Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Horrizon Hobbies Slow boat shipping

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Horrizon Hobbies Slow boat shipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Cub Man
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horrizon Hobbies Slow boat shipping

So I bought a set of HobbyZone Float Set: Super Cub LP, HBZ7390 Sunday from their ebay site. I get an notice monday sunday they had shipped, so monday I tracked and see they are coming by fedex. I'm in KY they are IL a bordering state. So today no floats and no updates on tracking I call fedex and asked where my package was? They told me it was shipped by FedEx SmartPost and that my mail person would have it Monday, so a full week after they shipped it I should have it. Dont know whats so Smart about smartpost as they left CHAMPAIGN, IL and went to INDEPENDENCE, KY, then were shipped to INDIANAPOLIS, IN where a fedex smart post office is so it can then be put in the us mail. Totally unhappy with all this crap!!!! Why not just mail it by US mail to start with if that's who is going to deliver it. I have had orders from China come in faster!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:36 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smart post is a cheaper way for the mail to go. http://www.ehow.com/about_6361725_fedex-smartpost_.html
Old 07-24-2015, 10:46 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

For a second I thought this was about another RC company who ships slow and uses smart post...but HORIZON? Say it ain't so.

Chances are they used the cheapest shipping option, unlike their retail operation. Not sure if you got a better deal on Ebay, but HH has to pay multiple fees on Ebay, they don't really on their own site. Shipping lately has been odd, no explanation for some of the way the packages are routed.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Cub Man

now the update is Next Wednesday 10 days for it to ship from one state to the next state. I went to the website and its all the same shipping charge. $2.99
Old 07-24-2015, 11:12 AM
porcia83
Banned

That is weird...so they are willing to lose money selling on Ebay where they have to pay listing and final value fees, and then PP fees...but charge the same as they would on their retail sight. And whats worse is that they have to deal with immediate customer feedback, not only with feedback, but the seller ratings. NOT a win win for them.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:07 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

There's plenty of mark up to absorb those fees,, and the get to write them off against profit. Pay fees or pay Uncle Sam,, flip a coin
Old 07-27-2015, 04:14 AM
porcia83
Banned

No doubt...the mark up on some of this stuff is crazy.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:21 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, when you buy it you have the option to choose how you want it shipped. If you needed it sooner, you should have paid to have it shipped faster.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:34 AM
Cub Man

SO I had no clue that the standard shipping was going to take so long and send my package to so many locations.

Standard - $2.99
Ground - $8.99
2 Day - $25.99
Next Day - $35.99
Old 07-29-2015, 07:09 AM
mscic-RCU

so going forward in the future, smartpost is packages shipped by fedex or ups delivered to the post office for delivery. this saves the shipper money because ups or fedex is drop shipping multiple packages at one to the post office. UPS stops at the local post office everyday. So if you are not in a hurry, 2.99 for shipping is a great deal. I use it whenever I order from Horizon.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:45 AM
Cub Man

I had used the 2.99 shipping before, but it was US Mail all the way and had it in a couple days. I agree $2.99 is cheap on shipping, but don't understand why the package hit KY then went back to IN to be put in the US mail system.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:56 AM
castlebravo

I had the same thing happen when I ordered a new wing for my CarbonZ Cub......I selected the cheapest shipping because I wasnt in a big hurry as the old wing was just cosmetically damaged and it was shipping from their west coast warehouse. When the estimated date popped up...I was surprised...it was about 10 days in route....I thought..."what are they shipping it by....bicycle messenger?" I was able to track it and I got excited when I saw it was in Gresham,OR about 5 days earlier than it was supposed to be delivered! I expected it to be on my stoop that evening.....well...it wasnt. When I tracked it the next day....it had gone up to the Seattle area! Now, I live in the Portland,OR metro area.....Gresham is a burb in the Portland area.....it stopped here....then shipped up to Seattle....then back down here to Hillsboro. It eventually got here a day or two earlier than predicted....so I wasnt too broken up about it. After all.....I was the one who selected the cheapest shipping method. $2.99 was a heck of a deal to ship half an 85" wing......

CB
Old 07-30-2015, 05:25 AM
mscic-RCU

I don't understand any of the shipping hubs. I watch packages from kentuicky go right by our delivery hub 25 miles away and go up north to come back down to be delivered. Don't know!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:03 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

haha,, it's logistics,, not logical-istics