Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Old 06-04-2015, 12:03 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Look , gents , Once you get past my brash posting style , can any one of you honestly say I'm wrong ? The Original Poster put up a post that went way beyond an incident description , it was a hatchet job on QQ and Dribbe and the character attack really wasn't called for in the supposedly factual telling of events . As folks here asked the OP questions about the gaps in his story , HIS posts became more and more aggressive/defensive/belligerent to the point that it sure looked like he was lying to the casual observer . At some point , the OP began demanding the thread be closed and that no one could discuss this any more . (he edited all his posts to read the same single statement they do now about "resolution")... NO WAY PAL ! , you don't get to dictate to the board what can and can not be discussed , even if you did start the discussion was my response , It's right there in the RCU rules that as long as no RCU rules are being broken , no one can demand any conversation be ended , only a moderator has the power to steer the flow of the conversation . So yea , I blasted the guy for the gall of trying to tell the rest of the board to basically "SHUT UP" , which was the sentiment of his posts and so I get labeled the bad guy ? Fine , got big shoulders , and less emotional investment here than I seem to be getting credit for . It just couldn't go unchallenged that the OP was going after two respected fellow RCers reputations in essentially extorting money from them with his "replace my planes or I'll trash your name" campaign when all the while it was HIM who was at fault for the plane's demise in the first place ! These two guy's reputations ARE their selling power and it is a rotten underhanded attack on their money making capabilities when lies like the OP told are allowed to stand as fact .

Who here can say I'm wrong ?
Holy Crap!

Mike
Old 06-04-2015, 12:04 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
libby: Liberal

Thank You sir , I was honestly curious as to the meaning of that , and I appreciate your answer .

Originally Posted by cloudancer03
so close the thread!rcu needs to keep this kind of stuff off so the rest of us dont have to listen to such diatribe and bull.frankly this issue should have been resolved with the contest directors and both parties should as professionals been willing to discuss the incident in private and resolve it mutually .airing this stuff openly does nothing to promote anyone or the event or the hobby.while not being there i have served as a flightline director so i can relate to the event.but not having been there and witnessing the event unfold I cant take side.but i do feel joe nall officials should have set up a meeting in private and mediate this without using the rcu as a place to blasts people.honestly i dont come to the rcu network much because in the past you hear from nasty ill intended people whether or not its about ama and dues or vendors and now fueds on the flite line.

I sincerely hope this kind of situation does not occur again on rcu.it really lowers the bar for everyone.
I would hope that also , that of course being that folks don't "jump the gun" and publicly "go for the throat" in the way the OP did here . The whole character attack theme of the opening post was ugly . REAL ugly. and has no place in any decent forum .....

Last edited by init4fun; 06-04-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:06 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Holy Crap!

Mike
Ok , Mike don't agree , Duly noted .....
Old 06-04-2015, 12:20 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, Were you flying 3D and without a spotter? Sorry if I missed your side in all of this.
Thanks,

Luke
Old 06-04-2015, 12:23 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happened to Condor060? He invites people that were there to comment, I do, and call him on his lies then he disappears. I guess his post didn't work out as planned.

Were we really supposed to buy into the fact that someone hovering 50-100 feet away caused him to loose orientation and crash after ADMITTING trying to buzz Dave?
Then we're supposed to believe that Fred mid-airing QQ on purpose (a failed attempt to buzz him again) is also QQ fault?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

yes,,,means Liberal.... It seems to me that every time something is controversial, people want to "Sweep it under a rug" instead of hitting the problem head on... that's how MOST libbies do, and All I'm saying is that we have all been there with "hotrods" thinking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, THINKING,,,,,,,,,, they are better than the rest of us... don't sweep it,,,FIX IT... keep the thread open, and keep us informed!!!!
Old 06-04-2015, 02:08 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I believe at least 3 times condor said he would like to close this thread? Maybe that's where he went?
I was at Nall for near the entire time.. Pity I didn't spend much time in the Electric area.. Maybe I would have seen this.
We all know the eye witnesses suck. and that would include me were I there. So even if I saw the event its likely I may or may not get the facts right.
We have a adversarial judicial system where as all parties who feel they were wronged can speak on their own behalf. Condor must have thought he was wronged..so he spoke out..
Was that the best decision on his part?.. Probably not..but in these days of public everything it happens. A Lot.
Does that make him scum? doubtful. Is Dave R and QQ scum? nope.. Most likely this is a case of Misunderstanding.
Can I just get an Amen to this ?
Old 06-04-2015, 02:19 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by BobH
I believe at least 3 times condor said he would like to close this thread? Maybe that's where he went?
I was at Nall for near the entire time.. Pity I didn't spend much time in the Electric area.. Maybe I would have seen this.
We all know the eye witnesses suck. and that would include me were I there. So even if I saw the event its likely I may or may not get the facts right.
We have a adversarial judicial system where as all parties who feel they were wronged can speak on their own behalf. Condor must have thought he was wronged..so he spoke out..
Was that the best decision on his part?.. Probably not..but in these days of public everything it happens. A Lot.
Does that make him scum? doubtful. Is Dave R and QQ scum? nope.. Most likely this is a case of Misunderstanding.
Can I just get an Amen to this ?
Works for me.

Mike
Old 06-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Axle Al

Well I have to comment. There would be no winner from the start of this. But I feel for Condor, here's why. The 3D guy went up after the first formation flight began. Condor crew made a stink. Then later 3D guy went up AGAIN after second formation flight began. Yes Condor did or did not handle this all well. But the second time was pure spitefulness by 3D guy. Who has not seen this kind of behavior at their airfield? With the mixing of 3D planes and turbines and gliders and electric and glow and gas and now sometimes quadcopters there are more "clicks" than ever and conflicts over airspace. Runway ettiquet and the pattern are a problem. I wish the AMA mag would keep a monthly column to educate about it. It's the number one Joykill of your day at the field to have this happen to you. In conclusion I say the 3D guys that did that to condor are the typical egotistical hotshots that have no respect for others. They must think they are astronauts, not model airplane flyers. These are the kind of guys who don't know it, but when they show up to fly, more people disapprove of their flying than do. Maybe they are not that bad but screw em, I have made my Judgement.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:30 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish there was a way to know out of all the posters here what number have actually attended an event. I have been to many and "Even a very well organized event is chaos at the flight line". Also being one whom owns a few expensive models I also understand that each time they are started there is the chance they will not return home in one piece. If we can't afford to lose them we should not have them. Now don't go yelling, I know we all have them and intend on keeping them for a long time but **** happens.
I also have to add that when I go flying if there is anything amiss at the field my planes stay in the trailer. But, I have been up when that one guy no one wants to fly with starts his and my spotter lets me know "Get the hell out of the skies". Bam, I'm on the ground.
Init4fun, I applaud the idea of protecting the innocent but are you not doing what you wish to prevent. Most everyone on forums like to talk like old women around the washboard. It's ok my friend we are all adults here. As for QQ and Dave, well, I would imagine they would get a good laugh out of all the hoopla going on here.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:16 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

ahh I worked on flightlines and its not chaos.its organized and every pilot has a spotter and if told not to take off they dont take off.no pilot takes it upon himself yo just go ahead big name or not,3d was not a killjoy .apparently there was some confusion about the electric flight line but not being there i wont speculate.but certainly it seemed the formation flight was well underway and someone as experienced as these 2 3d pilots were should have had the courtesy to do 3d beyond the thr runway while a demo was going on. but enough said i dont want to speculate anymore or participate in this circus I am going to go back to another popluar flying web site where things are a bit better controlled. rcu seems to have less and less about rc and more about griping and non rc stuff.too bad.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:46 PM
az3d
My Feedback: (59)

Nailed it!

I still have a hard time believing that 10 people (5 pilots and 5 spotters) couldn't get QQ or Dave's attention when they were 20 feet away.

My take on the situation was that you and your crew wanted to fly in formation to put on a show. You were upset that Dave was flying at the same time and as you put it "trying to cash in on the crowd you had gathered", so you instruct your crew to buzz him. Then you loose orientation and crash your plane cause you were focused on Dave. Do I have that part correct?

Then 2 hours later when you put on another "show" QQ launches his plane. Kinda made you mad again huh? So to rectify the situation you buzz him again only this time contact was made and you lost anther airplane. Again with 10 people vs just QQ. Nobody could communicate?

Oh, and PLEASE show me where the "Electric line" at Nall prohibits 3D flying?

I flew on the electric line and was there when QQ was flying his plane. So please tell me I'm wrong.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Axle Al

Originally Posted by fingpilot
The situation on the electric flight line was completely out of control this year. No 'pattern' at all. People who had no business flying at all, were criss-crossing back and forth, high-speed downwind passes way too close to the zero line (yes, downwind close in IS backwards to the pattern).

I was camped directly in front of the electric line and watched a weeks' worth of madness. There was no effort on anyone's part to exert any common sense to what was going on. I attended several of the pilots' meetings and the rules and procedures were explained, but it was like a fart in the wind when it came time to fly. I flew several times and lost two planes to midairs with guys going the wrong way, or hovering in front of the pilot stations.

One of the best things I saw was an elderly gent with a buddy box trying to get someone to help him fly. I had decided that when I landed I was going to go help him. He found someone while I was up. Then my spotter told me to get ready to run! The large Carbon Cub had taken off and immediately veered towards the pilot stations. It crashed 3 feet behind me and the pilot stations. After I was on the ground, it was discovered that it was the first flight on the plane and radio, and that the student (old guy) had the master radio, and his 'safety' pilot (instructor) was holding the slave transmitter. This same guy had earlier in the week lost two other planes; an Icon with no discernable control inputs into the trees behind the flite line AND behind all the campers in the new section, and an old-timey looking wooden built-up plane that had folded it's wing at Mach 2 in a dive right after takeoff. Both with buddy boxes, probably also reversed.......

I won't be going back to the Nall. There was a flight line person responsible for things at the E-line, but he was ineffective (politically correct here).

The E-fest at least still has control measures in place.
I believe this guy "Nailed It"
Old 06-05-2015, 03:34 AM
init4fun

What happened to Condor060? He invites people that were there to comment, I do, and call him on his lies then he disappears. I guess his post didn't work out as planned.

Were we really supposed to buy into the fact that someone hovering 50-100 feet away caused him to loose orientation and crash after ADMITTING trying to buzz Dave?
Then we're supposed to believe that Fred mid-airing QQ on purpose (a failed attempt to buzz him again) is also QQ fault?

Ok , since were all giving recognition of who we think "nailed it" , I think AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken here has the best take on the situation .

Now , since Mr Fred Culbertson seems to have had his "poor poor me" story shot down in flames by someone who was actually there , If he were ANY kind of "stand up guy" he would not only apologize to the two gents he tried to extort money from , he would also apologize to Mrs. Ilona Maine for wasting HER time for having to read his extortion letter/hatchet job he tried to pull on QQ and Dribbe . Sorry Fred , but a man SO quick to besmirch two men's names should be JUST as quick to APOLOGIZE when the facts plain outright don't support the allegations you levied against them ! Anyone can make a mistake , although I don't even give you credit for that , I don't think this was a mistake at all , instead a purposeful attempt at extortion . Most folks , proven to be "mistaken" show their TRUE colors by their next move . Real men apologize in the face of facts bearing out a different version of events . Some folks sneak away quietly , with no spine to face the music . I really wonder which we're dealing with here .

Ok MikeT , now's the time for another of your "Holy Crap" posts . Just remember , those who talk crap WILL be reincarnated as TOILET PAPER !!!!

Last edited by init4fun; 06-05-2015 at 05:25 AM. Reason: remove personal attack
Old 06-05-2015, 04:06 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by acerc
Init4fun, I applaud the idea of protecting the innocent but are you not doing what you wish to prevent. Most everyone on forums like to talk like old women around the washboard. It's ok my friend we are all adults here. As for QQ and Dave, well, I would imagine they would get a good laugh out of all the hoopla going on here.
Hi Ace ,

Hey , I know my posting style may be a bit extreme , but this issue really needed to be dragged into the light of day kicking and screaming , instead of being treated with kid gloves . This guy came into our forum with one purpose only , to smear the names of QQ and Dribbe and to force them , under threat of further defamation of their names , to replace aircraft that his own poor flying cost him . We've all seen the type , when the foam confetti flies , it's everyone's fault except the guy holding the TX ! "I was hit with interference" , , "you were in MY way" , and a million other lame excuses as to why it's someone elses' fault that he couldn't control his model . I just couldn't sit idly by while two respected fellow flyers were dragged through the mud by someone with a financial agenda . Simply put , Fred owes QQ and Dribbe , Illona Maine , and really the whole rest of the forum as well , a true and real apology for stinking up the place with his garbage .

Call me old fashioned , or just plain old , but ALL men make mistakes , , and REAL men own up to them , apologize , and move on with life just a bit wiser for the experience .
Old 06-05-2015, 04:19 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by init4fun
Ok , since were all giving recognition of who we think "nailed it" , I think AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken here has the best take on the situation .

Now , since Mr Fred Culbertson seems to have had his "poor poor me" story shot down in flames by someone who was actually there , If he were ANY kind of "stand up guy" he would not only apologize to the two gents he tried to extort money from , he would also apologize to Mrs. Ilona Maine for wasting HER time for having to read his extortion letter/hatchet job he tried to pull on QQ and Dribbe . Sorry folks , but till he has the MOXIE to come here and make a PUBLIC apology , I think he IS "scum" in my view , using the descriptor provided by Bob H in a previous post . Sorry Fred , but a man SO quick to besmirch two men's names should be JUST as quick to APOLOGIZE when the facts plain outright don't support the low down allegations you levied against them ! Anyone can make a mistake , although I don't even give you credit for that , I don't think this was a mistake at all , instead a purposeful attempt at extortion . Most folks , proven to be "mistaken" show their TRUE colors by their next move . Real men apologize in the face of facts bearing out a different version of events . Some folks sneak away quietly , with no spine to face the music . I really wonder which we're dealing with here .

Ok MikeT , now's the time for another of your "Holy Crap" posts . Just remember , those who talk crap WILL be reincarnated as TOILET PAPER !!!!
OK here goes Holy Crap!
Happy Now?

Have a great day.
Mike
Old 06-05-2015, 04:35 AM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

wow this is all super funny from my PC view lol whatever happened, these are cheap Chinese foamies were talking about? Id pay just to see anything FMS shredded in flight.. cant stand FMS products nor their local representation.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:42 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Couple years ago at our small club warbird event, a "foamie" was flying against the pattern, Midaired and took down a $2500 1/5 scale, caca pasa
Old 06-05-2015, 04:43 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by rcmiket
OK here goes Holy Crap!
Happy Now?

Have a great day.
Mike
Thanks Buddy , and Happy Flying to you as well !

So really , I know my posts rile some folks , but when we're talking about two gent's reputations , whose income is directly related to those reputations , It is darned critical to "get it right" and not hang a couple of innocent men on the accusations of a man whose facts have been called into question by at least one impartial eyewitness . We've heard this our whole lives ; "It's far easier to trash a reputation than it is to polish one" , when false accusations such as this are levied .

And now , to prove being a man of MY word , I hereby apologize to anyone offended by my "over the top" posting style . For real . Now just know this apology does not extend to my point or the intent of my posts , I believe what I believe , but if my delivery grates on the nerves that truly isn't my intent .

Last edited by init4fun; 06-05-2015 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:31 PM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

I am sorry I am late to the party here, I am the pilot of the second airplane that was lost, my plane struck Quique's plane. Due to Quique and David's planes hovering on a flight line where hovering isn't permitted on previous passes my spotter instructed me to take evasive turns or pull up out of the pattern to avoid the two hovering planes. At the time my plane hit Quique's plane I was 25 feet in front of flight station #2 flying toward flight station #3 between 25-30' from the ground. I was in the pattern flying a straight fly by, my spotter had requested that the two hovering planes move to the middle of the pattern. After the mid air my plane fell about 30' in front of flight station #3. After picking up the parts of my plane, I had hopped to have a calm debrief with Quique but his friend/other pilot David Ribbe started pointing his finger at me saying, "it's his fault he was flying though the center of the pattern where we are suppose to hover." (Keep in mind, no hovering is permitted) So much for a calm debrief or any hope of getting a sorry, or let me replace your plane. The conversation went down hit fast. I have flown with Fred a couple of times but don't profess to know him well, but I don't believe he was trying to defame Quique or David. I could be wrong but I feel that after having conversations with these men, who were arrogant on unapologetic for their role in the events, plus several attempts to contact them going unanswered, Fred was trying to get them to be stand up gentile men, which I am please to report they have in Fred's case. Regarding my loss, to my knowledge they haven't taken any action but I was unable to get in touch with FMS today for confirmation. Bottom line, every time you fly your plane you are taking a risk that it will not return in the same condition it departed the earth in, I did everything I could do to keep my plane safe except for listening to my gut which told me to stand down because of the other pilots and their disregard to anyone else attempting to fly. If a cordial conversation happened after the mid air and hey I am sorry about your airplane would have happened I would have been content. That isn't what happened and I don't feel that Quique or David should get a pass and people look other other way because of who they are. If I messed up and didn't own up to it I know people wouldn't look the other way for me and don't expect them too. I hope that everyone will learn something from this and that the staff at Joe Nall will work toward providing a safer environment to fly in. Hopefully everyone will be able to sit down and laugh about this next year at Nall.

Sincerly,

Gavin Woodruff
Old 06-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Axle Al

I just don't understand why Condor got the Judge Judy treatment. After the first incident, Condor walked over to 3D. They knew, they laughed at the little foamies. Anybody thinks fellow flyers deserve that. Disrespect the plane, disrespect the man. You like that behavior, you'll get yours. Try to remember it when your getting dumped on when you out in the world. I looked these 3D guys up, wow! some of the most famous toy airplane drivers around. So what. If they are that good then they should be held to a higher standard of behavior, At this point they are failing. Could not wait a few minutes for lowly foamies to have fun? That's just pathetic! There's no form of RC flying that impresses me enough that I will abandon my judgement of whats right and wrong. This poor behavior is not far removed from children playing in sand boxes or teenagers in high school. Society has a problem with kids bullying and we got these "grown ups" acting the same! Their egos are matched by the size of the price tags of their models. And they deserve an apology? That's hilarious. How many times have they done this to fellow flyers? This should be the turning point for this type or RC modelers country wide. These types of "flyers" are going to far. They need to Get some maturity and manners, respect for others. You are not astronaults, or movie stars. Your just good at what most of the world calls, flying Toy airplanes. And apparently there are some who are so awed by these stick jockeys that they will go berserk against a fellow flyer who stands up for his American rights. This whole post has been a disgrace to the hobby but maybe some people will change their behavior. Somebody named Condor deserves the apology, and not just from the 3D guys.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:02 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by balsadust74
I am sorry I am late to the party here, I am the pilot of the second airplane that was lost, my plane struck Quique's plane. Due to Quique and David's planes hovering on a flight line where hovering isn't permitted on previous passes my spotter instructed me to take evasive turns or pull up out of the pattern to avoid the two hovering planes. At the time my plane hit Quique's plane I was 25 feet in front of flight station #2 flying toward flight station #3 between 25-30' from the ground. I was in the pattern flying a straight fly by, my spotter had requested that the two hovering planes move to the middle of the pattern. After the mid air my plane fell about 30' in front of flight station #3. After picking up the parts of my plane, I had hopped to have a calm debrief with Quique but his friend/other pilot David Ribbe started pointing his finger at me saying, "it's his fault he was flying though the center of the pattern where we are suppose to hover." (Keep in mind, no hovering is permitted) So much for a calm debrief or any hope of getting a sorry, or let me replace your plane. The conversation went down hit fast. I have flown with Fred a couple of times but don't profess to know him well, but I don't believe he was trying to defame Quique or David. I could be wrong but I feel that after having conversations with these men, who were arrogant on unapologetic for their role in the events, plus several attempts to contact them going unanswered, Fred was trying to get them to be stand up gentile men, which I am please to report they have in Fred's case. Regarding my loss, to my knowledge they haven't taken any action but I was unable to get in touch with FMS today for confirmation. Bottom line, every time you fly your plane you are taking a risk that it will not return in the same condition it departed the earth in, I did everything I could do to keep my plane safe except for listening to my gut which told me to stand down because of the other pilots and their disregard to anyone else attempting to fly. If a cordial conversation happened after the mid air and hey I am sorry about your airplane would have happened I would have been content. That isn't what happened and I don't feel that Quique or David should get a pass and people look other other way because of who they are. If I messed up and didn't own up to it I know people wouldn't look the other way for me and don't expect them too. I hope that everyone will learn something from this and that the staff at Joe Nall will work toward providing a safer environment to fly in. Hopefully everyone will be able to sit down and laugh about this next year at Nall.

Sincerly,

Gavin Woodruff
Regardless of ultimate fault, it seems pretty clear that miscommunications (especially about 3D hovering) probably played a roll in what happened here. Still, I think your comments about what happened bring the picture into better focus, and were pretty balanced and factual overall. Thanks for adding them. It's good to hear that at least part of the issue is being resolved.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Axle Al

Originally Posted by porcia83
This will probably not go as you had planned, I would suggest deleting it all and I'll do the same with my comments too. I suspect it will get ugly, it already looks ugly. A vendor complaining about a competitor, making lots of assumptions and unfounded innuendos, speaking on behalf of others, and not appearing to take any responsibility for his own actions. Yikes, get the popcorn ready.

I might have missed it, but where were your spotters? You said everyone is required to have one, did your flight team each have one as well? What were they doing while this all went down? If you didn't have them why. If you did, it seems as though they failed at their job.

If I read your comments right, while flying your plane you started watching the other plane, then began to try to talk with the other pilot, then started walking over to him and then started speaking angrily to him telling him to land the plane (while he is still flying). All the while you are also flying but then you "lost your mustang in the chaos". It sure sounded chaotic. It seems like you were the only one who lost a plane as well, the other planes were all able to land. If I'm not mistaken, it's a pretty size able runway....should anyone feel panicked about landing there? If I got the facts right, do you think there is anything you could have done differently? Do you think any of your actions contributed to the demise of your Mustang?

There are always two sides to every story, and then the truth. Here we have only your side and it's far from factual. You've made lot's of opinion based comments (that you might want to revise once you cool down) that I think diminish your credibility. Yes, that's my opinion based solely on what I've read. Here's mainly why:

"why would anyone expect them to act different if they purchased a new Flex Innovations aircraft from them?" What? Has nothing to do with anything, just a transparent knock on another vendor.

"He was just looking to cash in on the crowd we attracted to the flight line at a cost of everyone’s safety risk" (you own a company and make a comment like that about someone else?)

"They all have come to the same conclusion" Are you authorized to speak on their behalf? Why aren't they here telling everyone what happened? Did you tell them you were going to do this?

"The general consensus is that Mr. Ribbe and Mr, Quique can do what they want because they are RC celebrities". General concensus among who? Was a petition or declaration signed to this effect?

"The fact that they feel they can jump on the electric line for a Flex Innovation stage to hover aircraft during our formation flight and not use a spotter with total disregard for his fellow pilots on the flight line is just irresponsible and negligent at best" There is nothing here to prove they did this, nor showed intentional disregard.

"My disappointment is directed at the attitude of Mr. Ribbe and Mr. Quique about the situation as well as their arrogance in refusing to yield to the flight team during our formation flight as well as their total disregard for the aircraft we lost. We never received so much as an apology" This I think gets the heart of the matter....some lingering anger issues over not being told "sorry" Would that have made it better?

"Since Mr. Ribbe and Mr. Quique are ignoring our request for discussion it is more apparent they feel above the situation and are above reproach" No, they probably feel like this was at best an accident and having been yelled at by you while they were flying, they probably feel like it's best to not engage.

So you took the complaint to the CD of the event and he called a meeting after getting your written statements. And then what? What happened? Did he speak to the other parties? Other than having more airbosses next year, what did he say. If he, and the directors felt there had been such reckless disregard here by the other two pilots, what do you think they should/could have done with them? Are you not upset with the CD as well?

What do you expect to accomplish with a complaint to the AMA?

Since you posted in a public forum, you're going to get opinions. It's nothing personal, you now have mine. I don't know any of the parties involved, but I think it was really poor form and execution on your part to do what you have done. I'm guessing you might feel like people will take the other parties side because you perceive them as some type of celebrities. Perhaps that will happen but I don't think so.

I'd delete it all.......I don't think you will accomplish anything positive here.
are you eating "crow pie" uhh damage control. Condor deserves the apology
Old 06-05-2015, 03:26 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by Axle Al
are you eating "crow pie" uhh damage control. Condor deserves the apology
You can't be more wrong on all accounts.

If you can't see the difference between the first post in this thread from the first pilot, and the most recent one from the second pilot, it's doubtful there is anything I can really say that will change your mind.

From your post #81, you seemed to make your mind up based on one person's statement. You disregarded pretty much everything else, including comments from folks who were there. I noted it would be nice to hear from everyone, especially given how the OP's comments were confusing, and laced with personal attacks. The majority of on topic thread comments that followed seemed to support what I said earlier. It didn't look like the OP got the responses he wanted, deleted his comments, and went away. I was reasonably certain he would do that, hence the "quote". Had he done it immediately it would have stopped the what was pretty clear would come. But instead, he got defensive and then deleted everything.

Now we have a second statement from someone who was there, and it clarifies some issues. See where this is going? More info.....Two out of 4 that were actually involved. I said it was good to hear from someone else, it gives more perspective. The second guy was more factual, reasonable, and for me more credible. Did you see how he still insisted 3D flying wasn't allowed, despite info from other pilots who were there that said that it was, and how that conflicted with the published rules? I did, and seemed to indicate this was probably a LACK OF COMMUNICATION issue.

This doesn't take anything away from what my initial response was to the OP, who again...has left the thread after seemingly getting what he wanted. He's certainly free to come back and let everyone know how it resolved.

Last edited by porcia83; 06-05-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Axle Al

OK there's room here for more hatred and back pedaling. I can let it lay if you do, I only hope you and some others have become aware of the arrogance of the "top people" in this hobby and will support the people that probably like most of the older generation began this hobby for the pure enjoyment of model flight, Not for some cheers and clapping from crowds of spectators. these are the principles of model aviation. It will never make rock stars out of pilots. The fun of even a foamie piper cub may surprise even a big shot pilot. but it seems that once they take it to the level of where they seem to be a superstar, this kind of flyer can never return or never was a true modeler, just a stick banger braggart. I am a pretty good flyer and have heard compliments since I was 15 years old but never listen to it much. I fly for my own entertainment. I have a perspective that my model acomplishments come no where close to the deeds done by real pilots in real airplanes in multiple wars. This occurance at Joe Nall needs to wake up the last of the great generation of modelers and the AMA should devalue the awarding of "expert piloting" and promote the old values of modeling that gave model aviation it's standing as a respectable hobby of respectable people. Ban the wearing of team shirts that make people playing with airplanes look like clowns, would be a good start.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.