Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What has happened to Hobbyking?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What has happened to Hobbyking?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
lourod996
My Feedback: (78)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hobby King has great prices and products it takes a little longer for me to get my package but as long as I'm aware that I wont get it in 4 or 5 days and that's fine with them. I ordered some batteries from them this last Saturday and just received my package today. I spent $68 on 6 good quality batteries that would have cost me $168 in most other places at best. If you know business you would understand that when a company grows this fast you will experience some problems down the road because of growth. How they respond to resolving the issues and improving on service determines the type of business that you are dealing with. I think they will get better I can deal with some bumps down the road for quality products at great prices. Some people just complain to much and are never happy.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:56 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmasterb
Been buying from them for years ? I recently put an order in and didn't think nothing of it as I ordered on the 18th of june 2015. I happened to look at my acount and it said unpaid but recieved an email from PayPal was paid on the 18th. So I went on my rant with these people that I played the wait game an had buddy codes and now some of the stuff is out of stock. ***. What a waste of time. Now I cancelled everything and im pissed. It was a whole fpv package. Anyone else seen Hobbyking diminish in service? I was pissed they took my money and said unpaid. Wouldnt you be? 15 days later.
You're joking right????
Old 07-02-2015, 02:57 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by porcia83
No, that is not factually correct.
You're joking right????
Old 07-02-2015, 02:58 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by ira d
I wont argue the issue, But all anyone needs to do is do a search on HK postings here on RCU and they will see that I am correct. In fact in your long response on how to deal with HK
it basically shows that you are aware that HK has problems.
+1
Old 07-02-2015, 03:00 PM
drac1

By the way this is not my first dealings with Hobbyking I have been ordering for years and spent alot of money there
Play with fire and you will eventually get burned.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:58 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drac1
You're joking right????
You're joking right? His statement was opinion presented as fact, yet was unsupported then, as it is now.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 PM
drac1

You're joking right? His statement was opinion presented as fact, yet was unsupported then, as it is now.
So you are saying there is not a long list of negative threads/posts for HK here on RCU?

You're joking right??
Old 07-02-2015, 06:17 PM
porcia83
Banned

If you want to move the goalpost mid discussion...have at it. It will be as successful as trying to put words in my mouth, via the standard ploy of "so you are saying....". I said what I said, non jokingly.

His comment that hardly a week goes by here on RCU where people aren't complaining about HK doesn't appear to be factually correct. He was, and/or is, unable or unwilling to back that up. We're all free to agree or disagree, nothing will really change anyone's opinion. Never does. (no joking).
Old 07-02-2015, 06:59 PM
drac1

If you want to move the goalpost mid discussion...have at it. It will be as successful as trying to put words in my mouth, via the standard ploy of "so you are saying....". I said what I said, non jokingly.

His comment that hardly a week goes by here on RCU where people aren't complaining about HK doesn't appear to be factually correct. He was, and/or is, unable or unwilling to back that up. We're all free to agree or disagree, nothing will really change anyone's opinion. Never does. (no joking).
You can skirt around the underlying point of your comment all you want, but it is fact, there are numerous threads complaining about HK quality/service. Or should I say, lack there of.

Why does he have to list all the anti HK threads just to prove it? Most would have comments from yourself, trying to put a positive spin on them, claiming that HK are not as bad as many people say. Just search all replies from yourself and you will find all of them.

And yes, people rarely change their minds just by reading these threads.

Last edited by drac1; 07-02-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:08 PM
porcia83
Banned

You can skirt around the underlying point of your comment all you want, but it is fact, there are numerous threads complaining about HK quality/service. Or should I say, lack there of.

Most would have comments from yourself, trying to put a positive spin on them, claiming that HK are not as bad as many people say.

And yes, people rarely change their minds just by reading these threads.
And the factually incorrect statements keep coming. What he said wasn't correct, and he nor you can prove it. It's that simple. You can distract from that with persona attacks and different topics all you want, doesn't change fact. If you've read most of my comments, which of course you haven't, you wouldn't see me saying it isn't as bad as many people say. That I don't immediately bash them, and wish for their demise, yup, true that. There are plenty of rationale people who can see the company for what they are, and then there are others.

But...at least we agreed on one thing. NO JOKE!

Good night, and happy flying.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:14 PM
drac1

And the factually incorrect statements keep coming. What he said wasn't correct, and he nor you can prove it. It's that simple. You can distract from that with persona attacks and different topics all you want, doesn't change fact. If you've read most of my comments, which of course you haven't, you wouldn't see me saying it isn't as bad as many people say. That I don't immediately bash them, and wish for their demise, yup, true that. There are plenty of rationale people who can see the company for what they are, and then there are others.

But...at least we agreed on one thing. NO JOKE!

Good night, and happy flying.
Umm, didn't make any personal attacks and didn't change the topic. just followed your lead.

Search and you will find all the proof you want. But of course you already know that.

Of course all others are "factually incorrect", because they don't agree with you and "you say so".

Cheers

Last edited by drac1; 07-02-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:53 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As I said earlier I wont argue or debate the issue, But all anyone who is concerned about what I said has to do is perform a search on the topic of HobbyKing here on RCU and they will see
that my earlier statement I made to the OP is correct.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:00 AM
chopper52

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
So my install is a joke to you, maybe you could fill me on on the 3 way air fill valves? Even complaining about someone else's toys, you are a grumpy old man!

This is the rest of my install, sorry if it is not up to your standard chopper, you know I live to please you, just tell me how you want it you dirty old man... xoxoxo
At least this pic looks great,Rule of thumb build light,You want 3way air valves Check out the UK or Singapore You cant buy crap here,And by the way take some Xanax Drink some shots.that will put your
fire out......And being a dirty old man that's the best time of your life..............

Last edited by chopper52; 07-03-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:23 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by ira d
As I said earlier I wont argue or debate the issue, But all anyone who is concerned about what I said has to do is perform a search on the topic of HobbyKing here on RCU and they will see
that my earlier statement I made to the OP is correct.
Forget arguing or debating, just back up what you said. Or is it just easier to send people off on a wild goose chase of searching for something that isn't there? Or admit it's a sweeping generalization that isn't based in fact. Or continue to respond, but not argue or debate....lol.

Happy soon to be 4th of July!
Old 07-03-2015, 03:47 AM
drac1

Forget arguing or debating, just back up what you said. Or is it just easier to send people off on a wild goose chase of searching for something that isn't there? Or admit it's a sweeping generalization that isn't based in fact. Or continue to respond, but not argue or debate....lol.

What do you gain by continually defending HK?

Those that post here about HK"s poor product quality or service, do not have to prove to you or anyone else here, anything. If they say they have had problems, then that's good enough. Believe it or not,but don't go trying to discredit them, just to protect HK. If HK didn't have the poor service many complain about, they would be defending themselves for false accusations. Their own lack of response shows that the problems do exist and they don't care and are not interested in looking after their customers.

As the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire, and there is plenty of smoke.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 AM
drac1

Been buying from them for years ? I recently put an order in and didn't think nothing of it as I ordered on the 18th of june 2015. I happened to look at my acount and it said unpaid but recieved an email from PayPal was paid on the 18th. So I went on my rant with these people that I played the wait game an had buddy codes and now some of the stuff is out of stock. ***. What a waste of time. Now I cancelled everything and im pissed. It was a whole fpv package. Anyone else seen Hobbyking diminish in service? I was pissed they took my money and said unpaid. Wouldnt you be? 15 days later.
[h=2]What has happened to Hobbyking?[/h]
Simple answer, nothing. They have always been like that. It just takes longer for some to get burned.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:46 AM
LaxLife72
My Feedback: (108)

The problem which kicked off this thread: paying via paypal but HK order tracker not recognizing the payment had been received and posting it, Unpaid. I have had that happen a couple of times over the years. Annoying. HK customer service always fixed it and I always got my stuff.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:23 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Buy american be true to the usa
Old 07-03-2015, 05:57 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Never yet have I seen a thread on RCU or anywhere else with a heading saying how great Hobby King is.

In our Club, we have several people who order junk from HK. They all have a justification for the junk and defective parts received, usually centered around low price. This is the case even with their biggest fan boy who buys more stuff than anyone could imagine from them.

Live by price, die by price.

They do have a very interesting windsock though. However, I decided to improve the two at our Club with a very minor modification by removing what are the two most offensive words in RC for many people. The down side is that the nylon of which they are made is very junky so their life is quite short.

Live by price, die by price.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3386s.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	2107118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3376s.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	2107119  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:46 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

What do you gain by continually defending HK?

Those that post here about HK"s poor product quality or service, do not have to prove to you or anyone else here, anything. If they say they have had problems, then that's good enough. Believe it or not,but don't go trying to discredit them, just to protect HK. If HK didn't have the poor service many complain about, they would be defending themselves for false accusations. Their own lack of response shows that the problems do exist and they don't care and are not interested in looking after their customers.

As the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire, and there is plenty of smoke.

drac1 and Ira d, your simply being drawn into what he does best. Google him, you will find the TRUTH which is FACT, I would advise not to feed him.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:54 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by lourod996
Hobby King has great prices and products it takes a little longer for me to get my package but as long as I'm aware that I wont get it in 4 or 5 days and that's fine with them. I ordered some batteries from them this last Saturday and just received my package today. I spent $68 on 6 good quality batteries that would have cost me $168 in most other places at best. If you know business you would understand that when a company grows this fast you will experience some problems down the road because of growth. How they respond to resolving the issues and improving on service determines the type of business that you are dealing with. I think they will get better I can deal with some bumps down the road for quality products at great prices. Some people just complain to much and are never happy.
Click on the link at the bottom of post #23. They have not gotten better in ten years so what makes you think they will start now?
Old 07-03-2015, 07:59 AM
topspin

Why should he back up anything? You're the only one clamoring for proof so go look for yourself. You know he's right but you just don't want to admit it. So how about this, how about you prove that there are not a lot of threads distributed all over the RCU forums describing bad service or poor quality, or some other malfeasance by Hobby King.

Please show us all and we will bow down. Happy 4th.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:02 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
Why should he back up anything? You're the only one clamoring for proof so go look for yourself. You know he's right but you just don't want to admit it. So how about this, how about you prove that there are not a lot of threads distributed all over the RCU forums describing bad service or poor quality, or some other malfeasance by Hobby King.

Please show us all and we will bow down. Happy 4th.
Its not about Hobbyking, proof or facts to him, what he's after he is being given.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:13 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Its not about Hobbyking, proof or facts to him, what he's after he is being given.
+ 1
Old 07-03-2015, 09:47 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Happy Independence Day gents , I hope you all have fun tomorrow and keep them fingers away from lit firecrackers !

As to the title topic ;

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same exact thing over and over , while expecting a different end result . By this stage of the game in the HK "discussions" , pretty much everyone who regularly posts here knows how each other feels about HK , and I highly doubt any opinions are going to be changing due to a post on this (or any other) chat board . Folks who have had success swear by them . Folks who have had troubles swear at them . Either way , till someone new to HK experiences either the great deal on the cheap or the great burn with no return , all they have to go on is past performance , doing research in attempting to put a complaints VS praises ratio into perspective . I would suggest to anyone truly unaware of any company's track record do an internet search for not only that company but also a few competing company's also , to note the approximate rant VS rave ratio earned by each . In this instance I'd suggest to someone new , search the three H's

Hobbico

Hobbyking

Horizon

And read the first 50 posts that come up under each heading . A well informed customer has a far better chance of being a satisfied customer , having a clear set of expectations formed by review of the company's on line cred , before laying out any $$$ .

Anyway , Happy Flying to all and Happy 4th !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.