Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:29 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by [email protected]
i dont lie belive it or not
Great, then post up your 125 e-mails with HK about the engines.

Or, some proof that there is a sucker born every minute and HK gets them all.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:46 AM
crashman68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over 50+ orders from hk and not one thats right !!! Never even one single problem, ?????????? And if i did i would contact paypal by phone and f
Old 05-25-2015, 01:44 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Hardly. If the average buyer calls pp it's a store credit refund. The buyer has to push HK to refund cash. Either way it's unnecessary hoop jumping . Yes when any company issues you store credit as a "refund" they are indeed forcing you to buy from them again or not buy and leave the money on the table.
Totally false claim here. HK will refund the money without any problems. They may offer a store refund first (just like Tower does). All you need to do is let them you you want your money back, done that a few times without any questions.

There are many people here who have lots of orders without any problems or problems have been resolved (after several months, HK is SLOW).
Old 05-25-2015, 02:39 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

I call BS on your last post! Oliverjacob
Old 05-25-2015, 03:12 PM
ghostofpf1

You calling him a liar ??? I have witnessed many times on the forums where HK has refunded via paypal when asked....
ghost
Old 05-25-2015, 04:02 PM
crashman68

no what im saying is i never had a problem with hk 50+ orders and if IF i did i pay with paypal i would simply call paypal and open a dispute hk wouldnt respond and i would win by default, had it happen several times on ebay, paypal dont want u to stop using them as a payment resource as they make 3.5 percent of the money u give to hk, and even if u were skeptical use a credit card thru paypal now u have 2 options if theres a problem u can call your cc company or call paypal, i would never fear being ripped off from hk, and wouldnt let a problem go past 7-10 days at the most
Old 05-25-2015, 04:18 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

I have over a ton of orders with Hobby King , Platimum member and I have defended them in countless post in this thread but I absolutly disagree with Hobby King easily refunding your money.
Its usually about opening a case and its endless banter and threats , like I said all is good when it goes well and when it goes bad its bad
Old 05-25-2015, 04:29 PM
OliverJacob

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
look, our infamous 'plane Jim' has discovered another secret HK agent. Hahaha. People like you crack me up.
I normally do not waste my time with someone like this, but I will make it simple, just for you.

I have stated my personal experience with HK, after more then 30 orders, 3 were lost (one of them was my fault, because I moved while the package was on the way).
In every case, I filed a claim and got my money back, It is that simple.

And I do not have any reason to make up stories here, what is yours, 'plane Jim" ?
Old 05-25-2015, 04:54 PM
crashman68

right on oliver man !!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:58 PM
crashman68

this is a mans man !!!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:11 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

OliverJacob your post does not reflect the truth-I called you out on it and now your upset, humiliated, embarrassed-I really don't care about your story because you lie-I said it -so what get over it.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:14 PM
ghostofpf1

OliverJacob your post does not reflect the truth-I called you out on it and now your upset, humiliated, embarrassed-I really don't care about your story because you lie-I said it -so what get over it.
Troll post from the usual unreliable source..... How ignorant can one be ?? ...LOL

imgumby
Old 05-25-2015, 06:45 PM
OliverJacob

You are not getting any smarter, 'plane Jim' no point in discussing this with you. I win.

Last edited by OliverJacob; 05-25-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:09 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by OliverJacob
Totally false claim here.
HK will refund the money without any problems.
Really? No problems? I guess that explains all of the complaints on this and every other RC site about having to jump through a ring of fire to get reimbursed by them.

They may offer a store refund first (just like Tower does). All you need to do is let them you you want your money back, done that a few times without any questions.

There are many people here who have lots of orders without any problems or problems have been resolved (after several months, HK is SLOW).

First of all, Tower doesn't do that, I don't even know where you came up with that but I'm sure it's brown.

Lastly, who in their right mind would think it's even remotely OK to have to wait for several months to be refunded? Anyone who thinks that's an acceptable business practice is an idiot and deserves to get ripped off.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
crashman68

i think what we have here is a failure to communicate, i don't believe nobody's saying they don't cause problems for people sometime, (they do) but i never had one and sure hear alot of horror stories from hk, when you have a problem there least favorite thing to do is issue a cash refund, most times its credit and u just reorder, but i also heard many times people getting the money sent back to there paypal or cc account, me i would just call paypal and file a claim, so every body is right and everybody is wrong, ...........why do i waste my time ???????
Old 05-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Rob2160

Jim I have used HK a lot and I know they are far from perfect. I have had a number of problems with non delivered orders and faulty products so I know getting a refund takes far more time and effort than it should.

But what Oliverjacob said about getting money back instead of just store credit is correct and has been my experience also. I have received several refunds to my credit card and was offered my choice of store credit or a full refund to my card several times.

Here are the emails to prove it.

Many of the complaints and criticisms about HK in this thread are fair enough and well justified. e.g. I agree with Topspin 100% that nobody should have to jump through hoops and wait months for a refund. It is unacceptable, frustrating and I totally understand why people get mad at them.

I have received refunds / replacement from other companies (CNC Heli) within hours just from a single email.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 2.33.23 PM.png
Views:	445
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	2098692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 2.35.46 PM.png
Views:	414
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	2098693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 2.30.28 PM.png
Views:	434
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2098694  

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-25-2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 05-26-2015, 04:03 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
HobbyKing is just like the New York Yankees ........

Folks either love them to the point of wanting to have their babies and get their names tattooed on their butts ,

OR ,

They hate them with every fiber of their being and will puke green slime , just like poor little Regan in the Exorcist , at their very mention !

You'll find NO "middle ground" here , I'm afraid ......

Now , ya still wanna talk about HobbyKing ? ......
Originally Posted by crashman68
i think what we have here is a failure to communicate, i don't believe nobody's saying they don't cause problems for people sometime, (they do) but i never had one and sure hear alot of horror stories from hk, when you have a problem there least favorite thing to do is issue a cash refund, most times its credit and u just reorder, but i also heard many times people getting the money sent back to there paypal or cc account, me i would just call paypal and file a claim, so every body is right and everybody is wrong, ...........why do i waste my time ???????

Way back on page two I summed up the theme of this thread and all other HK threads , and how it would play out . Was I wrong ? This is why I no longer comment pro or anti on HK threads as I truly believe these threads bring out the absolute worst in folks . True forum poison If I've ever seen it . So your question , "why do I waste my time ?" , has already been asked and answered of at least me , Buy from HK . Don't buy from HK . When you do whichever suits ya , don't ever expect to change someone's mind cause it's either tattoos or green slime , take your pick .

Over and truly out ....
Old 05-26-2015, 04:48 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't read all the posts. IMO, and I have never had a problem with USPS or UPS. Always, ALWAYS when using mail order, use PayPal and tracking numbers. I do not trust my CC's to the internet anymore. A disgruntled employee, especially those that work in the hobby industry, who get paid peanuts, could leave and take your CC info with them. Are products from HK usually drop shipped from China, or elsewhere ? Is this thread just about a few battery packs ?
Lot of discussion for a little bit of dough. Go to Horizon, Central, Chief, Tower or many other fine distributors in the USA direct, great service from all of them.
Crank
Old 05-26-2015, 08:00 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

how come there is more bad then good about hobby ki ng?????
Old 05-27-2015, 03:22 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
how come there is more bad then good about hobby ki ng?????
Because people don't come online and rant about their good experiences,, duuh
Old 05-27-2015, 05:39 AM
Duncman

The only suckers HK gets are those poor misguided souls that keep on buying from them.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Tombsy

31 orders for me and no problems, guess I'm just a sucker too. LOL.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:37 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I only have the one experience ... but, in my case, Hobby King offered me a full cash refund. That was the first option with which I was presented.

I rejected it, and asked to be credited the money, so that I could re-order the goods that I needed. After all, it was not the fault of HK that my goods went astray in the postal system.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:36 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Do we need to muster a search party to find the OP??

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Am I the only one that's curious why the OP has dealt with his CC company or paypal on this?? Seams pretty easy to get your money back if you used these sources of payment. What am I missing?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:16 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Do we need to muster a search party to find the OP??
Nah...he's probably still waiting to get it resolved, or perhaps did get it resolved but doesn't want to come back and say it. In most cases though it would have been dealt with properly with a PP o r CC complaint.

Perhaps the new guy to RCU, who joined in April and has 29 posts, almost every one virulently anti HK can find the guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.