly. If the average buyer calls pp it's a store credit refund. The buyer has to push HK to refund cash. Either way it's unnecessary hoop jumping . Yes when any company issues you store credit as a "refund" they are indeed forcing you to buy from them again or not buy and leave the money on the table.
That doesn't stop you from filing a Paypal or Credit Card claim.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:33 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

therea sucker born every minute and hobby king gets them all it took me 125emails to hobby king to get my engine i sent back to them for repairs> then they gave me credit and kept the engine and then they sent me >>>> i wont tell you how many engins>>> there loss >> but i dont buy anymore from them>>ill pay the the price here in the usa>> or find out how to get what i need>> i think people on this site just put down thing s. for the heck of it
Old 05-25-2015, 06:19 AM
porcia83
Banned

Hardy right. Again, simple concept. File a complaint with PP or your credit card. I guess some people like the drama and the struggle, or in some cases repeat a story they hear from someone else rather than dealing with the problem effectively. Do they want their money back, or do they just want to fight it out for 5 months and countless e-mails. 125 e-mails (can you imagine 125 e-mails)
Old 05-25-2015, 06:26 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i dont lie belive it or not
Old 05-25-2015, 06:27 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by [email protected]
therea sucker born every minute and hobby king gets them all it took me 125emails to hobby king to get my engine i sent back to them for repairs> then they gave me credit and kept the engine and then they sent me >>>> i wont tell you how many engins>>> there loss >> but i dont buy anymore from them>>ill pay the the price here in the usa>> or find out how to get what i need>> i think people on this site just put down thing s. for the heck of it
You've done your fair share as well. People share their experiences, but in almost every case when they say anything positive about their experiences, they are put down. Since you're active in the threads, have you noticed that? Or, they respond to ridiculous generalizations like "there is a sucker born every minute and HK gets everyone of them", or ask for clarifications when comments don't make sense like : " I sent an engine for repair, they gave me a credit, then it took me 125 e-mails to get the engine back but in the meanwhile they sent me engines...but I won't tell you how many..."

????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.