Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

rc helicopter flying newbie help

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

rc helicopter flying newbie help

Old 09-13-2015, 05:03 PM
thenewguy101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc helicopter flying newbie help

I have a fear of flying a rc helicopter (the big ones) because of the blades. Can you guys help me out by giving tips on flying, most likely I will fly it in December and the soccer field is covered with snow and have nobody around
Old 09-13-2015, 05:07 PM
thenewguy101

Also I need some pre flight safety tips. I am very scared of having a situation that my helicopter is lossing control
Old 09-13-2015, 07:00 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Your best bet is to find a local hellie flyer and get hai to set it up. I am told that most people need at least a year of practice on a simulator before they can fly one.
Never,never fly alone
Old 09-13-2015, 07:35 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SIMULATOR< SIMULATOR!!!!!!

It does help. Yes the blades can and do slice and dice. I fly 550 sized helicopters and I fly them away from me.

What helicopter do you have? radio and all the gory details will help with setup and pre flights.

Best bet would be to find some one near you. When I started flying I drove an hour and a half each way on Saturdays to learn how to fly and setup my helicopters. Well worth the effort.

Buzz.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:15 PM
thenewguy101

http://www.feala.com/jts-828-828A-82...parts-list.htm this is my helicopter
Old 09-14-2015, 08:17 PM
thenewguy101

My transmitter is 27 mhz it has a toggle switch for speed up and speed down and the basic controls throttle left right up down
Old 09-24-2015, 07:14 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would highly suggest RADDS school of rotary flight.... and a SIMULATOR. You can do all the exercises in the simulator and be safe. Learn to fly helicopters that are properly set up in the simulator and you will know when your real helicopter is not setup correctly. Most of all you need to learn the four orientations and have it down cold before flying in the real world.

There is a lot of information on the net about this subject... google is your friend.

Gees, I just looked at your helicopter... that is not a big bird nor is it collective pitch. It is very gentle and easy to fly as a counter rotating blades are.