Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

I know this is not good, but had to post...

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I know this is not good, but had to post...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 07:16 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know this is not good, but had to post...

My hobby has taking a beating the last couple weeks,, but had to post this. Its not that I'm totally innocent, but I was hoping for a better transaction of the deal... I did read the black eye this guy had, but I figured I take a chance because of the many GREAT ratings he did have...I'm not gonna rate him, because I am part of the "Fault".. I should have done my reserch better on the products.. and my ratings from him were good,,,"Because I sent the check right out, when I said I would, and held my end of the bargain.. But as I post this..my second check is still not in his hands yet, but still feels like he is right in doing so.. total money lay out for this transaction...1000$ for the airwolf', 500.00 for the 500,,, and 150$ shipping..from USPS... uhhhhh huh....I shipped a heli to New jersey for 39$ USPS... I post this only because I felt like I was done wrong... but would you be happy?... would ya?...

Watch the video, click on the link....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-r...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by cublover; 09-27-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:57 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I would be livid... You definitely got shanked. Not sure what or if there's anything you can do at this point other then to do exactly what you're doing. This site doesn't really have any trader forum for such discussions either, so it makes it hard to even discuss in open forum like this.... without totally discrediting someone.. of which it does seem the seller should be discredited in this case.

I'd lay a bet you're familiar with PayPal... as they are a resource for such bad dealings... at least to some degree with their dispute resolutions.. and many are resolved in the forums I read... but with no resource like that... it makes it tough. It sound like you wrote a check.. and a good guess is it was cashed immediately, so you can't even cancel the check... Sad but true you're pretty high and dry ... and yes 15hundos is alot of dough... so best advice is suck it up as hard as it is(just as you are..), and learn... get pics .... communicate more with sellers/buyers... and I would suggest looking into using PayPal.. which PayPal isn't and end all/do all fix... but its a further resource when we have disputes like this.. Hang in there... keep flyin. BTW.. nice planes you have in your vid.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:27 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is an example of why to use a credit card!
Old 10-02-2015, 09:48 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DGrant
I would be livid... You definitely got shanked. Not sure what or if there's anything you can do at this point other then to do exactly what you're doing. This site doesn't really have any trader forum for such discussions either, so it makes it hard to even discuss in open forum like this.... without totally discrediting someone.. of which it does seem the seller should be discredited in this case.

RCU Marketplace Questions or Problems

This our forum setup for discussion of issues dealing with the Marketplace. It is monitored by our Marketplace Manager and he can take direct actions based upon issues that arise from problems from the Marketplace.

Ken
Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cublover,
Sorry you had a bad experience with another RCU member. I do see you ended up posting an OK rating to the sellers account. The Hughes ad does not show any damage to the canopy so it may be worth your time to try and get USPS to reimburse you for a new fuse.

In the end however, I think you are spot on in your statement that in the future, get as many pictures as possible of the item so you do not end up with another one like you did with the Bell.