Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How Many Will Refuse to Register?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How Many Will Refuse to Register?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 02:37 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch!
Old 12-26-2015, 05:10 PM
JimmyZep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
ouch!
Yup!

Jimmy
Old 12-27-2015, 04:59 AM
Bolshoi
My Feedback: (2)

Many U.S. States didn't require drivers liscenses until after 1918, some not until the 1930's; 20+ years after cars were being sold. At some point enough cars were on the road, the need arose for universal liscenses and testing. While I take issue with this law as written, It is the law. Our local flying field is a county park, the dry lake bed is a state park; I guarantee park rangers WILL check. I fly large scale turbine jets, which are obviously conspicuous. These circumstances don't permit me to be an "outlaw" like some of the rebels on here. I find the name calling to be childish and boring; someone is a sheep for complying with the law? These tough guys will be the first ones on here whining when they get fined 20K and lose their privilege to fly; its is a privilege and not a right, there's a difference.

I'm certain that in time the law will be amended once the FAA acquires some statistics about our traditional hobby activities vs FPV etc. If the AMA is successful in their legal challenge, then great, I remove the small registration sticker inside my planes; in the mean time, I'll be flying my jets without a worry in mind, while the "outlaws" will be looking over their shoulders.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:55 AM
jefflangton
My Feedback: (23)

More whiny babies. If you want to whine and not register then dont. Just leave and shut up!!! BYE
Old 12-27-2015, 07:32 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Well debated,,,
Old 12-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

I was reading some interesting documentation on the FAA site that some FAA "wordsmiths" put together in sort of a "matter of fact" stance that the FAA can go against 336. Most interesting how they can throw together pages of words to try to justify their position in rebuttal to the comments they are now getting. They dug a hole and watching them squirm their way back out of it is entertaining although I will admit at times I did consider watching some paint dry.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:26 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Luchnia
I was reading some interesting documentation on the FAA site that some FAA "wordsmiths" put together in sort of a "matter of fact" stance that the FAA can go against 336. Most interesting how they can throw together pages of words to try to justify their position in rebuttal to the comments they are now getting. They dug a hole and watching them squirm their way back out of it is entertaining although I will admit at times I did consider watching some paint dry.
Link to said FAA site?
Old 12-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by porcia83
Link to said FAA site?
procia83, I did not save it, but I will go back and see if I can dig up the link that was posted and post it for others. Not even sure what forum I was on, but I only hit about four different websites. I have been on so many drone forums it is like a quagmire now.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:29 AM
RC GOLF
My Feedback: (3)

this is a money gift for the FAA
the FCC did this in days gone by it is impossible to enforce.
The AMA al ready does the registration for them as long as we follow the AMA reg's it s already done.'
I have an AMA number it is on my aircraft's my name and address is on the plane at least twice. And I fly at sanctioned fields except my back yard foamies. Go after the culprit who is non AMA and does not follow basic safety. he is the idiot who flys fpv at a thousand feet
Old 12-27-2015, 09:40 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Luchnia
procia83, I did not save it, but I will go back and see if I can dig up the link that was posted and post it for others. Not even sure what forum I was on, but I only hit about four different websites. I have been on so many drone forums it is like a quagmire now.
Amen to that! I'm guessing there were some comments on their indicating they weren't happy with this cluster either.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:44 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by RC GOLF
this is a money gift for the FAA
the FCC did this in days gone by it is impossible to enforce.
The AMA al ready does the registration for them as long as we follow the AMA reg's it s already done.'
I have an AMA number it is on my aircraft's my name and address is on the plane at least twice. And I fly at sanctioned fields except my back yard foamies. Go after the culprit who is non AMA and does not follow basic safety. he is the idiot who flys fpv at a thousand feet
Here we go again...please explain how this is a gift to the FAA. They have to pay for the development of the program, create a place to house it, and then pay people to administer it. All the while, for the first three years it's free of charge. After 3 years, those that do sign up will be less than those that signed up now (their own forecasts show this). So...the FAA pays for all of this out of pocket (to the initial tune of about 2.5 million bucks) and won't see a penny in return until year three. They project a break even point about 6 years from now.

Sounds more like a drain on resources rather than a gift no?
Old 12-27-2015, 09:47 AM
RC GOLF

it isa law that they FAA can not make laws on model aircraft.
Let them make you register your gun too.
Lets make a list of all possecions and sed it ti them $5.00 each.
please awswitch is the past FREEDOM under LAWS

Last edited by RC GOLF; 12-27-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:54 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by RC GOLF
it isa law that they FAA can not make laws on model aircraft.
Let them make you register your gun too.
Lets make a list of all possecions and sed it ti them $5.00 each.
please awswitch is the past FREEDOM under LAWS
You don't practice law do you?
Old 12-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Very good article about the difference between rights and privileges. http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/responsibility.htm
Old 12-27-2015, 04:08 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Propworn
Very good article about the difference between rights and privileges. http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/responsibility.htm
What a fantastic read, thanks for sharing that. Should be required reading for anyone who wants to talk about their "rights". This part was great...so true!

"We took this little side trip into the Constitution because entirely too many people mistake ideals, privileges, social conduct, selfishness, fear, rudeness, anti-social behavior, verbal aggression and a dogma of self-appointed superiority for RIGHTS! In other words, they have the right to behave this way.

What's more, Not only are these self-proclaimed rights supposed to be 'safe' from government incursion, but everyone else on the planet is also required to step aside and allow them to do what they want. They should not have to 'suffer' consequences of their behaviors and choices because it is their 'right' to do so.
The problem with this whole way of thinking is that isn't how 'rights' work -- especially when it comes to dealing with other people."
Old 12-27-2015, 07:58 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive got a 1/8" by 3 foot stick of wood out of a kit. How do i register it? oh wait it isnt possible!
Old 12-27-2015, 09:53 PM
porcia83
Banned

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough! Just keep hoping!
Old 12-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Rvander
My Feedback: (81)

Just to add to comment made about FAA putting up the money to run this 'out of pocket' ... Ummm there is no such thing... It's out of 'our'-taxpayer pockets.. The money to run this isn't being donated by FAA employees lol... It will be allocated from funds we all pay for.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:50 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Rvander
Just to add to comment made about FAA putting up the money to run this 'out of pocket' ... Ummm there is no such thing... It's out of 'our'-taxpayer pockets.. The money to run this isn't being donated by FAA employees lol... It will be allocated from funds we all pay for.
Um...are you familiar with budgets, funds being allocated etc? Of course most of what the govt does is funded ultimately by our taxes, but for the here and now, the FAA is shouldering the costs of this project out of their budgets. Its going to take at least 5 years before they start seeing any fees start to make a dent in the total costs of this process.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:43 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Want me to register???? Then prove that the process is legal, because as I see it, it is not. The FAA has authority to require all AIRCRAFT that fly in the NAS to be registered, yet has not required model aircraft to be registered due to the injection of 336a. After failing to meet the deadline for a new rule set by Congress for addressing " liability for drone strikes", the FAA, with the help of a loophole in the DOT requiring traceability of ownership, were planning to have us register each model until they realized that could be over 6 million registrations that they must handle, and did not have the resources to do it. So what did they do? They punted, changed the process so that the OWNER, as a PERSON must be registered, not the aircraft, but that is not what the law stipulates. The FAA CANNOT make a new rule governing model aircraft without going back through Congress. Either the FAA must follow the current airmanship certification process, current aircraft registration process, or the FAA goes to Congress and waits for a new ruling to be passed amending 336a and allows the FAA to form a new regulation. Tell me how that is wrapping myself in the Constitution? I'm not registering until this process is vetted and hopefully either made legal through an act by Congress or the regulation is pulled and the FAA is told to go back to the drawing board and come up with a more simplified, but legal way to register model aircraft. What sucks, that I technically cannot fly after February 19, even though morally, I should be able to. Even worse, the current registration the FAA just enacted would have been the easiest to abide to, if it is indeed lawful.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:48 PM
porcia83
Banned

It's lawful, notwithstanding the protests.

Perhaps the first person who gets into trouble post reg date will try your logic. The FAA is moving forward under the color of authority granted to it, and until a judge tells them otherwise, they will continue to do so, and nothing is really going to change that, certainly not by the registration date.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:36 PM
TFF

FAR 11 is how the FAA makes rules and its authority is under this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admini..._Procedure_Act
How it interferes with other rules is what you pay lawyers for. Pretty much if you cant afford to have a lawyer challenge it, you are stuck with it.