Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:03 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow now I know why Dance Moms is such a popular show lol and why a guy like me was a paid hockey director for 8 years in my spare time to break up --yes you guessed it drama !!!
Lets stick with the facts
If you buy from Hobby King you not a poor soul, comi , loser , stupid , you are a member of the free world celebrated by many of the plane we fly made famous by the men and women remembered on Monday.
If you dont buy from Hobby King you not a troll , loser, loner , wack job , you have freedome of choice .
What I wish we could do is state our experinces as good and bad without the accusations of silly children on he said she said and who is telling the truith or not .
Too much emotion involved on making a business decision to use HK or Not .
I listed things to do if you choose to use them and I have listed my own experiences good and bad.
I also read many of the reviews on products and you can read complaints as well on there own website as they are very slow to monitor there threads.
So bottom line is stay calm, give good sound advice ( not dont buy , you a loser, sorry soul , stupid if you choose to buy or not
Old 05-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Duncman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll send out a search party, welcome to RCU and glad to be of service.

New guy since April with 29, err now 30 posts
Old 05-28-2015, 01:42 AM
LDM

Great post , you reinforce why RCU needs to be moderated more then any other RC website !
Old 05-28-2015, 02:07 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Trolls be trolling,, it's their job,, best to "ignore" them, they soon get bored and move on,, well, some do.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:51 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Stay away from them mirrors Scale.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Pete Lane
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by LDM
wow now I know why Dance Moms is such a popular show lol and why a guy like me was a paid hockey director for 8 years in my spare time to break up --yes you guessed it drama !!!
Lets stick with the facts
If you buy from Hobby King you not a poor soul, comi , loser , stupid , you are a member of the free world celebrated by many of the plane we fly made famous by the men and women remembered on Monday.
If you dont buy from Hobby King you not a troll , loser, loner , wack job , you have freedome of choice .
What I wish we could do is state our experinces as good and bad without the accusations of silly children on he said she said and who is telling the truith or not .
Too much emotion involved on making a business decision to use HK or Not .
I listed things to do if you choose to use them and I have listed my own experiences good and bad.
I also read many of the reviews on products and you can read complaints as well on there own website as they are very slow to monitor there threads.
So bottom line is stay calm, give good sound advice ( not dont buy , you a loser, sorry soul , stupid if you choose to buy or not

I think I qualify as a wack job without buying from the king Lou !

Pete ~ AKA Sonic Liner on RCG
Old 05-28-2015, 02:53 PM
LDM

Not you Pete "wack jobs" cant laught at themselves , there more postal lol !
A few more facts on HK ,
the term Backorder may mean discontinued, so dont order backorders ever as stated earlier.
Also my concern for refund was based on the following.
Many guys purchased DLE engines from HK before Great PLanes took them as a USA distributor and by the way about 35% less in cost from Hobby King .
Anyway when the change was occuring some guys had orders in with HK and they ran out of stock .
They Hobby King , were (at the time )not allowed to buy more due to the deal between DLE and Great Planes .
So the guys who bought them were kept on endless backorder and then offered store credit for things they did not need.
So my personal experince when my Pos have been lost and reading the DLE nightmares formed my conclusion that they dont offer up money for refunds in an easy manner, yet I still buy from them
Old 05-28-2015, 05:58 PM
TampaRC

Due tounexpected high volume of messages, we had a hard time coping up on the emailsthat we have received = we are getting so many complaints about our lack of customer service that we can't keep up (or we don't want to)

wHAT HAPPENED TO THAT NEW YORK CUSTOMER SERVICE location where you were suppose to get an American to solve you r issues instead of a teenage Chinese girl?
Old 05-28-2015, 06:19 PM
LDM

Theres a great saying in business "if you not part of the solution your part of the problem" so why dont you tell us what happened to the NY office and your perception of the young women customer service rep , I will leave the racist description out !
Old 05-28-2015, 06:56 PM
TampaRC

Originally Posted by LDM
Theres a great saying in business "if you not part of the solution your part of the problem" so why dont you tell us what happened to the NY office and your perception of the young women customer service rep , I will leave the racist description out !
Its not racist if you tell the truth. What about all those videos with the American guys at the shows and tents and all those good things, where are THEY when the orders go wrong and all you have left is a Chinese girl to solve the problems......where are the new York guys?
Old 05-28-2015, 10:39 PM
iroanyikey

The tracking says it's at a dead mail center, meaning the box was most likely too damaged to be delivered.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:40 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by TampaRC
Its not racist if you tell the truth. What about all those videos with the American guys at the shows and tents and all those good things, where are THEY when the orders go wrong and all you have left is a Chinese girl to solve the problems......where are the new York guys?
They are only there to sell stuff ......not take care of problems. As far as this lone CS rep in NY ,if you are not part of the "club" and know the double secret handshake you won't know about this guy and are stuck with the CS that HK dishes out .
Old 05-29-2015, 02:58 AM
LDM

Iron , I had that happen on my worse order from HK . They did refund me and then eventually my package was actually delivered and it was ok . However with that note I suggest you do everything possible to get your money back.

I am going to take this thread back to RC ! For those that missed why or why not to order from HK.
1) if your an eletric flyer , you will save as much as 35% on powerful field proven batterys
2) 2.4 receivers , 66% ( please dont buy them lol )
3) servos --I only buy USA sold brands like HiTec, Futaba but on micro servos I have proven servos from HK at about 50% less
4) motors and esc--about 45% savings
5)eletric retracts, 45%
6)Three blade large wood props --35%
7)gas engines ---on DLE, you were---past tense able to save about 35% , I think there gone I dont check any longer

Rules with HK
1) dont buy back order/out of stock ever , you do and you are asking for major problems--HK is not like Tower and other US companies when backorder means comeing back soon , they may never come back in stock
2) when ordering look in the USA warehouse first
3)read reviews --HK does not remove negative reviews so you can see what others thinks on the product your buying
4)when you have a problem copy and paiset your communication in a simple file on your computer , you will be asked to open a case copy and save that communication
5)understand that shipping from China can be three weeks on avg if you buy from the international waerhouse so dont buy it if you need it next week.
6) I try not to buy lipos from overseas now that they have a USA DC, the reason is certain carriers get held by customs due to the 911 restrictions on large explosive items like a lipo battery. That happen to me on a order in August last year.
7) when you have unresolved issues ( 6 weeks) after opening a file I escalate the matter by telling the person I want a supervisor and again that is only if the products I ordered can not be obtained from other outlets in the USA --example a P40 spinner designed for the Hobby King P40 N .

Many say look for USA distributors shops, well for me I have a 90 min ride to Allentown to TRains Planes and Lanes , I will buy all my planes there, paints, glues, ect because they are super good guys and give great disounts . Local to Reading Pa--well one shop is Hobbytown and they really should just close, I go in and try to support them but ther so rude , two owners and one worker in a store that needs one person lol and when you ask for something you feel like the guy on the rasor commercial asking for a blade. We also have Iron Horse Hobby, again super guys but they reall focus on cars, trains, planes and support of planes would be last in inventory.

The last note on HK , we all know they need to improve, the funny thing is that as much business as they do , they could do at leaste 35% more with real management . They are a typicall example of being lucky vs being good, there lucky that no one else copied there model.
IMagine if ---Great Planes, Horison said --ok we will have a USA office and operation , but lets open a new division --low cost exports division direct to USA consumer from an HK office !! Well if they use there great business savy they could there USA operation and direct import low cost operation and easily win the customer service war .
Old 05-29-2015, 03:50 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
They are only there to sell stuff ......not take care of problems. As far as this lone CS rep in NY ,if you are not part of the "club" and know the double secret handshake you won't know about this guy and are stuck with the CS that HK dishes out .
Funny how the Hobby King bashers know of a secret Club no one else does,, Why not stick with facts and cut the nonsense.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:15 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

That's the fact Jack. The average Joe-Six-Pack HK customer with a problem knows nothing about this CS guy.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:15 AM
Captain Terrific
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
OliverJacob your post does not reflect the truth-I called you out on it and now your upset, humiliated, embarrassed-I really don't care about your story because you lie-I said it -so what get over it.
Seems a little angry to me...
Old 05-29-2015, 06:23 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
That's the fact Jack. The average Joe-Six-Pack HK customer with a problem knows nothing about this CS guy.
Sorry, you need someone to explain the difference between Facts and Opinions

Just because some one doesn't know something, doesn't mean the information is being withheld from them, most cases it means they are not looking for it until they need it. Do you expect HK to have a Big pop up banner that says,, "Wait, before you send money go read the forums and see what the small percentage of customers who've had problems say"

All this is pissing in the wind,, but if you help one guy,,, right?
Old 05-29-2015, 12:21 PM
TheEdge
Banned

I guess, if you can't help yourself, at least try to help someone else.

Makes you feel good hey Scale.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:42 PM
LDM

sorry but in the virtual world we live in shame on you if you dont do your research.
I have a 24 year old son "mystery illness" for 4 months we let the some of the best MDs in the world run all sorts of test , MS, Lupis, blood ect, nothing , then they say" its anaxiety" . This is a 24year old thriving healthy kid never had a care in the world, good looking , Athlete, great job so lets put him on Anxiety meds. So I joined an anaxiety board, you want get depressed do that to see what we are doing to kids on meds.
I kept pushing for answers, found an MD on line that thinks out of the box, he sent his blood work to Cali, he has Lyme and 4 coinfetions of lyme, all the best ones missed it,it was easier to put him on anaxity meds.
Good thing his dad researches everything from a stupid hobby purchase to meds, MDs and anything important to you and your family.
Google is a wonderful tool
Old 05-29-2015, 03:21 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by LDM
sorry but in the virtual world we live in shame on you if you dont do your research.
I have a 24 year old son "mystery illness" for 4 months we let the some of the best MDs in the world run all sorts of test , MS, Lupis, blood ect, nothing , then they say" its anaxiety" . This is a 24year old thriving healthy kid never had a care in the world, good looking , Athlete, great job so lets put him on Anxiety meds. So I joined an anaxiety board, you want get depressed do that to see what we are doing to kids on meds.
I kept pushing for answers, found an MD on line that thinks out of the box, he sent his blood work to Cali, he has Lyme and 4 coinfetions of lyme, all the best ones missed it,it was easier to put him on anaxity meds.
Good thing his dad researches everything from a stupid hobby purchase to meds, MDs and anything important to you and your family.
Google is a wonderful tool
Great Job-I hope everything works out well!!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 03:43 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Default Good recommendation.

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Great Job-I hope everything works out well!!!!
Wow, I just tried a search for "Help regarding issues not pertaining to the building and flying of models" on Google and I was presented with 26 pages of links that were all responses from Scale on various RC sites.

Guys, he's like the DR Phil of everything RC Drama.

I'm so bloody impressed.

Worth mentioning also was second place, some Porcia dude and I only think he is second coz some places have apparently ended their relationship with him and so he's not able to help the poor folks there anymore.. But this Scale dude certainly gets the most popcorn award from Billy award.

Bravo
Old 05-29-2015, 05:38 PM
LDM

Thanks Jim , anyone have any issues related or suspected to lyme please PM me I will tell you what we did.
Anyway back to RC !!! Sorry for the side rant !
Old 05-29-2015, 06:02 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

why do we have to talk about getting ripped off from hobby king>> people get ripped off on a lot of things my ford dealer ripped ,me off and i still drive a ford
Old 05-29-2015, 07:49 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by [email protected]
why do we have to talk about getting ripped off from hobby king>> people get ripped off on a lot of things my ford dealer ripped ,me off and i still drive a ford
Its human nature, people need to vent when they are unhappy, angry or frustrated. I don't have a problem with that. I do it too.

Posting about a bad experience with a Hobby Store or a product can be beneficial and educational for others.

But personal attacks on other forum members for having a different opinion is unnecessary and brings nothing good to this hobby.

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-29-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:58 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Its human nature, people need to vent when they are unhappy, angry or frustrated. I don't have a problem with that. I do it too.

Posting about a bad experience with a Hobby Store or a product can be beneficial and educational for others.

But personal attacks on other forum members for having a different opinion is unnecessary and brings nothing good to this hobby.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.