Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 07:36 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by radfordc
Yes, as soon as it;s clear that pro-HK guys don't "rehearse" their responses.

Splendid response. Puts me in mind of the general political tenor in the media.

"Muslims never condemn terrorism."

"Hey, this Muslim IS condemning terrorism."

"He's lying .... it's Taquiyya."

I expect that, if I reported a really BAD experience, you'd accept that right enough ... and any supporting evidence that I cared to produce.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:30 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I once anticipated a problem with a plane I never bought from HobbyKing. It was terrible, and its never been resolved, as the problem that never was there, was only compounded when I didn't get the plane that I never ordered, because of the problem that I thought was a problem, when the problem didn't arrive, I was so livid I had no problem.... I called them just to say I didn't have any problem to have a problem with.... and then the problem really started... and....

Really though..... I've never had any problem with them.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=DGrant;12137368]I once anticipated a problem with a plane I never bought from HobbyKing. It was terrible, and its never been resolved, as the problem that never was there, was only compounded when I didn't get the plane that I never ordered, because of the problem that I thought was a problem, when the problem didn't arrive, I was so livid I had no problem.... I called them just to say I didn't have any problem to have a problem with.... and then the problem really started... and....

LOL>>>>>>>you guys are cracking me up..........DGrant, bogbeagle..... haters are going to hate, thats the way it is now days. Add me to the liers/haters list 35 orders over 2 years with no problems......and I don't have the time to add up the dollar amount, but I would only lie about that anyway. Someday when I get a little more time I will start a thread that might actually help someone instead of this constant hate/attack.

I have a hand full of rules I use for ordering from HK, or ebay and any other online company that has kept me out of trouble for years, it does take discipline, good common cense and a little work, but it keeps the problems at a minimum for me.

Have a great Holiday/xmas of what ever is political correct these days guys.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:29 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't take long-the Fan Boy Reunion!!!
Old 12-08-2015, 07:31 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
So how much money can a guy say he's spent with them and "had no problems" would you guys believe??
I'm at 5 orders and $700ish,,, guess that makes me a shill and/or a liar, because everything I've bought worked as it should

Seems to me even the strongest HK critics here at one time liked them until they didn't.

Maybe stick with the Crappy Customer service message and quite demonizing guys that haven't had problems yet.
No problems HOWEVER,
HK, only 5 orders, no problems, I mostly never order there anymore, to much risk
Tower, dozens of flawless orders over the decades, one kinda Bad,,, I bought aluminum servo arms listed as 1.5", well that was over all dimension not pivot to outer hole as one would expect, Sure they offered a refund, but if I sent them back on my dime it would have not only cost me shipping but nullified my $30 Discount on $250 order, needless to say I just kept them
Horizon, Pricey, but hey,I need ultracote sometimes.
Value Hobby, 6-7 orders, one came missing a part, they sent it out no questions asked right away.
Radical RC, awesome
LaserToys, awesome
SDShobbies,, maybe 7-8 orders, mostly hardware,, always great if ya can wait the 10 days.

What I would give to support a LHS, just aint one around unless you're into cars/truck and quads and I aint
Old 12-08-2015, 09:31 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

How does quoting my old post out of context answer the question I asked?? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...r-service.html

Actually that post was wrong after all anyway, I only had 4 orders at that time, one order I never completed (decided not to by items from them),, but hadn't ordered any thing in a couple years, But on July 24 I ordered 4 batteries from the east w/house, that actually was my 5th order. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

So far still no duds, but I don't buy those cheap RTF planes and off brand radio stuff