Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

NO DRONE ZONES, DC has the most restrictive NO DRONE Zone in the USA

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NO DRONE ZONES, DC has the most restrictive NO DRONE Zone in the USA

Old 01-07-2016, 06:44 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down NO DRONE ZONES, DC has the most restrictive NO DRONE Zone in the USA

The No Drone Zone has been expanded to a 30 mile circumference of Reagan National Airport in DC. See attached link. You can not fly a plane or drone in this area. This has affected almost a dozen clubs that have had to close their doors. I think this is sad and avoidable. This affects Maryland, DC, Northern Virginia and Northern West Virginia.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/no_drone_zone/dc/
Old 01-13-2016, 02:32 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I know our club field is closed down thru at least 01-15-2016 It looks like I will be moving out of the DC area...
Old 01-14-2016, 04:55 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ramcfarland
Yes I know our club field is closed down thru at least 01-15-2016 It looks like I will be moving out of the DC area...
Sorry to hear that man. Come further north, there a some good clubs in Northern MD. Obama and the rest of the Washington ELITE paid too well by our tax dollar, are scared like little babies of getting a bomb dropped in their laps. Personally, I think a change in leadership in the house, senate and white house are long overdue.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:44 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

the story i heard was that several AMA members flew drones in the area of the white house. if true that was TOTALLY STUPID and was guaranteed to bring this kind of response from the bureaucrats. so- is this story true?

Ed
Old 01-22-2016, 07:56 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

No