Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Old 01-19-2016, 11:55 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike1974
I wouldn't think twice about flying that plane, but most poeple on here think i'm just a rogue lawbreaker so.........
Rebel Rebel!
Old 01-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by topspin
I am really beginning to get pissed off at the AMA. Our field is still closed and there has been no action by them and no resolution of the NCR no fly zone ruling that includes model aircraft. I recently bought an Eflite UMX PT-17 thinking that because it is under the .55 lb weight limit it would be OK to fly, it is not. I live exactly 29.9 NM from Regan National airport and yet my tiny little biplane is considered a threat.

That is so imbecilic it hurts my head to even think about it. I have to wonder about the idiots who are pressing this rule. So if anyone connected with the AMA happens to be reading this I urge you to take some action to end this stupidity because that's what it is plain and simple.

Anyone please name one other country that has implemented a more stupid set of rules than the FAA.
Angry with the AMA. I think you are angry with the wrong people.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, per the email I just received in my inbox… Looks like the AMA just gave up. Why the hell did I become a lifetime member?? :-(
Old 01-19-2016, 01:39 PM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

I am really beginning to get pissed off at the AMA.
It's truly a shame that you aren't the AMA president....so you could just snap your fingers and make all this go away!
Old 01-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Well, per the email I just received in my inbox… Looks like the AMA just gave up. Why the hell did I become a lifetime member?? :-(

Gave up? What did they send you? Information please!
Old 01-19-2016, 01:48 PM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83

What specific action would you propose any group take that would result in the FAA reversing course immediately?
How about use the fundamental language of WDC - lawsuit.

http://fund.dcdrone.org/about/
Old 01-19-2016, 03:01 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by BrightGarden
How about use the fundamental language of WDC - lawsuit.

http://fund.dcdrone.org/about/
You are joking right? Litigation? Have you ever been involved in any litigation, civil or Federal?

The AMA already has legal proceedings under way, this guy's case is almost a mirror action. Oh, that case was filed back in mid 2014. Still not heard. This guy wanted an immediate injunction, the court said no, and now the case is in the docket. NOT a "rocket docket" either by any means. Quick guess would be at least 2 years for anything substantive to happen. He's going up against a Federal agency.

The only think that can be done is being done, by the AMA.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:03 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Gave up? What did they send you? Information please!
Don't worry, it's just more of the same misinformation that's rampant here. The AMA didn't give anything up, what a complete load of BS. He's talking about an e-mail that he probably read in another thread. Said nothing of the kind by the way. The registration was always going to happen, the AMA is working on some work arounds and concessions. Check the AMA blog for updates.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:03 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, porcia. Not meant as misinformation, it was the tone of the email (I'm sure we all have seen it by now). Now that I re-read it, I can see that it is more of a "public service announcement". I suppose that my pissed-off-edness at the whole situation spills over

We shouldn't even be having this conversation!!!!
Old 01-19-2016, 05:11 PM
BrightGarden

You are joking right? Litigation? Have you ever been involved in any litigation, civil or Federal?
Please watch your tone of voice, and yes, thank you for asking, I have been involved in litigation, and prevailed.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:19 PM
porcia83
Banned

Please watch your tone of voice, and yes, thank you for asking, I have been involved in litigation, and prevailed.
LoL...tone of voice. You're able to discern tone of voice from a comment in a thread? You might be to sensitive for these threads if you can't be asked a question or two. Also, I didn't ask if you prevailed, and you neglected to answer how long that litigation took. Was it quicker than what you seem to think the AMA or some other litigant should be able to do here? Small claims cases take months, civil cases usually far more than a year, the certainly more with many federal cases. Litigation is sometimes the worst way to go about seeking change.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:21 PM
BrightGarden

LoL...tone of voice. You're able to discern tone of voice from a comment in a thread? You might be to sensitive for these threads if you can't be asked a question or two. Also, I didn't ask if you prevailed, and you neglected to answer how long that litigation took. Was it quicker than what you seem to think the AMA or some other litigant should be able to do here? Small claims cases take months, civil cases usually far more than a year, the certainly more with many federal cases. Litigation is sometimes the worst way to go about seeking change.
Take a look at yourself.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:27 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Hi, porcia. Not meant as misinformation, it was the tone of the email (I'm sure we all have seen it by now). Now that I re-read it, I can see that it is more of a "public service announcement". I suppose that my pissed-off-edness at the whole situation spills over

We shouldn't even be having this conversation!!!!
My comment about misinformation wasn't directed at you, there is a a lot of it hear from many folks, the language from the folks at the FAA has added to that confusion for sure. I think all the AMA members got that e-mail today. It's to bad we do have this issue to deal with, but at this point the registration seems to be the worst of it.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:27 PM
porcia83
Banned

Take a look at yourself.
okey dokey...I'm all set thanks.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:56 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Take a look at yourself.
Oh, you two've not met before?

Welcome to Mr arrogance.

Shameful, made assumptions and judged yet no word of apology.

Quite apparent, why there's two things I don't care much about old Potcia and that's his personality.

Did someone say unstable...

Last edited by TheEdge; 01-19-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:05 PM
porcia83
Banned

Last edited by porcia83; 01-21-2016 at 02:05 PM. Reason: self edit
Old 01-19-2016, 06:16 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

I am really beginning to get pissed off at the AMA. Our field is still closed and there has been no action by them and no resolution of the NCR no fly zone ruling that includes model aircraft. I recently bought an Eflite UMX PT-17 thinking that because it is under the .55 lb weight limit it would be OK to fly, it is not. I live exactly 29.9 NM from Regan National airport and yet my tiny little biplane is considered a threat.

That is so imbecilic it hurts my head to even think about it. I have to wonder about the idiots who are pressing this rule. So if anyone connected with the AMA happens to be reading this I urge you to take some action to end this stupidity because that's what it is plain and simple.

Anyone please name one other country that has implemented a more stupid set of rules than the FAA
Google Maps shows a Total distance: 23.48 mi from Reagan National to Sterling VA so U must live WNW of Sterling about 6.42 Miles to be 29.9 miles as the crow flies.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:19 PM
porcia83
Banned

Last edited by porcia83; 01-21-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: self edit
Old 01-19-2016, 06:34 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Bob, did the dressing down you took from an unbiased member here not but a week or so ago completely wear off? Here is a refresher;

I haven't read all thread replies by both of you, but I have read enough that it's obvious you are the antagonist in a thread when Portia makes a statement modifying, correcting, or challenging another's replies on a subject. If you have evidence he is wrong, then present it and let the discussion continue on subject.
I have observed he "spoils it" for others that despise Hobby King, the Chinese, and the AMA by presenting a thoughtful explanation of the subject or precipitating a debate. Your and their behaviour quickly turns to childish rants and raves when the discussion sours on your position. Use your obvious experience and intellect to support the thread's subject with Facts and Figures (Portia usually does.)
As far as "upsets people" and "been banned" are concerned, those reasons for stiffling another's viewpoint are -blank-. (Think 'human history' and fill in the blank.)

If anyone should be apologizing it's you...but you lack the self awareness to realize that. If you're waiting for some apology, don't. You won't get one from me as one is not needed.
Unstable? Look in the mirror dude...you've been stalking me for now 3 years, severely attached to me for some bizarre reason when not looking up Scaleforme's posts, rarely passing a chance to make a nasty off topic comment, usually about RCG, and now about everything and anything else. It took all of a few days for that great advice to wear off. So much for reading, hearing, and absorbing.

Anyone looking at your post history will see if for what it's worth, a poor sick man with a bad grudge he can't shake himself of. History repeating itself all over again. Your posts are for the most part attacks, over and over.

As I've mentioned in the past, use the ignore function if you can't handle seeing my comments. You whine and cry so much about them but wake up every day looking for them, rather than ignoring them via the system, or like any other rationale adult would do.
A noble attempt Porcia, made to take the attention away from your continual posting habit of upsetting people. I don't blame you really for trying to hold on to the one comment made that speaks against my exposure of you both.
If folks cared to look up posting profiles they would hands down find that what your being exposed for is rampant and without remorse.

Thank you our fellow hobbyist for upsetting more members on a continual basis than any other.
Let the arrogance and passive posting continue for you (both) Porcia.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:57 PM
HoundDog

U know what guys My Saying "Nothings Maters because NOTHING matters"
Well apply that to the FAA's Registration and it Identical, Registration doesn't Matter either .. Putting a 10 Digit alphanumeric line on a piece of paper and placing in the battery compartment. JUST DOESN'T MATTER. If it keep the FEDS Happy well U can bet I'm going to Be Happy Flying Just as I have since 1956 CL & 86 R/C when I got back into this hobby. Here's some words of wisdom for all to Live by:

Good Nite Mrs. Calabash, Where ever you are! Sayonara Gents
Old 01-20-2016, 08:11 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Gentlemen!! Please refrain from the personal back and forth and mud slinging going on in this thread. You are not going to win an argument in this format. Just express your opinion and move on. I am going to clean up this thread a little. Removing something from each post that is out of line.

Thank you, David
Old 01-20-2016, 08:14 AM
daveopam

Some post are going too completely go away.

David
Old 01-20-2016, 09:11 AM
HoundDog

Gentlemen!! Please refrain from the personal back and forth and mud slinging going on in this thread. You are not going to win an argument in this format. Just express your opinion and move on. I am going to clean up this thread a little. Removing something from each post that is out of line.

Thank you, David

Originally Posted by daveopam
Some post are going too completely go away.

David
Thank U David but U should let the People Who's Posts U deleted Know they were deleted. With Out knowing they were deleaded It's sorta the equivalent to the FAA's registration with out education it is Useless. Another analogy is If your New Puppy Pees on the floor and U rub his nose in it later rather than right away, the poor things has no Idea why he's being Punished..

Start with a few of my old posts. JMHO Thankx
Old 01-20-2016, 09:18 AM
Sport_Pilot

Believe me, its better he doesn't say.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:22 AM
daveopam

Hound Dog, that is SOP for me. Unfortunately I am having computer issues today and have not been able too do as I said above. When I get things rolling again I will let each person know that a post has been edited or deleted and why. It is not SOP for me to say in the thread what was going too happen. I did that to try and nip some replies in the bud.

Thanks, David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.