Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

New Format

Old 01-24-2016, 03:59 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Format

Is it just me or are others having a problem navigating through this new format?
Old 01-24-2016, 05:08 PM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not just you.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:32 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Progress!
Old 01-24-2016, 10:34 PM
flyinham

porcia83, you always have a answer for everything. But it's not progress if it causes a lot of the people problems or aggravation.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:51 AM
porcia83
Banned

Change will often times do that!
Old 01-25-2016, 02:21 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The young embrace change.

Us old farts ? Not so much.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:10 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

We talking bout the New format that's 2 years old??
Old 01-25-2016, 05:35 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinham
porcia83, you always have a answer for everything. But it's not progress if it causes a lot of the people problems or aggravation.
It's a burden, but I try!

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
We talking bout the New format that's 2 years old??
I think he means the new front page. Alerts/updates in threads seem to be wonky, as well as e-mails with new comments in threads. They used to come with the link in blue and I would just click on it, now it's regular text and have to cut paste to get back to the thread.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:35 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Myself and other friends hate it.
Will be using this place less and less
Old 01-25-2016, 06:49 AM
porcia83
Banned

It's tough to have a site that's everything to everyone. When they are free, there is a certain amount of advertising etc we'll have to deal with. People complain about all kinds of things on RCU and RCG as well, arguably the two biggest RC sites out there. At the end of the day, both have their pluses and minuses....good enough for free though!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 AM
JohnB96041

Progress and change are good things, usually. However, stupid IT programmers are not welcome to any web site. Go back to school and learn the programming lessons again. I am a retired IT tech programmer and know what I am talking about.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:53 AM
MX240

I use to see when fun flies and events were being held and I haven't found that on this new site.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:15 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83

I think he means the new front page. Alerts/updates in threads seem to be wonky, as well as e-mails with new comments in threads. They used to come with the link in blue and I would just click on it, now it's regular text and have to cut paste to get back to the thread.
aaah,, besides taking forever to load, like RCU often does,,it doesn't took to difficult to find the same links,

I hadn't seen that change since I go straight to this when I come to browse http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/usercp.php

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 01-25-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
CESSNA 421
My Feedback: (17)

The old formant was great but I guess it the only job an IT department or web designer has to do is to change something that works into something that doesn't work.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:46 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile

It's the typical High Tech job security scam.

1. Take something that works OK
2. Throw it out in favor of something new
3. Spend the next 5 years fixing the new so it works as well as the old
4. Go to line 1 and repeat

You just guaranteed your job for the next several years and will probably have to hire more folks to help fix everything you goobered up with the upgrade. Now you can be a manager.

Microsoft mastered this game long ago.

Last edited by 049flyer; 01-25-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:19 PM
Roguedog

Originally Posted by 049flyer
It's the typical High Tech job security scam.

1. Take something that works OK
2. Throw it out in favor of something new
3. Spend the next 5 years fixing the new so it works as well as the old
4. Go to line 1 and repeat

You just guaranteed your job for the next several years and will probably have to hire more folks to help fix everything you goobered up with the upgrade. Now you can be a manager.

Microsoft mastered this game long ago.
Perfect Anecdote for what happened here at RCUniverse. Hear hear!

I freaking loved RCu before the Internet Brands take over and those in charge have been throwing money away for programmers when what was and is still needed is infrastructure and bandwidth.

It's been almost 5 years and they, the programmers or IT people running this sight, have probably made a crap load of money off the Powers to be, like how a used car salesman tries to jack you for every extra penny he can.

I pretty much stay off RCUniverse now visiting only every couple of months.

The obsequious RCU followers are always going to come to the defense of their masters cause they either have no where else to go, refuse to stand up and look for something better,, or simply refuse to change.

In other words being in a crap pile may stink but at least your warm.

Last edited by Roguedog; 01-26-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:58 PM
jatoRC

I think the new format sucks. I don't understand why websites feel the need to completely change their format. When the users get used to where everything is why change it?

It's OK to add new features or enhance a site but don't completely change it.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:03 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Roguedog
Perfect Anecdote for what happened here at RCUniverse. Hear hear!

I freaking loved RCu before the Internet Brands take over and those in charge have been throwing money away for programmers when what was and is still needed is infrastructure and bandwidth.

It's been almost 5 years and they, the programmers or IT people running this sight, have probably made a crap load of money off the Powers to be, like how a used car salesman tries to jack you for every extra penny he can.

I pretty much stay off RCgroups now visiting only every couple of months.

The obsequious RCU followers are always going to come to the defense of their masters cause they either have no where else to go, refuse to stand up and look for something better,, or simply refuse to change.

In other words being in a crap pile may stink but at least your warm.
Both RCU and RCG are free (as are all of their subsidiary sites)...how is anyone getting "jacked" for any pennies, let alone a last one? Where are the better sites that offer similar free services?
Old 01-25-2016, 05:06 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by jatoRC
I think the new format sucks. I don't understand why websites feel the need to completely change their format. When the users get used to where everything is why change it?

It's OK to add new features or enhance a site but don't completely change it.
Other than the front page (which many don't even come into the site from), what major change has this place gone through lately that has changed the look, feel, or performance? I can't think of free site, that still needs to generate revenue to keep running doesn't upgrade their platforms from time to time. Not saying all the changes have worked or are good ones, but they can't have a site looking and feeling the same year after year.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Roguedog

Both RCU and RCG are free (as are all of their subsidiary sites)...how is anyone getting "jacked" for any pennies, let alone a last one? Where are the better sites that offer similar free services?
Guys like u always,ALWAYS misquoting what is being said, because you never completely read what is said, and then never use critical thinking to analyze what was communicated.

No one said that we were getting "jacked" or "bilked" You came up with that on your own. So stop making up stuff to support something that never actually happened. Ge-zez!

Fully read what is being said then let in settle in before making an incorrect assessment then foolishly posting a counter argument against something that was never said in the first place.

The really funny thing is your the exact type of person I was referring to above. Not that that 's bad for you. Your comfortable here. No reason to get upset.

Last edited by Roguedog; 01-25-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Roguedog

Other than the front page (which many don't even come into the site from), what major change has this place gone through lately that has changed the look, feel, or performance? I can't think of free site, that still needs to generate revenue to keep running doesn't upgrade their platforms from time to time. Not saying all the changes have worked or are good ones, but they can't have a site looking and feeling the same year after year.
The site is still slow. Pictures take forever to pop up into full screen.

Those are two observations i had withing 2 miniutes of logging into the site after a long absence.

Word of the day --- Obsequious
[h=1]obsequious[/h]

[uh b-see-kwee-uh s]

adjective 1. characterized by or showing servile complaisance or deference; fawning: an obsequious bow.

2. servilely compliant or deferential: obsequious servants.

3. obedient; dutiful.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 PM
drac1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i still get the highlighted hyperlink. Just click on it to go to the thread. No need to copy and paste.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:19 AM
porcia83
Banned

Guys like u always,ALWAYS misquoting what is being said, because you never completely read what is said, and then never use critical thinking to analyze what was communicated.

No one said that we were getting "jacked" or "bilked" You came up with that on your own. So stop making up stuff to support something that never actually happened. Ge-zez!

Fully read what is being said then let in settle in before making an incorrect assessment then foolishly posting a counter argument against something that was never said in the first place.

The really funny thing is your the exact type of person I was referring to above. Not that that 's bad for you. Your comfortable here. No reason to get upset.
The site is still slow. Pictures take forever to pop up into full screen.

Those are two observations i had withing 2 miniutes of logging into the site after a long absence.

Word of the day --- Obsequious
obsequious

[uh b-see-kwee-uh s]

adjective 1. characterized by or showing servile complaisance or deference; fawning: an obsequious bow.

2. servilely compliant or deferential: obsequious servants.

3. obedient; dutiful.
Hit a nerve did I? Dictionary quotes, always the best way to support an argument. Up next, Wiki quotes? Good stuff!

As for the penny comment...that was you my friend, all you.

I'm always amazed at people like you that complain about the free service they use. You presume to know about all the money the site has made, but have nothing to back that up. You have all the best ideas on how a site should run to make you happy, yet you continue to use the site for what, 9 years now?

RCU isn't a perfect site,(no site is) but for free...not bad deal. If you have all these great suggestions on how things should go, make it known to the mods in the appropriate thread and manner, like I have done in the past. If you have a better way to start and run and monetize a site....by all means, I'd love to see what you have put together. Link?

If not, I guess we're both "comfortable" here after all.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:21 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by drac1
i still get the highlighted hyperlink. Just click on it to go to the thread. No need to copy and paste.
I used to be able to do just what you do, but since the change on the front page, no luck. Also, the notice is oddly formatted and I have to scroll far to the right to read it all. It might actually be a formatting thing with my e-mail provider. I'm going to try to log in from another source to see if it changes.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:47 AM
drac1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to be able to do just what you do, but since the change on the front page, no luck. Also, the notice is oddly formatted and I have to scroll far to the right to read it all. It might actually be a formatting thing with my e-mail provider. I'm going to try to log in from another source to see if it changes.
Yeah, that could be worth a try. Even for this post now I received an email, clicked on the link as usual and came straight to the post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.