Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA Useless!

Old 12-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The retailers chose to ignore the FAA. And they will till the FAA bans selling their product. Only then will they consider fighting them. Though there will be a few exceptions. Wallmart and Amazon will be fighting against our interests, but banning us from flying above 200 feet or so. And they have more than enough money to bribe the FAA. I believe the bribes work better than lawsuits. Unless you bribe the judge. Wait! That's still a bribe! But bribing judges is cheaper.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:07 AM
fliers1

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
The retailers chose to ignore the FAA. And they will till the FAA bans selling their product. Only then will they consider fighting them. Though there will be a few exceptions. Wallmart and Amazon will be fighting against our interests, but banning us from flying above 200 feet or so. And they have more than enough money to bribe the FAA. I believe the bribes work better than lawsuits. Unless you bribe the judge. Wait! That's still a bribe! But bribing judges is cheaper.
Here's a thought. Maybe AMA could convince the folks with the big bucks, like Walmart and Amazon to fight for AMA and fixed wing and heli fliers. Since the FAA may eventually outlaw drones along with fixed wing aircraft, they have collectively millions on the line.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fliers1
Here's a thought. Maybe AMA could convince the folks with the big bucks, like Walmart and Amazon to fight for AMA. Since the FAA may eventually outlaw Drones long with fixed wing aircraft, they have collectively millions on the line.
All manufacturers and resellers have a vested financial interest in any regulations that may impede sales of their products.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:20 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Apparently, the tough rhetoric in this thread has worked.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...odel-aircraft/

Way to go, guys! We owe you a lot.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Sport_Pilot

Here's a thought. Maybe AMA could convince the folks with the big bucks, like Walmart and Amazon to fight for AMA and fixed wing and heli fliers. Since the FAA may eventually outlaw drones along with fixed wing aircraft, they have collectively millions on the line.
Read my post! Amazon and Wal Mart want to have a drone delivery system and restrict model airplanes from flying above 200 feet. They were the ones pushing for the registration. They see more millions from drone delivery than from actually selling them.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:08 AM
fliers1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRrxOfgwFyw
Old 12-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

That was posted over 2 years ago.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:18 AM
fliers1

Guess Amazon ironed out all the problems presented in this video.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:24 AM
croweville
My Feedback: (23)

Hey All,
I must have missed something... I read the posts here then I went back to post 5 where the site was listed that we should use to register and found this.

Register
My UAS If you own a drone, you must register it with the Federal Aviation Administration's Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) registry. A federal law effective December 21, 2015 requires unmanned aircraft registration, and you are subject to civil and criminal penalties if you do not register.
Register between December 21, 2015 and January 20, 2016
and your $5 registration fee will be refunded!

Register on December 21, 2015
[h=2]It says nothing about registering anything but drones.....[/h]Did I miss something???
TTYL,
Bruce
Old 12-18-2015, 11:44 AM
RC_Fanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by croweville
It says nothing about registering anything but drones.....

Did I miss something???
TTYL,
Bruce
Read the FAA document. They classify all unmanned aircraft as "drones." From my reading of the actual text (211 pages) of the document, even control line planes are included.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:11 PM
croweville

Thanks RC_Fanatic,
I figured that I had missed something... BUT to put my model aircraft in the same classification as those annoying buzzing things just is NOT right...lol
TTYL,
Bruce
Old 12-18-2015, 01:07 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Tony Stillman isn't on the EC and I don't see where he's the designated spokesperson for the AMA.
Oh good, can you point me to the list of the "designated " AMA spokespeople?

Maybe it would be easier for you to publish a list of the AMA staff we should not listen to? Let's see we already got Tony Stillman, how about Ilona Maine, Chad Budreau, Ben Flesher....Rich Hanson?
Old 12-18-2015, 02:15 PM
mr_matt

Originally Posted by hairy46
Again if the AMA had not embraced the drones, I do not believe that we would be going though this! They could be saying then an now it ain't us doing this, go after the ones that are and leave us be. We did not have all this BS until the drones showed the ugly heads, it's not us doing this! We are not flying out of sight or spying , we just enjoy getting together and making a day out of what we built. AMA should have stayed with what has worked all these years for them, you drone guys could have started your own little drone clubs, boring as they would be, flew one once and thought if my plane where so easy to fly, I wouldn't waste my time, no effort and totally boring!
Yes this is not a question of new technology, model aviation has been on the cutting edge of hobbyist technology for decades. My plane has multiple computers in it, 2 GPS sensors, telemetry, gyros, carbon fiber, gas turbine, bidirectional radio, the list of tech goes on and on. I still stand on the ground and look up to watch it fly!

These drones are flying tripods, camera mounts. People fly them to take pictures, not to experience aviation The AMA wanted them as members. Meanwhile, no one I know who flies camera tripods wants anything to do with the AMA,

The Pollyannas and their rose colored glasses say "so what is 5 buck fee, just pay it and enjoy!" As if 5 buck tax is all that is coming from the FAA what a joke.

The sheeple say "the AMA had no choice, there were no other options"....horse hockey......Many tried to tell the AMA to fight with a different tactic, separate traditional models from drones, I know AMA Hall of Famer Bob Violett has been telling them for YEARS. This is his most recent (published) letter.

http://www.bvmjets.com/Safety/AMA0714-1.pdf

It is one thing to be ineffective when facing a problem, it is quite another to be EXPENSIVE and ineffective. US$1,000,000 for this mess?
Old 12-18-2015, 02:37 PM
mr_matt

It says nothing about registering anything but drones.....

Did I miss something???

Yea you did not know you were flying a drone all of this time, huh!! Me neither!
Old 12-18-2015, 03:26 PM
croweville

Hey All,
I "technically" flew a drone, of the target type, at Ft Bliss TX in 1970 and someone shot the thing down...lol Imagine that I guess I wasn't much of a pilot back then either...LOL I must wonder where this madness will carry this hobby/habit, that I have loved for so many years. We, all the responsible modelers, get punished cause of the actions of the ones that won't comply to the new ruling anyway.
TTYL,
Bruce
Old 12-18-2015, 05:27 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

They should be stopped at all cost. If one of their delivery drones causes damage to a person or property, we'll get some more restrictions on our rc planes, probably drive most of us out of the hobby in the long run.
It's all fun and games until you regulate it to death, should we bring a lawyer with us when we fly our toy planes?

Btw, Walmart sells rc planes now, just found out. Not just the foam toys. Interesting.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fling-Spor...fwt=popupBlank
Old 12-18-2015, 05:34 PM
OliverJacob

They should be stopped at all cost. If one of their delivery drones causes damage to a person or property, we'll get some more restrictions on our rc planes, probably drive most of us out of the hobby in the long run.
It's all fun and games until you regulate it to death, should we bring a lawyer with us when we fly our toy planes?

Btw, Walmart sells rc planes now, just found out. Not just the foam toys. Interesting.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 PM
poison

Well if Walmart and Amazon have delivery drones flying all around, than airspace we'll be for real aircraft and stupid drones only. Back to RC cars it looks like.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:28 PM
OliverJacob

....meanwhile the FAA is about to drop the medical exam requirement for private pilots (3rd class medical). Being a license holder myself, I'd rather make sure any private pilot is in healthy conditions and able to fly safely.
Not sure what to think about this.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:42 PM
croweville

Hey All,
Anyone that shops at Wal/CHINA mart deserves what they get !!! I haven't been in one of THOSE sorry stores in about 14+ years and I WILL NEVER go into one again !!! BUT you are free to WASTE your money there and SUPPORT CHINA...lol That's just me...lol
TTYL,
Bruce
Old 12-18-2015, 07:50 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by OliverJacob

Progress is not going to be stopped. People probably said the same things about the first automobiles too, and look at all the regulation and safety rules we have on those, and how many people they maim and kill a year. You can rest assure any of these companies thinking about doing this will have tried to perfect it as good as possible, and as a backup, have muiltple layers of insurance for millions and millions of dollars. Car accidents can cost that much, think about a delivery drone falling out of the sky and causing a greyhound bus full of people to plow into a van filled with boyscouts, which explodes, while the bus continues off the road hitting an Amtrack train causing it to derail. Yes, a one in a million scenario, but stuff like this happens everyday (perhaps not as bad). So the lawyers will all have a field day with it of course, Walmart doesn't pay out of pocket their insurance companies do.

Weird to see Walmart selling that stuff, has to be online only (they are trying to compete with Amazon). I've never seen more than a Air Hogs type of plane on a shelf.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:53 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Hey All,
Anyone that shops at Wal/CHINA mart deserves what they get !!! I haven't been in one of THOSE sorry stores in about 14+ years and I WILL NEVER go into one again !!! BUT you are free to WASTE your money there and SUPPORT CHINA...lol That's just me...lol
TTYL,
Bruce
Sadly you and I already support China more than we care too, in so very many ways. I can't recall specifically what it was that I saw recently, but it was a article that said they were going to be taking partially built items, finishing them, then shipping them back to the states, and would still be making money. Perhaps it was a US brand car...I'll have to dig on that. Hard to find any type of big box store that isn't filled with stuff made outside the USA.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:12 AM
helimaster

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
As I understand it, and I could be wrong, the registration fee can only be paid by credit card. So, even though only name, address and phone number are required to register, they now have a credit card number. Does anyone here think that the FCC does not have enough muscle to go to the credit card companies and pry all the pertinent information about me out of them? And then they refund my five bucks. How very generous of them!!!!!!!!

And yet more right wing anti government hysteria, Did you also note, that should you desire you could use an anonymous prepaid Visa card. Apparently you must also be a ham as I'm sure you intended to say FAA rather than FCC.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:06 AM
eaglen2fb
My Feedback: (41)

Please Sign !

https://www.change.org/p/federal-avi...fb_ref=Default
Old 12-19-2015, 06:15 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Helimaster,
Common sense tells you that anytime your pvt. information is out there on an unsecured site you are at risk! RIGHT WING HYSTERIA?
You have got to be kidding...........this administration/govt. is not capable of doing basic internet security thats why Hillary set up her own as well as our Sec. of Defense Carter
Look how much they spent to set up a site for Obama Care that failed, Oh wait those folks were personal friends of the Obamas............

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.