Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Should AMA have a "Drone Operators" Classification?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Should AMA have a "Drone Operators" Classification?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 08:33 PM
jeffrey solomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for sharing this horrible story. Sorry to make you re-live it.
I was just interested in the adjusters procedure, but this accident should remind us
of the potential dangers of our hobby and have any person who is some what lax
in there flight procedures and vigilance tighten their act. It sounds like you could
have easily lost your friend at any point. Hard to believe he made a full recovery
but glad to hear it.
Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:52 AM
twistman
My Feedback: (42)

Originally Posted by jeffrey solomon
Thank you so much for sharing this horrible story. Sorry to make you re-live it.
I was just interested in the adjusters procedure, but this accident should remind us
of the potential dangers of our hobby and have any person who is some what lax
in there flight procedures and vigilance tighten their act. It sounds like you could
have easily lost your friend at any point. Hard to believe he made a full recovery
but glad to hear it.
Thanks again.
It was Gods will that he made it,because the doctors said if he made it 24 hours it would be a miracle. So when we fly we need to be thankful and very careful.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Interesting how this post has strayed completely from the question, basically should multi-rotor craft, Drone or whatever you want to call non-helicopter or fixed wing LOS models be in another class with AMA?

Seems like this post has run it's course......
Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gizmo-RCU
Interesting how this post has strayed completely from the question, basically should multi-rotor craft, Drone or whatever you want to call non-helicopter or fixed wing LOS models be in another class with AMA?

Seems like this post has run it's course......
For better or worse rcu doesn't allow an op to moderate threads, nor close them, probably because there would be no active participation or discussion. Threads can and will drift. Ultimately the membership decides when and if its done by not posting.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 AM
twistman
My Feedback: (42)

I don't think it strayed at all,because I was asked about an accident that the AMA was involved with. The question was if we needed AMA at all and post was to show that we do need AMA. That does not mean the post has run its course,if you have any ideas that you think will help, post them instead of being so negitive. Differant people just have differant questions.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Didn't say I was closing it, just feel it's less interesting it me ?