Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes sir Ken , I admit I got angry , posted in anger , and you and the rest of the forum DO have my apology for getting angry .

Now just know , I don't apologize for my beliefs , I still do believe the OP was dead wrong here , but I should not have let folk's attacks on my provoke me into lashing out in anger as I had done ,

Anyway , stay safe , and Happy Flying .....

Last edited by init4fun; 06-11-2015 at 04:14 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:46 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local...7/02/10984740/

Old 06-11-2015, 10:20 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

what does that have to do with the price of tea in China??
Old 06-11-2015, 10:47 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
what does that have to do with the price of tea in China??
I think it's relevant in the same way that Dave or QQ's celebrity status is . If they are to be judged on past actions (it was said here that they should be more responsible cause they know how to fly better than the average guy) , , well then that was their past being used to establish their guilt . And if their past can be brought in as a reason for their guilt , doesn't that make the accuser's past fair game as well , in the determination of who might have motive for exaggerating the description of the incident for financial gain ?

What's "good for the goose , being good for the gander" seems to best sum it up ?

Last edited by init4fun; 06-12-2015 at 07:36 AM. Reason: correct pilot names
Old 06-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You make a good case there init4. Maybe Condor is not so inocent. Probably would take a trial jury to decide this one. I still look at Balsa dust and Condors' reports and looks like 3Der's intruded with no calling it or spotters. We need a bigger sky
Old 06-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Axle Al

Oh yeah, also I am sorry for ripping at old guy init4fun. It was not fun
Old 06-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Axle Al

Also I never really considered that Condor should get plane replaced, just Wether he was done wrong. It is unusual in my area for someone to reimburse after a mid air. What is the norm on this?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Axle Al
You make a good case there init4. Maybe Condor is not so inocent. Probably would take a trial jury to decide this one. I still look at Balsa dust and Condors' reports and looks like 3Der's intruded with no calling it or spotters. We need a bigger sky
Oh yeah, also I am sorry for ripping at old guy init4fun. It was not fun
Also I never really considered that Condor should get plane replaced, just Wether he was done wrong. It is unusual in my area for someone to reimburse after a mid air. What is the norm on this?
No problem Al , I understood your anger at my agressive posts and you do have my apology for the anger I posted with as well .

As to "who owes who" in a midair , In this case , I really do believe the only one who acted with pre planned intention was Fred , with his admitted attempt to buzz Dave's plane . Now as for Dave himself , yes sir , if he had no spotter and put one up amid the described chaos , well heck yea he bears a percentage of responsibility himself , how could one think hovering amid a free for all would ever end well ? But his (Dave's) actions , were at worst not intentional , I really doubt he'd intentionally block Fred's landing as Fred accused him of . Ok , so lets for the sake of discussion say that maybe in all the chaos Dave really didn't hear the call for landing . When Fred attempted to buzz Dave's plane , the act was a pre thought out action that Fred was going to use to get dave's attention , be it in a "please clear the runway" manner or in a "you got no right to hover here" manner . Either way , there are no safe provisions for intentionally buzzing someone to get their attention whether the act is malicious or merely meant to be informative . By taking the pre decided action , Fred put in place the path to the collision and bears great responsibility for that action . This is why some pages back I used the term "contributory negligence" as I believe they both own it to a degree , but that Fred's percentage of responsibility is higher due to the purposeful close pass that ended up just a bit too close .

Last edited by init4fun; 06-12-2015 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Correct mistake of who hit who
Old 06-11-2015, 12:20 PM
init4fun

I'd also like to say that adding Gavin's name to the bottom of that letter , as though Gavin had Co authored it when he says here he didn't , really blew a lot of Fred's credibility with me . Good Grief in a major case that was in the eyes of the law , that would have been forgery I believe , and that right there would loose Fred the case .
Old 06-11-2015, 01:58 PM
scale only 4 me

Did this same thing happen last year?? A couple warbirds, the guy was accusing the other guy and wanted reimbursement because he did a roll right before impact.

The norm is, unless you can prove recklessness or the other guy intentionally tried to crash you,, Ya take it Up, Ya take your chances.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:25 PM
init4fun

Did this same thing happen last year?? A couple warbirds, the guy was accusing the other guy and wanted reimbursement because he did a roll right before impact.

The norm is, unless you can prove recklessness or the other guy intentionally tried to crash you,, Ya take it Up, Ya take your chances.
You have a good memory , because I too remember an incident like that being hashed out in the forums last year , now that you mention it .

As far as recklessness goes , I guess we can put a deliberate close pass and hovering during a "free for all" in close to the same catagory , although the close pass would still in my opinion carry slightly more guilt .

I agree in earnest with the "ya take it up , ya take your chances" school of thought too ....
Old 06-12-2015, 03:11 AM
scale only 4 me

LOL, So you're saying QQ deserves reimbursement???

Yes the term "recklessness" is very subjective.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:27 AM
init4fun

LOL, So you're saying QQ deserves reimbursement???

Yes the term "recklessness" is very subjective.

No my friend , I'm not saying David deserves reimbursement , I'm saying that they both , as well as all the other pilots who chose to fly amid the chaos , all bear some responsibility here .

It's just ironic that the guy who carries a bit more of the responsibility , would be the one demanding reimbursement . David flew during a free for all . That's his part of the guilt . Fred deliberately attempted to buzz David's plane , that entitles him to a larger portion of the guilt . Even if the ratio is 70% Fred guilt vs 30% David guilt , since both are responsible to varying degrees , neither should be entitled to anything , restitution wise .

Last edited by init4fun; 06-12-2015 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Correct mistake
Old 06-12-2015, 03:54 AM
init4fun

Ok fellow flyers , In a re read of this thread , I have found that Fred actually hit Dave Ribbe's plane , and it was Gavin who had the collision with QQ . My apologies for getting David and QQ mixed up as to who collided with who , but this does not change the fact that Fred buzzed an aircraft that he went on to end up colliding with , and then signed a man's name to the incident report that really had no part in the incident . While I do hold Fred to be more at fault in his collision with David Ribbe , the bottom line remains that in my opinion , no one here deserves any payments from anyone else for what happened .
Old 06-12-2015, 04:19 AM
scale only 4 me

Whew,, glad that's all settled now. Next Case,,,
Old 06-12-2015, 04:32 AM
init4fun

Old 06-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Sekhet
My Feedback: (1)

Whew,, glad that's all settled now. Next Case,,,
Oh yea, oh yea, oh yea. All stand for the Honorable Judge R.C. Stickbanger and prepare to hear the next case.
The plaintiff, I.B. Deadstick, accuses the defendant, I. Will Taxi, of parking his aircraft in the middle of the runway and refusing to move it during the plaintiff's unpowered approach and attempted landing causing a crash and fire with the subsequent loss of both aircraft…
Old 06-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Axle Al

Fire? That sounds like a tangle of ......
Turbines?
Old 06-13-2015, 11:48 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

There is no basketball game today, keep the comments coming. This is entertaining.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:06 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

It got kind of rough in the 2nd quarter lopflyers. Couple of guys got T'd up.

David

Last edited by daveopam; 06-15-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Axle Al

What about the AMA? Condor filed a complaint. Will the AMA do anything?
Is there anything they can do or have the power to do? Is there any precedent for these types of complaints? Do they use capital punishment for flightline intrusions or just a slap on the wrist.
Maybe do like NFL did Brady on inflategate. I would call this scandal flight stationgate. Seriously is there a way to find out what the AMA say's about this one
Old 06-15-2015, 07:36 AM
scale only 4 me

More info here https://www.google.com/search?q=kick+a+dead+horse&rlz=1C1RNNN_enUS377&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=935&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDcQsARqFQoTCP2hnsiDksYCFadnjAod0JgA1w#tbm=is ch&q=beating+a+dead+horse
Old 06-15-2015, 10:08 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the AMA? Condor filed a complaint. Will the AMA do anything?
Is there anything they can do or have the power to do? Is there any precedent for these types of complaints? Do they use capital punishment for flightline intrusions or just a slap on the wrist.
Maybe do like NFL did Brady on inflategate. I would call this scandal flight stationgate. Seriously is there a way to find out what the AMA say's about this one
no
Old 06-15-2015, 10:51 AM
topspin

yes sir now we are getting somewhere. I think balsadust put in the final nail. I know I have a bias against breast beating experts in this hobby but I wish this occurence could stop the trend of rewarding arrogance in our whole modeling community. Probably wont, but if just some modelers who did not know that this "elite" class of modelers exists and decriminates, now knows of them, it will help. maybe some body that goes out to fly will spot one of these clicks at the flightline and be able to avoid being stepped on, avoid them. Really the AMA should frown on these types and address the issue of politics and favoritism at contests events. I have read in the Mag the talk about some clubs shunning newbies and their child that show up with a new electric. So the AMA should certainly prevent unsavory treatment to "lesser" models by "greater models" and the men that fly them. Start a column in the mag and let the people write in and tell their experiences. Rout out the snotty ones. a flyers bill of rights. Yeah its all idealistic BS but so was the idea that we are equal. I think init4fun could straighten em up and make em fly right, he's got the firepower after all. Kaa-Pow!!! knock them snobbies toys outta da sky!#!
We have a small group of self proclaimed elite flyers at our field. These guys assume ownership and expect everyone else to bugger off when they are doing their thing. All of us, with the exception of the elite group announce take offs and landings. We also get out of the way when someone is taking off or landing but mostly we share the field and the air above it in friendly fashion, not so the hot shots. Last fall I was flying a very old GWS P-40 that was upgraded to 550 watts and retracts, quite a good performer. Anyway I called out Landing Right to Left loudly but the head hotshot took off right into me. He was flying a 1/3 scale Cap 232 and just totaled my plane. He got really cranked and even though there was no damage to his plane he acted like it was my fault. Fortunately about four other member came to my defense, even one of his butt buddies told him I called landing. He actually tried to lecture me but I guess he decided discretion was the better part of valor when he realized I was irritated.

The funny part is that I really didn't care much about the plane, it gave me an excuse to build something new and none of the electronics were damaged although I don't use that receiver anymore just to be on the safe side. So Yeah, we have butt plugs at our field also, they are in every hobby.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:19 PM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

I am friends with AMA president Bob Brown and VP Gary Fitch and was told the AMA does not get involved in these issues from Bob Brown. So I don't believe they will entertain Condor's complaint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.