Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Asp 61 FS, Camshaft removal

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Asp 61 FS, Camshaft removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 03:12 AM
Old Claw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asp 61 FS, Camshaft removal

I am trying to replace the bearings in an Asp 61 FS. I have everything out bar the camshaft. It will NOT come out. The crankshaft turns freely, the camshaft rotates freely I cannot see any reason why it won't come out. Ive soaked it in penetrating oil, I've heated the area to 350 degrees. The camshaft will NOT come out. Any ideas before I start sniffing after run oil? Dear sweet old Cliff in Australia.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:26 AM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

In most cases the cam shaft bearings do not need to be replaced, unless for some reason you know they need it. Once you get the camshaft out, the lower cam bearing is even harder to get out. If you do get to that point using the wax and drill bit method works very well.

As far as the cam shaft, it's very strange that you are having trouble. You should be able to just pull and twist it right out.

Last edited by tacx; 06-30-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:21 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

The ASP four strokes are a clone of OS. are they not? I acquired a plane that I thought had an OS four stroke in it. Took it home, removed the cowl, and discovered it was an ASP. It started right up and ran great--just like an OS.