Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

TRAXXAS, what did you do wrong? . Extremely disappointed

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

TRAXXAS, what did you do wrong? . Extremely disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 11:03 AM
trucktrial

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRAXXAS, what did you do wrong? . Extremely disappointed

For 9 years I´ve been a customer of Traxxas.
I used to show pics and reports about their products their forum and my personal page http://rc-hiking.com/index-eng.htm (over 3000 photos).
In January I received an email from an employee of the marketing department, with an
offer of free stuff in exchange of making photos, and allowing them the perpetual
commercial ussage of pics, these conditions were writeen on a waiver that I accepted to sign.

Three months later, having they the right over my pics, I have not received anything
from the agreed stuff yet. On the next link, you can see the received mails and any further explanation.
http://rc-hiking.com/var/badmarketing.htm

My only intention is to warn you if you receive similar offers.
* All questions about this topic in his facebook, and their forums are immediately deleted without explanation
Old 05-23-2015, 03:50 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

So have they used any of your photos? If not then it would stand to reason you got nothing coming... regardless of any permissions they have. The first email remark "All we ask is that you capture more beautiful, amazing photos with the products I send you" is all it looks like they're bartering for. If they haven't used any photos, and haven't sent you any products, its a dead horse man. If they do use them, you "might" stand a chance for some free product, that based on the initial email that contained their "OFFER". With that said though.. you can sue anybody for anything, you can even get a judgement in your favor.. all that and .50 cents won't buy a cup of coffee, or make them give you anything.

Keep an eye on their sites and advertisements... and if they use anything you've produced... then you write them a formal letter. It might even stand to reason they will just pull the pics off your pages/posts... I can probably assure you though, pages pulled off the web are far from being any kind of quality for print production.. so they only place they could use them would be the web. You would have to send them hi-res files for any kind of printed media..
Good luck with it..... and yeah... the few pics I see are pretty darn good.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:09 AM
trucktrial

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your right in some way, but they did not cancell my signed pdf.

*There should not be such lack of coordination in the marketing dpt.
*It is quite hard to prove that they indeed used or not one of my photos in their advertising
*There are photos on wallpaper directory with quite enough quality to print on A4 . Obviousely in Web, the resolution is 600 * 450 at 72 ppi.
*There is a email where I informed them that same pictures are available in higher resolution.
*They have not answered my request of cancellation of the signed document for that right.

I'm not just talking about facts, also about the care to the customer and their rights..A large company cheating for some photos and a RC car?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:49 PM
cetme308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Generally I would say if you are making any type of agreement with a company to give the rights to blah blah for blah blah, its best to make sure you have that type of lawyer involved.